Homeland Security Chief Wants U.S. Visitors To Surrender Passwords

archive.fo/nrfXA

Good luck proving that you don't use any accounts or passwords.

Other urls found in this thread:

elledecor.com/life-culture/fun-at-home/news/a7654/house-sizes-around-the-world/
businessinsider.com/disposable-income-infographic-2015-3
youtube.com/watch?v=GntiTIpf9XU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_registration_number
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_registration_number#Online_use
opennet.net/research/profiles/south-korea
kr.youtube.com)
freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-net/2015/south-korea
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know what most of my passwords are Mr Agent, I use a password store and randomly generate them.

Then give us the password store.

Even if you don't bring any devices, you are required to give passwords from your online accounts now

Between 1888 and 1943 the USA accepted zero immigrants from the Asian continent. After 1943 until 1965 the quota for China was set at 105 people a year. Maybe I'm off on the figures by a few percent, but you get the idea. We don't have to take anybody who isn't willing to submit to our requirements. As a non-citizen you have zero constitutional rights.

I'm ok with this.

t. non-American who likes Trump and the USA, but has no intention of going to America ever.

What does this achieve?
As for computers, wipe your laptop and install a clean copy of Windows 7, and stick some random dummy Wordpad files on there. If they ask for your password give it to them, and all they'll find is a normalfag desktop.

All it'll do is filter out spergs who didn't come prepared.

Why are people justifying this? It will just create more surveillance down the road. Sure, you can get past it, but there will come a time where you won't be able to. Imagine, in the age of brain-computer interfaces, that you'd be required to give up access to your brain. I don't live in America, but it will surely leak elsewhere.

If that's real, I mourn for the USA. I love Frump, but why do his picks have to be literally stupid dumbfucks? Security theater all over again DHS is useless as a beef jerky vagina.

That's like pretty much everyone ever. This isn't about stopping terrorism (nothing ever is), it's about getting people's profiles.

That's at home. On this device, I just use onetime passwords.

If this is real, and not just specific to certain high threat individuals, then popular outrage on the right will have Donald set it straight. They don't need the passwords in most cases anyways, the U.S. government can get a court order to review most social media data, as it is ultimately stored in the there.

*in the USA.

Just as , I have a self-hosted web-based password manager which generates random passwords, and I imagine how painful would be spell to some retard normie my passwords, which most of them are like this: w_(G{:V:75qm7uS$[6rRHN{5]h7Jy2

Btw, passwords which they probably would store in a unsecure Windows machine as plain text. How dumber this can get?

How much do you think Mohamed knows about computers? It's hard to overestimate the intellectual divide between an 8/tech/ poster and the average immigrant or even American citizen.

I use KeepassX to generate and store my password, so even if I wanted to I couldn't give it to them.

Why should I care if some shitskins have to give their social media info?

"Oh, well, nothing I can do. You'll have to go back. Next!"
I wonder what they do with people who don't have ((("social" media))) accounts. Or, worse, if you don't have but someone with the same name as you does. Then if they search it they find "you" and there's no way to convince them that fucker is not really you.

I'm not a burger but anyone inside the US has constitutional rights. The caveat is there are some exceptions close to the borders, which include anywhere remotely close to the coast and airports.

have no password aside from steam account 123456 and bank account which you already have access to
y-you can have my trip code?

If you don't think that some president will eventually roll this out for American citizens, you're incredibly stupid. There'll be a terrorist attack some day, you will be considered unamerican if you don't support password collection.

>>>/reddit/

That's a retarded concept because it describes the vast majority of burgers. Fortunately, retarded is also a concept that describes the vast majority of burgers so it still works out.

Why the fuck would I want to go to that shithole in the first place?

Doesn't this sperg watch chinese children's cartoon shows?

Well you learned to speak our language. We are the most powerful nation on Earth, our homes have the most square feet, we have the most disposable income, the best University system, the most research and patents every year, we basically have everything except for anime, which we import anyway.

Why would they assume I do in the first place?

Wait
This is only for sandniggers you fuckwad

How can the "will to good" come form the "will to evil"?

The price for all this is your freedom. Enjoy your NSA.

