Previous thread
archive.is/EQ9hw

New damage control articles by the media
archive.is/xogVW
archive.is/u0dQc
archive.is/wt5IS
archive.is/hhnqs
archive.is/fVZlp

They're really gasping at straws now, saying that the first trade sold well on Amazon and that Cain is a "hero" to young girls everywhere (Yeah I know).

This shit is insane.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DavidFutrelle/status/792037459911737345
archive.is/NIJNB
archive.is/UABid
twitter.com/OpinionessWorld/status/791806844650094592
twitter.com/andrewklavan/status/791420667157618689
twitter.com/BoschFawstin/status/792542752135262208
twitter.com/nsomniasaum/status/792478781696974849
archive.is/IkxRl
archive.is/i5DW8
heatst.com/culture-wars/media-created-false-narrative-about-harassment-of-comic-book-writer-chelsea-cain/
archive.is/1GTiN
amazon.com/One-Kick-Lannigan-Novel/dp/1476749876#customerReviews
twitter.com/pvponline/status/793190234024390656
archive.is/c5OLf
twitter.com/pvponline/status/793189802027782144
archive.is/8uEWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I CAN'T PICK A FAVORITE ARTICLE

say hello to the new gobblegate

Nah, not quite yet. Right now we're just at Mass Effect 3 ending debacle levels of butthurt. A few more blowups like this one, and then we might start seeing a real movement form.

They're saying that the first trade shot up to #1 on Amazon after the 'harassment' of Chelsea Cain started, actually, and thus crowing about the grand victory they've won and how the trolls were hoist by their own petard, etc. and so forth.

Of course, what they don't seem to realize is that the book was cancelled because nobody bought it at the local comic shops that are the lifeblood of the industry, and that sitting on their asses ordering the book off the internet is still doing absolutely nothing to fix that problem.

Nah, but they sure as hell are trying to manufacture one, aren't they?

just in case no one thought to do this.

Can't these motherfuckers read, or do they simply don't care?

The woman herself said there was no fucking harassment. Jesus fucking Christ.

but muh narrative.

But user, if they can't push the sexism angle how else are they gonna be able to sell their shitty trades?

Look, GamerGate and Trump has shown you that they don't care. The facts stare them in the face and they don't care. Hillary Clinton was one of the biggest hawks of rthe Iraq War yet Trump said "yeah, I guess" one time on Stern and suddenly he was the biggest Iraq War cheerleader in existence.

They come up with narratives based not in reality but whatever their minds decide is real and then stick to their guns no matter what.

I wouldn't even be on Holla Forums this morning if not to see how stupid this shit is. I guess I'll read issue 8, just to see this ship crash finally.

It's completely fabricated. Nobody harassed Cain. Comics journalists are so desperate for any relevancy that they've finally snapped and created their own Gamergate to fight against.

Really, that's the truth of it. Ever since Gamergate started, comics jounros desperately wanted their own. Now they're making a mountain out of a molehill to get some of those sweet, sweet views.

Okay, I read it. And if you retcon THIS to be the end result of a consensual affair, then Bobbi is unquestionably a MURDERER. Not the arguable justifiable homicide of a rape victim watching her rapist die, just a petty, disgusting killer. How does saying Bobbi is fine with CASUALLY KILLING ex-lovers better then her being a rape victim? Because, especially since it was rape through deception, being a rape victim doesn't make her less strong of a character. These last 8 issues of TRIPE make her a less strong character.

You need to realize
This is just how these "people" are. This retcon is perfectly in the mind of a current year marvel writer. If they could kill ex-boyfriends irl I guarantee you they would. (and anyone else that doesn't bow to their cult like way of life)
Fortunately most of them are too weak physically and mentally to ever go hard so instead they just come into your hobbies and ruin everything you used to love

I love the weird fact that (until someone else retcons this tripe) this absolves Lincoln Slade of ALL WRONG DOING. He's the victim here, he was NEVER A RAPIST. He's a guy who fell for a time traveling adulteress and was killed when she was done living out her cowboy fetish. PHANTOM RIDER II DID NOTHING WRONG!

Somehow I feel the like market Cain's Mockingbird was aiming for hasn't ever read that. They would just take the present run at it's word and never look back.

I'd almost get it if Cain also retconned her killing him, but they refer DIRECTLY TO IT.

