Remember when that kike Tara Strong got so asshurt over Chris Rock's comments on voice acting...

Remember when that kike Tara Strong got so asshurt over Chris Rock's comments on voice acting? The funny thing is the voice acting industry is guilty of hiring people just because of their voices, look at guys like Patrick Warburton and Tim Curry. Both great actors but let's not kid ourselves into believing that they got hired because of their voice acting talents.

I'm not defending Dreamworks' bullshit casting choices but I just hate the hypocrisy coming from Strong and her fucking ilk.

Other urls found in this thread:

oneangrygamer.net/2016/10/why-the-video-game-voice-actor-strike-is-utterly-silly/14707/
archive.is/AX92m
yourfaveisproblematic.tumblr.com/post/53680847485/grey-delisle
archive.is/Isgwc
greydelisle.tumblr.com/
supernerdland.com/performance-matters-interview-with-veteran-voice-actress-lani-minella/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was she pissed these big names get glorified paid vacations, while "real VAs" get the scraps?

That's another thing I don't get, voice acting for these big name celebs is just a paid vacation and most of them love doing these movies because they don't really have to put that much work into the final product.

I can tell you right now that Jim Cummings probably got paid a shit ton of money to be in the Princess and The Frog, same with Peter Cullen and Frank Welker in those Transformers movies.

Hell Frank Welker gets paid for doing animal voices for a living!

Gonna need some serious context

Nope. Literally sounds like something beneath notice for the majority of people.

Which is why taking lessons for voice acting is a waste of time. If you've got a voice that the industry likes, you'll get the job. If you don't, you can train all you want, they'll just get someone to whom the perfect voice comes naturally.

Want a charming badass with a deep voice? Get Roger Craig Smith.
Want a confused average guy way in over his head? Get Nolan North.
Want a world-weary/disillusioned vet/ex-hardcore tough guy? Get Troy Baker.
Want a seductive vixen? Get Laura Bailey or Grey Delisle.
Want an excessively feminine/girly voice? Get Tara Strong or Grey Delisle.
Want an over-the-top "I love you, please don't leave me!" voice? Get Kari Wahlgren.

And so on. Skill or talent has nothing to do with it, you either got the voice or you don't.

the trick is working for next to nothing. or sometimes, if your lucky, nothing

WRONG ON ALL COUNTS!

Get Steve Blum.
Get Steve Blum.
Get Steve Blum.
Get Steve Blum.
Get Steve Blum.
Get Steve Blum.

you fucking cocksucker

well I'd like to see you make convincing animal noises.

Buy me a drink and sweet talk me first!

Frank Welker could voice anything. He voices animals, he voices inanimate objects, I'm pretty sure he actually voices all of reality.
The day this man dies is gonna be the day when global silence falls forever.

Think about it.

Seriously..you are now reading every word in this thread in Frank Welker's voice. He is that damn good.

Double Wrong.
You want any voice at all? get Troy Baker.

I always read every word in Frank Welker's voice.
Partially because every voice can be Frank Welker's voice.

You're joking, but in Book of Memories, that handheld Silent Hill spinoff, Troy played literally every single role in the game. Yes, this includes the female characters.

Also let's not pretend that the people like John O'Hurley get cast because of their wide range of acting when it comes to their voice, O'Hurley gets cast because he has a recognizable voice and chances are most people only cast him because they loved him on Seinfeld.

He kinda looks like Daran Norris.

All the real money is in videogame voice work anyways. If you're a professional Va you should try going in that instead of animation.

What does it matter? It counts views and gives hits wherever you watch it.

I think of him as the guy on Family Feud before Steve Harvey.

But Tara Strong Handjob gets asshurt, where?

well Eric Bauza did parody Chris Rock.

Wait…what?

If you're a professional expect to be doing both. The fact is that most VA's working professionally wind up working on multiple projects at a time.

I don't remember Tara Strong's reaction. Got sauce?

