The Unbelievable Gwenpool #7

New Issue is out. Gurihiru is back. Gwen is cute.

And that's it!

this is kinda fun actuallly. So whats the deal with the fat scientist and the chick with the multiple eyes on her headpiece?

Mega Tony is some sort of science alchemist. The girl is just french elvira with a magic hat or something.

Wait no, Terrible eye isn't french, just a hipster. Batroc is french

Batroc is French enough for all four of them.

Their abilities are not terribly well explained.

I didn't think about this, but Gwen is a pretty big fan of Marvel comics in her world. And she had to strain to remember who the Hell Thor was. That means Jane Thor selling for shit and no one reading it is true in Gwen's world as well.

nice touch

Page 3 makes my dick rock hard

Wait… page 3… with Gwenpig?

They realized that people are actually reading and liking it, right?
And now try to fuck it up slowly.

Volume 3 made me fall in love with Gurihiru's art, so here it is.

I think they meant it as a joke user.

Nah, that would be like, too sound and logical. Clearly, they must be catering to Holla Forums.

That kinda makes me sad she won't be able to go back to her universe. That and her parents will forget her. Did she have a shitty life in that previous universe? It's weird that she will be stuck there I mean she gets to be with superheroes but she can never go back home.

Doesn't sound like her parents treated her like shit, more like she did something bad and her parents either hated her for it or felt bad for her.

So basically D E E P E S T B A C K G R O U N D

I hope they explore it and not pussyfoot around it.

Remember when Hellcat visited Stephen Strange to get rid of bedbugs?

This is a much better use of his powers.

I took at as joke.
She's calling the aliens the enemy, stereotyping them and being racist while complaining about their supposed racism

enjoyed this issue, the art is great again

Is she still burning coal

She's not Gwen Stacy. She is Gwen Poole.

worst Spiderman hates gwenpool now. Gwenpool is crazy and murderous and knows his secret identity.

Batroc the Leaper is wasted on this series.

whos the skule ?

W-what
I-I actually like this
what
They actually do superhero things instead of just bitching

Does she have underwear on beneath that costume?

Would you rather he be put into the hands of another modern Marvel writer? At least in this series, his years of criminal experience and martial arts mastery are actually being taken into account and he's being portrayed as a professional and a useful asset to his team.

He'd probably get tapped for some shitty, unfunny meme series and turned into an utter joke if Hastings weren't using him.

first issue, MODOK zapped her hacker friend after she had a laugh about being threatened by, of all people, MODOK

the writer is the guy who writes Dr McNinja, a webcomic about a guy who actually does ninja things instead of bitching. He's kind of good at this action and adventure thing

Also, she's cute.

Gurihiru's art is exceptional in this. If only the writing was at the same level.

Spencer did use him once in his Captain Falcon series. He was very good there but for all the wrong reasons.

In it he spews a bunch of negative American sterotypes at Captain Falcon and Wilson just stands there powerless. Spencer seems to have been trying to say "America sucks", but 1: the incrediblly shallow way the anti-Americanism is done 2: a strawman (who is in an orange almost jumpsuit so he looks like a criminal) and Batroc (He acknowledges he'll never win against a superhero, but he's good enough that they can get away while he distracts the hero. He also mentions he misses Steve.) being the only likable characters in the issue so it comes off as "The real Captain America would have beat me and retorted all that. You, Sam Wilson, suck as Captain America" which is entirely right.

As it should be. As long as the lore only builds and they don't contradict previous lore, the granular specifics of their abilities are irrelevant.

No, he means Jane pushing Gwen up against a wall like she's a shoujo-ai protagonist about to confess her love.

You understand me.

Ah! I see now!

Of all the things that I hate about Jane Thor, I think it's her olde english style of speech that comes out of fucking nowhere that bothers me the most.

It's the cancer effecting her brain.

Ahhh, I hope one day Gwenpool has a happy ending. I don't want her to live perpetually trapped like other characters. She doesn't have to have some hackneyed epiphany about how great normal life is, just maybe she grows up a little and accepts her limitations. Complete with a rebuttal of the "why doesn't she get powers/tech to compete with metahumans" argument, in that she understands that as a comedic protagonist, she would just fail and repeatedly hurt herself ind various ways.

It would be much more tolerable (and better writing) if she dropped it under stress. Like when GP calls out her name, her speech should be clipped and devoid of frills. The dialogue should be another part of the costume, something she does to maintain her image of legitimacy. It gives us subtle insight into her mindset without pages of wordwordswordswords where she tells us how she feels.

That would actually be a nice touch toward making her an interesting character. I don't know what the old characterization for Jane Foster was, but as Thor she just comes off as braindead everytime I see her. She doesn't HAVE to be a shitty character, but Marvel isn't doing much to make her actually interesting, so she'll probably remain one for the foreseeable future.

Wouldn't work. Her entire introduction set her up as a snooty cunt who couldn't be bothered to explain herself to the real Thor or anyone else. And when shit got really bad, she just retreated into this bullshit silent and mysterious persona, all while wielding Thor's powers both better than him, and more irresponsibly than him.

The fake accent and style of speech being played as part of her powers is just retarded. But the whole character is retarded. Jane was supposed to be dying from using the Thor powers, but instead, she's been Thor 24/7 for over a year without consequence, because Marvel is run by petty retards.

It's too bad broad, tired cliches are the only things Gwen can really call out (like "Haha, Bendis likes Shadowcat" as opposed to "Bendis a hack who is spinning 7+ plates when he should be limited to one, and even that only with strict supervision"). Gwen could be the jester that tells Marvel how they really look to the world. It doesn't have to be venomous, but it should have some sting.

I thought Jane was trying to cling to being herself with the whole dual-life thing, but the stress was exacerbating her cancer, which is why she lives in the persona now. Although, come to think of it, what does it matter if they know it's Jane Foster? Thor (the original) was her only real relation, right? Who is she protecting?

Maybe? I wonder what kind though?

No, the Thor powers were literally making her cancer progress faster and killing her. They said as much in no uncertain terms.

What kind of idiot would set it up like that? What kind of conflict is that? Unless the whole point is to paint her as an awful human being, the question is moot. Any heroic individual will continue to be a hero in spite of the costs to their own well-being.

Now if being Thor was causing her an identity crisis, like a personality she had constructed to deal with the burden of Mjolnir (I know that's not how it work, but we're writing for comics, not a medical journal), that would be interesting. What if Jane Foster is explicitly not heroic and is at war with her conscience, which manifests as "Thor"?

Funny stuff, but those shorts really add a lot to my enjoyment.

Because, as everyone rightfully pointed out at the time, Jane Thor was supposed to be temporary. The books leading up to her stealing the hammer (Because Thor's Mom and some other women are total cunts and ensorcelled Mjolnir) actually featured future Thor reminiscing about the time he was a total ass and lost Mjolnir, and how he eventually recovered it.

Either they changed their mind, forgot all about that, or Jane Thor is going to die/sacrifice herself in the next big crossover event

Panties branded with Marvel licenses.

I want to see pics of this.

Hah, like that one scene in Charlie's Angels?

Can I see that scene?

Sorry if the quality isn't too good, but it should give you the idea.

Hmm, can you not put video and images in the same post? Or did I do something wrong?

I've tried before as well.
Seems embedded videos can't be posted with images at the same time.

thank you based user.