I don't know why she'd even mention Phantom Rider. Honestly, if you don't like the old rape story for Bobbi, the worst you can do is bring it up again. Maybe she thought it was unavoidable due to it being the core reason she and Clint split, but she spent so many issues establishing that Bobbi is an abrasive asshole anyway, I don't think you need to justify why Clint left her.

They just want to be part of some crusade. And they think buying trades of the book off Amazon matters.

Tell each and every one of them to go to a comic shop and buy all those issues that are taking up box space. It doesn't matter how many trades it sells, comic shop owners aren't going to order a book they can't move. Marvel is basically killing comic shops by putting out such shit books.

What I don't get is that: they want to be part of some crusade.
For what?
The left is the best spot it has been in since the 60s, no one really has the magnitude to stop anything they're doing anymore because they'll throw a media storm hissyfit. What's so bad that they always have to be in some movement or whatever? Thanks to mob rule, most of the US is liberal and anyone with a differing opinion is either silenced or trivialized. (Places with conservative majorities do this, too. But I am not aware of their methods or attitudes as I haven't experienced it first hand)
What do they want to accomplish with all these social movements?

Fascism

Why do you feel the need to use the name field?

I am Liberal, and that's probably the problem. Like with GamerGate, when nothing was happening, we didn't really have a direction. People WANT a direction, they WANT a fight they can work towards. But right now, what big fight is left? Nothing that can be fixed easily, and no one wants to spend time thinking about a nuanced problem.

So people want to see some big made up social injustice and rail against it. Today it's some hack writer from some shit book they never read got "harassed" and everything has to STOP! It's a simple problem, with an "obvious solution" as nonsensical as it seems. It's empty activism with no effort that provides that "good feeling" from doing something, even if it's actually pointless.

Right and Left methods are actually pretty much the same, once you get to the crazy people. Even when people are like "Think of the children!" on the left, it's the exact same shit the right did decades ago. Simple tactics to make people ignore opposing opinions and focus only on their narrative.

tipper gore did the censorship of music clintion did it with games with thomson who is registered democrat but the religious right backed him but religious evangelicals were always retards

its not simply left or right in solid lines

twitter.com/DavidFutrelle/status/792037459911737345

manboobs

the comics code was done by a sociologist authoritarians often try to control media

That's a big part of authoritianism

They want the dogs and the hose turned on them so they can post how they fought for "our" rights.

I talked (tweeted) to a few of the people who were #StandWithChelseaCain and one of them said that they were happy about Mockingbird, despite the fact she never heard of the character herself and was glad that women were in comics or superhero comics. So I mentioned a few female comics (Some American and some Japanese) and she said that they didn't count. Now she claims that she has friends who work in the comic book industry, however one of the few comic book heroines that I mentioned was Black Widow. And she said that didn't count. So I pretty much pointed out to her that she wanted to read the comic because of identity politics. Then she started mentioning how she was a illustrator sample of her art posted in spoiler (as am I but I didn't mention it) and how busy she was, etc. Then I mentioned that story was more important than agenda, which caused her to flip and talk about how if a woman and "POC" have to write a excellent book, but white males can write mediocre things and be ok. At that time I realized that they are caught up in there narrative and will not change anything. They just want to be in social movements because they want to BELIEVE that they are fighting for the right cause, despite there is no cause to fight for.

TL;DR They want to achieve their empty narcissistic narrative to fulfill their empty lives.

Pretty much

Its the same hit now like in the 70's

My friend is from argentina told me how the bunch of the terrorists who got the Junta to go nutshit there were all privileged rich kids or bodyguards for rich people who started a conspiracy to assassinate people frame innocent people & relatives bombed hospitals killed old people in front of their children in the name of "armed struggle"

The Junta went nutshit Tortured & killed people innocent or guilty years later the same babby killers either go into exile or come back to cry over how the right wing oppressed them when they were the ones who smacked a fucking bear by terrorizing people which got deathsquads formed into response to them.

No. The Comics Code was created by DC and Archie to kill off EC Comics. Fredric Wertham had no input on it.

You really need to learn how commas work.

And they fucking got away with it.

My point stands none the less

This is what it usually is as well. It is privileged rich kids who just want to "feel" like they are doing something righteous. But when the opposition pushes back, they start crying and shutting the fuck up. Great example is what happened in North Carolina. When the National Guards came out, they got real quiet. When that curfew popped up, they ran back home.