What a quarky fellow.

Book of Memories was an amazing trainwreck

Maybe you baiting faggots forgot Tom Kenny on purpose.
The guy took lessons to increase his vocal range and they paid off. Of course Chris Rock thinks the job is easy, he never had to do Spongebob's laugh, Zim's yell or Dan Backslide's monologue. It's a job that can tear one up, physically and financially. Why do you think Cree Summers does every black woman ever? Because every gig pays peanuts and she has to work constantly to eat. Something an abrasive jackass like Chris Cuck wouldn't understand.

The worst part is that I can tell this is going to be Holla Forums's version of "EBERT SAID GAMES AREN'T ART", another high-status idiot with a wrong opinion. Please don't repeat this. Do something better with your life.

I never realized until now how much Tara Strong's voice annoys the crap out of me.

Seriously, like nails on a fucking chalkboard.

She made as a response. Asshurt levels through the goddamn roof.

You would be rear-rustled too if a celebrity swept into your workplace, did your job for a day (poorly), and said it wasn't hard at all.

unless it really isn't hard in which case, apply yourself.

Why do you strike me as the type of person who throws a hissy fit over celebs doing voicing in movies, yet probably goes to ToonZone forums and writes tons of paragraphs praising Mark Hamill's Joker?

Guess what asshole, the industry doesn't hire people because they have talent, they hire them because they can do a specific type of voice. Steve Blum said in an interview that he has range but he always gets typecast to play a grizzled badass.

Also you make it sound like these people are only getting paid 2 bucks an hour, which is of course complete and utter fucking bullshit!

At best they most likely get paid 33.82 an hour which is way more than what the local teenage fuck who's working at McDonald's, plus you act like these people don't have ANY other way to make money, even though Cree Summer was on A Different World back in the day and I bet she still gets royalty checks for reruns.

Not to mention these people get paid to show up at cons and most of them charge you money to sign shit.

Just fucking kill yourself faggot.

Not him, but is Hamill really you're counterpoint? The guy pretty much stopped doing live action stuff well before BtAS, and the Joker role shows he has some range and can really go all out. He does put the work in to be a good voice actor.

But, some celebs can really do voice work fine, some just fall a-fucking-part. The thing of it is though, unless you're Jackie Chan, I don't imagine live action acting is that much more difficult.

I don't even know why you faggots are even addressing OPs retarded shit though. Who cares? This thread should have kept just talking about how Welker created the first sounds heard by human ears.

This is weak fucking bait.

Before there was speech..there was Welker.

aren't VAs massively overpaid for the little work they do?

A lot of high profile VAs apparently have voice recording studios at home so they can work from home, which probably helps them do a whole buncha jobs at once.

I think Hamill got more into voice acting because he couldn't get anything but B movies and Star Wars con appearances.

Case in point; Blum voiced Guilmon.

I doubt it. And I highly doubt 'royalties' are a thing in voice acting.

And much like any artistic pursuit, even if the work itself seems 'easy', the practice and effort it takes to get good at it isn't. Voice actors aren't just saying a line and calling it a day, they're doing as many takes as required to get a good line. It's not too different from regular acting in a lot of ways.

If you're using video games as a reference, it's more that basically everyone else involved in games is shockingly underpaid.

Wasn't that made for the I Know That Voice documentary? At the very least they had a bit where Bauza voices a cartoon Rock.

Mark Hamill was doing VA before Star Wars.

He didn't though.

it looks like a bunch of VAs are getting pissy about their pay again

Nobody gets paid what they deserve in vidya. Hopefully the rest of the teams join the strike.

Which company are you a loyal fanboy for? Seriously, this strike has been in the talks at least since before this thread started, and I'm pretty sure it's a direct reaction to it. So, what is OP's exact fanboy reason for not wanting people to get paid for the part they play? Especially here on Holla Forums, where we do notice and care when VAs change for no reason or a shit performance ruins something we love. So why a thread in obvious protest to a voice actor strike that DOESN'T EVEN EFFECT CARTOONS?