You faggots should not justify this. I'm from a shit third world country and I'd love to go to USA and live there, it's my dream to get out of here. And I also 100% support you americans in stopping all these illegal immigrants and terrorists getting into your country, Trump is the way to go.

But asking me my account and password? This is next gen surveillance for the government. Why not instead focus on not letting obvious terrorists into your country? Does someone have a history of crime? Rejected. Is someone coming from a country full of terrorists? Inspect further. Why would you ask random people for their very personal info? You should be ashamed for supporting the NSA like that, I hope that every country in the world will ask for such private info in case any of you want to travel just so you get a taste of it.

If you do this you will get muslims who will gladly share their info because they think they aren't in the wrong and they'll get a pass. Intelligent people will not hand out their passwords just like that.

WRONG

Nowhere does it say citizen, and case law has affirmed rights of aliens on US soil.

Wouldn't they just ask for your Keepass db and pass?

Federal govt can in general place various restrictions. Besides, "being granted entry into the US" is not a constitutional right.

They can ask all they want, but it's not just going to magically materialize out of no where.

I feel you, my Swedish friend.

Which would you prefer, the truth serum, electrocuting your balls, or the $5 wrench?

I literally do not know the passwords so it would be useless, do you not know how keepass works?

Not your language, nigger.

A questionable assertion, what with China having a comparable economy, Russia having a comparable nuclear arsenal, and the EU teaming up for various comparable stats.

elledecor.com/life-culture/fun-at-home/news/a7654/house-sizes-around-the-world/
lol

businessinsider.com/disposable-income-infographic-2015-3
further lol

Should I get out the student debt statistics?

I'll give you this one. Not that patent trolling is anything to be proud of.

Only 1 out of 6. About as much as can be expected from a delusional braindead trumpfaggot, I suppose.

Christ man, at least pick a decent country to move to. Such countries being rare is no excuse.

Not him, but you'd be fucking retarded to think China/Russias military power has anything on us. America currently has absolute global naval authority and absolute air supremacy. China and Russia have neither. America still has the highest GDP, China has only the second, but a far worse per capita. America has a lot of problems, but it is technically the most powerful country on Earth still

You're just being autistic. If they know about your account it's because they've seen activity that can be traced back to you, so clearly you are able to access it. Especially something like your webmail, which you've probably been checking many times a day for years, they can tell you can access. They'll just tell you to login whatever method you use, and if you refuse to they'll detain/arrest/prosecute/whatever it is they do.

If you were being tortured, you'd fess up all the details of your password storage system and how to access it. It's not like torturers are only allowed to ask specific questions. He can just say he's gonna zap your balls every minute that he's not logged in to your X account.

But yeah in reality I doubt some Joe nobody like you would face so much scrutiny. At most if you're foreign they'll quietly deny your entry and send you back.

So yeah, you don't know how Keepass works. There's nothing to "fess up". Even if I wanted to give him my information, I would need to physically go back to my home country where my computer is located in order to access my keepassx db to retrieve my password. It's not something you carry on your person so torture or further hassling would literally be just a waste of time for both of us.

English, do you speak it? >;^)

The EU is weak. Russia has its nukes but not enough manpower. China is the sole threat to the USA at this time, but they have some serious limiting factors. For example, they have severe water stress. They really have the maximum population for the amount of water they have.

You know that we have bigger homes than any European country on average. We also pay for our own educations, because we are the best country in the world.

Keepass? Oh we'll just use of our many backdoors then. Thanks for being gullible goy.

thank you Holla Forums

and this is the single greatest mistake with the US constitution. It does not understand the difference between human rights and political rights. The constitutions for most other civilized democracies grant all the basic liberties to passer-byes, but reserve political power to citizens only.