As soon as Marvel start letting these Tumblr/Patreon privileged artist and writers go,and more shit with Marvel MAX-like products start selling more, they will start shitting themselves and ask why can't they be more masculine in their writing and drawing styles. And even then, they don't have to be all like a MAX comic, just like I posted before, but create a story that makes sense and isn't pozzed with agenda oriented tripe.

I'm sorry what? Has this bitch read anything written by Nick Spencer or Bendis? They're two of the laziest fucks working at Marvel right now. And last I checked Spencer got rightfully shat on for Hydra Cap.

They wanted to Larp like they were El Che & shit

I, too, want to be part of a crusade. Just, you know, for something more important than video games or comics.

I, too, want to be part of a crusade. Just, you know, for something more important than video games or comics.

I was just about to say that I've seen worse artwork, but then I noticed the fuckery going on with ugly seafoam lipstick chick's waist and baby legs.

The faces also have that weird stiffness that tends to only happen when the person is tracing photographs, but I've never heard of whatever this show is so I can't say for sure.

Go reclaim the Holy Land user.

I'll get my gear ready.

Oh it is not a TV show. Just some art gallery thing. This is just was showing an example of her "busy" work. But yeah, it looks very photo copied as well. She has done more work as well, but I can tell she got in via nepotism.

This is pretty fucking off considering BW and Mockingbird are pretty similar to one another and would have a similar knowledge of things like martial arts and espionage skill (only major difference being country of origin, Russia vs USA)

And yet BW doesn't count in her eyes, this sounds like someone who has never seen any of MCU movies with her. considering those would have exposed her more in the public eye than MB (Who is in Agent's of Shield admittedly but would look like the comic version).

*wouldn't look like the comic version.

In the show she has blonde hair and a pair of fighting sticks but thats about it.

It's this way, we all want our name to be Immortalized in some grand struggle. We all want the kids to read about people like us in their text books, have days of the year named after us.
But in their case,they wanna go make up some made up problems instead of combating the real world ones, the ones with any actual danger other than a few mean words on the net.

Why doublepost…

It's been happening elsewere on the site. It happened to me earlier in another thread.

Hope they cancel the other titles to help boost sales too.

Hope they cancel the other titles to help boost sales too.

So, if the rape is retconned…. those that mean Mockingbird lied about being raped coz Hawkeye was mad about the cheating ?

Because that is even more funny (or Problematic™) than the rape trope.

Can I just assume, right off the the bat, that any thread discussing Mockingbird's cancellation would never be allowed on Halfchan, and would be instantly deleted/banned?

Yes and yes, Mr. Trips.

The more I think about it, the more I am amazed that anyone would spend three issues building up to ragging on THIS CHARACTER. A sad, mentally unstable cowboy who became obsessed with a random woman he met, and ended up kidnapping and drugging her just to feel human again. He's a pathetic person when seen in the light of being a rapist, and he's nothing but pitiable if you say this was consensual. It also means that Bobbi used his naive, mentally ill cowboy ass to fulfill some wild west kink and then she killed him when she got bored (which is in line with Cain's portrayal of her as an all around awful person). It's even sadder when you realize he wasn't haunting her all this time because he's a piece of shit, but because he was tricked by her into thinking the relationship meant something and he took advantage of HIM.

If she didn't like that Bobbi was raped, why even bring it up? Why even write the character? Why not make a new one who happens to be called Mockingbird? One who wasn't raped by a fucking cowboy in some retarded time travel story that lasted forever in West Coast Avengers?

I'm also enjoying the fact that people think buying the trades matters. If they cared, they'd go to comic shops and clear the shelves of all the Mockingbird back issues that no one wanted.

But user, men aren't people! They don't have feelings, desires, wants and needs. So who gives a fuck about them!

Bringing up the fact that Mockingbird got raped by the Phantom Rider is way of punching up at rape culture!

This feminist propaganda needs to fucking stop, I don't read cape comics to be preached about how feminism is great and that I'm a horrible person because I was born male.

I read cape comics to get away from all the fucked up shit that's going on in the world right now, but I can't even use fiction as a way to escape now because of these cockroaches and their bullshit identity politics.

Fuck these people are their ilk.

yup

archive.is/NIJNB
archive.is/UABid

.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/59yrlr/twitter_bullshit_marvel_writer_nick_spencer/

jesus this ride

Can they just murder each other?

twitter.com/OpinionessWorld/status/791806844650094592

Oh god

These fucking autistic girls need to go back where they came from.