The devs, the people who actually make the games and do most of the work, get paid far less than these actors do

So? Then they should join the strike, not puss out and do all that work so some faggot WB exec can reap the benefits of their hard work. How stupid of an excuse is "these guys aren't getting paid enough either!"? So if everyone is fucked, no one should try to get unfucked? That's a loser mentality.

Its the same for real actors, you get hired for your looks, not talent. And anyone who is from Holla Forums hates VAs because they get paid a shitton more per hour than programmers and animators while pulling maybe an 8th of the hours, and then they demand royaltys while they would be the only ones getting any besides the execs. Sure, they can have stuff with damaging their voice, but thats why they need to take reponsibility and trian their voices so not tho dmagage them, much like anyone else practices and trains to get better and minimize risks.

Much like the VAs, devs are replacable. Vidya used to use family and friends for voice acting, and proabably will do so again with the strike, so the devs will fuck themselves over hard if they joined. Plus many vas have no love, respect and in some cases down right hate devs, they wont want to fight for the devs, or they would have asked them to join already and encouraged a developers/ animators guild.

Hopefully Holla Forums joins a strike and fucks off Holla Forums to suck off Hiroyuki or something because that's where most of you actually belong.
Try not to get too upset over my image.

Tara strong is always pissy and always a retard. She got really mad when people did not like TTG.

Are you retarded? You defend this bullshit as if it is some big bad crime that voice actors get payed a shit ton but still need more and more rights. They even want to have overtime for anything over two hours and want actual rights over the profits made when devs or animators do not get any of that.

There is a surplus of all 3, and unlike the writter strike which should have lost they do not have connections to the top positions like directors and producers. I wosh I had the article, but the voice of Ivy from soul calibur had the perfect rubuttal to all this. Also, expect the clique (wil, tara, burch, and so on) to all scab. Cap this, they will scab, because they want more credits to their name, and removimng competition by getting them to strike and hurt the union helps them if they scab.

Oh, there is no fucking doubt in my mind that those assholes won't actually be on strike.

It did

Fuck off fag

Voice actors want royalties for sitting on their fucking asses & control over the content of the game

They aren't serious actors hollywood considers them sound effects>>707197

Like I said its a fucking 2 pronged ploy, to make themselves a larger name while eliminating their competition who probably cannot afford to not work while not affording to go against the union and to get more money and gatekeeping to go with their newly found influence.

I could have sworn they won, I mean I am glad they lost, but I could have sworn they got more than they deserved in the end.

And I'm sure your fatass boss will give you that raise so you can move out of your parents' basement if you just work harder and suck up to him a little more.

They got some paltry concessions that were barely worth anything and they made far less money off the strike than they would have if they didn't strike and went to work instead.

The South Park episode really is a documentary on it

Oh give me a fucking break homo

Voice acting is not these peoples bread & butter & most of the high profile ones r striking.

they are pretty much going fuck you got mines gibsmedat for four hours of work while the rest of the team doing shit gets nothing but scraps & can't strike cus they will be replaced like condoms

Your pic hurts your argument. They can always find a voice to work for cheaper, its what they did in vidya. As long as a single person says "I can take less" then it won't work. At best like they will get lip service like the writers, but no way in hell are they getting royalties. And asking for royalties will probably cost them.

You really support these assholes and their ludicrous demands that just fuck over every other employee present? These voice actors want rights over how a game is made and want to actually change how a cartoon or game is being made. They want rights over profits when the writers and animators do not get that. Programmers do not get that. These fags want overtime for two hours of work and their pay doubled when they already get amazing benefits. The people striking are all terrible people or fucking idiots in general.

Its funny, they are not even a majority in vidya, only 25% of shit huses sagafta according to this
oneangrygamer.net/2016/10/why-the-video-game-voice-actor-strike-is-utterly-silly/14707/

My heart truly weeps for Nolan North and Troy Baker who get paid 100 bucks an hour if not more to record lines for Uncharted 4.

