Windows 10 Cloud Edition leaks, blocks any non-Windows Store apps

archive.fo/pF7L8

This was Microsoft's endgame with Windows 10. They wanted to do what they wanted to do with Windows RT but couldn't, and only allow you to run Microsoft (((approved))) programs on your own computer.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/KUy8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That is some wild assertions there m8
I think it would be more realistic to assume that Microsoft was planning a thin-client IoT version of Windows for running apps in an embedded environment.

Also that screenshot is what happens when you yourself set Smartscreen to its highest security setting for non-admin users

Sage for disinformation contributing to the ever growing retardation of this board

FAKE NEWS

gg

WEWE🤖EWEW

BONNET

Install GNU/Linux, Wincuck.

Who the fuck cares? If you haven't abandoned ship yet, you're way behind where you should be and anyone who argues "need muh certain software for windows" needs to learn how to learn.

At this point Windows 10's coffin is nothing but nails.

MUH GAMEZ tho.

They aren't gonna fucking replace the other versions of windows 10(like home, pro enterprise, ltsb, etc). This is made to compete with chrome os who's entire target market consists of retarded elementary school children.

After the legitimately decent OS Win7 was, the double whammy of Win8 and Win10 (and cloudization of MS office for that matter) couldn't come at a better time.

We have a whole array of mature, noob friendly distros that just werk like Mint, Ubantoo, Manjaro, Elementary, what am I forgetting?

Many kinks of Linux and the FOSS ecosystem that have kept noobs away have been ironed out. Even Steam is working on Linux now, and many games work through Wine. Better yet vidya tech has been stagnant for years, so hardware is overpowered for games meaning the performance cost of Wine or even VMs is tolerable.

Now is the perfect time for normalfags to start abandoning ship. With some solid shilling for normie distros, the MS monopoly can easily fall apart.

Microsoft said that they were going to make Windows a service, rather than a product, and many people hesitant about making the jump to Linux stated that Windows 7 would be their last Windows. I'd used Noobuntu a decade ago, to fix random Windows fuckups, and to run virus scans on various drives, but it wasn't my day to day personal OS.

You do realize that you can run it offline? My RDS server has it on it, and the VLAN its on cant reach the internet.

I enjoy video games a lot, and even that isn't an argument for me anymore. There are literally thousands of games available on GNU/Linux, and who gives a shit about AAA titles nowadays?

archive.is/KUy8w

M$ BTFO

So they cannot do right even this thing? How nice.

You are forgetting that there should be only one.
They need to unite forces instead of playing race games.

Competition is always good. It's why Windows can still be what it is because the way normies see it there's nothing to compete with it.

I wish I had the screencaps talking about how much of a clusterfuck it is to work on Windows. Basically, it's like fixing your kitchen sink by replacing the brick outside.

Work on as in programming. I remember one of the stories was about how a new UI element in the control panel crashed explorer until some unrelated integers that it took them forever to find were increased by 1.

JUST LIVING IN THE BOTNET
WOW WOW

It's not nice since he's being a good goy and doing a beta testing for him when he could save up the exploits for future use

Damn. These complaints from current and ex MS devs have just the right level of anger and bitterness to be plausible.

ReactOS

Natural selection broskis. If the "best" distro ever cucks up like Ubuntu, the challengers mean we have a convenient insurance policy. Shame about systemd though.

Go back to reddipol, kid.

lol fags

But can it play CS?

I've already taken my last foray into Windows, on the superior Server 2008 R2. I'm skipping 2012 for the absolute interface cuckery, and 2016 is an even bigger clusterfuck. MMCs are being phased out in favor of this new "Server Manager" thing that sucks balls. Win7/Server2008R2 was pinnacle shit. I'm already contemplating my return to GNU now in the next year or two.

On the bright side, I'll be bringing back a really cool parametric modeler I didn't know existed in Linux... Siemens NX

Do want! Care to post a torrent link? Is it the v11? v9?

So you liked the screenshot. Was it the ribbon that sold it?

Obviously not since I don't use windows

None of that is critical. You can just get other games.

Search for Siemens NX SSQ on btdb.in, order by "add time" or "popularity." Windows has an 11.0.1 version out. You'll need 11.0.0 and the 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 upgrade. The Linux 11.0.1 isn't on torrent yet, from what I see.