Yes

Hawkeye did nothing wrong.

At this point, yeah.

Apparently neither did Lincoln Slade.

No

twitter.com/andrewklavan/status/791420667157618689

Oh yeah. Real great role model you've picked out for all those young girls that don't even know who Mockingbird is, let alone care enough to buy a shitty comic that's aimed squarely at middle-aged hipsters who think Wil Wheaton isn't a colossal faggot.

Yep, it's only useful for comparisons, like Devil May Cry collection outselling DMC: Fuck You the week of release all week.

Ok that actually looks really fucking cool. Who is that?

To cement that it wasn't a rape, here are the long lost thought bubbles that were missing from the original story. See how much more empowered this makes Bobbi?

Oh fuck my sides.

I think the one in the 3rd pic is from the xmen.

You guys mean Spiral?

Why are crime writers so based and science fiction and fantasy writers such faggots? Is it because of the genre?

It probably is. Sci-fi especially, since you can just bullshit everything if you play your cards right. Like Eoin Colfer, the dude who wrote Artemis Fowl, he wrote a futuristic sci-fi book where he described an experimental car that could break the sound barrier while running off pure nitrous oxide. Even though nitrous is inert and its main use in racing is to condense the gas-air mixture.

I dropped that book so fucking fast when I got to that part.

Was Artemis Fowl good? I was curious since it looked so different compared to the other YA novels coming out at the time.

Personally, I liked them. Anything outside of that series he wrote, I would recommend avoiding.

And yet these idiot's haven't realized that this SJW/internet crusading doesn't get you into the history books? Even the beta male white knights don't get laid from "women" they "protect" online.

Not seeing any dumbass SJW twitter crony from anti-GG in a future history book that's for sure.

Ahhh, Spiral. Why is she so perfect?

Doesn't she have two faces too, or am I remembering something wrong?

Anyway, woman with that many arms, the sex would be awkward.

does she draw for wikihow?

Is there any image of her from the side showing how those arms are attached? Because her shoulder region must be a clusterfuck of joints.

Some of those images look like she has a normal shoulder joint and then the artist crammed into another 2 arms behind the original joint that only works when viewed from the front.

Plz dony stop.
The Mockingbird discussion is fucking done for, its a shit writer crying wolf and when people tell her to est shit she goes: "see guys? The wolf is real, now take pity on me and buy my shitty product".
Absolutrly disgusting.

Spiral is a qt tho.

She claims she wasn't harassed you stupid fuck

They spun the narrative anyways

No matter what is done SJWs cry so you should just mock them so others see why their such jokes

twitter.com/BoschFawstin/status/792542752135262208

Despite the retards going "HURR DURR OF COURSE", no. There's been plenty of threads about it that the mods actually haven't been trigger happy about.

twitter.com/nsomniasaum/status/792478781696974849

archive.is/IkxRl

Oh lord

COMICS FANS ARE OVER

Wew, didn't he recently get fired from his editor's position for a site because someone accused him of groping her and bragging to his friends about it?
WITH THAT OUT OF THE WAY, LET ME DICTATE WHAT I, THE CISHET WHITEGUY, WANT YOU DIRTY MINORITIES TO DO!
These people are so fucking full of themselves.

I don't see what the problem is with this statemen–
Oh, don't you fucking pull the "YOU'RE ALL GUILTY" shit, Mr. "Cishet Whiteguy."

Christ, the projection is strong with this one.

Kotaku everyone.
They are more bloated and hollow than actual strawmen

Yeah, of course Shittaku has to butt in on this.

They actually did it. Comic book "media" is so desperate for attention that they are manufacturing carbon copy of the gamergate. This is beyond pathetic.

He 'quit' and decided to stay away from public eye and do some soul searching. Apparently 2 weeks was enough.

archive.is/i5DW8

Anybody want to read a news story about this that won't piss them off?

heatst.com/culture-wars/media-created-false-narrative-about-harassment-of-comic-book-writer-chelsea-cain/
archive.is/1GTiN

I do love the fact that the writer doesn't even need to claim harassment, and the "journalists" will jump on it anyway. They're literally being offended for her.

