Upcoming Movies

Two, technically, Marvel movies. Two different companies. No one here is gonna actually watch them or like them if they do, not that you'd be unjustified, but let's bitch about the trailers for now.

Only difference just seems to be that one shot you posted. Not like it'll matter.

Guardians trailer is real short, but I don't even need a trailer to be excited for it.

Logan looks interesting. I have no interest in Mark Millar's Old Man Logan story (as I feel Millar is a huge hack), but this looks like it could be real good. We've had Jackman as Wolverine for so long now, I'm interested to see how they'll send him off. The whole X-Men movie universe has had a lot of ups and downs in quality, so I'm glad this might be a high point.

They look mildly interesting.
Logan looks better than I expected, and probably best out of all X-Men related movies. Hopefully they won't try to cram in the rest of the cast from other films and ruin the movie. Wolverine, Professor, and X-23 is all that is needed.
Guardians is just more of the same, so it will be above average comedy. Not a fan of having tiny Groot, and pink Mantis, but on the other hand there will be Kurt Russel in it too. Can't be any worse than what Bendis did with the franchise.

NOT FAIR

I think announcing that GotG will be in Avengers 3 killed all hype

This?

Not everybody here is hates everything.

Good for you, because Logan is clearly not an adaptation of it.

No but most people here do. Which is fine given the state of the western comic and cartoon industries being absolute shit. With little to nothing of real substance coming out to sustain us. We flock to anything that even has a minor amount of okay in it to the point that we circlejerk about it constantly. See the Loud House and Rebirth threads for examples. Cynicism doesn't come from no where. Most people these days are just too tired of all the shit that they wanna bother anymore with anything.

I like these two trailers. Hope they are good.

So will it finally show blood and be rated R?

I'm actually extremely happy about that. I know movie writers can do a lot of fix up Millar's shitty ideas, but this looks like the ONLY idea they took is "Logan gets old". That's the only really interesting part anyway.

And the focus on Prof. X, a girl, and Logan… that's basically all the people who really mattered in X-Men 1 (with the girl being Rogue back then). A core theme for Wolverine since he's joined the X-Men has been him being a gruff uncle character to the young girl we happen to be seeing this odd mishmash of characters through, and it's that nurturing side hidden underneath his beserker rage that helps make him such a compelling character. They seem to be focusing on those core character traits, and that's a smart decision overall.

The downside of this being an Old Man Logan adaptation:

Basically the coolest things will be missing. Whatever happens here won't be as cool as the comic. Not even close.

It's not at all.

Only because they have no rights to anything cool from the story.

Exactly!
But making it R Rated and making it a desert road movie with two old farts - that's totally Old Man Logan.

Also, I bet 5 bucks that the movie will have the "Logan killed everyone" twist.

Step it up normalfag

They turned old man Logan into the Last of Us. Predictable.

all I know is that this hand bugs the shit out of me

Cockmongler's disease.

These movies'll be shit. Considering Marvel's track record with its movies, I doubt these'll turn out well.

I hold my daughters hand all the time and there's no way she could hold my whole hand like that.

Good catch user.

I just want more Rocket Raccoon

Thank you, I thought I was the only one to notice that.