Diversity fails again -- Mockingbird Cancelled

Shame and heartache, friends. Mockingbird, the beloved comic that brought you Mockingbird saving all those girls wearing logos of female heroes on their shirts from the clutches of Dick Profit in Issue #3, to fighting a gang of pirates who surrender once realized they are feminists in Issue #8, is super cancelled, according to Chelsea Cain, the writer.

Please do not be happy over this news, this is a sad day.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BearPuncher1980/status/789652355981512704
twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/718086969226436608
twitter.com/ChelseaCain/status/791122744012251136
twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791124299721637888
twitter.com/ChelseaCain/status/790441182497079296
twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791307112425009153
archive.is/DMX4h
twitter.com/Ash_Knight0/status/791331906545524736
archive.org/stream/HarrisonBergeron/Harrison Bergeron_djvu.txt
twitter.com/FemmesinFridges/status/791282061839437825
twitter.com/aCanadianGuy_Eh/status/791345597953478661
twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791353772819619840
twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791352159442833408
twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791352383813017600
twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791359743688192001
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_feather
archive.is/d1usW#selection-20787.0-20793.0
twitter.com/hashtag/StandWithChelseaCain?src=tren
archive.is/tzwh1
archive.is/Kf6s7
archive.is/ZT1Dw
archive.is/oGmd9
archive.is/2YtJp
archive.is/f7hVG
twitter.com/birefird/status/791474678028234752
archive.is/2u9Qt
twitter.com/chrislowrance/status/791483901034303488
twitter.com/clairecm/status/791489113589293057
twitter.com/MTomalty/status/791495839101267968
twitter.com/MTomalty/status/791501958242709504
archive.is/Szjhx
archive.is/MzXgM
badnovelist.com/the-curious-case-of-chelsea-cain/
gutenberg.org/
allthink.com/1835759
scientificamerican.com/article/autism-it-s-different-in-girls/
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hinky
archive.is/NRjuG
desuarchive.org/co/thread/78756983/
archive.fo/9MaDR
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guess somebody should storytime this so that we may all mourn the loss to the comics industry.

I can't be arsed to storytime 1-7 since I've seen them on here before but I'll give you Issue 8.

To sum up what's going on. Mockingbird is trying to find stuff to prove that her ex-husband Hawkeye didn't kill Bruce Banner (he did) and was lured onto a barge by a mysterious stranger who promised her that proof. Said stranger then died. Mysteriously. Then she figured out it was just her ghost stalker-ex who wanted to fuck her or something.

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN

She then gets a bunch of nerds to fight her stalker because she can't be arsed to do so even though all the nerds are brain-dead incompetents and she's some sort of super-spy heroine or some shit.

This results in quite possibly the saddest fight scene ever.

Wow.

The fight ends with Mockingbird unleashing her secret weapon. Corgis in fancy dress because ha-ha-ha get it isn't it quirky. Also, what the fuck is up with that flowchart?

You can't force slang, fam.

As we can see, OP was wrong, there is no fight with pirates who discover the light of feminism at the end. Instead a gang of undead progressive feminist pirates are summoned and apparently find something sexist in the plan "kill everyone but the one person I want alive". Evidently these pirates must have died of extreme poverty with morals like that.

Also mercorgis, I bet you thought that wasn't going to come up! Fuck you. it does.

I can't even read this fight it's so fucking bad.

It apparently takes a day for Mockingbirds current boyfriend to decide he can be arsed to look for her but not to worry! Apparently the corgis took her to a resort and she had some cash on her I guess.

She also now has a shirt proclaiming her a feminist. This is called subtlety.

Anyway we end with her having a threesome between her fit ex-husband and her fit British boyfriend.

By the way Hawkeye got let off for killing the Hulk so this is was all one great big waste of time. Isn't it sad we'll never see a 9th issue?

Is there an interview with this person? I really want to know what made them think any of this was a good idea.

It's like the stupid charts Chris Chan would constantly put in his comic where he explains the geographical location of CWC-Ville or how Sonichus reproduce, because that's so fucking important to know.

Honestly, the most realistic moment in this comic is how the villain just decides he cant handle all this anymore and quits.

Mercorgies will forever have a place in my heart as the very definition of "Deus Ex Machina"

You can apply this to just about anything. Listening to these whiny cunts will get you know where.

They think that the old adage of "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" would work. They forgot the adage "The wheel will get replaced if they squeak again"

I think they just do it as a tax write-off or white guilt write-off. Throw them a half-rotten bone to get them off themselves for a moment of reprieve.

I disagree. Deus Ex Machina usually isn't a smug display of the utter contempt the writer has for the medium they're working in and the complete flippancy with which they approach it. Deus Ex Machina is the writer unable to find an ending for their story, while this crap is the writer saying "I don't fucking care. It's a comic book and comic books are for nerds" and then Marvel cuts her a check for it.

Someone who literally doesn't give a fuck about comics is working in comics and getting paid for it. Comics are dead.

This is not women "kicking ass". This is a cunt letting other people do her fighting for her and surviving by luck. It's literally Hellcat with better artwork.

That's how they ALL write. Random shit happens to quirky Mary Sue "heroes" as they "fight" two-dimensional "anti-progressive" villains that they don't take very seriously in a plot that has no substance.

Add a dash of empty "mature" themes(which aren't mature at all) and you have Marvel's hipster formula.

W E W

what the fuck does an evil ghost need food for? HE DOESNT EAT, HES DEAD

SUCH DOG
VERY MEME
MANY SALES- oh wait

I do like, through all the stupidity, everyone seems to have ignored or missed the fact that with page 18, Chelsea retconned Bobbi being raped. See, now she cheated on Hawkeye (BECAUSE SHE'S A STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMYN) and allowed her husband to be consumed with emotional distress THINKING she had been raped.

A Deus Ex Machina is a solution out of nowhere being pulled to sole an unsolvable situation. How does that not fit the description?

I can't wait for Comicchron October sales.

Mockingbird sold 14,751 units in September. Hellcat and Squirrel Girl are still uncancelled despite selling lower than that, so some serious shit must have went down in October.

Five bucks on Chelsea Cain have nudes online from college.

I thought Phantom Rider was a rapist? Why is Hawkeye upset that his wife killed the man who raped her? If anything he should be the one upset for not getting the chance to kill the bastard himself.
I am surprised they are treating a rapist like Phantom Rider as some sexist pig. You'd think they treat a subject like this more seriously. Way to devalue rape, feminists.

Chelsea Cain pretty much straight up said on twitter that she thought Bobbi getting raped devalued the character/was sexist storytelling so she retconned it to Bobbi cheating on Clint with Phantom Rider and allowing Clint to believe that she was raped.

So basically what she is saying is that Bobbi lied about being raped, huh?

You know, a sufficiently skilled writer could have used that as a tool by writing a story about characters recovering from rape. It would help a bit actual rape victims get over that. It probably wouldn't be very good since I can't name any comic that did that, but it would have been something if someone tried.

Good luck getting new innovative ideas from the Big 2 nowadays. You'd have better luck just writing it yourself than depending on those hacks to do anything write. The smallest prick in their bubble of 'progressive' ideals makes them go into a shitfit because they can't handle things like an adult. This is why the attitude in the US of 'Everyone is a winner' and No child left behind is retarded. You need failure in your life, you need to be told that you suck once or twice. When you don't then improvement stops and this is the shit you get.

Finally. Hope Tumblr Girl and everything by Kate Leth are next.

There is some irony there, but I'm too used to their stupidity to actually realize it.

I'm just happy one of the many monsters is dead. Squirrel Girl or Hellcat when?

An avengers milestone comic did that

Nobody is going to try that because everytime rape is used as narrative, regardless of its context, its criticized for being exploitative by these trigger-happy morons.

This is a character no one fucking liked, rebooted at a time when the company is imploding, with insultingly bad writing and art, helmed by some insufferable cunt who thought her cheeky little twitter feminist act was a surefire way to guarantee success.

It's like pottery.

Wait a goddamn moment.

Phantom Rider, the one from 1887? Lincoln Slade? The one she let drop to his death. "Oh it was consensual, I just let you think he raped me."

Which now means Lincoln Slade been innocent of that crime for two hundred fucking years

I need a fucking drink.

She does know that he admitted it himself, right after he shot him, rightz?
Or is there some "convinient" explenation for her retardness.

And what does their targeted audience doing? Screencapturing google results about their progressive bullshit and posting it on tumblr.