The UN declaration of human rights is a vapid -- and at times nonsensical -- charter, but it should still apply to everyone in the US. That should make some watered-down mention to privacy or something.

lol. it's not like they tell them to you. did you really drank the koolaid that you were partaking in the high government circles?

because he's an even bigger sellout stupid dumbfuck?

enough to buy high-capacity military weaponry in the US :^)

the Republicans just lifted a restriction that prevented people with severe mental illness to buy weapons:
youtube.com/watch?v=GntiTIpf9XU

a feat most Burgerclaps are too dumb to achieve

the chink military will shred to pieces. it's a matter of brute numbers

mostly an artificial and irrelevant statistic, coming from the fact that most of your cities are cultureless fads built in the last 150 years. You'd be reading a very different story if you went to an old city in the East coast, like Boston. Also, your housing also have the cheapest construction materials. You enjoying those fires much?

correction. 1% of the US population does, because they fuck you in the rectum left and right. You are a just redneck living in a camper station.

all those based atheist top scientists you despise so much --for the crime of pushing the whole country forward for you-- also gotta bring bacon home.

daily reminder that you also have the least educated population among rich countries. this fact also attests to the contradictory and disfunctional nature of the US.

tl;dr
the US is much like China, Russia, or an anthill in that they are powerful as a collective; to cope for their deep individual shortcomings.

your envy is showing.

I'm not an Amerifat so I might be wrong, but I thought the courts have already decided Section 1 of the 14th Amendment gives rights to non-citizens.

I did enjoy you giving some serious effort to back up your hot opinions. That's more than hundreds of other fags on this shithole have been able to do for the better part of a year. You and I disagree and we can argue about it, sure. Now I agree that China poses a serious threat. We have to go nuclear right away if we get into the shit with China.

Check GDP in PPP terms. China is actually higher. So is the EU.

you have to stay back

Thanks for proving how useless a metric it is then

Are you paid to be this retarded? I sure hope so.

Are you honestly implying the border security guy is going to hack into a computer located in a foreign country (a crime in and of itself), waste their super secret keepassx backdoor they managed to merge into the github repo, all to force me to give them my facecuck password? And that's implying I left my notebook at home plugged in and running, which I wouldn't do anyway. You're actually delusional. All they'd do is deny entry.

Muslims everywhere that does not work and just collect benefits, pension money being cut from Swedish citizens to increase payout to said muslims, paying congestion tax to drive over a bridge that is literally the only way to get from north of sweden to south of sweden without a several-hundred-mile detour, and of course the beggars that are sitting outside literally (not figuratively, literally) every convenience store in all of the greater Stockholm area begging for money, sent there by a dude in eastern europe who lives in a mansion and collects said beggar money via hired agents every month, meanwhile the government refuses to make it illegal to beg like that or even legal to kick them out because "Oh the poor immigrant beggars, they must be allowed".

Meanwhile none of this is mentioned in the newspapers because ALL of Sweden's news is the equivalent of Fox News, talking about either fashion or irrelevant shit, or about how great Sweden is compared to America and other places (they've had a field day with Trump, talking about how racist he is LITERALLY EVERY DAY SINCE HE WAS ELECTED).
The only ones talking about actual issues are small independent news sites, which are immediately branded as "racist" because they decided to write about one of the many immigrant related problems, resulting in you being branded as a "racist" for "believing the lies".

So people refering to USA as "cuckistan" always makes me smile.

Thank G-d this place is dead

You knew that you must bring it in order to show us all your passwords. So, good bye.

yeah that's one of the biggest problems

Enjoy your muslims and non-whites then.

Gee. I wonder what the common factor linking his "literaly stupid" picks could be? I wonder if it could be the person who picked them? And if so, I wonder what that says about that person?

Face facts. Birds gotta fly, ducks gotta swim, republicans (even alleged "outsiders" like Trump) gotta police-state.

Hi, fellow pajeet. You are right in all aspects.

What's the problem? He is speaking American like everybody else here.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hey, but it doesn't werk!
Please give the correct one, or we will deny entry for you.

You don't have American language, goys.
What you speak is a bastardized version of English, which is made in UK.

American English is derived from British English some 300 years ago. The English were a Germanic tribe that invaded the UK before recorded history. They used French and English words in their language, especially after the Saxons came over. Gaellic is proper Celtic, spoken rarely in Wales. Anyway, what you read and type is American English, you just don't realize it. UK English has somewhat retarded spelling of words and infuriating grammar like 'in hospital' instead of 'in the hospital'.

