AB distro poll

Discuss. Arch is for autists confirmed. Gentoo at 9% is pretty surprising.

When will people learn... It's not Linux, it's GNU/Linux or GNU plus Linux. By omitting GNU your autism level decreases by 20.

lol faggot

Why not Lignux?

Because that sounds even more stupid than adding ganoo to the beginning of Linux. Personally, I don't see the point. Linux as the name removes nothing from ganoo

It does, though.

Arch is the only distro that doesn't get in my fucking way, honestly. I run it with GNOME, so I'm obviously not a ricer, but versus Debian or even Fedora it's a no brainer. As for Gentoo, I don't have time to maintain a meta-distribution.
Congrats on making yet another Linux distro shitflinging thread.

Oh, and side note, I only started using it after they cleaned up their act with package signing and various other fuckups.

Lignux.

Not Fuduntu Linux, the took the GNU, out of GNU/Linux.

Checkmate Stallmanites.

The GNU/Linux name should only apply to systems that actively depend up the GNU OS that are also paired with the Linux program.

That slash doesn't make any sense though. Is it "GNU or Linux"? Or "GNU out of Linux"? Plus is much better.

The slash is synonymous to "with" or "plus" or "and". GNU with Linux, GNU plus Linux, GNU and Linux, GNU/Linux.

Instull lignux

Gentoo's expensive maintenance is a myth, only the installation takes some time.

sage for obvious reasons

GANOOLIX PLUS LINGUS

Arch broke today after I didn't notice the kernel update broke the dkms build of ZFS.
Why is the open source file system situation so terrible?
ZFS = interoperates with most FOSS systems + Mac, Linux support not great
Btrfs = Linux only, experimental forever, fucked my data once, never again
Ext* = Linux only, no transparent compression

This is because your information is bad and you should feel bad.

Or GNU can fuck off and stop injecting itself into everything.