Is it a Poe? Does it even matter at this point? Are we past the point of pretending retardation?

Look at all those friends of the author.

That was before he died, when they traveled back in time to the wild west. Which makes his attitude completely appropriate, though somewhat rude.

Right, it looks like the bad guy was possessing some jerk so he could physically interact with the world, as evidenced by:

Then he drops the body of the jerk he possessed…
Yet he still, somehow, manages to punch her.

Fucking bravo.

I hate that this word has become trendy. I mean I didn't like it when i was called it in school, but as I've grown up I realized it wasn't that bad, and I actually miss being able to say I was one.

These days every Tom Dick and Larry is a "nerd" but I don't really mind it when normies call themselves nerds. What I do mind is when you start getting "Feminist Nerds", without question the most annoying group pf people on the face of planet earth. They want to bend fantasy realms to reflect their retarded world view, and damn any of the actual fans if they try to say they don't like it.

They somehow managed to create something that's exponentially more repulsive than its constituent parts.

Wait, so they fucking shilled an actual cruise in the comic? One that they're all going to be circlejerking at? And they have the nerve to turn around and wonder why everyone thinks they're a clique of self-absorbed assholes?

And here I thought it was just retarded enough that a bunch of nerds in costume were featured as a central plotpoint to the comic.. Turns out the author was just fellating a bunch of faux-nerd hipsters, which is infinitely worse.

How much of a self centered asshole do you have to be to write you and your friends shamelessly into a comic?
I mean sure, a lot of writers take inspiration from real world people for their characters, but this is ridiculous.

Art is a lie people tell themselves.

topwew

Come the fuck on, Chelsea. Your book flopped. You lost. At the very least you could accept it with something approaching dignity.

I'm still surprised these people lack any kind of self aware. When did the time came when bad writing wasn't frowned at but encouraged.

The sad thing is that there is some modern art that is actually good, capturing beauty in form and colours even in an abstract way.

Well, you didn't get the writer gene, darling.

Aren't her books NYT bestsellers or something?

The funny thing with original novels is that they don't come with a pre-existing fanbase that will drop your ass faster than a sack of shit if you treat them like garbage.

I bothered to look her up and NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLING AUTHOR is literally on every single fucking thing she has ever wrote about herself. It's even in the title of her web-site.

I miss when nerdy girls used to be dark haired chicks with glasses.

Now it's just neon dykes. They're a caricature of the subculture.

Fixed that for you, Chelsea.

So they hit the bottom of some obscure list?

When you've got a bunch of shitheads throwing titles around like it automatically entitles them to unconditional respect, I'd say so.

Don't know where you're from, but nerdy girls at all the places I've been had atleast one of these things
>extremely poor hygiene the kind that puts neckbeards to shame
All of them had atleast one of these. No exceptions.

That's because they're not actually nerdy, but 'Nerdy™', the unique subculture of people that no longer means social recluse, but means that you like anime or comic characters and lol im so geeky im playing a video game. You know, those obscure billion dollar industries.

So kate yellow teeth is confirmed best marvel cocksucker now?
I mean this gets cancelled but her shit is still around so there's no other answer

Why the fuck is this so disjointed? What is this attempt at comedy?

You have a few well drawn scenes, and then all of a sudden, diagrams that seem out of context.

What do the hand signals have to do with anything?

Wtf is a hinky?

I fully believe Leth has some pretty major blackmail against someone if this gets the axe, but her shit gets a pass.

Here just to post pic related

Don't forget they'd also have the same high standards as an autistic guy nerd would. They'll drop their panties for a Japanese guy the instant he looks their way.

twitter.com/BearPuncher1980/status/789652355981512704

Dear Lord, it's all so self-satisfied and indulgent. Both the character and the writer are indolent and do nothing but mouth off their pet issues and virtue-signal, and expect to be praised for it. The writer sees no issue with cardboard cutout villains and Mary Sue protagonists, and the current crop of Marvel writers are pretty much the same.

It's been almost 4 months since Fembusters flopped.

FOUR FUCKING MONTHS since the most monumentally humiliating failure shat out by feminists, and shamelessly paraded about by the rest of the far-left trash, was promptly spit on by the entire Ghostbusters fan-base, plus any American man or woman with a fucking spine.

FOUR FUCKING MONTHS since normal people with any semblance of independent thought shoved a righteously furious middle finger directly up the sneering, upturned noses of Paul Feig and everyone else involved in that self-righteous abortion, subsequently leaving them in the red to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

They have absolutely no excuse for thinking that this shit will sell. I can't even say that I'm surprised, because I've seen this kind of thing happen over and over for nearly two years, ever since Gamergate.

But that doesn't mean that I understand why it keeps happening. And it definitely doesn't excuse all of these media companies for being this fucking retarded.

Let it all burn, indeed.

This is why the japanese industry is superior

male famtasiers gave birth to sci fi and the entire fantasy genre of dragons and goblins and the like.

female fantasies are literally mundane everyday shit mixed with their own narcissistic daydreams. famous superheroes get together and chat over coffee. wow so fascinating. is there a gay man that you can giggle about?

i swear females are incapable of making anything interesting.

Feminism, ladies and gentleman.

Well there was this one time a woman wrote a story about a timetraveling ghost vampire fighting an eldergod , demon invasion and manipulative timeguardian. Also his weapon was himself from another time period forged into a sword.

Having finished Frankenstein recently, yep I agree that women write some pretty amazing stuff.

Feminists on the other hand, I can't think of anything worth the dog shit I picked up this morning written by a self-professing feminist.

That is without a doubt one of the worst comics I have ever read.
Every single individual page is absolutely fucking stupid.
I just kept thinking that eventually it would stop for at least one page and it did not.

I'll be honest, I'm not too familiar with how a comic is created.
It seems like they just tell people to make something and as long as no nudity is present they just go ahead and print it.
It seems like they hire people to make a comic without any prior creative ideas or any real outline of a story and just have them creating for the sake of creating which is creatively bankrupt.
Generally speaking for publications I believe there is supposed to be a job called "editor" and what they do is decide if something is good enough to publish.
See, steaming piles of shit don't sell very well and it is the editor's job to determine if something is or is not a steaming pile of shit.
So I saw that this claimed to have an editor and so I looked her up because I don't think she did her job.
This is the editor.
Not a lot more needed to be known about her.

Yeah, that explains a lot.

sounds like a 12 year old boy's story, meaning it very well may be a middle aged woman's magnum opus. i believe it.

These people have no idea what makes a villain compelling. He should be an dangerous threat or an obstacle to be overcome, not an horrid caricature that you can point and laugh at. Its a reason why pic related was one of the best parts of GoT before it turned into feminist shit.

Women as a whole are horribly narcissistic creatures. Every moment of their existence is derived solely to stroke their own egos or postulate themselves to the highest order. They're vain, pathetic, creatures in terms of the majority, and the only reason men consider them anything else is because we want to put our penises in them. The easiest way to do that, is to get a woman to like herself in your presence.

Rare is the woman who can tell a compelling story without it turning into self-insert wank. Men can head into creative endeavors thinking that they'll be doing a service for others, telling a story about interesting people surrounded by interesting circumstances.

Think of a single good protagonist written by a female author. One that was popular recently. Harry Potter, maybe, if you stretch it a bit. And even then the character who's magical plot devices wind up saving the day most of the time is Hermione, J. K.'s self insert.

Feminists have started transcribing this logic to comicbooks, like how Hellcat has suddenly started looking and dressing an awful lot like Kate Leth. Only now is it doubly obvious how transparent this is, since we have decades of history already made for these characters showing them being what these feminists claim they are and then some.

A rare exception to the rule. Once in a blue moon a woman may be able to tell a decent story, but examining the wide berth of creative works across the world and being currently produced, you'll find that they're by and large the worse of the two genders when it comes to narrative.

Despite being somewhat convoluted, the narrative in Soul Reaver is quite good.

Nice joke.

wait, normalfags know about "The D" meme now?

fuck, everything is cancer, call forth that meteor

Mary Shelley is well-known as the creator of the sci-fi genre and one of the inspirations for the creation of the horror genre, you uncultured swines.

Have you ever actually read Frankenstein's Monster? I tried once and had to put the book down halfway through because it was tedious as fuck. Maybe it picks up a little more towards the end, but the lasting impression the book left from what I read of it is that it spent more time on long, flowery descriptions of the countryside the main character traveled through than it did on the actual plot.

Frankenstein is overrated as fuck. Shelly is credited as the creator of the horror genre far too often when the works of Allen Poe came about at the same century. This is of course ignoring the fact that Gothic Horror was a thing long before that as well.

