Strong protagonists

Who do you think are among the best protagonists in comics and cartoons? Strong in the narrative sense, mind you, not some power-level bullshit.

I'm looking a good source for taking inspirations, but in my humble opinion, the Spectacular version of Spider-man is a good example. So is Aang, from the Last Airbender.

Thoughts?

Those are terrible and weak protagonists for beta males to get attached to. Let me guess you think Ron Stoppable from Kimpossible is the tops? Frankly it's become very much politically incorrect for truly strong protagonists to prosper. Think the last time I saw one was Goliath from Gargoyles, a leader who knew his shit and how to direct his subordinates. That plus he wasn't some beta fag who still held feelings for his bitch ex-girlfriend. Demona turned into a cunt mass murderer? Goliath was happy to drop her for the human chick.

Peter Parker (Spiderman) has always been a pussy whipped idiot who lives for pussy (Mary Jane mostly) and how his life is wrecked by romance melodrama just doesn't help. And Aang is the worst type of protagonist for a war story, a pacifist. Those always get annoying and preachy and obnoxious. Not to mention that the stupid fucks in charge of Avatar thought it appropriate to demonize Jet for daring to behave like how an actual young man would behave during a WORLD WAR (him wanting to kill off the bastards who murdered his family and fight to the death).

Oh, I always liked Goliath! Thanks for reminding me!
But, is only that I sometimes don't think a Stoic character is good. Sometimes.

The job of the Avatar is to maintain balance, both in the physical and spirit world, in a sort of Mordenkainen true neutral-esque way. They are suppose to see past simple retribution. Aang is a sort of shitty Avatar but that's the entire point to the series he's suppose to unfuck himself and then unfuck the world he let down. And he's not simply a one off pacifist but rather he comes from a whole culture of pacifist that got genocided down the last child, save himself. He has a lot riding on his shoulders.
I fucking hate Peter Parker though.

Would you care to explain why? I loved him as a kid, and I still think he's a great protagonist today.

Not him, but comic! Peter is so inconsistent, and the writers can't relate to the common people, so Peter come across as a "loser protagonist"

I personally like Spectacular Peter, who feels the more real out of all. Also, fun fact, the Lat Dub gave him a voice similar to the movies, which you may found odd, but it gave him a more unique voice, which is always good. (compared with Ultimate S. which is trying too hard to sound "hip")

Why ?

Gee user, why would you do that?

Actually user, this particular image board we're posting in is for western cartoons

If you hadn't mentioned Goliath I would've taken you for a 12yo.

A good protagonist is believable, endearing, entertaining to watch, doesn't break out of character making understandable choices according to his personality and makes a well paced and based, believable progress to new aspects and characteristics if they happen regardless of what personality the author gave to him.

Lord Dominator was a bad villain.

Trips confirm.
But its also subjective to people's taste as well. I really like the new Voltron while a lot of people dismiss it as trash.

She's a good character but is very unlikable. Likely because if you've been watching WoY you more than surely have found an appreciation for positiveness that makes her look like an edgy teen. The ending pretty much confirms this demonstrating how solid she was.

i was just checking his trips

Welcome to nchan

Voltron was OK I believe, the problem is the public.
With binge watching people now have no patience and want characters to develop every three episodes and a plot that thickens mid season.
I believe its to early to judge.
Kinda like KND which didn't even started shit until the last episodes of season 4 but had glimpses of the world and character backgrounds since the end of season 1.

Meant to

Meh

This
Yeah, Voltron was ok if you consider there's only 13 episodes yet.

Agree with you on Peter Parker but I always liked Zuko over Aang. Don't get me wrong I like Aang but I thought Zuko was so fascinating as a character. He's a prick but you see the background he came from and how he finally stands up for himself its all so beautiful.

I like Spiderman but the writing has been getting all wonky over the years with his character and One More Day killed it for most Spiderman fans. I do like Renew your vows though.

I guess some protagonists I like are Superman and Captain America in DCAU and AEMH. Both are good leaders who are genuinely good people.
For comics I like Nightcrawler and Wolverine from the Xmen.

I agree, and it's pretty hard not to like him. Zuko is definitely the most well fleshed out character, and you can really see and feel the changes that he goes through in the series. From the beginning to the end, you see all sorts of stuff from his past, or things coming back from his past, and how it all fluidly falls into place to make his story.
Especially nearer to the end, where you start to see a shift away from Aang and you look more at all the other characters in the story, Zuko especially.
Not to mention that with Aang, even though you see a lot of character development from beginning to end, he's still mostly locked into place on some vectors, like morality for instance, because of how he was raised (also because main protagonist).
With Zuko, there were no preconcieved mental borders and his story was more open, so everything was fair game. Thus you see him develop in a much more real and relatable way, and you'll see him change his mind and worldview in such a poetically erratic and strange way, much like many people would put in his shoes.

Everyone in that show was just amazing, but Zuko is undeniably the most interesting part of the story.

I've always like Nightwing. Dude takes the best of Batman, and combines it with the lovability and aloofness of Robin.

That and I too have a weakness for redheads.

But Nightwing isn't a redhead.

I think Barbara and Starfire are the redheads being referred too.

She was a really entertaining villain.
It'd be nice if she gets some redemption, but doesn't instantly befriend the main cast and just move on to a profession or hobby that wasn't harmful.

oh ok then. my bad.

In b4 Damien Wayne.

Actually, am I the only one who was hoping that Dick & Damien became the new Nightwing/ Flamebird team?

Shit I meant to respond to

Oh fuck i meant to reply to

Home, you are user. Go Drunk.

Why do 3 and 4 look like men in a drag?

Ms. Tree and Modesty Blaise are pretty much female bruisers.

Tree is stated to be a bit mannish, hell, her name is Michael. She's explicitly an expie of Velda, Mike Hammer's secretary, a six foot, stacked, amazon.

And Modesty is a refugee who walked across the deserts of the Middle East as a child until the soles of her feet were like teak. She can kick through an oak door or stave in a man's head with her feet. She's always described as quite feminine, to the point that one of her lovers would pretend not to have a light just so he could watch how she lights a cigarette. But I think she had to work at it, like a drag queen, having been practically a feral child.

It'd be nice if she sucked my dick

are those the avengers from the British spy show?

The woman is Modesty Blaise.

oh ok then. They remind me of the British Avengers show.

Modesty Blaise and Willie Garvin.
They come from the same 60's spy tradition as The Avengers, but a bit grittier, more like the Bond novels or the Eiger Sanction.

There was a movie that got EVERYTHING wrong, but Willie was played by Terence Stamp, yes, ZOD!
There was also an 80's TV pilot, and Tarantino produced a prequel so he could hang on to the rights.

TFA Optimus Prime was such an endearing character, gets shit on by everyone but keeps on going and is brave to the point of stupidity sometimes