You're lying. Let's go to Guantanamo, buddy. (Actually don't have passwords with you? Good luck proving that!)

How can they prove I've given them all my passwords? There could always be one more account I've kept shut about it. And this holds for every single person they review. Are they going to use Enhanced Interrogation Techniques(tm) on every single person?
It simply doesn't work because there's no possible reference against which to check if you've given them everything.

This is the opposite of reality. You burgers come to my country to get free education because you don't want to become debt slaves back home. And we don't want you here, we want you to fuck back to the shithole you come from.

That's not the point. Can you prove them you don't know? They will assume you do know. And if you really don't, you're even more fucked, but there's no way out for you out of their torture rooms.

That "sperg" risked (and still is) his freedom and life so that the world can know what the American Govt. does behind our backs. Give him some fucking respect.

Fuck you sperg

Jim please block Russian IPs

it's real simple bro. it works like the "muslim test" or when you need to tell the military if you've done drugs before you join.

if you lie about it, and they find out later, you will get deported/arrested/jailed. do you want to take that chance?

I paid off my student loans. You should prevent non-citizens from using your social services.

Snowden deserves to be hanged.

fucking this

one LESS reason to visit the most authoritarian, jewified, niggerified, hypocrite country on earth.

zero fucks given.

I don't even post anywhere except a couple user chans, and one game-related forum (but I'm moving away from that one, because it got much worse in past few years).
So basically, I don't have any logins and passwords, except for my email, banking, and a few other such personal sites.

Good luck proving I do use social media accounts or passwords.
Only one I ever made is LinkedIn, and I never post shit on there. It's been the same static info for years.

WTF? Everyone runs Windows 10 now. Are you trying to hide something???
But seriously, fuck all that Windows shit. I've been running OpenBSD for over a decade, and my resume lists only Linux and *BSD experience. My laptop will continue to run OpenBSD unless something better comes along.

You mean "constitution-free zones"? That's a load of bullshit. The Constitution applies to the entire USA territory. Or at least it was meant to. The only reason they did this shit is to start the slippery slope and slow-boil frog stew.

Torture doesn't work when you don't even know the info they want. That's why the most secure way is to use both a passphrase and a physical key that you can quickly destroy. Something like paper tape is just about perfect for storying a key (easy and quick to burn with lighter).

Why don't you take video footage every day, and upload it on youtube and other places? If MSM is trying to shut you down, use and/or create alternative.

Unfortunately, at borders the burden of proof in on you.

So we use American English and as we know, USA is severely cucked.
Does that mean that we are speaking Cuck language right now?

Sure showing the value of the American school system there.

U wot m8? Stone the crows. Welly welly welly well, I'll smack u r8 in yer gabber, swear to me mum! Don't get cheeky with me m8 or you are in for some hard cheese. I'm au fait with your anti-clockwise, arse over elbow, blinkered, bollocks being all mouth and no trousers. Belt up, you stepped in a biggie when you blew off in here all bladdered. You want to waffle on an' bite my arm off over telling you how blinding America is. You botched it you bloody bugger. You want to get me brassed off, well that's brilliant! What a load of cobblers. When you cock up on Holla Forums you don't get out of it by talking a load of codswallop lad. A fine dog's dinner you've made, right proper. You think it would be all easy peasy, lemon-squeezy? I'll have you know that I watched the BBC once and it was awful! Some goolies you have, but hard lines. But keep your pecker up nancy boy, even if this isn't you cup of tea, when I go on about you being off your trolley just accept that you don't get owt for nowt. Really old chap, now you understand that your post and pear shaped, shambolic and all sixes and sevens. I know my onions about posting. Pip pip.

Sure is /g/ here

Already happened in South Korea

Specifically, private passwords are illegal, as is online anonymity. All online activity is, by law, linked exclusively to state issued ID#s:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_registration_number

Has anyone ever told you that your a faggot?

Thank you BO for chasing out the original Holla Forums posters so we get faggots like this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_registration_number#Online_use

Based tard

Are you dense or something?
>Many South Korean websites require users to submit a valid resident registration number to create an account. This practice ties each registered account to a unique online identity, rather than allowing anonymous registration. Since only a few large websites allow alternate means of identification (such as an alien registration number or passport number), foreigners are unable to use most South Korean websites.