It's very simple. Mostly just the monster Frankenstein creates being butthurt that he's so ugly people can't stand to be around him, so he ruins Frankenstein's life and kills him.

I'm sure none of them know where it comes from. Ross will be forever ours.

She still is considered the creator of the genre, faggots.

I think it's a little absurd to say any one person created horror. We've had horror for as long as we've had stories.

I am stunned, simply stunned, that a comic this well written got cancelled.

Wow, with logic like that you must be a woman. Horror has been around long before Shelly's story, since mankind has been able to convey coherent thought we've spooked one another with creatures and fiction. She didn't create shit, fuck off.

Can we borrow a bit of Holla Forums's magic and meme that ship sinking with all hands?

twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/718086969226436608

It's a horror story. None of the "science" is elaborated at all, with no explanation of how Victor created life. Instead it deals with Victor telling some ship captain that he's dying because of his fucking hipster monster kid blaming him for his shit attitude.

Really, I love Frankenstein, but no.

Be a real shame is something happened to that boat. Or to the food for the cruise.

No. Holla Forums is incredibly bad at meme magic.

>>>Holla Forums
That's where the true meme wizards lie.

I said the sci-fi genre, baboon. She influenced the beginnings of the horror genre, but she invented the sci-fi genre with Frankenstein. This is a known fact.
How about you go back to Holla Forums?

That's a load of horseshit but I believe it.

Please, there's no science there. No detail, the fact that Frankenstein is a scientist means nothing when you don't actually use the science at all.

According to who, faggot?

Every cock in Marvel has probably been in her festering maw by now, from the janitors upwards. Some of those guys are married.

twitter.com/ChelseaCain/status/791122744012251136
twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791124299721637888

This guy's great.

hes got this comic on the Korean war I wanna buy

First book I'd spent money on for years

It's funny, they act like such pissy little bitches, then wonder why everyone hates them.

Every fucking time.

She did not invent the sci fi genre. She was one of the earliest writers of "science fiction" in the 19th century, and had a lot of influence, but she did not invent science fiction. Her science fiction concepts had been in place since the 1600s.

Fucking HG wells invented Scifi

I've seriously come to the conclusion that the more vocal about changing something you are the less invested you are in it. Even especially after.

People are invested in changing things; Not the thing itself. Just look at politics.

Ions are just atoms with too few electrons. They FORM molecules not disintegrate them. By her own logic the water would be electrified from so many freely moving electrons being attracted to it.

How can you fuck up bullshit fictional science that badly? All you had to say was "the triangle channels extra dimensional energy".

You know how there are cases of trying too hard? I think that's a case of trying too little.

Harry is a non-entity who succeeds mostly because of deus ex machina. Gaiman did it sort of smilar story much better in Books of Magic.

Faggots who think that Shelly was first need to start reading something beyond dull purple prose that Brits pumped out en masse in 19th century.
Shelly didn't invent horror either. In fact, Frankenstein was created as a part of the competition between Shelly and her friends on who can create better horror story.

Joe must be turning over in his grave to see what's been done to his name in only two generations. The fact that a fucking Kubert is the one in charge of this dreck makes it that much worse.

"Hinky" means abnormal or off-putting. Usually in some way that is difficult to quantify, a sense or gut feeling.

Lincoln Slade did nothing wrong and Bobbi is a murderous psychopath by author admission.

You know she's used the peanut butter trick with the corgi, though, her obsession is unhealthy.

That's tenuous at best. If you define sci-fi so broadly as to allow Frankenstein, then parables or fairy-tales could be considered sci-fi.
Oh, or could sum it up nice and neat

twitter.com/ChelseaCain/status/790441182497079296

Wow, using her daughter as an emotional shield, what a classy fucking lady.
Really, bitch?

There's another tweet where says her daughter is going as Mockingbird for Halloween cause girls deserve to be over confident bad-ass heroes.

I'm sure she didn't coerce that kid or anything.

Those tweets were well over an hour ago. Looking through her twitter now, she seems to have blocked everybody with even a single negative thing to say about her, and is now implying that she's still getting a constant stream of monstrous bile in order to fish for sympathy from the braindead drones that are left.

The sad part is that I think she actually believes it.

Wew

Yeah, she's going to be putting up a fucking Patreon real quick.

There's something happening, I'm sure these things are calculated failures.

For Marvel, they know the only money they make is from the movies, but they need to the comics so that they can have legal owner ship of the universes. They pay their artists pennies so that they can hold on to them at minimum loss, while still having the legitimacy of the marvel brand.

I can't speak for Fembusters, but I'm sure they never intended for it to be a resounding success, they wanted to set a precedent.

that reminds me. did this ever go anywhere? was there even an issue 1?

Oh, was that the one that was on Kickstarter that pretty much turned out to be 50% lesbian porn and 75% nudity? Yeah, I haven't heard of any other issues.

Au Contraire my friend. Sony pictures was using the Fembusters as yet another attempt at getting in on that shared universe craze, with several sequels and spinoffs planned. They expected a smashing blockbuster, they got tripe.

Not related to Disney, by the way, that's Sony's idiocy.

Well, what did they expect? That movie's pretty much the prime example of what "executive meddling" means now.

The marketing was also rather questionable.

>I love attention

This has to be ironic.

More the reason to use it.

Someanon storytimed issue 1, and hot damn was it bad.

There was lots of good stuff, like SWATting a guy for using a webcam service. The cammer was the brunette, and the blonde faked being a SWAT officer to teach him a lesson. Hahaha.

Then blondie and bf fuck while brunette and cutie friend trib next door, all while laughing about men.

Then the unthinkable happens! Jock McChad, the ladies bestest ally turns out to work for Anonymoose as a sleeper agent and he's sexist!

Surprisingly, this got cancelled as well.

WOW I WONDER HOW ALL THESE SEXIST COMICS THAT FOLLOW CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT FROM 80 YEARS AGO STAY WHILE SUCH GOOD TITLES ARE CUT!!!!!!!

Don't forget them getting into a server room or something to steal information just by flashing their tits at the guard at the front door. Yeah, that office would pass a security audit.

That sounds like a shitty costume.

Go back to Tumblr, cunt.

Oh yes, that was a good scene. And then she walks up to the offices and they let her pass, because tits. I mean, if it were all stuffy blokes in suits, you could play that straight, but there was 50%+ women, and no one seemed to know the CEO of their own company. (I think thats what she said she was)

Which makes me wonder, why do people not notice their boss in undercover boss? I mean, the show keeps going with the same "Just filming a doco haha ignore my fake beard", but I have never joined a company without learning about my overlords, even large chains.

Someone find a photo of the madman she married.

No, the CEO was Amy Pascal, who is buddies with Literally Whore. She pushed the movie after Paul Feig astroturfed negative reaction to the idea on Twitter as a selling point (to her vapid feminist knee jerking).

Not that hard since it's public information I simply…went to her Wikipedia article, look up her husband's name and then went on yahoo's images.

Oh and her daughter's name was on there as well.

I feel I should point out at this point that she probably came to Marvel's attention as a writer because she and her husband once co-wrote a couple of lolsowacky funny joke books making fun of superheroes.

Oh, I'm sure it was easy to find, I just wanted you to do it while I browsed memes. :^) thanks.

On the plus-side, she'd play a mean Joker if we do live-action Flashpoint. He can be a young Cobblepot.

Because those people always know how to make good content. Sure as hell explains the random mer-corgis out of nowhere.

You notice all these female-written female heroes don't actually do much themselves, just sit around, drink coffee and manipulate their friends into ruining their ex's lives. I guess that's wish-fulfilment power fantasy for women.

Well, they do say "write what you know," so I suppose it's only natural that these people basically use existing female characters as their personal self-insert for their personal fantasy life. Which isn't inherently wrong, but when you take the fantastic and turn it into the most mundane shit, I just can't help but think "something's wrong with this person." I mean, who takes a hero in a world with meta-humans out the ass, turns them into a "regular Joe," then throws in a mermutt just to say something happened?

What's wrong with her face?

Fuck if I know. Probably trying to hide her teeth or could be drunk.

Wait Steve Dillon died?!
Just….Fucking just man…

We had two threads on it (one got deleted for being a duplicate)

Well, obviously, a feminist.

