32 states do to Internet voting for 2016

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM

According to the Washington Post, 32 states have implemented some form of online voting for the 2016 U.S. presidential election – even though multiple experts warn that internet voting is not secure. In many cases, the online voting options are for absentee ballots, overseas citizens or military members deployed overseas. According to Verified Voting, "voted ballots sent via Internet simply cannot be made secure and make easy and inviting targets for attackers ranging from lone hackers to foreign governments seeking to undermine US elections."

And yet 39% of this year's likely voters said they'd choose to vote online if given the option, according a new article in the Boston Globe, noting that "All 50 states and D.C. send ballots to overseas voters electronically," with Alabama even allowing them to actually cast their ballots through a special web site. "Security is exponentially increased over any other kind of voting because each ballot, as well as the electronic ballot box, has military-grade encryption," argues the founder of the software company that assures the site's security. "She also claims that Web voting is more accurate," reports the Boston Globe. "No more hanging chads or marks on a paper ballot that may be difficult to interpret. Web systems can also save money and can be upgraded or reconfigured as laws change…"

bostonglobe.com/business/2016/08/05/online-voting-offers-challenges-rewards/Ez5SU8UtZTI2bpwWGll8nN/story.html

washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/05/17/more-than-30-states-offer-online-voting-but-experts-warn-it-isnt-secure/?utm_term=.8ecc6fe79e0e

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=81901221
archive.is/uNGSj
archive.is/6c1tE
youtube.com/watch?v=w3_0x6oaDmI
jhalderm.com/pub/papers/dcvoting-fc12.pdf
watchcartoononline.com/dilbert-season-2-episode-17-ethics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do mexicans know how to computer?

CHYNA voters incoming.

Good. With all the hacker neckbeards and Russians on our side, coupled with the fact that niggers and spics can't use computers we're sure to win.

Beta uprising when?

In bongland we mark a cross next to the candidate's name using the soft pencils in the voting booths. Nobody has ever asked why we don't use pens.

I'm sure your government computers will count every vote accurately, just like nobody ever erases our pencil crosses.

And that's how you want to win, eh? Not by a fairly contested election where every citizen gets their vote, rather by a clusterfuck of hacking, undermining, and cheating?

I can't fucking believe voting with pencil. I know it's real, I've even seen videos of people erasing votes. It's just so mind boggling stupid I can't accept it.

and that military-grade encryption has intentional backdoors for the "jews" supporting the clinton foundation to access in order to change as many votes as they like to not say trump on them

I remember when people brought pens to the EU ref vote.

Some jurisdictions use pencils for voting because they're counting the votes with Scantron machines, just like they used to do with multiple choice tests in public schools.

My jurisdiction uses pen though.

Literally why

If you can't even get off your ass and get to the polling station, you don't deserve to vote.

Why can't every state just do voting like we do in Washington? A ballot is mailed to you 2-3 weeks in advance, you mail it back by election day. There are drop boxes at various places in every city so that you don't have to pay for postage if you don't want to. As long as you're registered to vote and have a mailing address, you get a ballot. You can't register to vote if you're not a citizen, so illegals can't vote because they won't be mailed a ballot.

For us, we just draw a straight line.

In WA, the rule is, "use black or blue pen, and tear off the stub at the top of the ballot." If you can't follow basic directions, your vote doesn't count.

Scantron is a retarded way to do it.

That's why.

If you have work on election day, do you not deserve to vote? If you are paid by the hour, and have to choose between money and being able to vote, should you not be able to vote?

An "everyone votes absentee, no fucking exceptions" policy ensures that everyone can vote when it is most convenient for their working schedule. Business does not get interrupted because thousands of people need to stop working to go down to a polling station.

No, they still use type writers and morse code.

Voting registration is easy to get. Both parties have access to it. Most states have halfassed web portals any one who is halfway competent can get in.

Once you know the voters registration info there is NOTHING stopping you from doing this online voting.

