AMD Ryzen to support Windows 7

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.computerbase.de/2017-02/amd-ryzen-am4-treiber-windows-7/&prev=search

THE NEW XP

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-there-will-be-no-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7/
archive.is/5TXlZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't care, all the intelligent people are using W8/8.1 anyway

1 Rupee has been deposited into your account.

That sound you hear is a hundred Microsoft execs and VPs shitting their pants. Thank you based AMD!

what the fuck is this retarded article. AMD doesn't even know when the fuck it is releasing Ryzen, let alone if they will go back on their word to support OS before W10

March 3rd Mr Shekelsberg

based AMD
now they only need to release a Ryzen subcategory without PSP

PSP is the only thing stopping me from upgrading the instant it releases, it would stupid for AMD to follow Intel in only supporting Window's ten with their new processor as they would be cutting themselves out of a sizable un addressed market. Hopefully there will be a super low power (~

How many sales do you think AMD missed out on because they couldn't release the fucking 490 in a reasonable amount of time?

Botnet/drm cpu

I'm not sure how credible this source is, everybody else is reporting issues with kaby lake on anything other than 10.

Plus this was a Microsoft decision to drop support, to force people to upgrade. Even if AMD does create the proper drivers for 7 and 8, Microsoft could push a simple update saying "if CPU =Zen, disable x features".

All the AM1 CPUs are bottnetted brah. AMD introduced PSP with the jaguar cores.

Guess you'll just have to stop being autistic, then.

FX series is still safe and we could start bombarding AMD with requests for PSP-free Ryzen because muh free software. Maybe we will make them release one. At least they are not as shitty as intel aviv and nividia

Sorry lad, turns out it's false.

at least we still have loonix

Even if russia or china bring competition cpus that have no NSA backdoor, they will be full of commie spyware. Fuck this gay earth

There is literally nothing stopping Windows versions older than 10 from running on Kaby Lake. Kaby Lake is pretty much identical to Skylake, the hardware itself is virtually the same. Microsoft just said they're dropping support for older Windows on Kaby Lake, that doesn't mean it wont run perfectly fine. Microsoft is just saying that to scare businesses into upgrading their shit

Dell is still selling skylake boxes with W7 and still will support it until 2020. This is from the IT dept at work.

AMD, YOU FUCKERS

pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-there-will-be-no-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7/
archive.is/5TXlZ

I guess Linux + Win10 VM will be the way to go? Really fucking hope I am not retarded enough to successfully set that up, but I have a strong suspicion that I am.

I thought that with most VM's the CPU is not the bare metal but a "software" one (at least that is the case with Virtualbox and likely qeum). Also AMD's GPU's should still support Windows 7 seeing as it supposedly still has around as third of the market.

With QEMU if you're emulating a different architecture of course the CPU has to be emulated, but virtualbox can use the virtualization capabilities of the CPU instead. Very basically, what that does is let Virtualbox deal with interrupts instead of the kernel.