Librecore the replacment of the libreboot project

mentally I'll tranny BTFO
librecore.info/

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Librecore-Formation

Librecore is a new project aiming to be a new Coreboot downstream with a focus remaining on providing fully-free system firmware. Separately, Minifree/Libreboot has been accused (and admitted by Leah Rowe) to not paying a vendor for a completed contract.

Librecore was formed due to "[Libreboot lead developer Leah Rowe] alienating large portions of the community, plus the stagnant and hard to use libreboot firmware and build system." With Librecore, they are aiming to use industry-standard tools and build environments. Another different design decision is pursuing Petitboot as the payload for a more modern and useful interface over GRUB as a payload.

There is also some crowdfunding work going on around a particular effort.

Timothy Pearson of Raptor Engineering is one of the developers involved with the formation of Librecore. Raptor is the company behind the Talos Secure Workstation effort. Aside from all the drama surrounding Libreboot's accusations against the FSF and Libreboot leaving the GNU, he has also stated that Leah Rowe has refused paying him for contract work done on Libreboot. Timothy Pearson was the developer responsible for freeing the ASUS KCMA-D8 motherboard for Libreboot. Here's the email from Pearson:

As you may be aware, Minifree (Leah Rowe) contracted with us to port the KCMA-D8 and release it. We performed this work and the KCMA-D8 continues to operate, however Minifree has decided not to pay any of their contract on this work.

We strongly recommend that no person do any business with Minifree or its founder Leah Rowe, as they do not honor their legally binding contracts.

As a result of Minifree's public meltdown, we were part of the initial team that started a community based blob-free firmware project called librecore. We may also start sales of blob-free desktop / workstation systems in the near future to cover this hole in the market.

The project is still in its infancy, but more details on Librecore can be found via their new project site at LibreCore.info or RaptorEngineering.com for information on their work.

Other urls found in this thread:

zamaudio.com/?p=660
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=2122
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really think these emotionally unstable idiots should not be let near anything of importance at all. I wish she were dead, but I'm glad she is gone.

GNU/Bootboot

I feel like by harnessing her the power of her autismal obession with freedom I can trust I will always have a libre booting firmware and no NSA faggotry. I don't know about these new guys.

just like if "she" was a google/intel/nsa shill that tries to destroy the project...

also typical in open source shit projects - let's split and instead of having 10 people have 5 people in two projects

Nobody is still in libreboot

These guys look autistic enough.

The second one insists on doing fully free/libre audio processing, and has GNU/HURD plus freedom-promoting blog posts:
zamaudio.com/?p=660

The third guy does formal program verification with Haskell.

They actually have good reason to split away from libreboot. Guy who leads libreboot was/is holding whole project back just to push his political agenda.

Hope it supports me and mai waifu's memepad X60 and X200.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
As long as it has support for dm-crypt volume loading that's fine, I'm not specifically married to GRUB.

Read Timothy's closing statement after that crowdfund didn't work out. He's a strong freedom advocate.

Same. But I'll keep Libreboot until that time, just not updating it to post-tranny-crazy versions.

Would it not be smarter to first start developing a mainboard type with free bios? I mean, it is nice to have a free bios but when you cannot install it on ony machine, you cant do anything with it.

Please work on the x220 and t420.
With the current destruction of Intel ME, I want my t420 waifu to finally be liberated from the yoke of intel. I don't want to be a cuck again.

I find it hilarious that anytime an article that even mentions libreboot appears she posts a comment on it.
Hopefully librecore does its job.

Dramaaaa!

now this is why i still come here

much harder to do and probably wouldn't take off. support for more devices with installation as easily as possible should be focused on

Trips of truth, trannies are not women.

s/\w+.$/people

I hope he doesn't kill himself over this.

Jesus christ formatting.
Then you shouldn't have signed a contract saying you would pay, you incompetent whore.

That regex does not match anything in that post.

kek and satan associates to reveal us the truth

SHADILAY

Francis is lying has always.
There wasn't trust left after the meltdown
Now there is nothing.
I pity this man the solutions to his mental health and trustworthiness isn't hard but he'll never listen he's was too much brainwashed by Christopher Webber and similar.

wait,
does he says that he ordered work on KCMA-D8 and agreed to pay 15k, but after it was done it turned out it wont have much clients, so refused to pay for the work?
like if I ordered to build a hotel on alaska, and if nobody would visit it, i'd refuse to pay for company and people who built the hotel building?

later he claims about the bugs that weren't fixed, maybe better would be to settle with them and pay 5-10k instead of 15k?
software is complicated, you cannot pay 0% if it's not done 100% like in contract.

but another possibility is, jews paid Raptor Engineering to sabotage the project.