I just linked that article as a quick example of what I'm talking about. Here's a more detailed description of the insane model dystopia of SK:
opennet.net/research/profiles/south-korea
>In 2004 election laws began requiring individuals who post comments on Web sites and message boards in support of, or in opposition to, a candidate to disclose their real names. In 2005 the government implemented a rule that required e-mail or chat-service account holders to provide detailed information, including name, address, profession, and identification number. This policy was tightened further by the MIC in July 2007 when users were required to register their real names and resident identification numbers with Web sites before posting comments or uploading video or audio clips on bulletin boards. In December 2008, the KCC extended its reach to require all forum and chat room users to make verifiable real-name registrations. Furthermore, an April 2009 amendment to the Information Act took effect, requiring Korea-domain Web sites with at least 100,000 visitors daily to confirm personal identities through real names and resident registration numbers. Previously, real-name registration was required for news Web sites with more than 200,000 visitors a day or portals and user-generated content sites with over 300,000 daily visitors. Rather than comply with the new registration system, Google disabled the features on the Korean- language YouTube site (kr.youtube.com) for uploading videos and comments. The real-name registration provisions of the Public Official Elections Act were unsuccessfully challenged in July 2010 when the Constitutional Court found that the requirements did not violate principles against prior censorship and that they worked to prevent “social loss and side effects which arise out of the distortion of public opinion.”

coming soon to the government near you... except by that time it will be so normalized in other countries that you won't even notice anything changed.

Are they trying to be North Korea or something?

Maybe their compass factory mixed up the needle colors.

You deserve to be enslaved tbh

You have 'STILL' yet to back up your retarded claims of 'South Korea supporting password collection' btw

You will live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension

Leaving aside the fact that the laws were in force untouched for YEARS before any judicial challenges happened, you're aware those rulings didn't actually repeal the law, only modulate its implementation? Here's a more recent article on the internet situation in SK:
freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-net/2015/south-korea
>The Personal Information Protection Act was amended in 2013 to reflect the Constitutional Court’s 2012 ruling. Website administrators are now prohibited from collecting users’ RRNs, and must destroy those already on record. Effective from August 2014, failure to protect an individual’s RRN is punishable by fines of up to KRW 500 million (US$455,000). Mobile service providers still require users to provide their RRNs.
>Other laws, such as the Public Official Election Act, the Children and Youth Protection Act, the Game Industry Promotion Act, and the Telecommunications Business Act, separately require internet users to verify their identities. To ensure compliance with these laws, the KCC is exploring identity verification methods alternative to the use of RRNs, such as Internet Personal Identification Numbers (i-PINs, overseen by the Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs), authenticated certificates (issued by banks and other organizations permitted to collect RRNs by Article 23 of the Network Act), and SMS verification. However, large-scale hacking attacks into the i-PIN system in February 2015, generating 750,000 counterfeit numbers, called for rethinking of the security framework at a more fundamental level.
In other words, the court ruling has merely caused the creation of new ID systems aside from the national ID numbers, many of which instead of being run by the government nominally under public control, are now being FARMED OUT TO SELF POLICING BY PRIVATE CORPORATIONS PER GOVERNMENT MANDATE, and the requirement to collect name/age/sex/location/job/etc is totally untouched alongside the ban on anonymous/pseudonymous posting.

Moar of our inevitable future

What a retard

Hope you don't have any insurance policy or bank account user, they all have your private information, require you to personally identify yourself, and are self policed by private corporations per government mandate and are required to to collect name/age/sex/location/job/etc

Not sure why you're sperging out so much based out outdated shit, outright wrong shit, and literally some faggot's post on a chan

From the second article I posted:
>domestic service providers legally provide the authorities with user data even without a warrant, introducing scope for abuse. In 2013, police accessed private social network accounts and real-time location information while investigating a railway union protest. In September 2014, a significant number of users left the country’s most popular mobile messenger, Kakaotalk, which was alleged to be cooperating in a post-Sewol crackdown on criticisms of the government.
>While court-issued warrants are required to access the content of private communications, service providers may “choose” to surrender individuals’ metadata without a warrant to investigative agencies, including police, prosecutors, and the National Intelligence Service, under Article 83(3) of the Telecommunications Business Act.