I have heard it from feminists, some of them men, that plot, characterisation, any kind of recognisable progression, these are all inventions of the patriarchy, tools of oppression used to oppress strong wymyn wrytyrs, and by churning out incomprehensible gibberish, they are in fact, not just reinventing The Word, they are STICKING IT TO THE MAN, in what I can only assume is a sort of literary pegging.

And then there's the feminist movement against fascist classical art concepts like perspective and anatomy, so actually your noodle arms and chewing gum faces aren't artistic incompetence, it's actually a brave deconstruction of the line. And if you disagree, you should stop literally raping me, you literal shitlord.

I guess you are exagerating, yet it still upsets me.

Sounds like modernism to me

There is something amusing about seeing a comic cover saying Ask me about my feminst agenda and then getting cancelled.

I wonder if all the recent writing decisions and hires at Marvel also have the same ending.

I'm kind of ranting so it sounds like hyperbole, but I'm actually serious, that is a thing in both literature and visual arts.

I've got this friend, a classically trained artist, who teaches art at high school level. He had a heated discussion with a pair of feminist teachers at his school who put him down in front of his class for teaching "elitism" by training them in classical painting techniques, things like the way reflected light changes colours, muscles hang under gravity when not flexed, folds in cloth, vanishing points. They said that he was discriminating against people who can't draw as well, that he was making it competitive by encouraging self-improvement. He put back that by their rules, the girl in the class who was a pro swimmer shouldn't swim because she was making worse swimmers feel bad about themselves.

I once read a book of fantasy art by a couple, who basically trained themselves. They had attended one art course, the first lesson was everyone drawing a live model. The teachers entered the room and stood behind the students, and at a signal, reached over and ripped up the drawings. The head teacher announced "That is the last life drawing you will ever do.", and the rest of the course was crawling through orange crates, because art should be an event, not a thing,

The movement against recognisable structure exists in women's lit, as "women seeking their own voice" against the precedents set by men, in established literature.

The same thing exists in comics, it's been a thing in the indies since the 90's at least, there's a subset of feminist comics that are basically random abstract scribbles in panels, and a movement to glorify the writer by deliberately drawing badly. It's just now that this kind of bullshit is filtering through to the mainstream superhero comics. These lit-bitches and art-whores and their eunuchs have been systematically dismantling the art and writing scenes for decades, now they've got comics bent over and have got their fists up us up to their elbows.

I've always seen it as the backlash to Fascism's oppression of "degenerate art", but none of these cunts were alive when that happened, so maybe they're just lazy cunts who don't want to get good, so they're cutting everyone else down.

Anyone who's read Kurt Vonnegut Jr.'s "Harrison Bergeron" is going to get chills at this crazy bullshit. Maybe it's just the collision and collusion of two kinds of retarded, toxic pseudo-feminism, post-modernist feminism, and Tumblrina SJW feminism.

Man, I'm old enough to remember when feminists were actually fighting for something as concrete as equality, and the only thing that was literally rape was literal rape.

ding dong the witch is dead

I don't know if I'd consider this all part of feminism, though. It ties more into the SJW ideology. Feminism's a subset of that, but I think social justice better incorporates the whole idea of the dumbass hand-holding 'everything is offensive and free speech is wrong' crap that these people pull.

I… just don't know what to say or how to feel. This isn't antimen, this isn't antiwestern society. This is anti logic and brain function.

This is like the worst of Bush years multiplied by 10 and mixed with scatology and exhibition. Only an hypermodern world like this one could generate people so selfish and disgusting.

I'm starting to think the Bush years weren't actually that bad

How is this like the Bush years though? In the Bush years the conservatives were in charge.

At least you could be an atheist and you could get some sympathy because a bunch of fat monsters didn't corrupt the term yet.

Because everyone wants to censure games or push their own political ideology and religion, but it is 10 times worse because that comes from the people that was supposed to defend games.

These people always miss one very important detail. These characters live in a world of gods, heroes, villains, aliens, magic, supertechnology, World Ending events every few years and everyone has died and comeback at least three times in the last 10 years.
WHY IS EVERYTHING SO FUCKING MUNDANE?
THIS BITCH IS A SPECIAL AGENT OF ONE THE MOST IMPORTANT AGENCIES IN THE WORLD. SHE WENT TROUGH TRAINING HARDER THAT ANY MARINE. SHE KNOWS SUPERHEROES AND HAS FUCKED A FEW.

WHY DOES SHE ACT LIKE A FUCKING, BORING-ASS BASIC BITCH? LIKE A FUCKING BINGE WATCHING, BUZZFEED SUBSCRIBING, SELF-HELP BOOK READING, TWITTER ADDICT, THOT PIECE OF SHIT?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

oh ok then I realize now. Yeah it sucks. Though now I know to avoid pearl clutchers of any stripe.

Because the writer knows jack shit about the character and turned her into a self insert.

Not that I disagree with you but I've heard some claim it was meant to be a parody of stories that condemned Communism like 1984, Animal Farm and etc.

is this the mockingbird comic where the writer inserted her BDSM fetish?

This is like one of those stupid and over the top fanfictions that the writer makes in one night and doesn't give a shit. And those can be kind of fun if you're 15 or something or just a really inmature 20 year old woman but as stupid as those can get, THEY DON'T FUCKING CHARGE ME FOR THEM, and most importantly, no one gets paid for that shit.

It all comes from feminism. All the bullshit that is wrong with this stuff comes directly from third wave interjectional bullshit and 2nd wave anti-sex stuff. It's like a mish mash of the worst of the worst.

*intersectional

Good point user. Would it be better if the sex positive feminists were in charge of feminism?

Feminism is irredeemable. It's basically Marxis communist theory where instead of the workers over throwing the system, it's women over throwing men. Nothing good is ever going to come out of feminists and their retarded theories, and they never kill their sacred cows either. Don't be fooled by people that claim to be "sex positive" feminists. They'll be the first ones stabbing you in the back because they still believe all the rotten anti-sex stuff anyways, because feminist never throw out their garbage theories. I'm sure even Anita Sarkeeisan thinks she's "sex positive," The way it's usually explained is they think it's okay for women to have sex with men however they want, but still think "male gaze" needs to be destroyed. The ones that do modeling and porn and stuff are just hypocrites usually and spout the same bullshit because they judge everyone else by different standards.

This is what I mean, though– it's intersectional feminism, which is a subset of social justice. The fuckwads you're complaining about are also obsessive about diversity beyond the genders.
Though this just comes from a place of not wanting to further dirty the feminist name. Not just from what it used to mean, but what it still does mean. There are different brands of feminism like the one that Christina Hoff Sommers subscribes to that are less…Social Justice-y.
Also when you use the term 'feminist,' BLM and the fucking crazy rich black kids that lead it and insist that their huge amount of money doesn't make them privileged are not typically included in that.

cuck

it all comes from cultural marxism goy

You do know what 'intersectional' means?

This is nothing but tumblr historical revisionism. I bet you believe that Mozart was black too.

Frankenstein is Gothic Horror, which is a truth overwhelmingly apparent to anyone who knows what a goddamned literary theme is.

People only know Frankenstein from the Universal movies. The castle, the lightning, the hunchback assistant, the labcoat, the angry villagers, the rampaging monster, none of these things are in the novel.

If you read the novel Frankenstein is a massive pussy faggot who faints all the time and goes on longs walks with his boyfriend (OK, they are only friends, but don't tell me Mary Shelley wasn't shlicking to the idea while writing the novel). The reason Frankenstein despises his creation? Because it's so ugly it made him faint. And the story as to how the monster learned to speak and read is really retarded as well: it hid in the closet of some house and observed the people because it just happened that a French woman was staying at the place and it would learn the language along with her. It's like Shelley handed in the story and the editor wanted it explained how the monster all of the sudden knew how to speak, and so she just phoned it in. And here is where she really dropped the ball: every single bad think could have been avoided if Frankenstein had just done one little favour for the monster: make him a bride. But for some reason he pussied out (probably because he would have fainted again) and destroyed the almost finished body. If he was really afraid that the monsters could reproduce he should have just left out the ovaries and made her barren.

And to the idiots that think Frankenstein was science-fiction: there is no science fiction going on. All that is said about the process of creating the monster is that Frankenstein used some new techniques. That's it, literally just new techniques, no imagination at all. The movies would give us all the crazy machines, coils, lightning rods and stuff. If anyone claims that Frankenstein is Science Fiction you can be certain he hasn't read the actual novel.

