Loathsome's Eleven

Storytime of

Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat! #11

The basis of good storytelling, no matter what the story is, follows a very simple albeit vague formula. Things start off slow, they get worse, they get more worse, and then they eventually reach a critical point, and then they slow down again to a deserved ending. You may have seen this shown in a bell curve diagram in an English class. Because of this, I can safely say that Kate Leth is a misunderstood genius. While many comic runs are just constant ups and downs of action and heartbreak, Kate Leth decided to subvert the genre completely by having the entire run be in a much more massive bell curves.

The first nine issues start off with, some would argue, absolutely nothing happening as you and Marvel continue to waste time and energy and then it comes to a breathtaking fever pitch in issue 10, where Patsy confronts a demon and then Jubilee knocks it unconscious with one punch. Now, some of you might say "Holy fuck, this might be the most boring comic I've ever read", but you need to understand that Issue 11 of Hellcat is the much needed rest that our comic characters, and readers, deserve. But don't get too comfortable, because more danger lurks right around the corner!

That lobotomy didn't go as planned? Well, why not check out some more comics?!

1: web.archive.org/web/20160113031313/http://8ch.net/co/res/492838.html
2: web.archive.org/web/20160130161306/http://8ch.net/co/res/504680.html
3: web.archive.org/web/20160323202008/http://8ch.net/co/res/531344.html
4: web.archive.org/web/20160409195005/http://8ch.net/co/res/549577.html
5: web.archive.org/web/20160523093728/http://8ch.net/co/res/574171.html
6: web.archive.org/web/20160611133028/http://8ch.net/co/res/593605.html
7: web.archive.org/web/20160702131534/http://8ch.net/co/res/608870.html
8: web.archive.org/web/20160801042803/http://8ch.net/co/res/632896.html
9: web.archive.org/web/20160902011635/http://8ch.net/co/res/671823.html
10: web.archive.org/web/20161008230608/http://8ch.net/co/res/690187.html

Bonus Squirrel Girl - Choose Your Own Adventure:
web.archive.org/web/20160523093537/http://8ch.net/co/res/578827.html

Bonus Mockingbird - Endourment:
web.archive.org/web/20160617224134/http://8ch.net/co/res/600767.html

Bonus Jonesy - Lamer of Love:
web.archive.org/web/20160702131657/http://8ch.net/co/res/602206.html

Did you see the lil pun on the comic cover? Haha, don't stop Me-ow! That was going to be the title of this thread except me typing that made my liver curl into itself.

Anyways, mystery strikes as these four new girls break into someone's apartment! But who are they? And what are they after? And why does Lina look like Patsy with a different hairstyle? And why does Jin look like Hedy with a different hairstyle? And why does Ari look like the artist of this comic? And why does Zoe, the muscle, have the exact same body type of her cohorts and every other female in this comic who isn't SheHulk? Great questions! Which I'm sure will be answered in this comic!

Looks like these felons are felons of justice! Girls getting back at Zoe's abusive boyfriend for publicly slandering her sexual lifestyle! Don't think about the parallels of that too much, because these feisty felons have attracted the attention of feisty feline and high profile crime boss, The Black Cat!

The Black Cat wants these four strangers to join her crew! Because they spraypainted that dude's living room, you see! Black Cat has jackets for them to be easily identifiable for any law enforcement!

Meanwhile, Bailey is receiving hand to hand combat training from Patsy and Jubilee!

Patsy suggests that Ian use his telekinetic power to lift things and put them down again to become a superhero. Ian says that might be dangerous and declines. Patsy wonders why Ian is so emotionally unstable.

I really hate Black Cat's new costume.
The eye tits and the belt ruin the simplicity of it.

Patsy wonders why Ian is so absolutely angry at her, as the sheer display of his wrath caused her emotional grief. Patsy calls up to beg for his forgiveness.

But hark! It seems that the Black Cat, and her crew, the Black Cats, are spying on her and have figured out that Hellcat is actually Patsy Walker! She's already extremely well known from those romance comics. "You mean the ones published in the like the 50s from her mom? Young girls read those?" you say. Yes, those comics.

Not to mention the well known temp agency! "You mean the temp agency that has helped like one person maybe in the entire island of Manhattan?" Yes, that one.

Does Leth think "watch your six" is just a thing people say when they fight, and "six" is just a random number they throw in because they think it's funny?

Black Cat and the Black Cats are trying to ransack HellCat's office! Meanwhile, Black Cat's Black Cats have been dispatched to HellCat's cat flat!

Zoe, the muscle, enraged by the photo immediately overpowers the 250 pound man who is two feet taller than her and demands an audience with Hellcat! This leads to a dramatic conflict with a super strong magical acrobat facing off against a person with a bent crowbar.

It's revealed that Ian used to date the stocky mannish fat woman before he started dating Tom! Man, those bisexuals sure have a wide palette of potential lovers.