Seriously fuck these ungrateful cunts, nobody plays video games plays them because of Nolan North, they play them for the gameplay!

And honestly these fuckers did everyone a favor in the end, no more Tara Strong, Nolan North, Troy Baker, Steve Blum, Fred Tatasciore, Jenifer Hale and Roger Craig Smith doing the same two or three voices in the latest Triple A video game.

If I was a dev, I'd just hire people from Voices.Com who would most likely work for less and not bitch about any royalties because they're just trying to get their names out there.

The strike is fucking retarded considering they want to get paid more than the goddamn devs who make the games, but faggots saying fuck voice actors are also stupid. Fuck all the idiots who support the strike but don't lump in every VA with those greedy fucks.

dude I've talked to ones who think Burch/Wesley r shit

Well from what I've read it only seems to be the people who are working under the LA union. Meaning that game devs can now just outsource shit to Canada, hire people from the internet or hire VA's who aren't part of the LA union.

But I still think Strong and Wheaton are pieces of shit.

So shitty voice actors, you mean? You can always tell the anime that got a Canadian dub because it's shit, for example.

Everyone is bringing up Wheaton like he's captain Voice Actor. That's pretty faggot bullshit "I'm going to name the worst of the lot by a wide margain, that means they're all assholes!"

So we have a thread that is obviously made by some corporate cock sucking cuck from Holla Forums, who has no argument except "These companies fuck over everyone anyway, why should they get unfucked?". Who cares? OP, if you're not a total cuck, explain why you posted this on Holla Forums. I assume you crossposted it on Holla Forums, where they look at that list of publishers and know everyone of them is a class A bunch of jews. Why are you in their corner?

Oh hi Will, took you long enough.

Let me explain something to you and I know this is gonna sound shocking but EA is know for buying various developers and then shutting them down, like Pandemic studios.

See unlike this fucking insects you look up to, once a developer goes out of business all the animations and programmers who worked on said development team have to find new jobs and most of them end up going back to work for EA again because EA loves to buy out developers and suck out all their blood.

As for voice actors? They'll still find work in cartoons.

But oh no they aren't getting paid royalties! It's not fair!

Fuck off and die faggot.

Wheaton's been a piece of shit since forever, so him supporting something as ridiculous as this is no surprise.
Sad to see Strong attached to it, though. She always seemed more reasonable than that to me.

Wil is a faggot cuck, just like you. He also is poor at making an actual case or expressing himself with limp wristed deflection and changing the subject, just like you. So, Wil, when you come here and try to throw other VAs under the bus, will you get paid enough to stay in Mac n Cheese for the next year?

You spoke up against EA, so I'm guessing you're more a fan of WB. I've noticed a lot of their fanboys out in force trying to get people to change reviews to positive now that MKX got fixed on PC, as if owners who might not even play the game anymore are obligated to update their reviews on day one. And I have to assume WB cock sucking doesn't fly too well on Holla Forums, so you came here for some reason.

What rock have you been living under user.

You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means faggot.

His voice should be in everything.

The one good thing I hoped would come out of that is some new voice talent in vidya. I like Tara Strong and Steve Blum but I get sick of hearing Troy Baker and Nolan North in every triple a game.

I love his voice but I fear if he appears in everything its value will go down. Kind of like the saying of too much of a good thing is bad.

Tara was better when less popular and had more range. Now she has 2 voices really, her own and raven. I loved her as presea but she is only really hired for her regular voice now. Also, if you like crispin, hes part of this shit too, or was last year, and once again, I can admit he has no range and is hired for his unique voice only.

fixed

I know of Crispin Glover mostly because anime fangirls keep fawning over him.

I don't know. Everytime I hear Patrick Warbuton, I would automatically assume that the character he's voicing is either a lovable dork…or a dorky villain.

