What went wrong with Yahoo?

What went wrong with Yahoo?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/entry/mans-suing-yahoo-for-gender-bias_us_56b25e1ce4b08069c7a5d2ad
yahoo.co.jp/
swfchan.com/1/4127/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They decided they were not a tech company but a media company.

As a result they stopped recruiting top tech talent and concentrated on marketing. Their board of directors was as pozzed as it gets.

Turns out recruiting from the bottom half of the tech talent pool and importing pajeets does not work that great.

And woman CEO, lol.

what this user said
Besides being a woman.
She was tyrannical misandrist, she purged most men in the company.
She's a SJW.
She authorized datamining.
Cooperated with the nsa.
etc....

I see a pattern.

They acted like Google without having google-like advertising income, that always ends up badly.

They were never good.

What ever went right with them in the first place?

WHAT WENT WRONG

more like big competitor to alta vista and hotmail.

GENDER POLITICS

huffingtonpost.com/entry/mans-suing-yahoo-for-gender-bias_us_56b25e1ce4b08069c7a5d2ad

what's wrong with a big company getting breached? it happens to everyone

The only reason why they were still allowed to exist in the age of Google was because they somehow appealed to old grandmas who couldn't into computers. After they all died Yahoo literally had no audience left. They couldn't appeal to millennials like Google can

women in tech

I am still bitter about HP. Now this.

Is yahoo relevant outside shitholes like japland?

smh newfags

What the fuck is up with slanteye countries having shit internet practices anyways?

Yahoo had a billion users?

yahoo was at point the internet for most people, newfag

..and even Asia liked that shit! Now they just block the global crap and make their own services.

I still use my yahoo email from 2003

It's the Google of Japan for some reason though, half their users are gooks.

To be fair the Japs actually rejected web 2.0 and all the bloat that came with it. I'd certainly rather go here than most other big modern mail/news sites: yahoo.co.jp/

Yuck, why did they have to surrender before we dropped a third bomb?

How does this happen? Do they suddenly decide to replace their whole workforce, or do they first hire only a small number, then really enjoy the pajeets and hire some more?

At least it looks better than material cancer.

Nothing "went wrong" with Yahoo.

They were a piece of shit when they were founded. They were a piece of shit when the current CEO took over. And they are still a piece of shit today.

Nothing "went wrong" with Yahoo.

They were a piece of shit when they were founded. They were a piece of shit when the current CEO took over. And they remain a piece of shit today.

someone's been a bad girl

She's pretty hot. I like Yahoo now!

I'd Yahoo! with her if you know what I mean

swfchan.com/1/4127/