Windows hate thread

With all these /g/ faggots shilling Wangblows, lets have a classic hate thread.
Post memes, critical bugs, and general shitting on Micro$haft.

Other urls found in this thread:

itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html
oklabs.net/skype-reverse-engineering-the-long-journey/
crowdsupply.com/onpon4/hexoshi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just remember goyim, working is a privilege
you better work 80hours a week

just to add:
Idiocracy is a 2006 movie that describes how our future will look like. It is a society populated by retards who use energy drinks for watering their plants. If you have not watched it yet, do it.

gaymen fags btfo

Fuck you, I'll use whatever hardware I damn well feel like. This line is so ambiguous it's not even funny.

This is the same service that will uninstall software that the deem isn't Windows 10 compatible or isn't "within" their terms. What a load of shit.

Everytime I show this to people they want a source. It's obviously legit though.

This explains why even on the strongest of machines it's slow as balls. (Yeah Yeah I know about Skype, but my mom uses it, there's just fights that aren't worth the effort).

Is total shit I can confirm as someone who has done work with Win32. Grab the older docs from their older compilers, things are better documented there.

Oh so that's why when people bitch at me about Windows update why nothing fixes it, they literally fucked up.

Most Windows program run fine with Wine unless you are running some very badly designed software, which based on how people test an OS string rather than version number, I'm not surprised.

Anyone have that decade old list of bugs that still aren't fixed?

"Windows is shit because it works and Spies on me"

"Linux is good because it breaks and to common knowledge may or may not spy on me"

🤔

t. Apple Shill
"We only need one holeâ„¢"

The problem with this is that even if we had source we shouldn't share it because the Microsoft developer would be destroyed by Microsoft for saying that.

I don't know if you understand how wine works but let get onto it.
Wine is a very clever hack.
Wine basically reverse engineered how some windows binaries works and made them into a posix compatible standart so that windows compatible software works.
But it's not always how shit works.
If a game does it's how optimization internally you can have reverse engineered all of windows , it simply won't work.
That's why a lot of games aren't working to optimal capacity.

But if we had source code (under gpl) of the said software/games (and hardware) it would be a blast and I am pretty sure that now one would have to buy a GPU in the next five years or more.
Exploiting correctly hardware and software is extremely important user most people don't see or understand this.

holy kek. MOAR PREASE!!!!!

saving these to remind me to never use winshit 10 except in a VM

They've used the same exact Control Panel interface since Windows 7 though. I think that image is bullshit

You can't prove a negative.

I'm going to take that English may not be your first language.

But anyways, I knew sort of how Wine worked.

Depending on the application it isn't an issue now. I didn't make it clear in my previous post, but what I meant was older software. Most older things work fine, a few a bit slower, but I always figured that CPU speeds would be fast enough eventually that it would be minimal.

Make sure you lock it down hard. It will rape any network connection it finds.

This?
itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html

linux breaks for people who have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

This. You'd have to really be an idiot to break anything unless you're using bleeding edge testing versions of distros.

No, this explains why Skype is slow as balls on every machine:
oklabs.net/skype-reverse-engineering-the-long-journey/

would it be smart to trash my windows 7 gaming partition and install XP on it? My graphics card and mobo have drivers for it but I am not sure if I will be able to activate this as support for xp ended in 2014. Also, does anyone know if XP has this genuine activation nag faggotry?

No, you'd be replacing a shitty Microsoft OS with a shitty Microsoft OS. Expand your linux partition over top of it.

Enjoy being infected with a RAT.

but muh gaymez

well, running any windows system would mean you have to automatically assume it is compromised. As I only use my windows partition for games (mostly older games from pre 2011) I would not care that much for top security.

Agreed

bump

What the fuck happened

Are we ever going to be able to completely jettison Winblows for games? Or is this going to be an eternal issue of having to either choose between Dual boot options that are tricky to do cuz of Mircosoft cocksuckery, or VMs that are always slow as shit and not really that responsive?

Dual booting isn't tricky though. Just make sure you install windicks fist. Other than that it's pretty simple.

Personally, I just jettisoned games. All the Windows headaches outweighed any pleasure I got from gaming.

Other people are free to make their own choice, of course. But it IS an option.

Ah, what great, high quality discussion.
No wonder this shit board is dead.

Meh. Between emulators, Wine, native, and even open source games (mainly Wesnoth and The Dark Mod) there is enough to keep me occupied, gaming-wise, on Linux.

My primary gayming machine is a VM on a ESXi host. It isnt slow as shit or unresponsive. You passthrough GPUs with VT-d, set latency sensitivity to high, and reserve 100% of the CPU and RAM resources. The only way it would be slow is if your disk subsystem sucks and youre runninng a lot of VMs. I run about 50 VMs on 8x SATA SSDs in a RAID 0 and it works fine.

That pretty much sums up your post.

You only need Wangblows for current flavor-of-the-month garbage, as said you already have a massive library of good games that even if you start playing now are unlikely to finish for decades.

there is literally no reason to install W10 if your machine has drivers for W7 or XP.