I suffered though all 8 issues of the book, tried to give it a fair shake even. But it's just not good. Even if I loved FEMINISM, Bobbi isn't portrayed as anyone worth looking up to. She beats people up sometimes. Her best quality is, what? That she's sexually liberated and dominant? But she's not witty or interesting to back that up, she does nothing that's though provoking, and the story pretends to have layers, but none of the layers MATTER. Bobbi isn't as useless as Patsy Walker, but she's just as dull. But, even after all of that, I have to give Cain credit for not crying harassment for attention. But tons of people did it for her.

Wake me when Kate Niemczyk gets another gig though. Her layouts are a little dull, but her style is pleasing. I'd like to see what she can do with a writer that would actually write some sort of fight scene or action.

So Cain didn't cry harassment but the journalist did? Thats interesting, judging by all the feminist crap in the Mockingbird books I thought Cain would've been the typical feminist cry bully.

Are they still around?

Shes fucking nuts just said twitter is bad which is true then fucked off

Jewnivision bought them after Gawker lost court battle with Hulk.

She has tumblr and deviantart pages where she posts her drawings. She is a biodrone, so it's mostly ME and DA fanart, with some Witcher and comic book stuff here and there.

I see, thanks for the info.

God damn that art is hot user. Maybe there is some hope left for Marvel.

These drawings are from before she was hired by Marvel. Soon after she got the job, her cheesecakey stuff appears to have vanished from tumblr, leaving only beefcake and fanart. Some of them are still on deviant art, but she was much more active on tumblr (which is now reduced only to 5 pages).

I wonder if that was her decision or Marvel's.

Well thats a shame. Kind of reminds me of Adam Hughes a bit with her face work.

Awkward but very interesting, I'm sure. Dat multi-arm back support.

I just cannot get over the fact that she thought being a victim of rape devalued Mockingbird as a character, but being a lying, cheating whore doesn't.

What the fuck is wrong with her? Cheating on your spouse is one of the most vile and disgusting things a person can do. How the fuck can someone think that's a preferable alternative for a character?

It's a double win for them, user. Not only erases Problematic™ rape (because if we ban rapes in fiction, reality will follow suit), but now they can acuse of misogy and trivializing rape to those who point that she lied of being raped to cover her whoreness?

"It's retarded", you say? Of course, these people have no self-awareness nor they think beyond their agenda.

I'm much more concerned that she was retconned into using a mentally ill cowboy from the 1800s for her own sexual satisfaction, and then murdered him when she was done. I mean, even if you didn't like the rape story, it arguably justifies her letting Lincoln fall to his death. But if it's just an affair… holy shit, bitch! That guy honestly though you were into him and was clearly troubled.

Even weirder since I did a little digging on her novel work to see how her book fair and found this:

amazon.com/One-Kick-Lannigan-Novel/dp/1476749876#customerReviews

Apparently rape is only okay to write about when she does it.

Hence why I said they don't think outside their hugbox. It also proves she didnt read the original. She probably read in the wikipedia what happened.

You read those issues and you can see that guy want right. The rape adds to his instability and sort of legitimize his villainy. But if it you took him abusing her? It makes clear SHE was the one abusing a mentally ill guy.

But again, if we learned something of Law&Order SVU and Amy Schumer is that only men can take advantage of weak women, not the other way

What gets me is that it also underlines how shit Marvel's editorial has become. Nobody took a moment to consider how rewriting a character's rape and subsequent revenge into a petty affair and murder reflects poorly on the character. That is the kind of shit that would probably make Mark Gruenwald rise out of his grave.

Maybe Mockingbird's rape didn't fall into Cain's much more brutal rape fantasies, so she wanted it gone. I mean, even in the original story, I don't think Lincoln did anything abusive to Bobbi (before trying to kill her), he just drugged her and tricked her into a relationship (because he was unhinged by actual ghosts and shit). So she saw this rape through deception and though "that's not nearly fucked up enough to worth my, er, Bobbi's time!"

I also like the description of how people describe this Kick character as SAYING she's badass as all fuck, but actually ends up relying on others at every turn. I wonder why these so called "feminist" characters end up like that.

Oh, if Mark could come back and pass judgement on the current Marvel writing staff, it would be glorious.

The moment i realized Marvel went to shit was around Secret Invasion. Not because it was a shitty event but because i was reading 80s issues and took notice: Daredevil was in a bar and the tv had on live an X-Men fight against a villain, exactly what was happening in that mpnth's issue. Or in every Manhattan based comic was snowing on summer because of Thor shenanigans that month.

