Movie:

Show:

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0181739/?ref_=nv_sr_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There was a TV show?

Kids' show character exaggeration?

For most of my childhood, I was not aware there was a movie, having only seen the cartoon on tv

They got Jeff Bennett and not Niles to play him

Hey..Jeff Bennett's an OK voice actor. Besides, I thought it was David Hyde Pierce who played Drix in the movie?

it was

imdb.com/title/tt0181739/?ref_=nv_sr_1

What is David Hyde Pierce's most famous role? Jesus christ…

Oh….now I get it.

yes there was. It was mediocre.

Hey Jeff Bennett was an excellent Joker.

He was supposed to get flushed. Remember?

The movie did not need the nasty Bill Maury scenes. But the animated scenes were great.

The villain was really good

Chris Rock was alright

Truth.

So it was just like the movie.

Brave and the Bold is criminally underrated.

Funny thing; there's a repeated message that cheating is the best way to win, and Batman always fights dirty when he sees an opportunity.

Didn't Batman cheat in Morrison's JLA run with that fight with Prometheus?

In the rematch. After Prometheus beat him the first time by using his helmet to download the skills of the top 14 martial artists on the planet into his brain, one of them Batman himself, Batman kept his helmet in the JLA's trophy room.
When Prometheus had to replace his helmet with the old one during a fight, he tried the same trick, but Bats had swapped his martial arts files with the skills and reflexes of one man: Professor Stephen Hawking.

Batman: "Huhh. Fist time I've ever punched a man with motor neuron disease."

Drix was still pretty no-nonsense. It's just funny to hear the big guy scream in a funny voice.

first clip is grossly out of character, joker likes jokes and funny things and would therefore hate garfield.

Bombed because 2d

Ah, ah, ah, ah

I am the king of the city
Top down windows
I'm Puffin like Diddy
Ridin' cause the haters face mad, team gritty
Honk your horn twice if your misses lookin' pretty

The joke about the Joker is that he actually has a really shitty sense of humour, hence why he has to commit crimes and torture and mutilate people just to get a reaction. He's a low-grade troll who knows how to kill people.

Also why he beats Harley, she's naturally funny and he's never been, even when he was a stand-up comedian he was a failure, the only difference now is he kills people for not laughing at his jokes.

Hell, Batman can be funnier when he cares to. Mostly because he is the master of deadpan.

Wonder Woman made him freak out, once, by telling jokes all through a fight, just to make a point.

which comic was that in?

Couldn't tell you the issue number off-hand, but it was her own, book, the one with a Brian Bolland cover with her in Joker make up.

Got it, #96 and 97, during her biker phase.

It cracked me up how much that costume made her look like a hooker.

DEEPEST LORE

Dare you suggest that Jim Davis isn't the world's most creative comedic mind?

The torture and mutilation is the joke and you probably didn't get it.

Joker would kill you for that.

No, the movie was excellent

The show was mediocre

I don't understand what the point was of moving them to a teenage boy in the show, when most of the locales *look the damn same* as the ones inside Frank.

Also, most of the characters inside Hector are just lame clones of the ones from Frank (for example, the lawyer girl is Leah, Scarlet Fever is Thrax, and Chief Gluteus is the helicopter pilot with the mustache).

They could've tried to differentiate the two bodies more.

Not only does this not make any sense, it's biologically incorrect. If anything, Ozzy would be killed.
I'm 99% sure that this is a case of a horny as fuck writer trying to insert his fetish. Massive ups.

I forgot about that. That was the whole "muh realism" before the "muh realism" thing took effect with Batgirl and Spider woman.

yare yare daze

I liked the show, don't get me wrong, but does anyone think it was cheesy as fuck how they kept reusing scenes from the movie?

Just watch the episode where the kid has a runny nose. They reused the dam-bursting scene from the movie - not even a few shots, but the WHOLE scene

You should try watching the old Flash Gordon cartoon sometime, or the original Battlestar Galactica. Blakes 7 once had an entire space battle edited together from bits of old episodes.

Osmosis Jones was already a great movie, but I've wondered if it would be even better had they added Maria (a character from the show) into the dynamic.

Unlike other "gurl power" characters, Maria felt interesting and not too forced. Better than Leah, who was rather bland.

No it isn't. Anons on Holla Forums do nothing but wank it off.

Not really. Firstly, her biker costume was sexy. The Batgirl and Spider-Woman costumes go out of their way not to be sexy. Secondly, her biker costume is more like something an athlete might wear. The Batgirl and Spider-Woman costumes aren't something anybody doing any amount of physical activity would be likely to wear.

I suspect you might be thinking of the Jim Lee redesign, for JMS' run on Wonder Woman (that he couldn't be bothered to finish). The one that also had a jacket. The one that covered up anything on Wonder Woman that anyone might like to see because muh objectification.

The movie was sort of a buddy cop movie with mildly educational themes. The city of Frank was this gritty, urban shithole because Frank took very poor care of his health

The TV show was sort of full on educational which is why they moved the characters to a teenager so they could sort of do that relate to the kids at home type thing.

Yeah but they were lazy, as evidenced by their constant recycling of the movie's animation.

i demand a storytime of this issue

Why did the Farrelly brothers get credited as the movie's top-billing directors, with Tom Sito and Piet Kroon getting shoved into second-billing, even though they only directed like 15% of it (and what they directed was arguably the worst part of the movie)?

That's like letting your partner do a science project for you, then you take all the credit for it when the teacher grades it.

Even though Frank was a jerk, I couldn't help but cry bitch tears at the scene where he nearly dies and his daughter is weeping, saying he's the best dad in the world

I am upset that I missed the boat on enjoy HQ as a character. All I can think of now is hot topic

it's a great issue.
Diana gets joker gassed and calls on dionysus to basically let her roll with it.

Movie was oh so much better than the show

noice

I guess I was thinking of the design in the JMS run. Though I still don't like her biker look. I prefer a more traditional look to WW myself.

Name value.