It wont be A computer. It will be a clutster fuck of private contractors with unknown backers and zero accountability. Here is the one mentioned in the OP story

bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=81901221

This is truly the end of the America. The public is so fucking lazy and stupid they will give up their republic just to they can sit at home and "vote" with their iPhones. Like its another episode of American Idle. As long as we know the results by prime time and the election doesn't run in to the big NFL game we a GOOD.

So that's how hillery will cheat in the win

Wow. How did ever the public vote before the internet was a thing?

I never said we should use an Internet based model. I still prefer the "everyone mails in" model over the "everyone votes online." If everyone mails in their ballots, there are 0 problems except if someone tampers with the mail. But that's a serious crime, easy to witness, and also avoidable by the use of drop boxes.

When in Rome. You know the jews are going to be doing this bullshit anyways. I'd like it if things were fair but still.

It should be a public holiday. I know many people have commented on that.

There is no need with a mail in model. There also is no need for photo ID. You just don't get a ballot in the fucking mail if you aren't a citizen.

It would be better to have a holiday for elections. Letting everyone mail in their ballots makes it too easy for people who should not be voting to do so.

If it is illegal for you do vote, you are not given a ballot in the mail.

Most citizens have no business voting and should be discouraged from it.

Can't you presumptive mailvote or something in America?

Really voting should be as complicated as possible so all the retards who don't really care stay home. Like this Clinton will have every nigger online voting for her.

we can still win now, right?

also,
inb4 ballots are sent to dead people and spics with stolen SSNs

Yes. It's very easy but requires enough agency that shitskins don't do it.

Boston Globe: archive.is/uNGSj
Washington Post: archive.is/6c1tE

Get rid of federal income tax and that might work

Voting is different in every state.

In Washington, when you register to vote, you give the government your address. You have to update this every time you move. When election time comes, everyone who is registered to vote gets mailed a ballot. Since you cannot register if you are ineligible to vote, no one who is ineligible to vote gets mailed a ballot.

100% sure that Karl Rove has a role in this.

I don't like mail voting. It has to many ways to be exploited. But for it to be exploited on a massive scale you would need tons of man power and a whole lot of people to keep quiet. You could pick up unclaimed ballets at housing projects or have a mailman fuck with them en-route but thats all small time.

With online voting there is NO checks in the system. One guy running the database could change some variables and boom. Move the vote 7 points. Remember the last few elections where won by less then 4%.

You don't even need an inside man. My whole states voter registry is online. You could just pay some chinks 2 cents a vote to manually enter in the data to the online voting website if you wanted to game the system externally.

You have ZERO way of knowing the person on the website is actually the person who is supposed to be voting.

Oy Vey Goyim the Putin has hacked the DNC emails to subvert the election process! Quickly let's run the General Election through cloud servers and vote from your home with Wi-Fi!

They don't even care anymore. If Trump loses its over until the day the shooting starts.

Something tells me Trump isn't winning this November.

Just in time to undermine the first real democracy in decades :^)

PURE COINCIDENCE
U
R
E

C
O
I
N
C
I
D
E
N
C
E

So is anyone gonna analyze the situation and tell how much this will effect things?

What the fuck world are you living in, kid?

then trump will still win, hilliary doesn't have any real voters

The most underrated thing to come from all these Shillary/ DNC leaks and scandals is that to cover their own asses, these faggots have backed themselves into such a tight corner that their only defense at this point is LITERALLY

Well I don't know about you faggots but I'm going to be working as a poll booth operator this fall. I've done it twice so they can't question my competency.

Downside is this means I have to vote by absentee ballot. Which begs the question, is it safer to vote by absentee ballot or is there a good chance these fuckheads will edit my Trump vote? I've honestly never voted before lol, despite working at polling places

Daily reminder that he was right

That's the point, no such thing as a real democracy anymore.

That's a joke right?

You sign up on the registry when you come in (show ID if necessary), you pick up the ticket you like, you put the bulletin into the envelope (or fold it if you're not the richest nation on the planet), the envelop in the urn. You sign on registry once you voted.

