Fact: Revenge of the Sith featured the best opening sequence of any of the seven feature Star Wars films so far...

Fact: Revenge of the Sith featured the best opening sequence of any of the seven feature Star Wars films so far. Regardless how you feel about the content of the rest of the film, even if the rest of the movie were nothing but Jar Jar Binks farting into the camera, this is the truth.

I actually like the Clonewars 2d cartoon ending that leads up to right before this scene.

I still don't get why the Buzz Droids didn't just drill a hole through the glass in Obi-Wan's cockpit like they do in this scene.

Apparently this battle, and technically most of the rest of the Revenge of the Sith, would have actually taken place off-screen during the final four episode arc of the 3D series. The first episode would have been Obi-Wan and Anakin preparing to lead their forces to invade the planet Mandalore where Darth Maul was hiding out, but they get recalled to Coruscant to rescue the Chancellor, so Anakin sends the 501st under Captain Rex to take down Maul without them, and Ahsoka decides to accompany them even though she isn't a Jedi anymore, and Anakin knows about it. We last see Anakin and Obi-Wan departing to Coruscant. The final episode would have been Ahsoka and Rex vs Maul, during which Order 66 is activated and the clones, with the exception of Rex, turn on Ahsoka, considering her to still be technically a Jedi, Rex having removed his behavioral chip after the events with Fives in Season 6. Rex and Ahsoka are forced to flee, as does Maul. The series ends with Ahsoka, Rex, and Maul ending up on the run separately, as the Republic is transformed into the Empire, and Ahsoka receives the news that Anakin and Obi-Wan have been killed with the rest of the Jedi. Though the series was cancelled, these events were confirmed canon by the canon novel "Ahsoka", and Rex's mention of fighting with Ahsoka at the Siege of Mandalore in Season 2 of Rebels.

tl;dr The Clone Wars was going to end concurrently with the events of Episode III and involved Ahsoka, Rex, and Darth Maul fighting on Mandalore.

They can jump out of hyperspace extremely close to a planet. So close in fact that there would be little time to react. Yet, the Empire builds giant space lasers when you could slap hyperdrive engines on a large asteroid, and autopilot it right into any planet you wanted.

What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

I never could tell for sureā€¦ Was it normal to not give a shit about clones in this universe or was it normal to feel like clones were humans deserving rights like others?

He was high energy.

That sounds good. Though it makes me wonder how it would fit in the continuity with the Genndy series. It always seemed the continuity of those 2 shows clashed.

I feel like the Genndy series was pretty much already considered non-canon by the Clone Wars development team even before the Disney buy out. The Disney buy out just confirmed it. To be fair, the continuity of a lot of pre-Disney works clashed pretty badly as well too. The Genndy series and the novel Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno directly contradicted each other by both establishing rival accounts of what Obi-Wan and Anakin were doing immediately prior to the Battle of Coruscant, as well as the battle itself.

Ah I see now. I guess it's probably best to enjoy each as their own separate thing then.

That's the intro that was directed by (((Spielberg))), right?

Holla Forums is garbage

Holla Forums is where Redditors go to complain about Reddit to other Redditors.

The first 15 minutes is why I never finished the movie. Lots of colors and explosions without tension or consequences isn't thrilling.

sounds like dogshit, and it's an even bigger slap in the face to the genndy series. I'm very pleased it was cancelled.

It's canon though, and the Genndy series isn't.

WHY DIDNT THEY DO THIS

Because the logical consequences of FTL travel break almost any setting.

Because they didn't know how to bypass the compressor, silly.

How come part of his wing gets blown off and he keeps flying like nothing happened?

Wings are actually pretty pointless outside of an atmosphere.

Agreed.

Agreed.

this is why there was a canon hierarchy, books were second to tv shows and movies. the genndy show was the initial way, but the cgi show took preference whenever the two clashed, otherwise they would exist side by side. since it seems like the four part finale didn't show the actual invasion, we could still go by genndy's show, minus whatever character retcons exist (i.e. grievous having normal chest to crushed chest via mace dindu, starting the cough vs already having the cough due to a botched operation).

this but unironically