Mfw qt5.8 breaks on everything

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gentoo/libressl
valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi/hacking/porting_redux.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They should have just copied TeX and started approximating pi.

Qt3.141592653589793238462643

wew

(observed)
Fucking heretic scum.

Could be worse. I had to roll back gtk+3 because it broke half the programs that used it. Even with the old version, a couple programs still don't work.

I'm still on Qt4. There's no way I'm ever dealing with this shitfest of a framework again. I'd remove it if a single program I need didn't use it.
I mean, look at this bullshit:
What kind of braindamage do you need as a developer to think implementing the Julian calendar in a framework is okay?

You're doing something wrong, I'm using Qt4 with LibreSSL right now. What distro are you using?

fucking faggots

what do you suggest, nerd?

GTK+3 has been broken for months now. I had to roll back to the previous version which only breaks a few things.

Gentoo but current libressl removed the SSL2 API and Qt throws a shit fit over it.

What does it need it for?

I always find funny how the guys that get the weirdest errors ("hurr, Firefox uses 10 GB of RAM at startup", "GTK/QT breaks every five minutes", "systemd crashes my entire PC and rapes my cat every time I turn my PC on") turn out to have the memest, most time-consuming distros.

Seriously guys, if you want a system that works, use Debian, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Fedora (aka: distros done and maintained by people that know what they're doing) instead of "m-muh Gentoo", "Arch since I'm 1773", Slackware or whatever 3-user bullshit you found on Distro Watch.

Seriously guys. It's time to stop pretending. Nobody cares about your sudo make install skills if you spend 10 hours a week trying to unfuck a broken system.

Firefox is still bloated and slow on Debian, and systemd still sucks.
But I agree in general.

Fuck if I know. Nothing good.

Yeah, just stop try to understand what you do. Just do like me, a lazy bitch who just installed something prepacked, enjoying pushing a single button to do everything automatically.

You know, you're the reason why hacking is doing down nowdays in its true spirit.
Breaking things up, passing time reparing them, sometimes nearly reinventing the wheel, that's fucking hacking.

Now, you seems to be wageslave who likes sucking the balls of your boss. You're even using shit like atom, or visualstudio I bet (don't want to troll vim too much, but it's certainly a corporate tool).
Just leave the fuck out of here.

Learn to read. I literally said that you should use Debian, etc. If you want a system that works.

I keep an Arch install in my laptop and I tried Slack for a while back in the day, but I don't go around sperging about software breaking when I broke it.

All these retards shitting on QT, GTK, Firefox, VLC or whatever because they can't install or configure it properly should use another OS or fix their shit.

I'm just tired of the same fucking thread every day with the same fucking autists every day screeching "Y is shit" because they can't into proper system maintenance and them getting defensive when called out.

Maybe I should take a break from tech-related threads and forums.

you literally have no idea what you're talking about

Debian is shit, Manjaro is superior.

Why?

qt is pretty spastic and hard to figure out. I didn't try it out for very long or anything though. But I am pretty impressed by software that uses it so maybe it's worth it

QT is always shit.

It's easy af. You just have to remember that Qt brings its own C++ standard library because it was developed at a time where there wasn't a good one, and that instead of fucking shit up with templates everywhere they rely on the moc for some stuff.

Also even fucking web devs can learn how to use QML.

what the fuck do you use then that has native widgets

Yo,
Are you using the official libressl overlay?
github.com/gentoo/libressl

The qtnetwork maintainer in the qtproject is too lazy to support libressl officially so we have support as patches in the overlay.

I'm lluixhi if you need qt4-qtnetwork fixed and it's not already in the overlay, let me know.

lluixhi?

Oh hi m712 ;)

Whatchu up to lad? Where've you been? We miss u ;_;
come to #nextchan plox

Yeah, I can hop back onto IRC.

never ever
is josh still fagging it up

This.

Qt seems to have a habit of breaking things.

valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi/hacking/porting_redux.html

qt is bloated piece of shit

I am, didn't know it had Qt4 stuff though because your ebuilds are out of date