Urn has to be transparent (to show it wasn't full when it got there). And that's it.

That's the fucking simplest and foolproof method there is.

Only way to cheat is by creating more people on voting registry then have people vote pretend to be them to vote (which is bound to rapidly get found out at the first suspicion).

It's fucking fast to count, the guy responsible for the polling station, either a public servant or an elected one (that are therefore responsible to the first fuck up in front of a judge) open the urn, then announce tickets one by one, and makes fucking piles. Volunteers around/in front of him (in view of the guy and the piles) count as it goes.

Once it's done, everyone counting signs the results and you send the result. THEN you put back your piles and a signed copy of the results, in the fucking urn AND YOU SEAL THE MOTHERFUCKING THING for safekeeping in case there is a problem, and send it to an evidence locker.

All you need is a bit of manpower which you will always find (between public servants and parties militants there more is than enough people to count and make sure no manipulation at that critical point happens).

Pen and paper is already suspicious as fuck, pencil means there will be fraud, machines are cheating, internet voting is basically not voting at all.

Holy shit. Brexit really, really scared (((them)))

Create fake voters. Put bulletins (which you have… since you're the one sending them!) in envelope, pretend you've received them.

That's mail voting fraud 101. Extremely common.

Mail voting shouldn't be allowed, period (and in a lot of places… ISN'T), because it's already easy to fuck with.

If you want to vote but really can't, you go to your local admin to sign a form allowing a friend/family to vote in your stead one they keep (and make a note on their voting registry X delegated to Y), one you give to your friend.

People can only have one of such authorization.
And vote one time for themselves, one time for you.

Again extremely simple, perfectly foolproof, method.

with traditional polls, trump wins.
with anything else, there is risk of crooked antics

(((Their))) global control grid based upon the monopolization of international trade, coupled with ever increasing national industrial specialization, is being threatened by people actually waking up to their Machiavellian mercantile scheme of global conquest.

Yeah, (((they))) want the hordes of dindoos and non-whites to vote against Trump, who lack the agency to leave their house on election day to vote.

Unless they made a smartphone app, most niggers and women would probably not bother voting if it had a clunky, old form-based interface.

Do you think those cheating are going to be mexican or nu-males?

Even the police where getting pissy about it, that whole vote was a glorious shitshow

Remember to clear your schedule on election day and go into an official polling place to fill out a paper ballot.
Don't be a lazy nigger, we're banking on all the actual niggers to be too lazy to vote.

Illegals have registered to vote, there's no check there. Also the biggest scam is folks registering to vote in multiple addresses through relatives. Democrats literally pay people to arrange this.

Hey user, did you get a voter pamphlet recently? Because I sure as hell didn't.

i know that feel, and i remember that show :(

IN some jurisdictions absentee ballots aren't even counted unless one or more races are close after the polling place ballots are counted

I wonder (((who's))) monitoring the (((corporation))) that processes these votes?

Someone call /g/, we're gonna need help.

user we left that place behind two years ago, remember?

Of course police were nervous they are a literally tax funded parasites .God forbid the public decide to get them the flick.

Great. Now all the low-agency dindus and beaners will vote. Not to mention straight-up voter fraud happening

Shit, I meant Holla Forums.

Pick one

I hope nothing comes of this. In my state, our Secretary of State managed to get online registration passed. Granted, that helped me get registered as a republican so I could vote for the God Emperor in the primaries, but it's still insecure and gives the dems plenty of ways to cheat.

And who would have though the Secretary of State in my home state, who wanted online voter registration, is a democrat who's endorsed Shillary and spoke at the DNC?

And there are still people who vote for these clowns.

It would be truly magnificent.

This.

Please, based Putin, please.

Did you know there was a yuge scandal with those doors?

Putin's friends were contractors that got paid 1000x more than it actually costed to install those doors.

Why would Putin want to do anything to make America stronger?

