Holla Forums Is Goku a Superhero?

Holla Forums Is Goku a Superhero?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=75gUJ_4SyY0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes, but being a superhero does not Holla Forums material make

Implying 80% of comics are not capeshit

I don't get how Goku can't imbue his body to be impervious to damage, as we know vacuum, magma/lava and a well placed shot when hebis completely calm and oblivious can kill him…

DBZ characters are genuine glass cannons.

He was. Now he's a DB Super sellout.

fuck off

No.

The dub completely got Goku's character wrong. He isn't Superman.

He's solely interested in becoming a better fighter. He'll defend and save his friends. But he's much more interested in getting a good fight. If he saves the world or the universe along with that then it's an added bonus.

At least they've fixed that since.
TFW Goku's dub actor is a self-described purist and pushed to include the full name

Friendly Reminder the next dragon ball Super story arc will be the return of CELL

But why?
Cant we see Gohan becoming a badass instead?
Also what the fuck happened to the animation.

No, as a key part of the superhero genre is a secret identity. Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker, that sort of thing.

Goku isn't a superhero as Goku is simply Goku, not The Great Saiyaman.

Goku is a super hero in the same sense that Mario is.

The Fantastic Four aren't superheros?

I wouldn't call Reed a super hero.

animation crews are getting lazy, especially with everything going digital. I've also noticed that they reserve good animators for the more important episodes and probably have the "interns" or whatever they are working on the filler. The jump in quality between episodes can be pretty ridiculous.

Toei have people working in places like Thailand, India and China to do their animating for them. When it comes to the Chinese the old adage is true 'You get what you pay for'

yes they use martial arts and shit to achieve super powers.

and who gives a fuck if they don't have secret identities. in all the capeshit nowadays everyone's real name is used casually among everyone.

He uses his ki to create a defensive shield around him.

noice user.

Wow I forgot how bad DBZ was

You could probably turn it into something decent if you cut out 90% of it.

I heard he hates TFS and got ran off twitter because people kept harassing him about it and DB Super.
Goku is truly the hero we need.

The early days of the funimation dub was pretty bad. At the time iirc, they were trying to imitate the voices made by the old voice actors who did the ocean dub, and as a result sounded terrible.

Dragon Ball Kai fixed most of the issues with the script and VA's

This is how you spot someone who doesn't actually watch anime.

What is wrong with pic 4 tho

Neither of those are exactly true, Satan. He's said he's doesn't watch it a lot but thinks it's funny and would even do voices for them if it wasn't for the fact that he could get fired for it. As for Super I don't know how he feels exactly, it did partially fulfill one of his hopes for it with an evil Goku, but he does get annoyed that people keep asking him about it on twitter.

Doesn't Goku actually keep his power secret as of Z? It's why Videl's dad is considered the strongest fighter.

The main characters generally do stuff off-world or out in the middle of nowhere so it makes sense that most earthlings wouldn't know a lot about them.

They're all so powerful that attending the Budokai would be pointless anyway. This allows people like Hurcule and Videl to become king of the normies.

It has to suck for someone like Yamucha being damn near invulnerable by human standards but completely useless against even a minor threat within his circle.

very few people know about their strength, but it's sorta like one punch man, in the sense that he is never credited, but doesn't go looking for glory.

Also, Videl's dad steals a lot of the credit. He claimed to beat cell, accused goku of using light shows and tricks, and got credit for beating majin buu

I've never understood what makes a z fighter a z fighter. Why are Yamcha, Roshi, and Krillin so badass for humans but no one else is? Why can't Chichi or Videl learn any energy moves or anything?

And why the fuck are Goku's and Vegeta's kids stronger than they are despite being only half saiyan? And if you accept GT as cannon, his grandkids are even stronger. It's like sayian powers work on homeopathic laws.

IIRC, the line is that sayin powers work like the hulk in that the more in the heat of your emotions you are, the more powerful you can be. Goku is too retarded and Vegeta is too prideful and apparently just sayins in general are shit at being in touch with their emotions, while humans are comparably good at it. Hence, being part human makes them better able to tap their sayin power.

Now you gave me idea of crossover Zatanna and Goku.

They are fucking of course. What is this, puritan central board?

They have had training with everyone from God to Kaioh in the afterlife. They just come from a different world of martial arts and are more in tune and adept to stuff like energy blasts.

It's brought up a bit after the Raditz fight. Half-lings have more power for whatever reason. So much so that Nappa ask Vegeta why not breed with a whole bunch of human women to get a whole bunch of strong half-lings. Vegeta says he doesn't want to cause then they'd be stronger than them.

Official DC universe cross over with Dragon ball when?

He doesn't steal it though. The Z-Fighters decide it's a better idea to let him get the fame.

Chichi and Videl surely would be able to do it, but they never trained as hard. You forget that Roshi and Krillin had the most badass training ever. Same with Tien and Chiaozu. Regarding Yamcha, he's also incapable of anything above wolf fist before his training with Roshi.

Regarding Goku and Vegetas kids, I like to imagine they are born at the current level of their fathers when they were conceived.
But I bet Toriyama that sellout son of a bitch came up with a much shittier, more complicated explanation that contradicts most other things happening.

Because he friggin forgot his own work and just keeps making shit up for money.

Improved it. Because fuck you, that's why.

I'd like to see Goku and Superman fucking up dudes like Darkseid.

Thats from the TV nicktoons audio but whatever.

>>>/a/

They aren't
It isn't
Pan can't even go Super Saiyan

forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=75gUJ_4SyY0

3/5 of your images are recent examples

My bad I picked the one I did for length and avoided that one because I didn't want to get
as a reply

I hope Cell creates his own Dragon Balls. That would actually be kind of interesting.

Doesn't he have a nightmare about frieza killing his family and planet earth?

He did, but the english dub went out of it's way to make Goku much more like superman in the truth and justice department. Whereas usually he just wants to fight but also has some concept of stopping evil people from doing bad things typically though he spares them not from a moral code but because he thinks they may reflect on their loss to change their ways and come back as a new sparring partner for him.