Congratulations, you've discovered why unions are necessary

Crispin freeman.

And then they protect their corrupt ilk and squash competitiors over petty shit up to and including beliefs. Plus the union is only ~25% of the industry so they have no power.

Thank you for correcting me on Crispin Freeman user.

Its fine. I thought the name was more unique, guess not.

Trust me as soon as devs start hiring non union VA's for video games these assholes will come crawling back.

I remember when they tried doing this shit last year, it went nowhere.

Persona 5 is mostly voiced by new or unknown actors, so that makes me hope that other games will follow suit.

I'm pretty sure a dude who did standup while scrubbing shrimp off plates at work knows a little something about getting paid peanuts.

VAIDF hard at work i see

Honestly, I'm of two minds.

On the one hand, I can sympathise with VAs who complain they're being squeezed out of their business by big name celebrities whose only advantage over professional voice actors is that they have name value, that they're famous for being on-camera actors and they don't necessarily have the kind of skill set needed to be a good voice actor, unlike the professionals.

On the other hand, VAs who want more money, benefits and royalties for doing maybe a week's work on a video game when the developers, animators, people who actually make the game work on it for years and don't even get paid a fraction of what the VAs get, those VAs can fuck right off.

i'd hire tara strong for her looks if you know what i'm saying

You've got low standards and like big fake tits?

bingo!

This is an extremely unhelpful attitude.

Here's a more active stance:

Thats what will happen, this will damage the union. The union should of had a monopoly before trying this shit. Then again, unlike a teachers union, you do not need years of training to be a voice actor, you only need a good voice director at most, and some luck. Games used family members of the developers for christ sakes before using "professional voice actors". And with with what they are asking, you may as well comission singers, they would work cheaper than the post asking cost and have the bonuses of stronger voices, more range, they can actually sing, and unlike VAs, they have fame to pull normalfags in to buy the products. This is a losing battle for the union and anyone who cheers, and will be a silent blacklist in years to come not illegal as long as there is competition and they do not say why they are not hiring the ex-union VAs

Anoyher thing I noticed, the VAs travel alot, but choose to live in fucking las angelas, one of the more expensive places to live. I have no sympathy for their choce to not live within their means.

Haha no. The only hope sagafta and even ptogrammers and animators would have is with a model like japan Voice actors, having to join a studio (they do not go for freelances) and the studion gets you work and helps with negotiations per work contract. And the VAs have to maintain image, forgo luxuries like relationships, and be the face of the characters, and be held liable for damaging the characters image. But liability is a foriegn concept to western entertainers, so it aint happening.

I think thats because all the cartoon studios are located there so they have to voice there or something.

For Western programmers would setting their own studio help with this stuff? I know they will have to face a lot of the cost for doing so but i wonder if it would help a bit.

They have to, for their work. Recording by satellite, for example, is very expensive.

The great part is he didn't even say voice acting was easy compared to "real" acting, just easy compared to having an actual fucking job

VAs confirmed again for having massive inferiority complexes

So does this mean all these drama queens throwing a hissy fit will never work on games again, because that sounds like a good deal to me. Also there are states other than California where being forced to use unions are illegal. I don't see a fucking voice actors union having good mafia backing like other unions, so fuck these retards and the cuckchan SJWs defending them in this thread.

Is that like a right to work law or something?

Yes. Texas is a good example.

bump

Why was my conversation with the other guy deleted?

Maybe they should.

wew

Wew indeed.

There are multiple varients to VA in the business. From whether the va are good to producers being too fucking lazy/greedy to find a good va so they use star power.

We all know there are va that pull voices out of their asses that we would never believe who the VA was until credits show up. Also some producers care more about using star power to get people watch a movie as a easy gimmick. So chris rock isn't right, but isn't wrong either.

I'm personally hoping they price themselves out of the market, so we can go back to the charmingly shitty voice acting of the past, done by whoever happened to be on hand in the office.