TOPKEK

Trump over Hillary would mean Putin would have an ally in the Middle East trying to keep the Assad regime in power, and the U.S. would stop fucking with Russia's interests in the Middle East at the request of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Israel.

so fucking what

Fuck that, even if they offer it.

Fuck off kike shills

Go suck Anglin's cock you fucking closet commies

lmao, if putin is helping us thats great.
I couldn't care less about some scandal about doors., faggot

Hey guys. One thing worries me even with paper. Can't paid shills just vote in multiple locations? I recall Bernbots doing that in the primary in February.

Guys I think we're all missing the important part here.
How do we get spam the system with millions of Ben Garrison write-in votes?

I only want to win.

Many reasons
First of all it means Russia can avoid a hot war with US
Secondly it means that Russia becomes one of the most powerful nations by being Allied with the US, China and Iran
Thirdly Putin wants a friend like W

Nah, they'd rig the counter so for every vote for Trump, it's a vote for Shillary.

And then Trump will call them out on it.

And then there will be a vote recast, or a civil war will break out and Martial Law will be declared, but we will inevitably win the war if it happens.

So basically, unless Trump doesn't call them out on it, or if Trump loses fairly or close enough that the rig is convincing to most people, we will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

That's why everyone is on a roll and is tagged off with digital confirmation

The thing is though that online voting is one that benefits us the most
For example the ND online strawpoll that was used as a mesure to decide delegates in that state was Trump's strongest victory in the Primaries, IIRC it was about 80% or more of the vote

Checked

meh. just fight fire with fire.

you know what to do pol.

you know what to do.

I don't have the image onhand, but there was a picture showing polling and voting irregularities in counties that had both voted in the Repub and Dem primaries. It found that the republican primaries were almost never irregular, but the democrat primaries were consistently irregular. Translation: the republicans didn't rig their election like the democrats did. If the democrats had online voting, Hillary would have still gotten the majority of "votes" despite so many people wanting that kikemmunist to be the nominee.

You have to go to your assigned voting area where your name would be on the registry. If you go someplace else you wont be on the list and cant vote.

How it works in my state (CT)

This system works because for their to be fraud you would need 3 different people from different parties to all be in on it. There is also a paper record and you cant vote if you are not on the list. And you cant double vote because they cross off your name. The machine is out in the open so you cant fuck with it like one hidden in a booth with you.

and since this i a blue state somehow requiring ID to vote is not racist

Yeah I do, it's call you a fag.

Trump didn't wink at the end of the webm, kind of a let down.

But agreed, we're going to Make America Great Again.

So what's the plan B in the case voting becomes irrelevant?
Playing the long game of redpilling for a few more years?
Use the outrage over the results somehow?

Civil war.

Jesus fucking Christ. Watch this video if you don't know why this is a fucking terrible idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=w3_0x6oaDmI

Sauce? Non-NED funded if possible.

So that he doesn't have to win WWIII to prove his points. Every win of Russia over the US (Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Ukraine, Georgia, Turkey etc…) is because of Clinton Clique retarded policies that only weakens America positions… But in doing so we've set a course for WWIII, because we keep saying that it's Russia fault the US and EU are losing and that despite the fact that Russia proved time and time again that they can give as well as they get Clinton plan to continue full speed ahead.

Trump would make America stronger but Trump is also basically the only US politician that understand realpolitik, and is very likely to agree to Russia reasonable security demands (no high altitude interceptors in range of Moscow and Saratov silos, stop trying to open air strike corridors to deep Russia, etc…) in a global SALT III deal which would ensure Russia long term security.

Well that's one way to circumvent voter ID laws.

She's on heavy medication right now, has seizures left and right.
Once Don triggers her on the debate stage, she's doen for.

R U S SI A
R
U
S
S
I
A

you liberals are the ones pushing electronic voting

fuck off, we know you cheat

The election doesn't matter anymore - vote, if you want, but it doesn't matter.

It kicks off in November faggots.