Sex-positive, sex-negative, it doesn't matter. Asking which form of feminism is better is like asking what way of taking turpentine is more healthy: drinking it, huffing it, injecting it, or taking it rectally. It doesn't matter, turpentine is unhealthy by itself, no matter how you consume it. Sex-positive feminists would see about prostitution, pornography and polygamy as lifestyles to strive for, family as a perversion and abortion as women's duty. Feminism is inherently bad because it is based on a wrong premise that women are somehow being oppressed. First wave, second wave, third wave, none of it matters. Feminists will proudly flaunt women's right to vote as their big achievement and why all women are forever in their debt, even though it's a lie. Women used to have the same right to vote as men: if they owned property. It wasn't until World War 1 that men demanded the right to vote, since if they were good enough to die in a trench they should also be good enough to choose who they die for. Feminists jumped on the bandwagon and demanded the right to vote without having to die in the trenches themselves. If women really were oppressed by this nebulous patriarchy, would they really have been given the right to vote with nothing in return?

feminists and SJWs are interchangeable

Boy, this thread went to shit.

Good riddance. But it doesn't matter. More shit titles will come in to take its place. And even if comics decide to get rid of the political/pandering bullshit and try to be as stable as they once were it still won't matter. Every possible kind of story, characters and matchup/crossover/etc has been done and the stories that come out now are either poorly written, insufferable, edgy, preachy/soapbox, repetitive, or at best remotely decent/readable. Comics are pretty much as obsolete as you can get and all they can do now is butcher familiar IPs and characters while throwing any remote resemblance to continuity out the window. It just hurts too much for me to even care anymore. Comics are better off disappearing, with only the quality of past stories and character histories to look forward to.

All feminists/libshits/sjws are the same and they're all terrible
And in the end if shit goes down, none of them are gonna survive because they'll get made good by the niggers and mudslimes they worship

Ridiculous statement. You might as well say every kind of book has been written, so you might as well stop writing novels, or every kind of painting has been done to death, so why paint? You Sir, are a complete and utter cuntbubble Sir.

And furthermore, smuganimegirl.jpg

Well she did write it for a bet…

Is that better if you're an autist yourself?

Wait…Phantom Rider? Isn't that just Golden Age Ghost Rider…and shouldn't he be dead by now? I mean, Phantom Rider deserves to be in a better book…not to be brought back just to be pissed on by some hack writer.

Hehe…

twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791307112425009153

archive.is/DMX4h

Huh, that's actually very realistic.

Who is this retard? Does he look at the words he types.

hes some kool aid chugger

twitter.com/Ash_Knight0/status/791331906545524736

If someone came to me with that I would answer "Yes, that is precisely the point". I would love for once if these people stepped into some Twilight Zone reality where their standards got applied everywhere. So what if your dish washer ended up flooding the entire kitchen, at least it was designed by a non-neurotypical person. Why are you complaining that the bus driver crashed into your car and hospitalized you, expecting a driver to hit the breaks is abelist towards people with only one leg. And now let me introduce you to Dr. Pajeet, our designated minority surgeon, hope you didn't plan on getting old.

Are you new or retarded?

Harrison Bergeron, pretty much.

archive.org/stream/HarrisonBergeron/Harrison Bergeron_djvu.txt

Well it certainly wasn't supposed to be a MANUAL.

twitter.com/FemmesinFridges/status/791282061839437825

okay

For leftists and kikes the narrative is more important than even shekels. I mean look at the spics and muds they import, for them politics is the end not a means to an end.

What a stellar parent she is.

twitter.com/aCanadianGuy_Eh/status/791345597953478661

How much you want to bet the Mockingbird costume is the "ASK ME ABOUT MY FEMINIST AGENDA" shirt?

You forgot:
Yeah, #1 mom, right there.

Mike Costa is fucking bad. If you want an example of how bad of a writer he is, note that he was the writer for Web Warriors. He took a book that's concept was "Exiles w/ Spider-Man characters" and somehow managed to fail at doing anything interesting or even fun with it.

I meant that it wasn't JUST anti-men or anti-western society.

For fuck's sake user, are you autistic or something for not being able to see what is implicit?

It's true what they comics guy said. Marvel confuses tumblr/twitter for actual customers.

It reads like something out of Faust.

Looks like she deleted her account.

Why can't you faggots screenshot shit instead of posting twitter links?

And it still got cancelled because none of those chucklefucks actually bought a single issue and probably only just now heard of Mockingbird.

Find them and storytime them. Now.

twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791353772819619840

twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791352159442833408

twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791352383813017600

Not this savage

She'll come crawling back in less than 24 hours, pretending like she's a strong woman for blocking her critics because she's "standing up to harassment." These people are all the same.

Screencap nigger

do it yourself

And that's really the core of the issue, they'll push and push and push for a thing to happen, then when the chance comes to support it, they'll expect everyone else to pick up the slack so they don't have to do anything. And then they act so fucking shocked and offended that it ends up failing.

So… what the fuck is going on? is the writer burning bridges and calling everyone mysoginist to get sympathy points?

Patreon obviously.

Feminism is at the core of the problem, get over your fedora nodding, and retarded GG "there are good feminists" lie, and just admit it. SJW shit is intersectional feminism. It's where the privilege theory bullshit comes from that makes them act like white heterosexual men are the most evil force in the universe.

no one but redditors think this nigger

Still it surprises me too much how suddenly everyone is called sexist, racist or all that shit. We aren't even using twitter, I believe.

Why? Because people are pointing out the core problems and being a lefttard, that makes you uncomfortable?

Bullshit. PR fags like Val tried to throw Milo under the bus because he was too conservative. That guys cancer is certainly tolerated with certain idiots on this website. I've seen plenty of people in GG try to make this argument outside of KiA. Some people are so retarded they even take it to the point of thinking that 2nd wave feminism is good because that's what Christina Hoffman considers herself, when 2nd wavers are the ones who tried to ban porn in the United States and tend to be the stereotypical political lesbians who think putting a penis in their vagina is oppression.

twitter.com/makecomicsgreat/status/791359743688192001

*Christina Hoff Sommers

I entirely interact with him to shit on him or filter him & people still support Milo so lol

again you are talking to the wrong guy I'm more redpilled on Feminism then even you dear boy.

White feather Prohibition communists backing them big government backing them for gibs

Val tried to get Milo thrown off of Air Play. He was one of the people who did that. The argument was that PR fags only existed on plebbit which is a lie. There are people who still support Val or he would have been ran out of Holla Forums when he sabotaged Holla Forums Sings or when he was arguing it was okay for him to make sexually charged comments to an 11 year old girl. It's proof that part of GG is so retarded all you have to do is namefag or avatarfag and they will support you until thier dying breath. They only get mad at identity whores who are not part of their clique.

You said that only people on Reddit are bluepilled on feminism. I definitely remember the "2nd wave feminism is the good feminism" comments on hatechan two and one year ago. What they don't understand is all 2nd wavers tend to be sex negative, that's why there had to be a 3rd wave in the first place.

Nice meme we repeatedly beg FUCKING MaRK TO B& HIM!

oy vey, goyim, somebody needs to work the other side of the dialectic!
2nd wavers want to downplay the cancer of modern feminists, sure. because it interferes with their own cancer.

I don't think shes pure idelogue just naive at worstoptimistic

Not malicious but I know well & good what feminism is thank you

If that was true, people would just ignore his posts. I always see 3 or so anons responding to him seriously everytime he posts.

are you the same homo posting the /cow/ shit?

These people are still so dumb they don't realize meninism was a joke?
If these people lived back in the day when they made that fake broadcast of War of the Worlds, they'd probably claim it was real, even when presented with evidence to the contrary.

I've read the /cow/ thread. Why would you defend anything in that thread? This is why I can't take GG seriously anymore though, it turned into a secret club bullshit where your own pedophiles and retards must be defended versus the other side's pedophiles and retards. I dunno, I don't like rampant hypocrisy and elitism.

aGGro detected

The uncomfortable truth is that first wave feminism was also cancer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_feather
Prominent feminists and suffragettes collaborated with the government on a virtue-signaling campaign to shame young, able-bodied men into the armed forces.
The practice is barely different from the "smear the heretic on social media until he becomes a pariah" method used today.

This is the kind of shit people should have been doing for some years now. The feminazis and SJWs need to be triggered to the point they sperg out like retards. Eventually the people in charge of money at these companies will cut them loose. They like money, I doubt they would double down until they go out of business. The reason things got so bad is because people didn't let them know how much they hated this shit. These people crying on Twitter about criticism being "bullying" is a good thing. The special snowflakes need to feel the heat.