Has anyone else noticed animated movies are more likely to use crew people and their children in noticeable bit parts? You think that says something about VAs?

Vidya used to do it too with mixed results, but all they need is a good voice and sound director to make cast and crew voices work.

This one?

archive.is/AX92m

Yeppers.

I still find it charming he'll come back and do Freddy's voice because he loves doing that character when most actors, like Troy Baker and Kanji, don't go back to older roles.

Partly because he wanted to get away from Star Wars but no one really wanted 'Luke Skywalker', like with Amadeus, and he was just doing a bunch of Broadway shows. He had done voice acting before, but he wasn't getting known for it until the late 80s.

I'm honestly a little upset he doesn't get more old man dad roles now, he has the perfect look for it.

In a perfect world, this would be amazing if everyone could get paid a fair wage, but video games are a cutthroat business the higher up the chain you go. Everyone beneath the suits is probably underpaid for the work they do.

The voice actors, from what Jennifer Hale says, already audition so much for a small amount of roles, and the companies have basically stood their ground despite the protests. VA's are gonna feel long term effects of a strike that cuts off a revenue stream, whereas the companies can last much, much longer with scab work.

No matter what side you agree with, which personally, it's admirable, but the grunts can't afford to do this anymore than the actors can, companies can outlast a bunch of struggling actors and programmers in L.A., the capital of struggling creatives.

Quick question, does anyone else care about him since he drank pozzed Kool-Aid?

I just read the article. Good article user.

This is pretty much my stance on the deal, if you don't like the work, and you feel like you're entitled to more compensation than people putting in infinitely more effort than you to make the game you're voicing in, then you should probably start looking for other work. Tara Strong hates what she gets paid she should put those big tits of hers to work and do porn.

While it's nice to go 'but devs should join the picket lines too!' it's an incredibly ignorant way to think. There's so many new programmers and scab talent in the videogame industry that can swoop in and take your jobs, who won't complain, that doing so is essentially signing your own death warrant.

VAs need a fucking reality check. I think social media and the upswing in knowledge concerning who voices their favorite characters in media has inflated their opinions of themselves to a hilarious degree.

I sent a letter to Steve Blum as a kid asking him to sign a picture for me that I'd provided for him, mind for a class project once because he was the cool guy who did voicework in all my animes, and his response was along these lines.

>Don't bother me with your fan mail because famous people like me He seriously said the famous people like me bit, not even joking don't have time to deal with people like you.

Which I think opened my eyes to just how vein these people really are. They've got the inflated opinions of famous actors, and thus believe that they deserve a lot more than they're really entitled to. Let's be honest, a lot of voicework in videogames is superfluous and unneeded, not to mention bad most of the time anyway.

That's not even mentioning the stipulation for the protest they did regarding hiring non-union actors meant that devs couldn't include anybody else without suffering heavy fees and shit.

Steve actually said that to you? I'm sorry you had to experience that user.

Thanks user. I'd like to say that it didn't bother me, but it did sort of retroactively ruin a lot of the shit I liked that he voiced since now whenever I hear him I think about that asinine letter he sent back.

Wow. Tell me you kept the letter, user. We HAVE to see it.

If this is legit, lol at spending more time writing a letter saying you don't have time to sign a picture than it would have taken to actually just sign the damn thing.

Jesus Christ, what a fucking asshole.

And I thought Tara Strong was bad.

In VAs defense, Grey DeLisle seems cool.

inb4 user provides a link proving that she's just as much of a colossal bitch

Yeah, not gonna believe it without some semblance of proof. It could be true, but I haven't really heard about him in particular being a douchebag.
Speaking of anime VA douches, is Vic still even around? What's he doing now? How long until he gets desperate for attention and starts full-out molesting little girls rather than just groping them while taking autographed pictures?