Na
The raptor was relaying on libreboot for the RYF certification for the motherboard and bios.
When Francis had his meltdown they had to change to coreboot because Francis went into a witch hunt against everything that is FSF or GNU related and raptor supported the FSF

The libreboot project was compromised with sjws ideology this is not the first time and won't be the last.

To remove the threat of SJWs in the FSF something needs to be done about Christopher Webber.

Eric Raymond already warned us about these people.
see his post
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918

Imo the only way to stop this madness is simply to not add politics in software and simply focus on the freedom/software

You put on the cuck collar when you bought those systems.

SJWs are like a religious cult. If you don't buy into their beliefs they attempt to shun you out of the community.

They have been there for a long time. They went after Mark Shuttleworth for saying "It's hard to explain to our girlfriends what we do" and addressing a group as guys. Stallman for his Skt. Ignucious who deflowers emacs virgins of course :D

It's not so much the subject, but it's a self-righteous spoiled and childish behavior combined with a huge ego that justifies the idea that everyone should be doing and feeling the same as them. They are most likely the youngest of several siblings. They are never the victims, they do it on behalf of others. They are funny...

That would fail terribly.
Something like this would happen:
1) You and other people on project agree to not mix politics and software.
3) SJWs (or some other political group) start coming to your project but keep silent because they would be punished for mixing software and politics
4) More SJWs arrive and they organize.
5) SJW mob starts hostility towards someone for political reasons*, person who is attacked has no group to rely on because no politics rule
6) repeat 5) until SJW-ism becomes dominant

* They would not openly say that it is attack for political reasons, they would use some other reason as an excuse for their hostility. Basically, "If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged." thing.

LOL

Hope librecore developers come up with better flashing infrastructure than libreboot.

Leah pulled in some of flashing utilities without understanding their build status.

You won't be able to flash libreboot with libreboot's tools if you are using musl libc based linux distro or other *BSD.

I don't know of a better option than flashrom at this point. Flash chips, and how to interact with them on different computer systems are a messy and dangerous clustefuck. My second X200 was actually subtly different and not whitelisted, requiring the delightfully named "laptop:force_I_want_a_brick" option.

Amazing news !

Good riddance fucking tranny !

You don't understand the difference between a different incompatible standard and a fork of a program?

so how to protect projects from them being overtaken by evil people?

god damn it it took me so long to parse that

Hopefully, we won't hear him anymore.

It's GPL forks all the way down.

I scanned it

Yeah I really want to see more developers fixing firmware business.

Google forked flashrom and trashed all the compatability layer only to start writing every utilities from scratch again. And they ditched the effort to salvage their clusterfuck last year so we are stuck with forever diverging shitty utilities that have potential to (and WILL) break lots boards.

I don't mind working with libreboot but the way leah handles project's main tree and communicate with other committers is worrisome.

maybe librecore can provide saner tooling for more experienced users.

Worrisome is not the word my friend.
Do you think that a community who is forced to not say certain words or not talking about certain subject is ok ?
Because that's what leah promotes with the sjw ideology.
See what based Eric Raymond wrote about it.
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=2122

Plus also leah doesn't respect his contracts with others. (pic related)

Francis Rowe's dream for trannyboot probably would be free from NSA backdoors but would have a special script that whenever you say something triggering about trannies your system would automatically unencrypt itself and upload its contents to a hate speech watchdog group.

Remember, his idea of "freedom" involves trannies never being criticized for anything ever.

Well what's specifically wrong with flashrom? Again, there are no standards for doing what it does, it depends on the flash chip and mainboard. By necessity it is not going to be a clean program. Aside from my funny X200, my recently acquired X200 Tablet has its own issue with flashrom not being able to auto-detect the exact flash chip variant (it's a Macronix of some sort).

That's why the project is seeing a split to a new one, again, good riddance. Also I just noticed something funny. There hasn't been a stable release of Libreboot since September, and it's still using the "tux hugging a gnu" wallpaper.

Those are always worth re-reading.

There's nothing wrong with flashrom upstream. They accept patches from various people to ensure it builds & works on various platforms. It works on *BSD and linux(both glibc and musl libc based distro) alike.

Google doesn't care about anything other than chromeos and trashed flashrom upstream's compatibility layer. It doesn't build out of box on musl based linux distro and *BSD. Even after major local patches, tools crash/suffer undefined behavior.

Why are there no updates or anything since December?