Val is a pedophile and the same people that went after srhbutts protect him. I'm not an aGGro, retard. I just expected some people to hold their selves to higher standards. It's like when they act like YouTube ecelebs are worse than cancer for wanting attention and then let some rando namefag drag the entire thing into his own personal fight with trolls to the point the GG board doesn't exist anymore. The double speak gets annoying after a while.

No one fucking protects val shill

people tolerate him but no one fucking no one likes him

Do you have any proof he is actually a pedophile? Or just a meaningless accusation?

Val knew about stuff like the mobot leaks before they happened. He's not just a namefag. People actually involve him in important stuff. They do that despite knowing the pedo shit is true and he's a commie faggot. Also still taking GG this seriously at this point is cringy as fuck.

Well GG is effectively dead because of namefags. If not some of you fags would still post in /gamergatehq/ but you don't.

Please, keep going.

There was stuff posted in his /cow/ thread, including from people that worked with him on projects:

>>>/cow/227015

Also he self identified as a lolicon for at least 2 years before someone made that thread. I don't know why you fags are getting so butt hurt about Val though, shows he still has supporters for whatever reason I guess.

It ended in 2015. Give me proof that GG is still a thing with any significance.

That's what I thought.

Says the guy who came in to derail the thread by sperging out about him.

Still leaning toward aGGro.

I'm leaning more towards burnout who got his dick sucked on Twitter, myself.

You sure have a lot invested in deflecting for this guy despite the fact that "no one listens to him."

You're right… Rerailing with OC

If that was the case, then why are you taking the bait, retard? Could it be that you actually feel motivated to defend this person despite the fact you say no one gives a shit about him?

If you had any real proof he was a pedo, I'd be interested in seeing it… You know… something that couldn't be easily fabricated.

lemme clarify… loli shit doesn't count unless you really are an aGGro… then I guess you wouldn't know any better.

If it was loli shit, I wouldn't care. I'm not against hentai or loli hentai. The screenshot is from this thread:

archive.is/d1usW#selection-20787.0-20793.0

Notice how Val posts below it and doesn't refute any of the allegations or that that person is who he claims he is.

Either way, I don't really care about talking about this here, but soon as you namedrop Val, retards rush into defend him. Why do you think that is?

SCREENCAP TWITTER YOU LAZY FUCKS
ESPECIALLY WHEN DISCUSSING PEOPLE WHO ROUTINELY USE MASSIVE BLOCK BOTS OR IN SOMEONE LIKE CHELSEA CAIN'S CASE, FUCKS OFF OF TWITTER ALTOGETHER

twitter.com/hashtag/StandWithChelseaCain?src=tren

And here come the virtue signaling dipshits, right on schedule.

She looks like an iguana I used to own. Maybe lizard people actually do exist…

links are no longer there. could it be twitter cleaning house?

If Holla Forums is such a GG strong hold, why are you guys so pussy whipped to the point you don't even rebel against idiots like Comics Alliance that are destroying your medium?

She deleted her Twitter. Honestly, this is good. This is the kind of thing that should have happened earlier, because no one every told these people no before.

Let them do it. All they're doing is attack Marvel for canceling a title for bad sales. They're biting the hand that feeds them.

If that's based off that bullshit "Bystander effect" anecdote, here's a fun fact for you: Nearly everyone who knew that woman was being murdered tried to do something to help, from screaming out the window to calling the cops.

Are you retarded?

Jesus Christ they are never happy about anything. Imagine if all these fucknoids ran a comic book company. It would be shutdown within a month or two. It's like they don't understand business at all. Why would a company continue to sell something that is consistently failing over and over again? But then again it is Marvel. But it's like they want the company to go out of business. I know that they will not go out of business however it does raise the question again. When that superhero movie burst, how are they going to make it with properties like Mockingbird and Ms. Allah SNACKBAR?!

According to Nick Spencer if you buy any DC's books you're a troll that hate women and minorities.

Okay, yeah, this shit's definitely a ruse.

They don't feel like they're winning Spencer. They are winning. The cancellation of your shitty books and the success of theirs proves that.

But people ARE voting with their wallets, you filthy whore. Your 'target' doesn't even buy comics.

DC's successes with Rebirth is eating the Marvel's writers inside, huh? It's like, damn. I've never seen this level of salt.

Keep sucking your namefag hero's pedo cock then I guess.

Here is Val hitting on an 11 year old girl. Is this nothing as well?

They're called cultural marxists for a reason. They are anti-capitalism. They don't believe in "the customer is always right." They think they can create demand through force. The absurd thing is people in high positions of power in these companies are falling for this shit. How long will it take for the learning curve to have an impact?

Until that happens, I'm fine with all the SJW writers and artists throwing a fit until they quit Twitter. If they don't realize what is going on and blame it on "harassment" let them continue to fall on their sword.

I swear to god I wasn't even lurking the thread why are autists still so buttblasted I made jokes with someone who makes jokes about dildos and rape and pedophilia repeatedly and actually seeing a heart emoji as "hitting on someone", you guys are even more childish than her and she's not even twelve
do you dolts have to try and ruin every single thread you find even when I'm not there just because you're moralfagging pansies, at this point you could've come up with actual proof of anything instead of "someone totally said he did something !" I swear to god it's been months and you still actually think I'm a muslim, it used to be funny now it's just sad
I feel bad you guys are getting this shit as well, polite sage

Hell, they could've just done a movie adaptation of the Extreme Ghostbusters but replace the cast with girls or have the characters be the kids of the old Ghostbusters.
But Feig and Pascal didn't actually care about the franchise and just wanted to use it as a vehicle for their stupid feminist shit.

To be fair, Frankenstein was written for a bet when Shelley was hanging out with her husband and Lord Byron. She had never written anything before, right?

No he mocked Cain

How bout you kill yourself?

Even people who clearly once drank the koolaid seem to be seeing the part that the so-called 'victims' are playing in all this.

archive.is/tzwh1

lol Snyder is here

archive.is/Kf6s7
archive.is/ZT1Dw

One big shit sandwich CW II artist & the nog from Nighthawk

Its funny cause they already had the real ghostbusters, it had a woman, a latino, a black guy, fuck it had a guy in a wheelchair that was constantly making fun of his condition.

That's Extreme Ghostbusters, buddy. Real still had the movie characters.

DELICIOUS.

Feig really doesn't give a shit about feminism, he's just in it because of his femdom fetish.

archive.is/oGmd9

archive.is/2YtJp

..Then I guess women aren't human then if a) they are infallible and b) they are unable to lie.

archive.is/f7hVG

twitter.com/birefird/status/791474678028234752

kek

Oh yeah, some story, practically nothing happened.

wew

WEW

Screen-snip of the pic.

archive.is/2u9Qt

Notice how none of that says Women buy comics

Yep, pretty obvious that you're an assblasted wumyn.

And I didn't even need to make note of the fact that you never denied it after getting called out. Now get back in the fucking kitchen

I cant believe they're trying to play this off as 'harassment'

Somewhere is a woman cowering from her stalker who's been delivering letters with pictures of her in her intimate private moments to prove that she belongs to her, but at least she doesn't have to deal with people making fun of her on twitter.

Or more accurately someone saying they're being made fun of on twitter. I haven't really seen anything to convince me she's gotten anything but a 'point and laugh' comment or two.

twitter.com/chrislowrance/status/791483901034303488

To be fair, Neither did I

However because of Rebirth I have a pull list and a backlog and I want PHYSICAL books, none of that digital-bullshit.

I can, they're been playing this game for a long time and became quite good at it.

I can't… I can't tell if this is trolling, but those posts were long enough ago that maybe not? Has Holla Forums gotten so terrible that we're getting another infestation? Or is this 4ch, because I don't think Holla Forums gets so asshurt over insults…

Look, retard. Frankenstein was sci-fi for its time period. It's that time period's equivalent to 2001: A Space Odyssey, with the question of whether or not something is human/has humanity. Rather than it being about computers (it's not like computers as we know them or the idea of AI existed in that time period), it's about if something is still human if pieces from other humans and brought back to life. It's a question of if science should be playing god and when science goes too far. It's considered to be the first sci-fi novel.

But then again, I don't know why I'm bothering.

twitter.com/clairecm/status/791489113589293057

Oh yeah. I mean, why would the woman who has made it explicitly clear in her own comics and tweets that she thinks that lying about rape for your own benefit is a perfectly okay thing to do *EVER* lie about Twitter harassment? In a medium that explicitly benefits from manufactured outrage no less?

