TAWoG Season 5 Episode 6

Backstory on Nicole and Richard.

Richard is still the worst piece of shit character in this show. And that's saying something since characters like Miss Simian exist.

Nicole imagining the worst and craziest scenarios for her life was she "justifying" staying with a shitty parasite of a moronic man. He's so shitty that even his mother kicked him out as the episode showed (not that Granny whatever is a good mother).

Anyway Nicole doesn't deserve any pity. She CHOSE to get with a loser. She chose to birth a moron's children and raise another retard (Gumball). It's all her fault. Saying that she enjoys the chaotic hell of a stressful life she leads even though the episode started with her very much complaining about it only cements that Nicole herself is trash. Whatever misery befalls her, she deserves.

When is this show going to die?

I still like the series…but she could've been a dictator. Also we finally get to see Nicole's parents…and they are a bunch of overachieving assholes (Serious, Nicole's mom considered putting an F in Gender as a failure…and lest we forget about her counting the moments to Nicole's "planned" life)

The show will seemingly take a dip in quality after Season 6 because the creator is leaving. Honestly I will never understanding this shitty show's appeal besides the gimmicky art style and animation.

The characters are just so awful to the point the best characters are the side ones who HATE Gumball and his family. Like the Evil Turtle, Gumball's neighbor, the father of Gumball's girlfriend, etc.

I still don't feel sorry for Nicole one bit. I used to like the old flashback explaining that Nicole was normal, but come this recent episode? Nah Nicole was always this Super Force of Powerful Excellence since she was a fucking kid. Honestly Nicole is a Mary Sue. I don't care if her life is hell, that's invalidated by this episode because she said she loved it at the end and would never give it up.

So her life is "perfect" just the way she likes it and she's always had super ultra powers while being a straight A student. To hell with this Sue. She makes Kimpossible look normal and she was another obnoxious Mary Sue.

what do you think is a good show then?

Huh…it's always because the creator is leaving that shows go to shit.

It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to come up with an actually appealing reason for why she's with Richard.

They're kinda hinting that Richard is sort of a yin to Nicole's yang and thus has a good influence to her life, but never explicitly make it clear how, and the show makes more jokes to the contrary. Nicole wasn't necessarily angry or violent before they met, aside from the ludicrous dictator scenario. Trying to justify Richard because "things just happened to work out better by chance with this configuration" is really weak.

They also still haven't given Richard any redeeming qualities except that he seemingly used to be more sweet and loving in the past. Being a dumb kid might have been okay when he was a kid, but now that he has responsibilities as a family father he's just being an extra weight on Nicole.

Something as simple as making him the guy everyone can get comfort from would work fine (e.g. his simple mind allows him to always say very comforting and reassuring things that put your feed back to the ground), but the show never tells you that. He could also be a cushion to take the kids away from Nicole's feet, but it seems he's more likely to get them hurt than anything else. They especially should emphasize the point that he's some kind of a calming factor to Nicole's temper or allows her to be herself or something. They sometimes do that, but they use it as a joke rather than trying to convey it as a legit part of their chemistry, and I think more often he's the opposite where he provokes Nicole's temper rather than calms it. Season 1 had a better basis for this because even though Richard was more or less same as now, Nicole was still a loving mother most of the time. Now that she has her anger flanderized into her as a person, it's more difficult to make it sound convincing that Richard is doing anything to her.

Think about sleeping for example, that would be an excellent place to redeem Richard slightly, by making him a huge soft pillow that's super relaxing for Nicole to sleep with and recharge her batteries. But that would break the status quo and wouldn't let them make a joke about Richard waking her up in the middle of the night like a baby or crushing her under his weight and otherwise making it difficult for her to sleep.

As for the kids, he could - whenever Nicole needs to be alone for work or something - take them on weird or even dangerous shenanigans that turn out fine in the end, but that wouldn't allow them to make a joke about how Richard did something retarded that got everyone into danger and NICOLE HAS TO FIX IT, AGAIN LOL.

Overall they're just making too many jokes about what a worthless piece of shit Richard is and how many ways he can make Nicole's life harder, it's becoming more and more difficult to come up with a believable reason to have them together, and this episode failed to fix that too.

feet*

Also although they kind of established that Richard can't get a job or else the world breaks apart, they could allow Richard to generate small amounts of money (even if only for his own selfish food/pleasure) through posting gaming videos. It's been shown at least twice that he's involved in gaming in some way.

Please

So..what you are saying is that they shot themselves in the foot with the constant jabs at Richard being a completely useless prat that it's impossible to salvage him? AKA reason why The Hero fails as an episode.

just like with Boondocks.

The reason why is for the same reason that 90% of all animated shows have an idiot dad. Because it was subversive back then, but now it isn't, but the are too lazy or spiteful to change.

Richard is like the worst moments of homer simpson rolled up into a constant character.

And the wives of idiots always have the same backstory. They they had super tough parents or something, and so they break away to these obnoxious wastes of oxygen because they are "Good" or something.

… I'm glad I stopped after season 2.

It seemed like they were really trying to build up Nicole instead of making Richard more appealing. Like the message is that Nichole is this great person for putting up with him and it's romantic that they stayed together because he was just sort of around for most of her life.

Two things.

1) Episode about Gumball seeking advice on love had Nicole try to explain why she loves Richard, but when the time came to answer the question? She stayed completely quiet unable to even say one word to justify why she loves that worthless trashy moron. The narrator of the episode says as he sees Nicole staying mute "Sometimes love cannot be explained." Awful scene.

2) In the Rerun it's explained that the world of gumball itself has Nicole under Parental Filter. Because this feature is on Nicole tolerates Richard's horrible flaws that are hell on her life. Once it was turned off? Nicole quickly dumped him for a construction worker boyfriend.

Anyway, I think we're wasting our time since this recent ep confirmed Nicole is masochistic. She will forever nonsensically love that happy to stay a leech obese idiot. Nicole doesn't deserve any pity since she loves her trainwreck life.

The only way to change the status quo is if Gumball defeats The World. The World of Gumball itself is the central villain that decrees stuff like Nicole loving Richard, Richard must stay unemployed or everyone dies, and worthless people should be forgotten in the void, etc.

But don't worry they will never do this. And if they do? The show is over by which point Richard will mostly have been shit.

To be fair, Richard literally can't get a job because the entire universe will be destroyed if he does.

That was added after many seasons (And like 20 years of marriage). Its backwards justification and you know it.

He's a rabbit. He fucks her brains out and can do it constantly. And probably doesn't have a barbed dick.

Shouldn't Richard have more siblings?

I don't get, she could complain about the whole banana song

I don't get, he could learn to speak english.

Abortion is a thing user

I thought that sequence was making fun of Hilary Clinton.

How so?

How *progressive*