will it be worth it to get the 4k video? also onboard wifi and bluetooth

looks like it will be 68 dollars if you want to preorder one from the UK

is it just a crappy raspberry pi clone?

I think ill be buying one either way

Other urls found in this thread:

asrock.com/mb/AMD/QC5000-ITXPh/
sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/DS1307.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

EDIT: it doesnt look like this is their first involvement with a SBC as they were involved with the UP board

That's binary blob-shit, right?

Don't fall for the SBC meme I fell for it 2 times, RPIb and Cubieboard 2. Here's what I use now: asrock.com/mb/AMD/QC5000-ITXPh/

im not sure it seems to be a cortex.. something something

good idea.. could i make it boot into kodi directly? also could i make it into a router?

They missed the point in an SBC.

Depends on the use case. SBCs are extremely useful.

I don't remember what thread it was in but some user was bitching that SBCs never have a RTC or persistent hardware clock. I mean, as new SBCs get released they practically never have this feature.

I propose that this feature is "problematic" to governments because it makes SBCs easily applicable to advanced improvised explosive devices. I cannot think of any other reason why such a simple and useful feature would be omitted from such cheap computers. Anybody else have another explanation? I realize this is off-topic for this thread but it is something that has been bothering me for awhile.

And not just IEDs but other applications that would be useful in a war or insurrection. You can sell fairly powerful computers for $9 now but ONLY if they do not have this feature, because that makes it too easy to do things that are bad

To put it another way: Do you want time? Connect to the botnet.

And yeah, you can add a persistent clock to any SBC, but it adds significant cost and is not some ready to roll thing you can order from anywhere

that can't be the reason can it? I had a notebook with a fucked up cmos clock and it was a pain in the fucking arse and chewed up the logs and file creation dates every time I rebooted it.

It's cheaper to buy an old Nokia or a Casio than an SBC, what a retarded comment

Not necessarily. There's a Rockchip Chromebook which is pretty much fully libre.

The Odroid C1+ has that. I think the C2 does too. They don't come with batteries though, you need to supply that yourself.
If someone was desperate to make a timebomb all they'd need is a DIP timer thing. Literally the first result: sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/DS1307.pdf Hook that up to an Arduino or something and you've got a timer to activate stuff with.

No that's allwinner shit

Just run a local NTP server, what's the problem? Even the shittiest MIPS sitting in between a modem and your network can run one.

But it doesn't say anything about the actual processor itself. Its like comparing a 3 GHz Sempron to a 2.8 GHz Core i5 and saying the Sempron is better.
On what benchmark?
This is valid enough.
But I doubt it would actually be able to OUTPUT at that resolution with good performance.
Again, makes sense
Thats horse shit. The RPI doesn't have 48K output.
Why do you need an antenna? It barely adds anything other than physcial bloat size.
Its funny how they didn't highlight that the RPi had better bluetooth
Again, why does this matter? The SDIO pins on the RPi are fine.
KODI ISN'T A FUCKING OPERATING SYSTEM YOU RETARDS

Besides, there are so many better boards out there, like the Beaglebone Black and Orange Pi. This looks like shit.

beautiful digits confirm, its pointless.

The lack of meaningful comparisons (model numbers, megabytes of binary blob required) means it's almost certainly pozzed.

what projects have you done with beaglebone black or orange pi?

Surveillance system. I'm about to begin on a cable-pulling bot.

Seems bretty cool. Of all the SBCs, I tend to favor the Odroid most.

Rockchip (well, probably an earlier version) was used in the old, super cheap Pandigital tablets. Source: recently was given one to play with. The version I have has a Cortex A8 and all the other goodies you need to build a tablet, on one chip (video, sound, etc). Probably the same here, some new updated version of the chip with 4K video etc.

Addendum: just checked out the Wikipedia entry on Rockchip... seems there is an agreement with Intel to get their architecture in the tablet market, and Asus is a PC maker, so maybe this isn't Arm town anymore....

Allwinner chink pls go

Has anyone managed to do low-latency audio on a SBC, using a DAC on the I2S bus? Some people have apparently managed to run JACK but that's with USB sound cards.
I have RT preemption and low latency settings, no matter what I do the audio always skips. I have tried to bypass JACK and program directly with ALSA and SCHED_RR, no luck either.
This does not seem be from a lack of CPU resource. I expected better of the Odroid-C2 than the RPi1, but nope it still won't let me have 5ms latency.
If someone has managed RT-audio with I2S I'm very curious.

I love how the posters here are complaining about binary blobs and not realizing that the RK3288 is the same SoC that the Asus C201 Chromebook uses, and the Asus C201 is the newest mainstream computer that can use full FOSS firmware. If this does end up being able to run full FOSS firmware it will be a massive improvement over current options. The most powerful SoC I know of currently that can be used with full FOSS firmware is the Allwinner A20 which is a dual core ARM Cortex A7 generally clocked at around 1 GHz, while the Rockchip RK3288 is a quad core ARM Cortex A17 that can be clocked at 1.8 GHz. As of right now I'm unaware of any ARM v8 based SoCs that don't require blobs to boot and Wikipedia appears to list the the ARM Cortex A17 as being the most powerful ARM v7 core made so this could be the best there is for a while.

To add a bit more about that last point. The Allwinner A20 was announced in December of 2012 and the Rockchip RK3288 was announced in June of 2014, so that nothing newer and more powerful that hasn't been marketed as a high end workstation that costs thousands of dollars has been capable of running full FOSS firmware is rather worrying.

would rather hope for the SiFive or lowRISC SoCs instead