No fucking clue where people could've gotten *that* idea from.

twitter.com/MTomalty/status/791495839101267968

Holy shit debunked

continued
twitter.com/MTomalty/status/791501958242709504

M8 plz

archive.is/Szjhx

archive.is/MzXgM

Author Mary Shelley
Country United Kingdom
Language English
Genre Gothic novel, Horror fiction, Soft science fiction
Published 1818 (Lackington, Hughes, Harding, Mavor & Jones)
Pages 280

Now SHUT YOUR PISS.

Oh, wow, that guy's going on and on about 'fake comic fans' in his tweets, and using it as a term to refer to people who don't like SJW pandering.

I think I need to stop reading this shit. Too much time on Twitter makes people into assholes and morons.

badnovelist.com/the-curious-case-of-chelsea-cain/

Remember when Wil Wheaton and his clique were trying to make calling people "fake nerds" taboo all those years back? Guess it only really applies when you're talking about actual fake nerds.

Remember, SJWs just love projection.

Assholes and morons love using Twitter, because it validates their narcissism. And we all know that a board or site's discource tends to sink to the lowest common denominator.
But, yeah, too much Twitter is definitely bad for your sanity.

Sure, I wasn't trying to shit on her herself, I was pointing out that every iconic thing about Frankenstein aside from the basic premise itself comes from the Universal movies. The novel itself is rather mediocre.

Really he did that? oh god that would be hilarious. My first exposure to fake nerds was when I was watching Watch mojo and those fake nerd comic con reporters back when I was young and stupid.

Yea, they go on and on about the fake nerd girl shit but they're fine with doing it to others if you don't agree with their ideologies.

Oh my god, stop calling Mary Shelley a fake nerd girl before she quits twitter over it.

Frankenstein is 'science fiction', in the same way that Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is 'science fiction'.

At the time of writing, they genuinely thought it would be possible to reanimate dead corpses using electricity because someone somewhere (it's been a long time since I did English lit) electrocuted a dead man's face and saw the muscles contort or whatever. They weren't entirely wrong, look at defibrillators, but Frankenstein was written on the assumption that you could reanimate corpses using electricity, and Shelley uses the fictional medium to expand upon that. By exactly the same token Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde was built upon what people at the time thought was possible.

Silly kid. There are no bad tactics, just bad targets.

Key is the 'science' part, especially with the context of things; these are being written when medical science in particular is in its infancy, and you're always hearing horror stories about corpse-thieves striving to fill the demand for medical cadavers for researchers, new discoveries of strange things that upset everyone's view of the world, even Darwin's theories and monstrous fossil creatures providing proof of evolution; things entirely orthogonal to the worldview that people are raised in.

Much like any generation's sci-fi gets fixated on the scary new thing; atom bombs, space travel, genetic engineering, nanomachines; back then it was biology, chemistry and medicine, finding new ways to understand and change the human bodies- and ways to harm it.

Frankenstein is pretty layered; not just does the doctor find himself 'playing god', but upon seeing his creation stagger to life, he is horrified and rejects it, instead of taking responsibility for his creation. The creature comes to life with no malice or danger, though, even becoming a well-spoken, intelligent person upon being taught by a blind man who cannot judge him by appearance; it's only when he fully realises his rejection by society and his own creator that he becomes murderous. It isn't just about playing god, it's the idea that humanity will be a poor substitute for god.

Not a fan of the Bermuda Triangle bullshit, that shit has been disproven for years.

Saying "Yes" to "Do you have a shampoo bottle?" results in two different outcomes . . . And who carry's shampoo around on their person when on vacation?

Why the fuck is her corgi dresses up as her ex? (Hawkeye?) I cheated on my husband but I'm fine with dressing up my dog as him?

That stupid mercorgi thing is "foreshadowed" in on the map of the Bermuda Triangle , so it doesn't entirely come out of nowhere (but it is still stupid).

Did she have any interest in corgi's before this comic run?

Remember The Valkyries is Kate Leth affiliated, so I wouldn't be surprised if there might sort of "response" to this in a future Hellcat comic.

Who the fuck is "they", Mr. Spencer?

Because as far as I'm concerned, the comics in question have been, for the last better part of a century, the "property" of the same for-profit corporations.

You fuckers will call things you don't like "communist" without having any idea of what you are talking about. Orwell was a fucking commie (don't believe me? He wrote a book about how wonderful anarchocommunist Catalonia was), and what he was trying to warn against were oppresive fascist regimes, like the Nazi Germany every "freedom fighter" here loves. I am seriously starting to think "communist" is just lingo for "things I don't like" around here.

Wait, wait, wait, wait. I have to let my brain to rest a little before I ask this question.

1st pic was not a mock up of parodying how overly feminist the modern mockingbird comic was?

Please read some books.
gutenberg.org/

Electricity is mentioned literally only two times in the book in the same paragraph and in no relation to Frankenstein's experiments (he had not even begun studying at this point). You are thinking of the Universal movies.

Nope. Actual cover. Saw it in my local comics shop myself.

Brad Glasgow wrote a thing about the manufactured controversy:

allthink.com/1835759

I've read the book. It was a long time ago, admittedly

This is why they'd love something like GamerGate to come along for them. They are so desperate for relevancy that they'll just make shit up if it gets them some attention

Of course they don't buy comics.

They buy manga.

I happened upon this on my twatter this morning.

I finally understand social justice ideology. They believe in trickle down diversity.

It's just as retarded as trickle down economics

I haven't followed Marvel for a while now (dropped them as soon as the reboot was announced) so I missed the good news.
How is company imploding? Is the reboot a massive failure? Can I dance on its grave?

Start dancing, user. Happy days are here again!

m8 you're embarrassing yourself

I mean, you don't HAVE to make straight white men the main audience
But you won't make any fucking money if you don't, as demonstrated here

DC is raping Marvel with Rebirth. A lot of Marvel NOW! books are dying before they even hit stores.

Au contraire, logic is a construct of the patriarchy and so is the western society, shitlord! :^)
I shit you not, I heard stuff along those lines from a feminist retard I had to share classes with once.
It's all Cultural Marxism, plain and simple. They want to destroy the world to remake it to fit their ideals.

Feels good to be a DC customer.

Such great news!
Time to celebrate!

SWEET SWEET VICTORY

I wouldn't celebrate too hard. Comic shops are doing badly because of this bullshit.

The market will probably collapse in a few years.

That's even more of reason to celebrate.

THE GREAT CATACLYSM IS AT HAND!

Man, that sucks, Book Stores are already complete shit, it would suck if one of my favored places of my childhood went extinct

Really who do these fags actually think read big 2 comics
Niggers don't, they like anime
Spics watch capeshit movies but I don't think they buy capeshit comics so much
Women, as proven time and again don't fucking buy comics ever
So yes it's straight white men that buy the comics and keep this pathetic industry afloat, or just white men in general I'm sure there a couple homos that buy comics
But go ahead and keep spitting on your consumer base, it's worked out great so far amirite

user, when DC sales were stumbling and they were being accused of killing comic shops, they released Rebirth.
Now with Marvel is the one being responsible, the chances of them turning around is big because the spearhead of their their retail operation is crying "DO SOMETHING, YOU FUCKING MORONS".
Besides, I've been hearing the whole the "Market will collapse!"-spiel since the bubble-burst, might as well kill it and see what can be done with the scraps that remain.

They do, they buy Japanese comics made for women, shoujo manga or they buy Japanese comics made for boys but drawn by women who are full of sexy female characters that female readers can used to project themselves onto.
If they want to chase a female audience they need to deliver what the audience want, rather than what failed ideologues say they want - especially when most women don't identify themselves as feminists and most people think of feminism as something negative.
Pic Related.

Well, don't just drive-by drop such radical proclamations and not deliver anything definite. Pics or it never happened.

>scientificamerican.com/article/autism-it-s-different-in-girls/
So, it's probably better regardless of whether pr not you're an autist. The article also mentions that girls are more often recognized and diagnosed as autists if they're also relatively slow. So those are probably whom refer to.

Which comics are you talking about? If they really are good and not feminist propaganda, I will go out and but them right now to support what I want to see.

OH GOD! PLZ TELL ME CAGE IS STILL GOING? THAT COMIC IS SOMETHING I ACTUALLY WANT MARVEL TO DO!!!

Thank you, for that thoughtful and informed contribution to this shitslinging party.

Script and pencils are already done, user. Probably the inking and coloring, too. Why wouldn't they go ahead and release the other three issues?

