Why the FUCK does making a C++ web program in visual studio require me to take up 20% of my hard drive on it...

why the FUCK does making a C++ web program in visual studio require me to take up 20% of my hard drive on it? why the hell do people use this? the professor is MAKING us use VS too. hate this shitty windows funded university

Other urls found in this thread:

neovim.io/
github.com/Shougo/deoplete.nvim
github.com/tweekmonster/deoplete-clang2/
example.com/test''''niggers
example.com/test)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't use VS and tell your professor to stop being a WinCuck

Just tell them that Windows triggers you and you have to use GCC. Something about ninjas kiiling your brother when you were young and Windows 95.

G E E Z E R !

intriguing

i doubt that'd work

me? rude

it's a program that simulates an auto update with socket api. i finished it in ~3 hours last night and it's due 2 weeks from now. the class is full of BA untermensch. getting VS set up with everything it needed was harder than making the program

impress your professor by doing things the normal way using gcc and a makefile

Doesn't your school have computers dedicated for students to use? Does your school really require you to buy your own computer?

it needs windows dll's to run. even the download for the project wasn't a C++ source file, it was a visual studio 2015 file. i guess i could've taken out the C++ code and done it without the dll he told us to use but it wouldn't fit the requirements that he put on the website. idk if its intentional but he comes across like a massive windows fanboy

yeah they have computers but that's not the point at all. it's the principle of the thing

My school was a Microsoft shop and everything was done with MS technology. I simply did all my work on the school computers rather than install Windows and all their other software onto my own computer.

i hate hanging around on campus but yeah i could've done that. i already bought a desktop and put windows on it tho. i told myself it'd also be good for music production and gaymes and the like, but i never ended up really playing games on it. feels like a waste of a few hundred dollars when i realize i'm not doing anything i couldn't do on my laptop if not for microsoft word, adobe acrobat, and a handful of other required programs

if it's any better they're actually paying me since i got a full ride and make money from some extraneous scholarships. there's one scandinavian nordic professor who blows all the plebs out constantly, assumes you're running linux, and uses emacs for everything for his personal computing. the normies hate him

Oh god that sounds beautiful

Use mingw on linux with the .lib of the .dll. You can cross compile easily.

it really is. you should've heard their screeching when we had to write a scheme interpreter in scheme. love that guy

I had also this kind of professor in compiler theory.
He was easily the smartest of the lot, he had good humor and tbh it was he alone who made university worthwhile. I did my thesis under him

I am a faggot webdev and I have to use Visual Studio (and motherfucking Visual Basic) at job. I hate to say it, but after being accustomed to Java and Eclipse shit, I was surprised by how fasy and good autocompletion is, since I can just tab my way out of everything like it was a bash shell. Compared to Eclipse's "I will give you suggestions whenever I want to, or if you stop writing to press Ctrl + Space several times until you find the autocompletion tab you are looking for", it's pretty nice, not to mention it doesn't do dumb shit like Eclipse does when deleting tokens partially. I still feel dirty for using it because it isn't free software.

Do you happen to know of any good autocompletion plugins for Vim? I tried YCM for a while, but I found it to be braindead with any languages that were not C, and even then it wasn't that good.

Vim is shit because everything is blocking. If you have a large file any time autocompletion runs your editor will freeze of like half a second, it's really annoying.

Use Neovim instead, it's a fork of Vim that aims to clean up the source and add modern features, such as asynchronous plugins. Then get deoplete for asynchrnous completions. Deoplete is language-agnostic, so you will need a plugin for your language as well. For the C family you can use deoplete-clang2, for Python deoplete-jedi and so on.
neovim.io/
github.com/Shougo/deoplete.nvim
github.com/tweekmonster/deoplete-clang2/

Many courses/resources/etc are funded by Microsoft so it's all geared towards making it seem like it's the best or only option. Some of what I did even read like an advertisement for their azure bullshit.

example.com/test''''niggers

example.com/test)