Is it wrong to "wear a wire" and record your life?

I have been recording every minute of my life (audio ) since the 23rd with an app on my phone. Ive spent time around my friends and family and havent told them they're being recorded.
At first I thought I would upload them somewhere but I realized very fast that showing them to anyone would be crossing the line. In my opinion, making recordings for my own personal reference and never showing them to anyone is not a breach of privacy.

You could argue from their perspective "How do I know you're not going to use them against me? This is why it bothers me." They would just have to trust me. How do I know THEY have never recorded ME? If I asked any of them then they would deny it, and I would just have to trust them. Same shit. Besides, the NSA and CIA are listening to everyone's phones anyway. Everyone knows this and doesn't care, so a bunch to government employees hearing everything you do is ok, but when someone you know does it, that's wrong. That makes a lot of fuckin sense.

The reason I'm doing this in the first place is because I've always wanted to keep a journal so that I can look back at my past. My short attention span has never let me do it for longer than a day. Now I can record things automatically and passively. All I have to do is back it up on an external hard drive when my phone gets full. I can keep up with that amount of effort.

At least you'll always have an alibi if you're falsely accused.

What app?

if i knew you'd record everything i say i wouldn't talk to you anymore. i don't care how close we were.

Your loved ones' privacy is already comprimised.

Their privacy has been compromised by the federal government for years

Nice doublethink

if i knew that the government tapes my calls / wired my house i would also behave different (when it comes to phones and the internet i already do). if i knew for sure they would listen to everything i'd say i wouldn't say specific things.

if i knew you would tape all our conversations i would also try to prevent you from taping me

The vast majority of people do not think this way. They have the kind of cognitive dissonance that lets them say the most personal and sensitive things, even have sex and get naked next to their phone and in front of an untaped webcam.

If you follow this to it's logical conclusion and really analyze it, it means that they are far more comfortable with a faceless government agency, run by people they don't know, and who don't care about them at all, having video and audio documentation of these things (and you have no clue what they're going to do with them, and every reason to believe it will be used against you), than they are with someone they know and trust having recordings of these things (who says they just want the only form of a journal that they can possibly keep).

People are not like you. They don't acknowledge that the government is watching and listening, and then augment their behaviour appropriately. They acknowledge what the government does, and then continue to live their lives as though they have full 100% privacy.

Who actually thinks the government spying is ok here? nobody

This is a good idea. I may start doing this myself.

I think it's a pretty good idea if you are a man. Seeing how accusation is proof of guilt these days, it could save your ass.

i do it all the time. you can blackmail so hard it'll make your head spin.
planning on using said audio to destroy the wedding.

ALSO WANNA KNOW

You have the right to keep an audio record of your life user, fuck anyone who tries to tell you otherwise. But you should honestly keep it a secret to avoid conflict, just do it for your own personal needs. Just make sure you live in a state with one party consent wiretapping laws if you ever plan to be able to use what you record as evidence or show to other people.

amazing mp3 recorder

That's hot. Got any pics?

How is that any different than just having a real good memory on something?

You're right. I forgot I can go to the store and buy a photographic/photographic memory. Silly me

*Phonographic

If you have a really strong photographic memory (as well as good art skills) then you could easily recreate every image frame of your memory by hand.

lot of kikes in here