The problem with wine is that the devs don't want it to be good. The one time it was good and worked for goddamn everything is when a google dev made their test-cases actually work. I remember then, everything worked. They could literally make 99% work great if they just make their own testcases pass but they won't do that because of shekels.

So this is what consumers put up with these days? Fuck me.

Has long that the Gaming industry is going to be what it is, no.
Bu I believe that if players began to understand what is happening and understand the possibilities of libre gaming.
Their can be a new start of software gaming development.

For that gamers must understand that:
-If the games doesn't work on another platform it's the developers fault not the platform.
It would be possible to make it compatible if the source code was under gpl.
-The modding community will become godlike.
-Less (can be removed) or no more unreasonable DRMs.

Their are some promising small starts like the metroid like hexoshy
crowdsupply.com/onpon4/hexoshi
Even if it's coded in python it's still something.
Honestly for what the devs is making he could have used sly/guile.

I did the same I just play/pay some small libre games from time to time.

No, user, you're just an idiot. If you have to go windows pretty much anything but win10 should be your choice.

What are all the games that are Windows 10 only?
I know about the 2 GoW games, ReCore, Killer Instinct, the 2 Forza racing games and...what else?
Its a shame about KI and Forza but they aren't worth upgrading to blatant spyware that is in many ways inferior to Windows 7.

This fucking triggers me. Not because GTA V hasn't got a 850R model, but that FH3 is Win10 only.

Realistically, I can jettison it right now. I don't play new video games anymore. The only ones I do play on occasion are easily emulated.

What host are you using? Please don't say VMWare shit

Bluetooth Support Service
DataCollectionPublishingService
dmwappushsvc
Remove Desktop Services
Remote Registry
Sensor Monitoring Service
Sensor Service
Windows Error Reporting
Xbox Live Auth Manager
Xbox Live Game Save
Xbox Live Networking Service
Microsoft/Windows/Application Experience/Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser
Microsoft/Windows/Application Experience/ProgramDataUpdater
Microsoft/Windows/DiskDiagnostic/Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector
Microsoft/Windows/Customer Experience Improvement Progeam/Consolidator
Microsoft/Windows/Customer Experience Improvement Progeam/KernelCeipTask
Microsoft/Windows/Customer Experience Improvement Progeam/UsbCeip
Allow Cortana - Disable
Allow input personalization - Disable
Allow search and Cortana to use location - Disable
Allow Telemetry - Enable and set options to "0 - Off [Enterprise Only]"
Allow the use of biometrics - Disable
Configure Automatic Updates - Disable
Disable pre-release features or settings - Disable
Disable Windows Error Reporting - Enable
Do not allow web search - Enable
Do not send additional data - Enabled
Don't search the web or display web results in Search - Enable
Enable/Disable PrefTrack - Disable
Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage - Enable
Set what information is shared in Search - Enabled and set options to "Anonymous Info"
Turn off Application Telemetry - Enabled
Turn off Automatic Learning - Enabled
Turn off handwriting personalization data sharing - Enabled
Turn off handwriting recognition error reporting - Enabled
Turn off Inventory Collector - Enabled
Turn off Managing SmartScreen Filter for Internet Explorer 8 - Enable
Turn off Steps Recorder - Enabled
Turn off the Windows Messenger Customer Experience Improvement Program - Enabled
Turn off the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program - Enabled
Turn off Windows Defender - Enabled

I was setting up a new win10 laptop lately and it kept doing things like this. Whole screen is one color and some stupid text in the middle. It felt so fucking creepy, it's like they're trying to instill in you the idea that you don't own your computer. No progress bar no interaction, don't turn off your computer, basically "Fuck you, we're doing shit now, go away".
One time a laptop restarted all of a sudden and started updating for hours. At the end it showed one of these screens saying "Everything is right where it was", which is ironic, because it seemed like everything was gone from the desktop and user folder. Later it turned out that it wasn't gone, it's just that the update created a temporary guest account for some reason and logged into it instead of the usual or showing the logging screen. It makes me feel so dirty every time I have to deal with ms software. Similar thing happened when I was using some office thing. As I was working it popped a window with a loading animation "We're doing something" and wouldn't let me go back to the document.

Gas all normalfaggots.

you'll just have less games to play since no dx11
windows 7 is as good as windows system can get, there's no point of downgrading to xp unless you have an ancient computer and don't want all the bloat

That started with Windows 8

And after a critical security update
everything comes back to default

These fucking faggots can't do anything consistently.

what all should i disable on windows 8.1? (i know event logging, advert. id, updates)

i still don't get how this gif can only be like 1.83MB

You deserve your life to be filled with hatred.

Most of the pixels stay the same, most of the time. You don't need to store the whole surface for every frame. That gif is such that it changes very minimally, mostly you just need to repaint the mouse cursor, mouse hover effects, and wireshark packets flying by, while the rest of the screen is a static image. That's different from most other gifs where the whole surface is changing constantly.

Disable windows, pajeet.

A movie by Mike Judge maker of Beavis and Butthead, Office Space, Silicon Valley (series) and a series people here might also like, The Goode Family a cartoon about a do the right thing eco family.

Windows is a RAT so really it's not even a concern at the point you choose to use it