If you were rich and wanted to live the island lifestyle, where would you go

if you were rich and wanted to live the island lifestyle, where would you go.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federated_States_of_Micronesia
consumerist.com/2013/11/19/cruise-lines-hiding-true-overboard-numbers-from-public/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Australia

Maldives

what the fuck there's a ton of crime in moldova

North Sentinel Island

Stroma

Adelaide Island, Antarctica. Good luck!

Philippines

That's a terrible idea, come back after the cleansing.

isn't it a muslim country?.
i'd like to have beer and bacon too and not get my head chopped off on occasions

i'v heard they're FULL

Cayman Brac is my favorite island, great island, world-class diving and it's the Caymans.
Grand Turk and Dominica are honorable mentions. Grand Turk has great beaches, great diving and it's really quiet. Dominica has ok diving and a great rainforest/waterfalls but there are more black people (overall pretty nice though and non-violent).
Nothing else in the caribbean is really worth mentioning. Indonesia has some great diving but not as nice amenities. Australia sucks. Galapagos are cool to visit but you can't really stay there. Hawaii isn't that great. Ibiza is cool if you're into that but I wouldn't want to live there. Maldives and Fuji are the two places I want to visit but haven't been to yet.

Jim said it's cheap to live there. Also cheap lolis. You only get cheaper on Haiti and you need more contacts to buy them there.

"Maldives" =/="Moldova". Also known as Falkland Islands, they are a english-speaking archipelago near Argentina that belongs to the UK.

i'm not a pedo, i don't have a jungle gook fever and the country is actually full of crime.

That's lot of bullshit. That's not Falklands altough Falklands would be nice. Maldives is on South Asia and Haitian lolis are cheaper(If you don't mind them being niggers)

how's Criminality in Cayman?.
as in Turk and Caicos?, it has a high crime rate

I tought Clinton Foundation had a monopoly on Haiti. If you have any contacts please send them to me at [email protected]/* */ I can spend up to 25 grand from my savings right now. Will that be enough? I really want to a add a nigger little girl to my collection.

In both archipelagos what crime there is is on the bigger islands, both islands I named are smaller ones that are mostly dive destinations.

Brac means rock, it's a pretty small island, there are some haitians on the island but they're pretty much throughout the caribbean.
Grand Turk is teeny-tiny, as in you can bike around the whole thing in an afternoon. It was the capital because the shape of it lent itself well to salt and sugar I think but the only "crime" is when someone is brought to the island to be prosecuted and then flown out.

Maldives is the plural form of Moldova; moron.

I wouldn't. Most Island countries are in hurricane zones are are always bombarded with thunderstorms year around. Its nothing like the post cards. I'd rather get a house in some temperate New England town or somewhere along the Mediterranean in Europe

Hurricanes are cool as long as you're not in a shack.

Hurricanes bring large waves
Large waves bring flash flooding
You're on an island, the tide is going to come in, you're fucked. You know why most people live in shacks out there? Its not necessarily because they're poor, its because any kind of permanent housing is impractical because they'd need to be constantly rebuilt

First choice, abandoned or privately owned oil platform. Second choice, Ascension island. Good luck with either.

As long as I was rich, I'd buy my own island.

New Orleans was below sea level. I'm not convinced you've spent much time on islands. Tropical islands that get a lot of rain evolve with plants that suck up tons of water really fast (ie rainforests) so where erosion occurs mostly has to do with people trying to keep land clear.
There are also places on islands where the elevation is higher (ie hills) that people build houses on so water doesn't get to your house.

Don't be ridiculous, shit still gets fucked up in typhoon-prone zones due to shit like deforestation or zero flood protection.
Also, enjoy your landslides.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federated_States_of_Micronesia

But now you're moving the goalposts because hurricanes and typhoons are different things and happen in different places.

We're talking about tropical islands fuckboy, that's where typhoons typically happen.

Oh really I thought we were talking about hurricanes since said "hurricanes" and all.

The thread's topic is tropical islands and you brought up tropical islands, don't play dumb.