Be ready, or you will regret it.

/thread

Chinese Hackers?!

YES

So you bribe 3 people, not 1.
Or you get 3 people convinced that Trump is "unsafe with the nuclear codes and will end the world", not 1.

Here's a great paper on how vulnerable online voting systems can be.

jhalderm.com/pub/papers/dcvoting-fc12.pdf

Here's the clue:

Someone should hack it and skew it not trump or shit cunt, but a write in, not sanders but a joke write in like I dunno, chuck norris or some cat named chip. Just to prove the point thai it can anf will be rigged every time.

Pierce was right again (watch from 2:46-5min40sec)

stoppedreadingthere.jpg

So, China is going to win the 2016 election, eh?

How hard is it to make a fake voting site for Election Day and anonymously send fake election materials to nigville houses telling them that they can vote on that fake site?

Quite simple, actually.

Not to mention, QUITE cost effective.

Are you ready for the…

H I L L A R Y L A N D S L I D E ?

into the sea.

Hopefully.

I fear this is where things are heading. (See recent polls)
If Hillary steals the election, civil war becomes the only option.
And seeing how shit they were at hiding it in the primaries, I think it's inevitable.

To everyone: Be prepared.

exactly how it works here (MI), though if you don't have ID you can still vote if you sign an affidavit. they also use black markers instead of pens.

they're always very strict on ballot secrecy (big envelopes hide your ballet when you carry it, only one person can be at the scanner machine at any time)

It's the only way to get the system fixed so we can have fair elections again. If you want to make the rules you have to play by the old rulebook first.

THERE'S NOT ZERO PROBLEMS. I'VE SHOWN TIME AND TIME AGAIN HOW ABSENTEE BALLOTS ALLOW PEOPLE TO VOTE IN MULTIPLE STATES THROUGH FRIENDS, FAMILY MEMBERS AND PROFESSIONAL NETWORKS. AT LEAST 3 MILLION PEOPLE VOTED IN MORE THAN ONE STATE IN 2012. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CHECK FOR THIS.

Since when does 39% of the population have the right to fuck over 100% of the population?

This isn't Europe for fucks sake.

will be rigged by libshit

the coordinated fake polling has been happening so that the public is conditioned for a massive trump defeat when the ballots are rigged

We need to get the top mind on /g/ and /baph/ and figure out how to rig it in Trump's favor

Ya and what does that get you? One polling station out of 20 in one district in one district out of 10 in a state.

With Internet voting few can do much more damage.

With the old paper system with different people at every stage it's much harder to keep a lid on rigging because it would need exponentially more man power.

(((They))) have billions bet on Hillery winning maybe trillions in the long run. No way they will risk another brexit.

Reminds me of this Dilbert episode

watchcartoononline.com/dilbert-season-2-episode-17-ethics

Both major voting machine companies in the US have made large donations to Hillary's campaign.

Is that not fucked? What an obvious conflict of interest, ripe for corruption. Yet nothing is done. Were the tables turned and the voting companies donated to Trump, it would be a massive shitstorm. But it's okay for progressives to cheat because they're on the right side of history.

Can't use pens because people are afraid of disappearing ink

Wouldn't it be easy for someone to just DDoS that shit so that it wouldn't be possible to vote from the internet and therefore they would still need to have people vote in person?

Illegal immigrants won't be stopped from voting and voting over Internet.

DESPERATION INTENSIFIES

Jesus fuck this is beyond retarded.

whatever is on paper is best, but anything like early voting and absentee ballots are easy to "lose"

see the Austrian election

The best thing about people who try to skew online polls is they do it WAY over the top. They can't help themselves.

Registered voters are in a nice little database. If a district has 300,000 registered voters and the polls show 500 million billion gorrillion people voted, then they know something ain't quite right.

Look at this pleb, come back when you get over 598%

This.

One of most redpilled animated shows about how the technological and corporate world works.

This can only go well.

remember Austria ?

At least for Austria there was a re-vote