No one explains this shit well enough

Alright can someone explain to me why two pivoted magnets next to each other is not used to create energy? I mean fuck, you can have it churn a stick connected to a cog and use friction electricity shit like in those power bikes. The magnets don't spin fast enough or what? Plus I don't understand why this isn't perpetual motion. Like I get if the magnetic fields decrease overtime but that's not related to the energy of the system right? Like the shit used in order to create power decays over time but like for a realistic amount of time, why isn't this shit utilized?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_generator
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_crystal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're right, all the other scientists and engineers out there completely overlooked this concept. Now go develop it and become the savior of the world.

No man, come on explain to me why people say this shit doesn't work other than the thermodynamics shit. Like, I understand the friction shit, but I mean for a realistic application where every period of time the speed gets reset.

Actually can you explain to me why this violates the 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics like every bullshit thread on Reddit says?

What you described is basically this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_generator

Once the poles are facing each other you need energy to seperate them so they can spin back to face each other.

In other words you only get out what you put in.

What if you did this in space and the only thing keeping the magnet pivoted is another magnet but the opposite side of that magnet which causes the push but there's shit on either side keeping the magnet from flying out and barriers to decreases the magnetism between both floating pivots sides so that it doesn't interact with each other's spin spin?

is for

What the fuck do you mean? Because swiping two magnets next to eachother does create electricity. That's what a generator is. The problem is you still need external energy to move a rotor against a stator such as wind or water or an internal combustion turbine. What generators essentially do is convert mechanical energy into electrical energy.

Why don't perceptual motion machines work? Well, aside from magnets being physically stable (for all intents and purposes each pole of a static magnet is infinitely positive and infinitely negative, thus a magnet is stable, no usable work can be created from 2 stable magnets unless an external force is applied.) This is also why you can't just have a positive magnet float above another positive magnet. One side will be infinitely repelling while the other will be infinitely attracting.

You can also look at this from a logical point of view rather than a physical one. Think about this for a moment, a perceptual motion machine is supposed to create more energy than it is given. I repeat myself, a perceptual motion machine takes little or no energy and creates a net increase in energy. The implications of this being possible would mean the universe itself is a very unstable place, life itself shouldn't exist in this case. Since the conditions would then be met for energy to be created through natural phenomenon without being destroyed or converted.

Alright, all you could have said was that friction exists.

nothing would happen as the system will be stable.

This is because if I understand your scenario properly all the pivots are connected to the same structure. Without a base a pivot is not a pivot.

Energy can be neither created or destroyed.
It's converted. To be honest I think your idea already exists. I think it's called electromagnetism. At least, the core concept is this physics concept. The relationship between magnetic and electrical forces. I mean, am I wrong?

The repel and attraction between positively and negatively charged particles? You would be using this concept to rub other shit together, when you're idea should be to manipulate that idea into something renewable. It's hard to explain this and I'm not explaining it correctly.

Nah brah, using another magnetic to move the other magnets, forever and ever.

Of course, you would need to contain this energy, so you would want some kind of material that can be controlled and store that energy, like a battery.

I know, but you don't understand, these perceptual motion faggots are so fucking set on believing that this shit is possible and that the government is covering it up. You have to apply logic because these faggots can't into physics

PERPETUAL

I'm checking those perceptual digits tbh

What I was going for was that there was a series of other magnets that were pivoted but their poles were opposite to the one of the magnets that was to spin but cause it to spin.
But I don't even understand my own scenario, it wouldn't work, at one of the rotations it would stick to another magnet and thus stop the process. There needs to be a magnet with the same two poles.

It sounds like an electric motor.

Like the motor nothing will happen unless external energy is supplied to destabilise the system.

Which is impossible.

The problem with your theory is potential energy is lost making the other magnet move.

More accurately you are adding external energy to the system via kinetic energy which is then turned into potential energy in the attraction back to the magnet.

When the magnets returns back into position the energy is used up as kinetic.

You got back out what you put in.

You can kind of simulate two poles with a horseshoe magnet but yeah.