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hinky

Apparently it's an actual word. Like all hack writers, she feels the need to use obscure words to make herself feel smarter. Fucking hell, how this cunt wrote an NYT bestseller, I'll never know.

Oh, you know what this SJW Mockingbird retcon fuckery reminded me of?

Remember Rachael Pollack on Doom Patrol? And how she didn't like Crazy Jane because the character was a rape victim, so she didn't just kick her off the team, she erased her from existence by saying that a villain had implanted false memories of her in the team and faked her whole life, story, and relationship with Cliff.

I'm amazed nobody called Pollack out for being a complete cunt back then like we are now with Cuntea Cunt.

No, it's lingo for "shit that doesn't work and never will".
Nice dubs, friend.

I just remembered that Alkhema/Wartoy's AI was based on Mockingbird's brain engrams, like Vision was on Wonder Man, and Jocasta was on Wasp, and Ultron was on Pym.

I like to think that somewhere, Alkhema is sitting around drinking coffee, going shopping and blogging and having wacky evil adventures while she gets her supervillain friends to beat up superheroes for her, and ruin Ultron's life.

It's a clique thing. You have to live in NY and swirl in the right circles, otherwise you don't get published. At least, that's how it's been for a while, I hear some people have been trying to rectify that.

Like what? I'm honestly quite curious now.

sorry your mum was a bitch

And yet the bulk of that has always been white men for fucking decades.

archive.is/NRjuG

When are people going to learn that the comic book internet media needs to be destroyed?

Just go back to reddit if you can handle the bantz. Also Frankenstein still isn't scifi.

Becoming a Literally Whore is not going sell your comic books. Honestly, this is great this happened. The people in charge of spending money should begin realizing what is going on.

Is that why the middle class had disappeared under NAFTA? Was Regan responsible for that?

A-yep, they're trying to get the Hipster Clique to rally behind them.

There was a Q&A with an ex-Valkyrie on halfchan Holla Forums once and I'm sure you'll be surprised to find that as a group it's dedicated to being bitter cat ladies and stroking Kate's ego.

Link

Same feels man.

Replace VIDYA GAYEMES with Comics

WELP

I don't really care how neckbeardy this sounds but I legitimately want these people to go away. Not "diverse" people but I'm sick of not being able to have any hobbies that aren't invaded by screeching idiots who only latched onto something superficially because it became cool too or who just want to exert their authority without participating.

Video games, comic books, sports in general, even fucking pro wrestling. Nothing I enjoy is safe from these people. They've never touched a controller or stepped foot into an LCS or anything and yet they've decided that they deserve to be the gatekeepers of all entertainment mediums. I just want to be able to enjoy my hobbies in peace and I can't fucking do it because everywhere I turn, there some asshole is telling me that I'm enjoying it wrong despite the fact that they don't actually participate themselves.

And the writers and people involved in these industries, the cowardly jackasses they are, side with the mob. They're willing to throw their fans under the bus to chance a group that never has and never will show actual interest in what they do beyond using it as an excuse to show how morally superior they are. I'm just completely sick of it. All I want to do is read stupid comic books about gaudily dressed men punching other gaudily dressed men. Not have the books scream at me about how I'm evil while a bunch of drive-by morons who don't read them also tell me that my hobby is shit unless it fulfills their specific points.

If you call it "sci-fi", you aren't a fan.

It's a tell for a casual. Like "Japanimation" or "chop-socky" or "funny-books", or Trekkies", or calling him "Dr. Who".

desuarchive.org/co/thread/78756983/

It's got some gems in there.

I think I know what you are referring to but can you give us a example?

(Checked)
If things get bad with your WWE wrestling, try Jap wrestling. New Japan Pro Wrestling is fun and Kenny Omega is awesome.

Plus he is pretty good with Alex in SFV

It sounds like she left Twitter because she realized Twitter is a terrible place, but doesn't have a full grasp of the reasons why. She thinks it's because Twitter encourages misogyny, but the actual truth is that Twitter encourages people to be simple-minded and to take things to extremes in their discussions and debates. Now that she's decided to leave it behind altogether, I imagine she'll have a much more enjoyable life from this point on.

Well, unless she goes crawling back to it like some sort of addict, anyway.

Right now SJWs are trying to get WWE to fire a developmental wrestler named Mandy Rose because she was on a plane, some black person's afro was sticking up over the seat, she made a joke on Snapchat about how it's the third time her view has been blocked and now she's a racist disparaging black women (nobody knows if it was a black woman since it may have been developmental wrestler No Way Jose who also has a giant fucking afro).

WWE will probably acquiesce too and we'll lose out on someone who was showing a lot of promise as a wrestler despite having only started a few months ago.

Remember, they got Seth Rollins' girflriend fired for "anti-semitism" for posting a goofy fucking picture of an MLP pony with a Nazi armband. Or digging up old "racist" tweets of Jessicka Havok's during a tryout which got her kicked out of the tryout, cost her a shot at a WWE contract and got her kicked from her home promotion as well.

There's a group of obsessive fans of the women wrestler's on social media (called Diva Twitter) who get really pissy about anyone they feel is taking opportunities from whatever girl they like so they comb social media to find old posts, bring attention to them and get them fired.

WOOOOW… Ok and I thought that it was only about Stephanie trying to throw in LGBT characters into the scene-bad. This is shit!

Your spacing gives you away nigger
Just sayin
Also, fuck off

You're finally waking up
You're the battered housewife who has had enough, be proud that you've nutted up
Now if we could just get rid if these libshit feminist cucks in some way
Not trying to be edgy but I feel like violence might be the only answer

Stephanie Mcmahon who is in charge of creative said they plan to introduce LGBT wrestlers.

No

dominate space

Criticize them

People pretend ignoring them will just let them rot but they thrive when you fucking ignore them Holla Forums did this shit with anita

They don't want attention on shit they do so they cry sexism & try to get promotion from Beta cucks

Fucking Mockingbird trade has beselling preorders but its till fucking cancelled

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I'm glad I got out before twitter and Facebook started to dig it claws in the company.

There's a simple reason for this, son. Here, let good old uncle Holla Forums step in to clear this up for you.

BEHOLD! The Socio-Sexual hierarchy: archive.fo/9MaDR

So once you're done reading that, think, think long and fucking hard about who these people really are that invaded your hobbies. Think of the common behaviors that you've seen between, their herd mentalities, their dysgenic behaviors, their attempts to move like a swarm of r-typed locusts in every field. Even classical Goons are very much a part of this behavior.

Now what rank do you think these bastards fit into? What other socio-sexual rank than sadly a good chunk of the infiltrators. Gammas and Omega's. And for those folks they were fucking thirsty for so damn long for recognition of their work by other gamma's (ie former children of distant and fallen Alpha's / Sigma's) in various realms of art and business, that they just let the doors fucking fly wide open, when their own respective industries got gutted and financially converged, thirsty for anything that would prove that their works meant something of value from these fraudulent gatekeepers.

In the case of comics, FYI when the industry got badly converged with the collapse of competitors in the direct distribution implosion of the late 90's, you had artists and writers like Warren Ellis kinda scrambling to find new audiences in the midst of a financial crash, and founded forums like CBR and the Warren Ellis Forums soon picked attached these narcissists in tow due to a combination of a market of low entry and skill required to get in.

Funny, because I know one of the people who was blocked was pic related.

But this is what passes for harassment now.

I love that her daughter didn't even bother to go upstairs to comfort her oh-so-brave mother sticking up to those big meanies on Twitter though.

Thanks for the "gift" but you can keep it.

You moron, 1984 and Animal Farm were about communism. Orwell realised what a shit system it was, so he wrote them as a response.

Mary Shelley was probably just a fraud. A faggot made a great argument that it is her fuckbuddy, Percy bysch Shelley who was the one who wrote the novel, especially if you looked at the prose style and gay scenes which was bowdlerized in the second edition after his death.

Percy Shelley the idiotic sjw was also a crappy storyteller. His books and the plots of his long poems were also juvenile fanfictions and shared similar tone and stupidity. The book plot may be shit but the ideas that it espoused are still too bright for the incredibly normal cunt Mary who took out the gay subtexts.

The prologue of the 1918 Frankenstien did not mentioned Mary. Just three people competed which other, one is Byron, his doctor and Percy the poet.

Mary Wolstoncraft Shelley only get recognition because the academics and the intelligentsia have a lot of trouble finding an genius female who was a great contributor to literature and genre other than romance. All of Mary Shelley other books are even worse shit despite the fact she supposed to be older and wiser.