Meanwhile, on the more actiony side of things, Black Cat shoves Lina inside Bailey's bag!
"So?"
Lina, the leader of the Black Cats!
"Yeah?"
Black Cat put her in the bag!
"People can go in the bag to and fro. This was revealed in like issue 2."
Yeah, but…Lina's in the bag.

Well! Hold on to that cliffhanging feeling until next month and 4 dollars later, kitties! And if you're the top to have the thought of "The comic's over? But nothing happened! I hate Kate Leth and I hope the dried husks of her yellowed rotten teeth fall out of her drugged maw like stalactites in an earthquake" then you are in the minority! Check out these very real fan letters!

How can you keep doing this, kitty poster? What gives you the strength? Every issue of Hellcat is a study in self destruction and degradation.

Kate Leth is like a dirty, homeless addict who won't acknowledge that crack is keeping her from any happiness, except Leth's drug of choice is her own ego. She is frustratingly pathetic.

So, basically, Black Cat gets some goons, who fuck up a reconnaissance mission, and Black Cat stuffs a woman into a giant sack. Riveting

So I guess this series is like the Seinfeld of comics, only without any charm.

Joker dresses his goons as actual clowns and somehow they still look like less of a joke than the black cats.

This joke works on so many levels

Look at the eye on Black Cat's left boob in the 5th panel it's somehow sticking off her uniform oh man this art is fucking atrocious.

I don't remember who the fuck this Bailey twat is. But then again I don't really care either so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So this lady's superpower is being Felix the Cat? Fucking fantastic.

Holy fuck that panel with them skateboarding on the 3rd page is fucking embarrassing. Goddamn how does someone give this garbage the go-ahead.

Why the fuck would Black Cat work with people this incompetent?

I'm completely lost at this point. Who the fuck took that picture? Ian used to have a case of the not-gays? Is this chick so much of a cunt she turned him gay? Why does she immediately attack the landlord's son who is just standing there? Why are the old fuck and other grill on the bottom of page 1 smiling but they have their eyebrows arced like they're pissed?

I've read like all but one issue of this fucking garbage but I have no idea what the fuck is going on at this point I can't tell if it's my fault for intentionally wiping this garbage from my memory or Letch's fault for being a retard.

Why did she shove her own henchling in the bag what the fuck is going on in this fucking comic at this point you know what i dont fucking care anymore my head hurts this shit makes me want to die even more than i already do fuck you kate letch you narcissistic twat and fuck you marvel for allowing this cancer to continue spreading so the troll op can continue uploading it so nutters like me feel obligated to read and mock it

fuck

Nigga that's the worst comparison anyone has ever made. Seinfeld had actual intelligent writing, likable characters and the plots had smart resolutions. Comparing it to Hellcunt is like comparing dog shit to a 4-course meal

here we go again

So… was Black Cat following them for weeks, or was she just wandering the night with a purse full of Tunnel Snake jackets hoping to find a team of burglars she liked?

How long must this continue?

Man, no wonder that twink went hard gay. BITCH IS CRAZY! I just stared at the transition of her looking at the phone and then tackling the guy, and didn't understand what I was seeing. I mean, you'd assume she'd storm up there angry, not just immediately beat a random person and turn it into a pseudo-hostage situation.

You just can't find good help these days when you wander around New York at night with a purse full of matching jackets.

a conversational allusion to immediate segued costumed adventuring? Could our little Katie have finally figured out how to write superhero dialogue?

I was foolish to get my hopes up

I'm seriously baffled that someone wrote, drew, colored and edited this and any of them thought "this is interesting enough to print".

Notice that Patsy tried to solve a problem for someone else… and they just come out to solve it themselves. She can't solve her own she, she can't solve other people's shit, what CAN SHE DO?

How low do sales have to get before Marvel pulls life support on this swill?

I'd like to know who the target market actually is.
The writing is about on par with a comic book for 10-year olds, but they wouldn't want to read all that relationshit.

We used to think that the cutoff point was 15,000, but a lot of the Diversity First-brand comics are drowning under that line, so now I'm assuming the cutoff point is 10,000.

Or Marvel is more concerned over having a Diversity First book than something readable, so they'd rather take the hit. Or Marvel is concerned with the massive backlash that would come from the Comics Alliance journalists that are in bed with the same writers/artists they would fire.

That's the only couple of reasons I could think of, because there's no sane reason of keeping these things around even though practically none of them are doing well.

From that information, someone could infer that it's meant for and produced by women who have the mental capacity of a 10 year old. But that'd be mean to say so I won't.

You give Comics Alliance to much credit.

Insecure egotists.

Wrong. There is a very sane reason: It's cheap to produce.