None of what he said is secret (especially not the laws) in any way, just a bit hard to find on the English internet. I've looked up all of it, and every one of his claims turned out to be even worse than he says.

These certs are being used to validate accounts on 3rd-party sites. It's like if you were required by law to ask your insurance company to vouch for your identity in order to post (with real name only) on Holla Forums.

I worked in Korea as a student recruiter for universities, it's about 5% true and rest are Holla Forumstier lies

i-Pin is completely optional and no site that isn't a bank or some government shit asks you to provide all that

You STILL have yet to show anything about claims of 'South Korea supporting password collection' btw

They don't even need password collection, because they know who you are, what you've said, and can bypass your passwords without so much as a court-ordered warrant.

So finally you admit to making shit up, took only about 20 hours, good work

It's quoted and bolded in the very post you replied to, read the Freedom House article, data retention is required, backdoors are required, and since these corporations have been repeatedly proven to operate hand-in-glove with the government, "voluntary" cooperation essentially means no court supervision required.

Wait, why's the other guy making such a big deal about 'court, a prosecutor, the head of an investigative agency, or the head of an intelligence and investigation agency' having access to telecommunications companies' data?

What happened to Holla Forums not trusting any telecommunications company or the government in the first place?

Literally nothing about passwords, please admit that you're an idiot making shit up who believes everything he reads on a chan and stop posting.

These ID systems function as a (mandatory) replacement for typical username/password systems, and come with their own passwords that are on file with the government that issued them. They don't even need to collect them, because they're the one that gave them to you.

btw it was ruled back in 2012 that it was illegal for companies to hand over personal information without a warrant

and that kakaotalk thing was done with a warrant

Stop backtracking and just admit you're making shit up.

Again, from the same Freedom House article you refuse to read:
>The ruling does not appear to have strengthened privacy safeguards. According to the latest official press release in May 2015, service providers fulfilled 508,511 such requests in the second half of 2014, a six percent increase over the number they executed during the same period in 2013. The number of requests to access the records or content of private communications has been decreased, from 132,070 to 127,153 and from 337 to 192 respectively.
>User rights advocates say these numbers are misleading, since one request can affect many individuals over a long period of time. Service providers are also criticized for not fulfilling their legal duty of informing affected individuals. In most cases they refuse to respond when users inquire whether their data has been requested by the authorities.

I'm not backtracking. My first post said private passwords are banned, my last post said the same thing, and every source backed that statement up.

Again, you have provided nothing to back up your statement of south korea supporting password collection, and the random link you posted doesn't back it up either

Bolding random words doesn't make your statements any more true

For the third time, they don't need to collect private passwords for practically any sites, because they're already illegal, and there is zero oversight on abuse of the centrally-issued ones.

I can think of one reasonable defense for your argument, though. If you really want to split hairs, it's true this has nothing to do with stuff like passwords on your encrypted HDD, or your phone's lockout code. Though just like any country, if you're requested by a court to turn over such passwords, and you refuse, you can be punished for obstruction of justice and/or contempt of court.

For the whatever time, you said that they supported password collection and after being shown to be full of shit, drag out some literal who site

Just admit that you're a retard making shit up please, this is getting tiresome

btw that telecommunication act doesn't give law enforcement agencies to the following

1. Names of users;
2. Resident registration numbers of users;
3. Addresses of users;
4. Phone numbers of users;
5. IDs of users (referring to the identification codes of users that are used to identify the rightful users of computer systems or communications networks); and
6. Dates on which users subscribe or terminate their subscriptions.

Not to any data

Oh wow you sure outsmarted the border agent, except you didnt and now they dont let you into the country.

So what if II signed up for something with a burner e-mail address I forgot about years ago? If they find out about it due to, say, IP logs, then would I be fucked even though I only used it once?

What did you do with the account? Sign up for a shitty f2p MMO? Then fuck no.

But if you used it to smuggle illegal weapons or something, they'd probably lock you in a room and tell you to start remembering.