Well there are plenty of tropical islands to choose from that are in hurricane zones and not typhoon zones (the whole caribbean). I've lived through dozens of hurricanes and I'm aware that with proper building, placement and land management it's absolutely fine even in severe storms.
I've never seen asians cities in a typhoon so I have no idea what they might do differently so the two are not interchangeable to my point.

Typhoons and Hurricanes are both the same exact thing you fucking idiots. They're both large tropical cyclones. The only difference is location. If its on the South Wast Coast or the Atlantic we call the hurricanes, but if they're in the western Pacific we call the typhoons. Both are large tropical cyclones. they are the same phenomenons with the same level of danger. The only differences are in name and location

In fact the largest tropical cyclone was Typhoon Tip so you can even say Typhoons are worse than hurricanes, but that would be a misnomer since they are both the same fucking thing

Fucking retards I swear to fucking God

I live by the sea. You take it for granted after a while, especially if you're not one for going into the water and rolling the dice that you'll be stung by a jellyfish or bitten by a shark.

In terms of island life, part and parcel of that is living among mud people. It doesn't matter if you live in a rich neighborhood; you'll still have to interact with mud people when you go into town to shop or dine.

Islands can be exciting to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. If I were rich I would buy an estate in the middle of nowhere in the Midwest or New England.

You could read the thread instead of being obnoxious

I already knew that. Why was Sandy called a "superstorm" though? What are the qualifiers for that? Before Sandy, I had never heard the term used.

Was Typhoon Tip bigger than Hurricane Sandy? If so, did it receive the superstorm designation as well?

Tip was bigger than Sandy. The term "Superstorm" was just a buzzword coined by The Weather Channel and is not an official designation by the National Weather Service or any other Nationalized authority on weather. Sandy started life as a tropical depression which evolved into a hurricane before devolving into a large pacific storm before touching down in New York. The reason we no longer considered it a hurricane was because the pressure system inside the storm was not low enough to form a cyclone.

I think they both have the same quantitative-based rating system (tropical storm the categories based on stormsurge and wind wmph) and superstorm more has to do with the damage it caused in dollars. It was mostly a big deal because it hit the northeast where everything happens.

*Atlantic storm, sorry, I live on the west coast, force of habit.

Faggot

nigger pls

don't give a damn about how people look like as long as they behave correctly

Bermuda, so I could dress like this without looking unusual

SEALAND

thats not an island

That's the thing, they don't behave correctly. You are volunteering to be served by people who hate you by living among them.

All the cruise lines employ mostly cheap mud labor, and it never fails that people fall ill with food poisoning on cruises, because the kitchen staff is all mud people and they are either sinister or purposely unsanitary.

Is too.

either rteard or troll

mhm who's that fine ass black man?

Japan

Aside from the regular outbreaks of disease, people go "missing" from cruises every year.

consumerist.com/2013/11/19/cruise-lines-hiding-true-overboard-numbers-from-public/

An island completely uninhabited by man. Just let me die in peace from an nasty infection.

fuck no!
wittu piggu go homu!!!!

I used to want to live in Japan, until Fukushima happened.

As though their population decline wasn't bad enough for them, now they are slowly dying from the fallout.

It's very sad what happened. Anime will die in our lifetime because there won't be anyone left to draw it.

I'd move to Jamaica or the Caribbeans.

I would move to thailand and build a temple for young boys

That's wrong retard.

Anime is from China

if i was rich and wanted to live on an island, id buy an island

newzealandnow.govt.nz

hah! I was just going to say New Zealand in the North around Cable Bay. Fuck, it's nice up there in summer

I used to want to live in Russia, until Chernobyl happened.

As though their population decline wasn't bad enough for them, now they are slowly dying from the fallout.

It's very sad what happened.Borscht will die in our lifetime because there won't be anyone left to make it.

Fukushima was like Chernobyl times 1000, and millions of people did actually die from Chernobyl-related illness, but the fact was suppressed by the government/media. Just like they are doing now.

isnt all land just like islasnd cuz they be in the ocen and shiet

t. coal lobby