If it costs dirt to make these comics, then publishers are making bank. Remember, Marvel is charging four fucking dollars($4!) for this piece of crap. I'm sure selling even 10,000 issues is profit for them, and Hellcat gets that consistently. That's not even taking into account TPB sales. Any TPB is 100% pure profit for Marvel. This is why they're keeping Squirrel Girl around despite it selling like shit.

It all comes down to a fact that has haunted Holla Forums for years: Hipsters work for peanuts.

Yes. This sounds like a reasonable and well written comic that I would like to spend money on purchasing due to its high-quality writing with an interesting setting and good artwork.

Next issue is the last, right?
I cant fathom this shit going over 12 issues, its completely insane.

You're gonna want to sit down, user…

I think the reason she shoved her associate down the bag is because she plans to shove ALL of her associates in the bag in order to literally carry an army of henchmen where ever she goes. A rather neat idea, I'm just sad it had to be in this comic book where the idea will not be used to its full extent and will instead be relegated to AT MOST a one off joke.

Make quippy one liners? Nah she's not even that good at that.

All an idea that was handled better in Knights of the Dinner Table. Hell, they fought wars in their bag of holding.

Wait people actually read that site?

How much do you want to bet that Kate's going to wind up being the writer of the just announced Generation X revival? She's already writing Jubilee and as Kate Walker: Hellcat starring Patsy Leth shows, she really is in touch with what millennials want out of superhero comics.

I wonder how mean a dick Leth can suck. It must be god like or something if she keeps getting this continued. You guys thinks she's plays with the balls, deepthroats? What almighty blowjob skills does she possess?

So, still no super hero fights.

Bottom line, how far does this have to drop before they cancel it?

TUNNEL SNAKES RULE!!!

He does it so that others don't have to

None. She's just the cheapest whore on the block.

But that would mean she gets the most time to practice, would it not?

Only 1 more issue until the it gets cancelled as per the law of average comic life.

It gonna be reset to "Issue 1" without any changes, won't it? Just like Squirrel Girl,

Enjoy your shitty blowjob.

Blowjobs are like pizza user.

They're all shitty until you throw some sausage into the mix.

I see that cover and the only thing that I can think of is D-Generation X

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it, I saw that line and all I could compare it to was an actually good piece of art.

This shit is the very problem with this entire comic, this entire series -hell, this fucking author.
Where is the actual genuine emotion you cunt ?!
Has Leth never had a single real one in her life ? Ian basically just went "meh, you know it looks too much for me… sorry gals", and she goes all blue and depressed, "MY GOD, HE WAS SO ANGRY AT ME, IT HURTS SO MUCH"
Like holy shit you retard, did you never evolve beyond your seventh birthday I swear to god

>You two, head up, see if you can see anything
Okay I take that back, the issue is that Leth is a fucking braindead cunt who has never opened a single book in her worthless life, where the fuck did she learn how to write, this is middle school-tier

I wish I was dead. By now this feels like getting stabbed for the seventieth time. You can feel the blood spilling out more than the blade cutting anything

Marvel is entirely aware those comics don't sell, and, hell, even are terrible pieces of garbage.
They don't care. Their movies cost a few hundred millions to make for several more hundred millions in profits. Profitable comics bring in perhaps a few dozen thousands, tops.
THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT COMICS
However, they care about one thing : planning for future movies. If they "revive" a series, they underpay terrible writers and artists to work on them for basically nothing, so they can sit on those licences and potentially make a movie, or shoe that hero in a film, later on. In ten years maybe we'll get to see a hellcat comic (and probably actually decent because this time they'll hire people who don't need to kill themselves, and pay them a high wage).
We are looking at corporate abuse, through sheer indifference, my friend. We're reading something made precisely to call us assholes and treat us like garbage : "here, eat this shit you fuckhead, we don't care what you like, just fucking eat it, we need to get it ready for the next decade".

*In ten years maybe we'll get to see a hellcat movie
I fucked up

What's with the namefagging?

He just does that, its his thing

only marvel employees, apparently.

Holy shit do I hate Marvel. What's the point of reading everything when it's just status quo changing event to status quo reestablishing event every 3 months apart?

Marvel's not losing too much money printing these comics, it's been established. Since they pay Kate and other hipsters like her in pennies and spider-man triple action web blasters, I say there'd have to be a net loss in profits around…..8,000 below.

Oh boy are you in for some bad news.

That was supposed to be the point of the Ultimate universe, but they fucked that within a month of it being created. The deathknell for that universe was when they brought Peter Parker back from the dead just to give him a happy ending.

Why the fuck is this still going on? Have I not suffered enough?

To be honest user, no one is forcing you to read it. I haven't read anything past the first issue and I just come to read all this because you guys keep repeating yourselves. Yet you all keep reading it.

I don't read it, but knowing that this thing got more than one issue is painful enough. OP should post better comics, like the KFC ones.