You can't prove a negative, so they're full of shit if this is how they operate.
Also I'm american (dual citizen) so this might not even apply to me.

the u.s. was a police state long before drumph

So this is how he'll get past court huh not gonna lie pretty shitty deal but I think it's a reference more than anything else. Don't like it though should b over turned later f it ever happens probably get expanded to everyone including citizens.

Deterrent not refrence dammit

top kek

even LUKS devs warn about having to prove a negative when crossing borders. read their FAQ.

All we know is that all the shit we don't like comes from Burgerland. Go home yankie.

Go figure, this website originally came from Burgerland

I said everything shitty comes from burgerland, not everything from burgerland is shitty. But I know most burgers can't into logic.
This website is total shit though.

Nice false-dilemma, retard

You don't know what a "false-dilemma" even is, yankie.

case law isn't the constitution, case law changes with the times to whatever is most popular and is not an argument.

>We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
The preamble specifically states that the constitution is by and for the people of the united states

I sure hope your ancestors didn't immigrate in 1850 or so, since they wouldn't count as "our Posterity".

The Constitution applies to the govt of the United States and limits its actions. The Bill of Rights in particular disallows actions violating human rights. A human being doesn't lose his God-given, self-evident rights based on his immigration status.

Read the constitution you nigger, It expressly states the people in almost every section repeatedly. Not humans, or people, the people. Who are the people? the citizens of the united states.

nice headcannon but no

i am the elite hacker from 4chan. I used to be part of serveral hacking groups. One was the hacker group who leaked hillarys emails. I have avoided use of social media. The password to my kali linux laptop (hacker os) is "elite" 47 times and excuse me good sir i am going to miss my flight

Quit deflecting, faglord.

I don't think any states with the technology of a calculator aren't surveillance states at this point.

Also this whole thread is retarded as fuck

This rhetoric is as empty as his wall rhetoric was. Does anyone remember the fact major companies, you know, the ones that you actually use your passwords for, collude with the government and arguably influence large parts of them? Don't forget the mass dragnet surveillance that has resulted in mass databases full of passwords. I'm not even defending this shit just saying it's empty meaningless rhetoric at this point.

Do I get a free pass if I say 8ch.net?

Oy vey, the licence is fake. Under provisions of ACTA, to jail you go for trying to smuggle counterfeit software.

The question is, will they allow Holla Forumslacks to enter or will we have to appeal to the Emperor directly?

At the very least they're no worse than their predecessors under the last few administrations. All worked to incrementally erode privacy rights.

What popular outrage? Who the fuck in US cares about the rights of some filthy foreigners? Unless they're brown invaders who come to vote.

t. filthy foreigner

RRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GAS YOURSELF COMMIE SCUM

Why the fuck did I greentext that?

Japanese anime is explicitly and intentionally made for and marketed towards teenagers and adults, generally with no regard for child-friendlyness. Including the majority of 'moe' shows, many are aimed at teenage and adult men, and contain suggestive scenes and sequences(pantsu?) that would make them unsuitable for children.

That's a whole lot of words to say I like children's cartoons

If you are not a fucking muslim, nothing bad will happen to you.

This. The U.S. is and has been for some time in the twilight of its democracy. Western Europe is also faltering, but once the U.S. fails the rest of the world will follow not much later.

Trump is trying to improve the situation, so there's some hope. And already Florida has killed off gun-free zones. Now if only the rest of the states would follow suit.
Anyway, the Constitution doesn't apply to non-citizens, so it's perfectly ok to force them to decrypt their HD and reveal passwords if they want to cross the border. If they don't like that, they can just go somewhere else. Nobody is forcing them to come.

The problem is that this is how a 1984 society begins. Next time, citizen will be forced to give up their passwords.
But maybe the truths is the government doesn't need to ask the citizens for their passwords since they already know everything about their citizens through the NSA

I feel like people these days forget that 1984 is a parody of the USSR and all three superpowers in it are basically Soviet-style sham communisms, being communism in name only while still having massive inequality. More inequality in some sense, because equality is used as a way to destroy the middle class and convert it into a moat between the elites and the proles.