On 2008 Marvel? While Skrulls were invading some comics were narrating events both before AND after the main event, because no one told the writers to set things on the present or take issue on everyone being on the event's pace.

Now is the same: currently Civil War 2 but we know most of what happen next

It's a weird fixation of feminist fantasies: the actions happens THROUGH them, not TO them. It's like watching a film through the eyes of a secondary character.

Maybe because they dont want to hurt their self insert… or dont want the "fans" reaction to stuff happening to the characters

Basically the protagonist is an idealized self-insert and see themselves as them, ergo they want no negative input in their life

You lasted, slightly, longer than I did. Civil War 1 was what made me pretty much turn my back on most of Marvel. They hyped it up as "this is totally going to make sense as to why they'd fight over this" and everyone was just presented as fucking idiot. And yeah, lack of editorial direction is horrible during all these events. You couldn't figure out exactly what the Registration Act actually entailed until sometime after CW1 ended. If all the writers are going to do whatever the fuck they want anyway, why even share a universe? No one is making sure characters or timelines are consistent. Hell, Bendis is writing like 5 books right now, and there are still times I question how one title's timeline makes sense with the others.

That's the problem.

I truly believe near-bankruptcy was the best moment in creativity Marvel has had in decades. At least they tried new and interesting (key word here) ideas. Now they are fat and comfortable and only try the stupid shit.

Of fucking course she's a tumblr artist. Art that is technically nice and works great as a pin up and while each individual panel looks nice, as a whole page it is dull and stiff.

Get what you pay for, I guess, and it's obvious Marvel's not willing to pay a dime.

Does Marvel still like to pretend he's the "Patron Saint of Marvel" or have they dispensed with the niceities and consigned him into being forgotten with all the other crummy old white men like Roy Thomas and Roger Stern?

Roger Stern still works for them occasionally

Noice.

I don't think Stern's written anything for them since Captain America Corps which was 2011.

Now I want to see Gruenwald as the Celestial Arsheim.

Or maybe Gruenwald, Thomas and Stern as The Living Tribunal.

Back in the 80s Marvel had events where a minor book where the characters who were in no way important to the overall plot of the event had the event's events spark meaningful development.

Wow.

If you asked about them, wouldn't that count as solicitation?

'Unsolicited Opinions on Israel' should probably be in parentheses

I wish I had a blog about comics so I could spread word of Cain's fucked-up fantasies.

Well, you can start your own blogspot page if you want.

She's probably never going to write another comic again, so there is no real point. Hell, if she brought her fucked up A-game to a book, at least it wouldn't be as fucking boring as Mockingbird was. For being a "badass spy" she sure didn't do much of anything all that exciting.

twitter.com/pvponline/status/793190234024390656
archive.is/c5OLf

Semi relevant to butthurt feminist fags

Fucking pimp

Big talk, from someone who has lewd art from Cho of one of his webcomic characters hanging on his wall. I guess it's only okay when it's to his benefit.

I was reading the other tweets in response. Some based people calling this guy out and others agreeing with the pussy whipped SJW.

It's funny, considering that Kurtz used to be the guy who complained about "old men" holding back the medium by complaining about tits and ass. Now here he is, complaining about tits and ass.

You either die a hero

twitter.com/pvponline/status/793189802027782144

seriously

>HOW DARE YOU MAKE MONEY FROM ANIME TIDDIES?
Hey, Scott, if there wasn't a demand, he wouldn't be making money off it.

I bet it would be easy to make him go full meltdown right now.

A lot of the SJWs pissed about it also still think Cain was "harassed" off twitter, despite she saying she just left because she was annoyed.

Also there is a Mary Sue article about it:
archive.is/8uEWc
The writer comes off as really livid, and especially preachy.

ABSOLUTE MADMEN!

It's an entertaining read, full of impotent rage. SJWs couldn't do shit about the convention because it was in Italy.

Yes, annoyed. Annoyed at those damn dirty misogynerds harassing her for daring to write a funny, powerful female-centric comic!

I like how Wil Wheton considers him too toxic

their logic is literally rape.
"doctor I got raped"
"don't wear slutty clothing"

I'm guessing these SJW's are American? Do the Europeans have to deal with this trite?

Unfortunately the European SJWs seem to believe that every country is America and act accordingly.