No, I'll shut up now, I was tired when I thought about this and thus retarded. This shit can't work in any situation. I just wanted an explanation that just sites thermodynamics because I'm too stupid to actually get the fucking point that it tries to bring across. I was just looking for an answer like friction to apply with the law. Sorry for wasting your time guys.

I was trying to find if friction was just it as well which causes the violation of the law.

Wait shit, I didn't mean "just sites thermodynamics", I meant doesn't just site thermodynamics.

SO you're consensus is, there is no 3rd dimensional solution to any placement of any number of any kind of magnetic material that could be controlled and to supply an unlimited amount of energy without being controlled by another energy source?

You're saying that energy created wouldn't be possible without another energy source? It's impossible to use magnets as a force within themselves to work against and towards each other to create an electrical current without another source of energy applied?

OP here, yeah. Like I was getting there in my flawed idea, but like I knew you can't just have two magnets spin and have shit happen. I mean it could maybe. You would need to measure some quantum mechanics tier shit right there.

I mean could like a time crystal be of any use here? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_crystal

Pretty much. You can't create energy, just convert it as someone has already said. Any system you propose would just stabilise over time if not immediately without external energy.

It was an interesting thought experiment.

Spinning magnets are the basis of electric motors/generators.

Its just that without external energy the magnets would stabilise each other.

Only at the pivot points assuming the magnets are spinning in space without atmosphere or pressure.

No, a magnet has two sides of polarity, positive and negative.
Here are you're magnets.

- + - + - + - + friction source - + - + - + - + -

Assume each negative on either end is one magnet, like all the other positive. When you turn that negative around and it's facing the positive side towards all the other positives, it would repel in a chain reaction.

ergo, electromagnetism

Oil shill, what's good baby?

Whats oil got to do with it?

Hush

this leads to a crazy answer about suppressing infinite energy to keep the petrodollar going and something about the jews doesn't it?

- the jews, but sure, why not. i know how smart anonymous can be. i would be worried if my financial security relied on nonrenewable energy consumption and i knew some stoners on the internet were on the brink of solving the energy crisis using an ICP meme almost a decade old

in the old days we would have just killed them and nicked their oil

c'est la vie

I tried building this thing twice. All the magnets turn sideways.

( (-a^i) / (a^-i) ) x ( (-b^i) / (b^-i) )
/
e=mc^2

some cogs rotating magnets accordingly
- + - + - + - + - friction source - + - + - + - + -
energy cells
+ - + - + - + - + friction source + - + - + - + - +
some cogs rotating magnets accordingly

Try more magnets

infinite magnets == infinite energy

Bruh, the Earth is held in place by the suns magnetic polarity, and spins because of it's own magnetic polarity.

Dude, we are gravity. Praise Satan.

It's not engery:
1. You'd have to expend energy to get all the magnets in place
2. You'd have a "primary mover" issue, something has to trigger the magnets to start the chain
3. The magents would find equalibrium and come to a halt after all of their poles line up
4. Every time a magnet moves it looses some energy due to friction/heat

1. magnets don't lose energy
2. pic related

The idea is to position the magnets in a way that allows them to move each other on their own. And to start the process all one would have to do is simply turn a magnet around to face it's similar polarity, thus causing the chain reaction to continuously spin the magnets and move a final product back and forth again, such as friction to create an electrical current that can be used to power other shit.

I see the problem of them finding equilibrium. That could be solved using more magnets placed elsewhere, in a forced perspective that wouldn't let the magnets go flying around and shit like gas particles in a balloon.

see

Tbh, the simplest way to debunk most free energy schemes is understanding that the source of friction isn't simply "things grinding against other things," but also in the act of generating electricity itself. See vid related:

The act of generating electricity in one direction generates electricity in the opposite direction as well (every action has an equal and opposite reaction), this electricity pushes back against the magnet and slows it down. If it weren't for gravity, it would come to a complete stop.

Whoop.

While we're on the topic of magnets; Does anyone know how or why the earths magnetosphere functions if super-heated metals hold no magnetism? Does this mean the earth is NOT molten metal, or does the magnetosphere come from somewhere else?

This.

Is like using water falling down to power a turbine. Hurr durr infinite energyyyyy teslaaaa. No, dummy, you have to LIFT THE WATER at some point so it can fall down.