Right wing regimes aren't like 1984 at all, nor like what is meant by "police state" in modern parlance. They usually target actual dissidents and malevolent actors. You might make an argument that dissent is a human right and contributes to proper discourse etc. But the point is that in a right wing regime it is trivial to just mind your own business and live a good life, being rewarded for your good work (though sometimes "fake good work" is available due to nationalistic climate). But in left wing regime simply being successful in its own right elicits punishment.

The NSA doesn't know anything about you but metadata. Metadata is not the same as real data.

Didnt 1984 said something about all types of regimes just want to have power and shit on everyone? I cant remember that part, I think it was when they were stretching him and then he was explaining shit about commies and nazis

Glad you cleared that one up, Obama

The distinction is important, since regardless of how much private information mass snooping by alphabet agencies actually nets, they can't openly use that information as evidence in court without tipping their hand.

Much like indefinite detention and torture, if such things became explicitly legal, its usefulness as a tool of repression grows tremendously.

It was a parody of the absolutist secular dictatorships that were emerging from rightists and leftists alike in the post-WWI period. Both involve a new group seizing power, plundering wealth from their political rivals/scapegoats, wrapping it in an all-encompassing ideology enforced on the masses, and enthroning themselves as untouchable oligarchic tyrants whose lives of luxury exist arbitrarily outside any fixed economic or political system.

Orwell wrote plenty of other things denigrating the USSR and its ilk, Animal Farm most obviously, but the basis of much of his stance was precisely its sheer similarity to fascism.

So bad things happen to Muslims?

Looks like we need another 9/11

>believing what o'brien said when using torture to brainwash a dissident
Pay attention, user. Not every claim in the book is meant to be taken literally. You don't believe that Goldstein was actually a dangerous villain, do you?

The fact is that two of the regimes in the book are overtly communist/socialist, while the third is implied to be socialist.

This really isn't the impression I got from Orwell's books and essays. And those 4 examples you mention, yes, I'd consider them quite dissimilar. Perhaps Francoist Spain was similar superficially due to his personal connection.

But who reads 1984, and instead of thinking Stalin, East Germany, Mao, DPRK thinks Chile, Iraq or Singapore? And why are you ignoring the elephant in the room - Nazi Germany, nor Mussolini Italy, was nothing like 1984.

At least in the cold war, these 'dissidents' usually means people pissed off with the generals in charge, the economy around them goes to shit with hyperinflation and such, state cuts on spending on social services such as health care and pensions, and privatizing national industry to foreigners mainly and of course by complete coincidence the ones in charge get excellent deals on that and get rich overnight. With so many unpopular measures people naturally revolt, and that's where you get force in response, military, torture and all that. You have them cowed in fear enough to hopefully balk for the U.S. as a political refugee. If you can keep your mouth shut sure they won't persecute you (that's the point), but unless you're well connected you sure as hell won't 'succeed', your life savings will be gone, you'll pass hunger, and a few people will get a pretty sweet deal.

Now that I write it out, it's not that much different from 2008, you lose your job suffer some economic duress and the bankers get a bailout that benefits them. Only much more drastic. You won't succeed in those circumstances.

what is parallel construction

this is pointless, all russians use tor or vpn, because they have to

What I said isn't horseshoe theory. Bolshevism and fascism evolved from the same ideological shared ancestor that arose during the industrial revolution, as distinguished from pre-industrial totalitarian systems (monarchism, theocracy) and liberal systems (guilds, democracies).

The reason I didn't bother mentioning Germany or Italy (which fit my description perfectly, insofar as it's relevant) is because both were stillborn and spent almost their entire brief existence as struggling war economies rather than anything stable, so they can't really be compared to any "mature" state running (at least putatively) outside martial law.

Something with limitations, and which can still result in the entire case being thrown out under "fruit of the poisonous tree"-doctrine if the defense discovers its origin. Things would get infinitely worse if they didn't have to launder their panopticon harvest at all.

Sounds legit, mr. gookowitz

The point is that communist dictatorships will persecute you even if you do keep your mouth shut, that's how the events of 1984 get started in the first place.

May I suggest? >>>Holla Forums

I am the former finance minister for Korea and you better believe him user.