I can only hope they are laughing at all the nuclear amounts of butthurt they have caused.

Oh shit that sucks.

Never was so much sand in so many vaginas.

I wish more people would do stuff like this. It might genuinely drive these people out of the hobby.

Nah, it would just give them the excuse to bitch some more. That's really the only thing they care about.

you'd be surprised. When people show they don't care these people usually fizzle out. It would require a majority of them to do this though, not two or three actual talents vs an industry full of Erica Henderson tier artists.

No they might legit fuck off cus it will show they don't got power

They don't give a shit for comics or the fandom stop thinking passively

That implies these people are IN the hobby. Selling trades of Mockingbird after the series is over proves that these people didn't go to shops at all when the book was alive. They just want to have something to rail against, and ever since the religious right lost all power, the regressive left has been the vehicle for this moral policing. But someone is always going to be "thinking of the children" or fighting "offensive art".

Are there any neutral "comics news" sites? It doesn't seem like much of a news field, as everything is in previews anyway, or you're just doing a review or editorial. I'm surprised you guys haven't started a site yet.

We should one thing people did to phase gawker out is push competitors

If there was a bigger pool of artists willing to do this these people would move on because they'd realize they were just making it worse with their bitching. It's why you really don't see them go after to many japanese games or animes any more. They realize they aren't getting through and when they keep bitching they often just end up more triggered.

Yeah, but it's the writers who are in power these days, and they're the ones more likely to bend over for the moral outrage police. Most of the older artists have already gone independent or only do covers now anyway. There will always be just enough artists who agree with this shit or simply want to get paid/draw characters they love that it's impossible just to say "everyone rebel!".

I guess the thing that would be hard about starting something here is at least a few asshats would want to make "alt-right comic news" instead of just something simple, clean and neutral. I don't want to read stories about how Nick Spencer is a prick, I know he's a prick. I want stories about how the comics he writes are heavily flawed and make it hard for you to enjoy even the parts that should be good.

Not really if you let someone not pol while not pozzed doing it fuck I write for sites like Supernerdland for example

Most of Europe doesn't care. In Poland they are a laughing stock for the most part, although government's recent antics lend some validity to their bitching. It appears to be similar in other Slavic countries, Hungary, and Austria.

As far as I know, the only countries that truly have problems with SJWs are UK, Sweden, and Germany. Ones in Sweden and Germany are also not as anti-sex as UK, American, and Canadian SJWs.

Among the big ones, Bleeding Cool is the most neutral. Unlike all others, they didn't condemn Cho, were much more lenient on Manara than others, and even posted pictures of that bodypainted model that demonstrated Manara's cover to be anatomically correct.
Other than that, even decent sites and blogs feature at least a little bit of hardcore progressive rhetoric and praise crap like Rat Queens for some reason.

kek

Dare I ask?

behead those who insult Cho and/or Manara.

Rat Queens is a fantasy book starring an all-female cast except it's essentially modern sitcom trash in a D&D setting full of drunken, drugged out sluts, atheist paladins, etc. The best description I've seen of it is that it's a D&D campaign as written by That Guy.

The artist (who was actually good) got kicked off the book after getting arrested for slapping his wife which happened because his wife was a fucking lunatic bitch who'd regularly start shit and try to goad him into physical fights so she could be a victim.

Cause what we really need in this industry is more art by the people who do Squirrel Girl or Hellcat. More CalArts shit. That's what we need.

They'd burn out eventually. They do this stuff for attention. If you demonstrate to them that nobody gives a fuck what they think eventually they slink off to their little corners to seethe in impotent rage.

So, yeah. I'm all for pissing them off.

It's simple: we kill the Batman have Frank Cho do Manara Pose covers for every comic ever until they stop whining.

Brilliant. Hilarious. Sexy.

Did the artist of Bleach actually draw that?

Lol good one user.

I'm surprised there's no tracer one. You can take advantage of her booty.

The Bleach one is indeed real, I've got the 17th volume in my hands right now and it predates Manara's Spider Woman variant cover by at least half a decade.

Damn didn't know that.

Reminds me of that Buzzfeed video that shows a bunch of fucking landwhales 'proving' poses like the Manara cover to be anatomically incorrect just because they're too fucking fat to move their bodies.

They trailed off badly towards the end. Avoid anything with the demons in them, they broke the setting over an ironing board for sheer overpoweredness.

bump