Steve Blum only has one voice

around 2002 i used to have dbz fansites on like tripod and angelfire and i wrote kyle hebert, laura bailey and kara-whatever the one who voices goten and videl. kyle and kara signed a nice message but i never got a response from laura. i got the impression she was a bitch.

also steve blum is a kike so there you go

Mostly VAs seem friendly and humble from my experience

He used to have a lot….now he has one.

She has a tumblr, but she's made fun of SJWs in the past on it who tried to give her shit for making raunchy jokes.

He's not in as much as he used to be (probably because of those rumors). Only thing I've seen him in as of late was RWBY.

While searching for her tumblr I found this. I'd say she's still pretty cool if SJWs are this pissed with her.
yourfaveisproblematic.tumblr.com/post/53680847485/grey-delisle
archive.is/Isgwc

Otherwise the first page of her tumblr just looks like every other account.
greydelisle.tumblr.com/

Her last post on tumblr was 2 years ago. I don't blame her for stop posting on that godforsaken website.

Grey is not part of the union if I am not mistaken. Actually, aside from tara strong, I do not think any of the main cast of mlp are part of the union because they are canadian vas, and one is a musician who vas on the side. Though I could be wrong.

Thats why I do not have sympathy for them. I like the stagehands of life more than the actors, since the stage hands are the ones who control how good the actor is, even more than the actor.

Tara is originally from Canada

supernerdland.com/performance-matters-interview-with-veteran-voice-actress-lani-minella/

Unfortunately I handed it in for my class grade and didn't pick it back up before the end of the year. I can try and contact my teacher, see if he kept it, but I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure Tara's the only VA on MLP's cast who was or is involved in the strike. I think it's more because the union strike is about videogames specifically, and I don't think the other's do a whole lot of videogame work.

Yeah, the one who does Applejack and Rainbow Dash. She seems pretty cool and has a different career going at the same time, she's pretty much got zero investment in any strike.

It's just the inflated opinions of themselves that sort of bothers me. Like I said, I think social media has ballooned their egos.

She's mostly a TV VA herself

I know user, but she is the only one who lives and works from the states now. Ahe also used to have more than 2 voices, her own and raven. Presea from tales of symphonia and bubbles from ppg were actually good.

She does some vidya, as do they all, but you are right, she sticks to animation VO.

Kind of a shame that the people doing VA don't quite realize how little a difference the voices matter in video games. We went ages with no voices in games at all and people sometimes pine for that time because there could be dramatically more dialogue then.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that don't matter at all, but they sure as hell aren't the heart and soul of video games as I see some supporters of the strike are saying, not even in the current climate.

The only real reason I'm against the strike is because of the entire thing against non-union actors. I don't know shit about how unions work but that just strikes me as a dick move.

I honestly have to side with the Devs on this. One guy said it's bullshit that VA's demand a bonus if the game sells past a certain point, but the devs don't get shit no matter how well the game does. I want to say EA does have a policy in place that if a game hits a certain rating on metacritic(85) the dev team gets a $5000 bonus.

But point being, the industry as a whole needs to change. Yeah Ubisoft might be making money hand over fist when Rainbow Six comes out, but the dev team has to lay off 30% of its staff as soon as the game is finished. Sorry, VA's should not get priority over the devlopers.

If devs the actual heart and soul of video games don't get bonuses if a game sells past a certain point then no way in hell should VAs get it and them only.

You do realize it's only the voice actors going on strike?

They won't accomplish anything

Mostly, but videogames make up a pretty wide berth of her work. I assume they don't pay quite as well as long-standing television gigs do, so she probably threw her hat in the ring on the vidya strike because she dips into both sides of the ring.

To be fair, some games benefit from having good voicework. I don't think Legacy of Kain or Metal Gear would have taken off anywhere near as well if the voice cast wasn't so top notch. But that's a very small minority in the grand scheme of things, to be honest, RPGs should drop VAs altogether since they add pretty much nothing of value and operate more as a resource sink than anything else.