Good comics we don't talk about

Well, we've seen a plethora of horrible fucking shit this year, now let's refresh our palates with some good comic recommendations we never see here.
I'll kick off.

Other urls found in this thread:

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/
mightygodking.com/al-rashad/
ne.gd-tangent.com/
lvlup.gd-tangent.com/
8ch.net/co/res/722505.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Classic 80s Power Pack.

Pick one.

Did I say capeshit, you stupid cumdumpster?

smuganimegirl.gif

And furthermore, you are a double cockmaster for crying without posting any good comics, you, you… JIM SHOOTER!

Are you saying that none of the comics you implicitly categorized as good by posting their covers are capeshit?

I'm saying that you are a massive wet fart, a cuckknocker, and a burden to society.

That was someone else. You're replying to my first post in the thread.

I don't agree with but your reaction to it doesn't make any sense.

And pretty much every 2000AD strip that ain't Dredd

I don't have to make sense, I am a smug anime girl.

Kingdom Come
Godzilla in Hell
Early Ultimate Spiderman

Requiem Vampire Knight.

What's that first image from?

Mike Kazaleh's "The Adventures Of Captain Jack". Good luck finding it, as Pirates Of The Caribbean and Torchwood, not to mention the German eurodance group, have rendered it virtually ungoogleable.

My dad used to buy Badger back when First was publishing it. I always liked that series. Well-drawn, well-written, light-hearted vigilantism.
Plus the Clonezone the Hilariator backup strips!

Oh, fuck. Grendel in most of its incarnations is one of my all-time favorite comics, and I loved Minimum Wage, too.

Badger and Nexus were so fucking amazing dude. It's great that they decided to collect Nexus in those neat omnibuses. Worth every penny if you ask me.

Astro City (aka Capeshit done right)
Locke and Key (Great mix of supernatural horror and character driven drama)
King City and Multiple Warheads by Brandon Graham (what Scott Pilgrim wanted to be, mixed with a touch of Moebius-styled surrealism)
Skullkickers (what Rat Queens wished it could be half as good as, minus the feminist agenda and god awful characters)

I'll admit I found this hard to get into due to all the mental shit. Granted I dropped it after maybe 2 issues should I try to pick it up again?

What is the second one, because I image searched it and got Love & Rockets, which looks like it has nothing to do with that image.

It's Love & Rockets, alright.
See, not a lot of people know this, but Hoppers 13, the story about the two cute dykes who used to be in a punk band? Yeah, it takes place in a world with superheroes, aliens, magic, all kinds of fantasy and science fiction elements. We just don't see them much.

Speaking of Love and Rockets, the first issue of a new ongoing started this week

East of West
I've been having fun with this one.

fuck off

fuck off.
Watchmen
All Star Superman
TDKR
Uncanny X-Force
I can go on

typical convoluted Hickman, I'm liking it too.
I'm also really liking Manhattan projects at the minute too

Pre-code EC, of course.

Even if the "preachies" were the precursor to what modern Marvel is doing, at least there was actual talent behind them. And they were setting out to be "preachy", not hijacking cape stories.

Which comic is that fifth image? I've read it but dammit all if I can't remember it.

Which comic is that fifth image? I've read it but dammit all if I can't remember it.

That's Nexus, by Mike Baron and Steve Rude.

So, are you suggesting that I set Google to exclude results from Tumblr when I conduct an image search, or do you propose that I alter the filenames so as to avoid offending your sensibilities, or aesthetic, or whatever the fuck it is you're crying about?

The Goon
Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Lobster Johnson and other Mignolaverse stories
Chew
Witch Doctor
Cerebus
The Umbrella Academy (third volume is apparently being drawn)
Human Target
Thorgal

It looks very interesting, and apparently first issues are free on creators' site.
I don't understand why Rat Queens got so popular when superior alternatives like this exist.

I've been reading since image picked it up, the last trade just came out and it wraps up the main storyline nicely, leaving the ending open. The setting is neat and even though it drug on a bit and turned into monster of the week tripe for a while, they gave it a satisfying ending.

This gets talked about here all the time, storytimes on here are the reason I started reading it.

I stopped reading when it got to the point where a Margret Thatcher stand in was talking for pages at a time. from what I read it seemed to peak during Church and State I&II.

fuck off

either is acceptable

Yeah, no.

There's actually been a lot of great fantasy comics that absolutely skullfuck Rat Queens in terms of overall quality. Rat Queens failed to achieve any kind of meaningful success, even though all the major comic sites were shilling for it.

Just like everything else SJW journos hype too much, it was a loud of sound and fury signifying nothing. They didn't manage to boost sales and since the creative team behind it puts out one issue every 4-6 months, they've been hovering deep in the "this shit is gonna be canceled" range for a long time now.

Do you mind listing a few? I know of some of older stuff like Cerebus, Red Sonya, Conan, Thorgal, Elfquest, and Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser. As far as new stuff goes, I am only aware of Skullkickers, Head Lopper, and Orc Stain.

I don't know about that. Each TPB topped diamond sales charts when it was released. There were even news of the Rat Queens cartoon in the works. Besides, can Image even cancel a creator owned book? I know that it is on hiatus due to friction between comics' writer and Fowler.

what

I'm not , but I'll give my suggestions.