OP, I just wanna say I like your running commentary, especially this post. I haven't found anybody appreciating you in the comments, so I just wanted to tell you I think you're cool.

I disagree, the deathknell was killing him off in the first place to pave the way for Miles Morales.

I like it too

True, indeed, didn't thank the OP either. The dude is an amazing user who deserves a lot of respect and gratitude.
Thanks OP.

also

"Why is my gay friend mad at ME? Doesnt he know I AM the most awesome human being and that he doesnt have the right to question ME anything?"

And know we know how Kate Leth wonders why all her gay friends end leaving her.

That and putting them in her yaoi fanfics

They don't recognize her because of the shite costume redesign. BC is known for her alluring sexuality, they figure this prude is just aping her look.

I wonder if Luke Cage will show up and fuck Black Cat.

Maybe he can put her in her place.,

Marvel keeps on rewarding failure and mediocrity, then again that is level of quality that they are paying for. Whenever I see the Marvel NOW! logo I think this the comic is boring and stupid NOW!. Has there been a current year/social justice/kill whitey NOW! book that is not absolute garbage?

YES.

can attest to this, go out an buy this shit, show those fucks at Marvel that there is a demographic who wants comics without that political shit.

The fact this finally got published proves there are some people at Marvel with brains left.

The sad thing is that it's sales are down because people think it's racist.

She sucks so good you get cancer and die

why do all the characters look like bought all their clothes from a Saved by the Bell garage sale? They don't even look like hipsters – they're just the ugliest relics of early 90's pop culture.

That's kind of common to comics in general. Fashions are usually about ten years behind.
I mean, Disco Dazzler came out in the EIGHTIES.

is Cheesy Lasagna Man still in this or are his 45 minutes up?

Whose posse is more pathetic, Black Cat or Mockingbird?
And who would win in a fight, wait, SJW heroes don't fight, it'd be a Twitter war.

You guys forget Hellcat now dress like that because Kate leth dress like that.

Why the other characters dress so awful may be because the shitty taste of the artist.

I never understood what the point of that line was.

Yes you did you fuck

Am I the only person in Holla Forums who hasnt read that gay comic?

You have been spared of the horror, be thankful for it

Reading it with kitty poster's commentary has made it entertaining, rather than cringey.

Got a screencap?

The archives are in the OP.
You could open readcomiconline alongside it.

i read that Jonesy abortion because of your suggestion of looking at the archives and now i fucking hate you

what's wrong with it?
never seen it, only heard bad things about it

It's awful in every aspect and the fact someone published 4 issues of that to be bought by people offends me to no end.

Black Cat's at least showed basic B&E competency. Mockingbird's are a bunch of dorks on a nerd cruise.

Imagine Mockingbird v.s. Black Cat. They'd be hanging out and dancing and shopping and having coffee and hitting the beach and playing volleyball, while their gangs have pathetic playground-level hair-pulling and spitting and scratching fights.

Actually I'd pay to see that.

You forgot the appearence of Guest Star Female Superhero to deliver the victory over Hellcat's enemy, while Patsy does nothing on her own save perhaps hit the ground with her ass

Fortunately, Cage is a 4 issue miniseries, so at least it won't get canceled abruptly. But it will end.

Guess you'll be offended by the fact that Jonesy is now an ongoing. You're welcome

Hmm, That's not what my local comic shop owner said. She claimed that it was selling very well. Of course that may have just been at my local shop, and honestly, I live in Texas and an average American town, so all the claims of racism are probably from the other 49 shit states.

Thank you OP, I don't bother posting too often but this and Squirrel Girl have become my most valued sources of cringe these days.
I'm a mainland european, without your labor I would not even be aware something as awful as this even exists.
This ritualistic feminism fueled suicide Marvel is conducting is amazing, thank you for sharing it with us.

Opps, I totally forgot to share issue 4 of the 08 series with you guys this time. Here we go.

A lot of really weird shit going on, but it's entertaining and it's DIFFERENT weird shit all the time. I'd say some of this vibe was what Cain was going for with her ill-fated Mockingbird run, but I doubt she really read any good books. I think it also helps that, even when things are odd, in this they are a natural part of the story, and not just mere-corgis or other cringy nonsense.

And of course, the whole series has been Patsy DOING THINGS. She even has a team of helpers on this adventure, but she does pretty much everything herself. As if she's the main character of her own book.

A wild opinionated alt chick appears!

Back in 08, if you sassmouthed Patsy Walker, she would PUT YOU ON THE FLOOR.

Everyone dies, The End. See you next month!

I didn't read the whole letters page… but there is a random mention of Jubilee? What does this all mean? Didn't karaoke get mentioned in the last issue, now this?

Dark forces are at work here, I can sense it…

That dude riding out of the ground. Isn't that a reference to the Bat out of hell cover for the Meatloaf album?