I hate Nu-Simpsons so fucking much

it's almost a dare now

Why would you watch this show?

Just out of curiosity. It's unwatchable. Fucking unwatchable. I dare people.

I always thought The Simpsons were overly westernized chinese migrant.

Simpsons is legitimately worse than Family Guy at this point. I'm dead fucking serious.

By a long shot

As a kid I watched it, then to South Park and it was too Jewy for me.
Stopped watching anime.

we're talking nu-simpsons here

Just coming here to say that simpsons stops being fun after season 12. Through 8 to 12 you still have some funny episodes, not all of them, but it's not complete shit at that point. After that you can delete everything you have.

It really makes me sad watching new simpsons, like watching an old friend becoming a total faggot.

I consider season 11 the end of classic Simpsons. It still has some funny scenes (pic-related) and Behind the Laughter is a good final episode to end it on.

yis

Last good season: 9

Last watchable season: 10

gug

Same reason people watch E3 and trainwrecks my man.

The trick is to pirate it to show a bit of extra spite towards them.

Who the hell watches the show at this point? Old people who leave the TV on? Eight year olds wanting to watch a grown up cartoon? I just don't get how it gets any kind of ratings right now.

I dislike watching it because the voices sound so different.

the increasing incest subtext between Bart and Lisa

That goes for a lot of shows. How does all those stupid non history shows in the history channel stay on? What about all those stupid "Bitchy whores of ____" still exist?

Everything up until season 13 is watchable.

I did tho

You underestimate normalfags

I actually saw a new episode I kind of liked the other day. It was the one where Lovejoy gets replaced by a cooler priest who talks about pop culture all the time. Nothing to write home about, I was just struck by how not awful it was.

wtf are you doing?

Normalfags don't stick with something for twenty years though. They're off watching Big Bang Theory now. The Simpsons fans are something else There be autism here. The question is: who?

Normalfag aren't watching it for 20 years you poop. The influx of normie fans happened after the movie.

Are you fucking daft or just a millenial? The Simpsons was at its biggest in the 90s. Normies were all over it then.

Do you even see what this thread is about you dumb faggot. Can you even read? God, I thought most of the reddit left during the hack.

Millennial confirmed. Opinion discarded.

The Simpsons was decent kino long, long time ago

Last line got me.

Everybody always talks about what the last good Simpson season was, but what was the 'worst season?
I'd say it's gotten """better""" in the past few years, but not because of any improvements in writing, it's just that the writers care so little the show has lost any sense of quality and has become the most bland thing possible.

the one where Grandpa comes out as gay is a strong contender

2/10
The lighting is decent.

it's from an actual episode, m8

Speaking of gay, I heard there's one where Patty comes out as lesbian.

Without having seen it, I wholeheartedly support this idea.
Having the frigid dyke come out as lesbian was a stroke of genius.

(That's Patty by the way, the more bitter and unbearable of the two Bouvier twins, not Selma who stars in some episodes and acts like a human being from time to time.)

I know. I was making the point that their standards have slipped.

that was in S15

Thanks. At least they did something right.
I don't expect it's all that funny though.

sorry, actually 16

Not a problem.

For me, season 8 is the last good season.
arguments for season 9 being the post-gold season are mainly centered around the episode Pricipal and the Pauper, where Principal Skinner turns out to be using a fake name, his real name is Timian or something. The real Skinner died in 'Nam, except he didn't or some shit.
Even the voice actor for Skinner thought the episode was crap.

Having not seen that episode, I don't really have any strong feelings one way or the other.

If Principal and the Pauper didn't jump the shark, "Lisa The Simpson" did.

The drama of the episode is that the Simpsons have a gene that renders it's members retarded by adulthood, and this scares Lisa.

The episode makes a point of showing that Homer suffered it, and Bart has begun suffering it too, as his grades were quite good just a few years prior.

Turns out the gene only affects the men, who become lonely failures, while the Simpsons women become doctors and architects.

Despite the drama of the episode being centered around a child worrying about their future, it's resolved as soon as Lisa is satisfied with hers, while no one seems to care for Bart's. (not even Bart, who is now aware of the gene).

I know Bart takes a lot of abuse on the show anyway, and it wouldn't bother me if everyone's neglect for Bart was satirical in some way, but it's not called attention to at all after the resolution.

Also, this episode was clearly going for an aspirational (read: feminist) ending.

They did it too well.

People who don't get The Principal & the Pauper are the worst.

it sucks even if it's meta

I honestly didn't think the Armand Tamzarian/Principal Skinner episode was that bad. The 'jerkass Homer' effect is worse. The one where he meets Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger is, if not the first shitty one, where it is irredeemably bad.

Same reason they watch the Oscars.

Artstyle looks lazy and ugly as shit, besides Lisa is a fucking feminazi beloved by tumblrinas.

It's like Lego themselves did better, but doesn't top Megablocks.

Yeah but they later wiped their asses with that script and made an episode where Homer is a genius but with a crayola inserted in his brain.

The episode had it's moments unlike says. The episode that I can't stand is the one where Homer goes on a tour with a musical band as a cannon man, shit is the blandest if you don't who the fuck those people are.

I never really understood the rage over that episode. Are people really that concerned about Simpsons lore?

Kinda yeah.

Before then, there was a relatable sense of realism to the stories. After that one though, it was clear they were willing to go full wacky which made it impossible to care about the characters the way you could previously.

Like the episode where Homer gets a female coworker who he's atteacted to is relatable. People have that happen and you can question whether it's right to cheat or leave your spouse for this person that feels right in that moment. If they had played it full wacky with side characters spouting catch phrases like mad and whatever else then you would not be emotionally invested in the story and the jokes told wouldn't feel like as much of a relief from the tension built up.

It's not lore, it's basic consistency you poof

how do you not know who Peter Franzen and the Smashing Pumpkins are?

Or The Alan Parsons Project for that matter?

he wasn't in that episode though

He was mentioned.

What was the africa/brazil season? I feel like that's where it went to utter shit.

no

Africa was in 12, Brazil was in 14

Isnt there an entire website dedicated to the simpsons being shit?

Well then up to season 11 is watchable

nigger what? the Africa episode is great

It's utter shit you reddit faggot

Not every show needs consistency, and the Simpsons is obviously not a show that has ever been too fussed about consistency. Details about Springfield get changed all the time on a whim.

Actually it was pretty consistent before nu-simpsons. Some liberties were taken for comedic effect from time to time, but overall it was a believable world. Now there's an abandoned mansion with a tranny celebrity or a gay bar across Simpsons's house in every episode.

Dead Homer Society

Anyone has that copypasta with the best quotes from it