Ghita of Alizarr
Den
Slaine
Prince Valiant, the old Hal Foster run.
Poison Elves (Man, somebody should storytime Poison Elves on the Edgy thread)
Berzerk
Vinland Saga
The Courageous Princess
Groo The Wanderer
Usagi Yojimbo
Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld
Dragonhurtor
Shugga
Arzach

Unsounded
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/

Al'Rashad
mightygodking.com/al-rashad/

Gold Digger: Tangent
ne.gd-tangent.com/
lvlup.gd-tangent.com/

Hey gais, which do you reckon is the worse SJW-crawl, Rat Queens or Orcs VS Feminism?

Thank you, user.

Orcs vs. Feminism, if only because you're reading about a man's slow descent into madness.

Is that Adam Warren?

That looks incredible. Is it any good?

Yep, that's Live Wires, and it's as fast-moving and insanely apocalyptic as anything else he's done. He also drew a lot of it uncredited.

It's considered a classic. A revival of an obscure golden age hero, a big game hunter turned vigilante, as a sort of Taskmaster/Deathstroke master of all weapons, hunted/being hunted by an army of ninja clones of himself, that he trained.
Powerful storytelling, and unusual in American superhero stories in that it has a beginning, a middle, and an end.

Everybody always forgets about the warhammer comics…

I've been looking for this one comic book I saw at a book store like 10 years ago.
It was all black and white, the "protagonist" hero didn't speak at all, he was all black, but with a set of white hair sticking out and wrapping on his forearms. Think Black Suit on Spidey with Starlord's hair.
The book itself contained 3-4 stories all involving the hero. I remember one was about a priest who abused children and turned them into an amorphous blob of human liquid. Another was about a (black?) boy wishing for a puppy and the hero turns a clay puppy into a real dog, but the dog grows into a giant pitbull eating everything and everyone it sees, including the kid. The last story was about a giant robot coming to destroy Earth. It was actually a fusion of two ancient robots who battled each other in space, but they fucked each other up and their autorepair systems just fused the two together. The hero couldn't do jack shit to it (even after sticking a skateboarder's lightning sticker onto his chest, thus obtaining classic superhero powers), so he brought one of those "The cow says" toys to the robot. One of the animals on the toy was replaced by God. After listening to what god had to say (Love or die, child. Love or die.) the robot flew into the sun.

I've been trying to find that comic for years, just to see if there was more of it. I think the back page had a cover for the next issue with the hero riding a bomb dressed in a suit and tie.

That sounds amazing. Now I want to read it too.

Sounds like a child's fever dream.

Hey, Superman's doing a Spider-Woman pose!

I can assure you that it was a real thing.
No, I don't know how to draw (I actually do covers for Patsy Walker comics)

Yo someone had dumped all of scud earlier this year, was the best day ever

Aw yeah, Scud was great, there was even a game. Lol, Rick and Morty namedropped him, I'll see if I can find the vid.
Lol, no, it was Doc and Mharti.

And Dead World! I never actually read that one, but I remember the ads for it in other books were metal as fuck.

Did John K draw that?

I'll second Scud. Absolutely batshit and great art style.

The only thing I have to mark it down for is that you need to read Drywall: Unzipped to make sense of the plot.

I don't even play Warhammer, but those two Redeemer comics were amazing. That's how you fucking do comics, my man.

Haha, close. That's Bill Wray, who used to paint for John Kricfalusi.

He also worked on Samurai Jack and Hellboy Jr., and did Monroe for Mad Magazine.

wow his work is good. I like the shadows and details he put in.

Yeah, he deliberately affects old techniques you hardly see anyone use anymore.

He's a great example of how you can have a super-cartoony style and still exhibit so much ability. The noodle-arm brigade could learn a lot from this guy.

He sure is great at drawing lewds.

CB94CA305D71F30540F158B965E52D35B8DE42D0

Check out Deadworld when you get the chance! It's the definitive zombie comic!

And speaking of being metal as fuck, the first 16 issues were drawn by Vincent Locke who also did the cover art for Cannibal Corpse's entire discography.

What does this have to do with anything

I googled the string of gibberish and I think it's a torrent of Scud? Cryptic way to go about posting it.

you guys have never been to a share thread before, have you?
We have to be careful when we post these things nowdays. It's a magnet link, look up the first part on wikipedia and add the whole thing to your torrent client of choice.
And yeah, it's Scud.

I love Vince Locke's art. I first saw his work in White Wolf's roleplaying books in the 90s; later I read A History of Violence, which he illustrated.

I don't see the first 100 issues of Ultimate Spider-Man mentioned often.

Redeemer and Deff Skwadron, I remember those
But I don't remember that Dark Angels comic, is that from Warhammer monthly ?

Please?
I know I'm not crazy. Right?

You probably dreamed it all up.

Found it funny and enjoyable

But shit did get real when it came to the alcoholism stuff

I know I couldn't have dreamed it up because I've READ it, you can't do that in your dreams.
I've even tried searching for Mormon comics because of the God part and the back cover where he might not have been wearing an office suit and tie, but the usual mormon attire.

You can do anything in dreams. It's very possible you had a lucid dream and thought up a comic for yourself to read.

Fucking mundane dreams. They're the worst.

You can't literally read in dreams, but in a non-lucid dream your dream self can act like they "read" something because your subconscious knows you can somehow gather information from paper.

Sorry, but all of that is so absurd I do kind of think it's more likely you dreamed you were reading a weird comic book.

Only time there is anything related to Luther Strode, it is just in a brief art-related discussion.

Actually, I'll story time all three volumes.

Yes. It's called Obvious Tactics, it's about two Blood Angels and a Callidus assasin stopping a chaos plot

triggered much?

We talk about it sometimes, but the current Carnage series is pretty good.

8ch.net/co/res/722505.html