Mozilla rebranding

Well, it's better than the shit they were throwing around earlier, at least.

Other urls found in this thread:

w3schools.com/browsers/
quellish.tumblr.com/post/126712999812/how-on-earth-the-facebook-ios-application-is-so
facebook.com/notes/facebook-engineering/under-the-hood-dalvik-patch-for-facebook-for-android/10151345597798920
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*golf clap*

Looks like shit.

Chrome did X, therefore, we must do X too :')

It could have been any one of these instead.

The eye one is awesome, actually. Better than Moz://a.

All hands looks like goatse

I thought it was a coffee bean, but yellow. It looks so much like a coffee bean, that I actually think the marketing pays for itself. Mozilla browsers/programming are for people who actually get shit done. It would also pull some Opera fags along for the ride, so that collapses someday for being cancer.

Chrome isn't a company.

pozzilla

it should be hidden, it's pointless.

chrome and other browsers will just mark http sites as unsafe very soon.

Or they could have kept the old logo and used the money they saved to improve their software.

How new are you? Logo is the most important part of the project. Haven't you seen the Holla Forums browser development threads?

No, the prefix is important when you copy and paste an url.

Remember people, this is where your donations are going to.

I bet this tard uses chrome

nope.

w3schools.com/browsers/

Firefox usage drops about 4% each year.

By the end of 2017 they should be around 11% market share.

By my calculations Firefox will reach Opera levels by 2020.

Imagine if they fired literally everyone who doesn't write software.

They are probably not broke thought. Mozilla is e-begging for money because they want to do more marketing to increase their marketshare. The majority of users are normalfags, shit like this works.

They can't just hire more devs to improve Firefox since it is a mountain of legacy code and has huge number of issues that hasn't been fixed for years. Just look at Neovim github for example. 150 pull requests that can't be merged because of Vim's legacy code fuckups. Merging them quickly will only cause pain and suffering in long run.

What they are doing with Servo is a good start. Starting from blank with a new project and slowly refactoring the old one is now the only sane option.

though

I don't have the numbers but they make millions a year from Google or whoever's search engine they are bundling as the default these days. That's where all of their money comes from, maintaining a userbase and selling the default search engine status to the highest bidder.

They could absolutely hire more devs to work on Firefox whatever its shortcomings. But they have a classic case of misaligned business incentives. Making existing users happy doesn't immediately win them anything, and while their market share continues to shrink, more than enough gravy keeps pouring in to maintain a reasonably-sized company. So three things happen.

1. They try to copy Chrome and steal their users and fail
2. They try crazy shit that is never ever going to take off like Firefox OS for the chance of finding a new audience that they can sell to Jewgle
3. They throw money at SJWs and "designer" idiots and other virtual signalling because they have their heads up their asses and are completely insulated from the market as long as they have a Google or Yahoo or Microsoft to suckle from

They're so fucking out of touch that they think people care about the Mozilla brand, let alone know what it is.

rad. I meant virtue signaling

Throwing money at the SJW designers doesn't help them because those fucks use Chrome because Google, or Safari because Apple.

I should add that there is also the typical retarded Silicon Valley growth obsession, where you can't just run a sustainable profitable business, you have to be trying to spread like cancer or people won't respect you. They'll respect Facebook For Dogs with no business model more than a sustainable business with a beloved product and multimillions in profit if Facebook For Dogs is "growing" faster.

oddly similar

In reality it is not that easy. You can't just throw more devs into the huge project.

Read pic related.

inb4 mozillafags banned for using emotes ://

For reference of what happens when you throw more developers at a product, quellish.tumblr.com/post/126712999812/how-on-earth-the-facebook-ios-application-is-so and facebook.com/notes/facebook-engineering/under-the-hood-dalvik-patch-for-facebook-for-android/10151345597798920 which they were somehow proud of rather than absolutely mortified that they had to go that far just to make it run.

They should switch to Blink and sell themselves as the privacy friendly alternative to Chrome.

They better make Firefox use moz:// URLs now instead of the shitty chrome://.

Yes I have also heard of this meme book thousands of times from countless disposable valleyfag clones and understand the concept. I was responding to >>704384's claim that "They can't just hire more devs to improve Firefox." Point is they could have hired more good devs, fired bad ones, changed their priorities, whatever, to make the browser better. Instead they hire "designers", dump money into doomed projects, and put feminists on tech welfare. Because they're fucking around on someone else's dime, and will never have to deal with the consequences of the company's eventual failure.