Very bad at math, need help calculating earth math

wouldn't this overcome and beat the force of gravity?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Calculate-the-Mass-of-a-Sphere
softschools.com/formulas/physics/orbital_velocity_formula/76/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But the rock isn't being pulled away from the center, it's being pulled into the center. The reason you feel as though the rock is pulling on you is because of Newton's 3nd law - every reaction has an equal and opposite reaction. Given that you apply a force F (equal to the momentum change of the rock M*V) to the rock, the rock also pulls on the rope (and thus your hands) with an equal force. This pulling force is not acting on the rock.

However, you can actually calculate the speed that the earth would have to spin at to neutralise gravity by equating the force due to centripetal acceleration and the gravitational force, mω^2R to GMm/R^2

Earth's flat, retard. No spinning.

I'm not calling the earth "rock" user you misunderstood

my fucking dick is flat lmao

just so you know, when you shitpost, nobody actually laughs. I don't know if you really believe it's worth it.

I know.

Are you trying to say the angular force of the earth rotating around the sun is stronger than the force of gravity holding us down on the surface?
Look up the numbers and do the maths. Gravity gets weaker further from the mass. So the suns force is much weaker than the earths.

If you were on one of jupiters moons it might be different. You would get pulled apart if you were on Europa or Io.

I know, you were talking about this scenario

feel better okay. internet bro hug.

no, the earth spinning itself. not the spin around the sun.

not sure if you understand correctly because of scribbled image and confusing post before that, but I'm using the string rock as a scale up comparison to the earth spinning on its own (not it's spin around the sun) because if we can scale up the spin of the earth I believe we will find something that doesn't belong.

7.27 × 10^-5 rad/s is the angular speed of the earth. So plug that in to the force equation
Mass x acceleration =force
It's prolly way less than G.

I am horrible at math. can you do all the math? please

but your premise in the OP is wrong. The rock is not being pulled away from the center, as I already said. Read up on circular motion.

you know what I mean user, don't play with me.

Thanks. I just… need some time to think for now.

no, it is important. If the earth spins fast enough, you're right , things will not stay on the surface. however, they also will not begin to levitate; they will stay just so that there is no reaction force between them and the earth. The minimum speed necessary for this can be found by equating the force due to centripetal acceleration and the gravitational force, as I have already said. If you look it up you'll find that this equates to the the earth completing a full rotation in one hour and 24 minutes. If it spins faster, however, objects will not begin to rise. this is because the nature of the reaction force is important. Objects stay on the surface of the earth because their weight pulls them into the center, but this is counteracted by the reaction force between the earth's surface and the object. The reaction force is what stops us from sinking into the earths core, whilst our weight keeps us moving in a circular path. Once objects are no longer in contact with the earth, there is only the weight acting inwards. Thus objects will keep moving in a circular path. If the speed of rotation of the earth is then increased, it would simply rotate beneath us.

I feel that everything you just said is bullshit. if I spin a bucket of water around my head I risk getting very hurt, but that tiny bucket of water feels extremely heavy just because I'm spinning it around, and not even that fast. now imagine the world is spinning, and the world is BIG. how are we not flying off in some horrible disaster? see?

wikihow.com/Calculate-the-Mass-of-a-Sphere
Q: What is earth's mass
Fuck the flat earth fags, the earth is a sphere. In order to find out its mass, you need to know how to find its volume.
Formula;
V = 4/3(π)(r)³
r = radius
π = motherfucking pie (3.14)
3.14 IS AN ABBREVIATION OF PIE, IF YOU USE IT IN YOUR CALCULATIONS YOU WILL GET A DIFFERENT NUMBER THAN IF YOU USE PIE IN ITS ENTIRETY
So what is the radius of the earth? You can just google that shit (3,959mi)
V = 4/3(π)(3,959)³ // Plug in the numerical value for the radius
V = 4/3(π)(62,052,103,079) // find the product of (r)³
V = (4.18667)(62,052,103,079) // multiply 4/3 by 3.14, then multiply the product by the product of (r)³
V = 259, 791, 678, 397.76 mi³

Alright, so now that you have the volume, you can use it to find the earth's density. I found earth's density online as 5.513 g/cm3. This is measured in cubic centimeters, while our volume is measured in cubic miles. You need to make sure to convert the density into the same unit as the volume, in this case it would be 1.322639038E-15, or 0.00000000000001322639038 g/mi³

Now, you multiply the density by the volume in order to find the mass.
0.00000000000001322639038 * 259, 791, 678, 397.76 = 0.0034361061559641866775488 grams. You can take this number and further convert it in to different units, but who cares.

it's high school physics, take it or leave it. We don't fly off of the world because of our weight. The bucket feels heavy because the force you apply to change it's velocity (and thus momentum) is met by an equal force in your arm.

I think you guys are afraid to calculate the mass/weight of the globe earth vs its spinning certifuge force because the spinning actually creates more outward force than gravity does pulling things in, in which case we should have been flung off already, houses and cars too. the whole ocean, and giant chunks of the planet.

the centrifugal force literally doesn't exist. It is a pseudo force that is only necessary if you choose a rotating reference frame

The speed needed to overcome gravity can be found on this page:

softschools.com/formulas/physics/orbital_velocity_formula/76/

and as you say it varies by height. If you exceed this speed you'll move into a higher orbit. If you go fast enough you'll escape earth's gravity altogether.

you are such a shill. if you think it's fake why do you stick around in the thread?

I think that the earth is way too massive and heavy to be spinning around so fast and not have everything flung off of it, even with gravity.

No one is stopping you from calculating it from first principles. In fact you can find a number of sites and tutorials to help you do just that. Of course you'll have to take the reported sonar data on faith unless you have a multimillion dollar ground sonar system. Without that data you'll have to make your own guess about how much of the earth is made of iron.

I've given you plenty of justification and means for you to search up the answer further, all of which you have ignored. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are genuinely an imbecile and not just pretending.

who's talking about iron? why are you trying to confuse people who read the thread?

dubs and triples don't lie