Movies that scared you as a kid

Yeah, I can see that. As a very young kid to me this was "a weird movie about some ugly mutant or whatever"

It scared the fuck out of me, specially the chase scene with the glowing chest. But I loved it and wanted to see it over and over again.

Mom bought the VHS and I watched it until it didn't work anymore.

I haven't seen it ever since, so it's probably goofy as all fuck now.

Just to get it out of the way, Ernest was infinitely better than Peewee. This is universal fact.

I have never seen Peewee but he looks like a faggot.

Vigo Ghostbusters 2
I was ten.
Flatliners too.

Such a faggot.

Didn't know they remastered this one.

I was scared of pretty much every movie as a kid.

Is that the one where he gets stuck in the back of a garbage truck?

The Count gave me the creeps when I was little.

Well Jews are pretty creepy.

Same, I was a huge pussy
Now nothing gets my pulse going unless its a real hardcore gore video
desensitization sucks

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure had a lot of scary moments

I was pretty young when The Mask came out.
Dawn of the Dead gave me nightmares.

I loved the Mask as a kid

Sp00ked me gud.

I watched IT as a kid which scared the he'll out of me. I couldn't walk near storm drains for years afterwards due to fearing what could be inside.

I was scared of sinks

The whole thing with drains also was pretty freaky. For a while I'd put hand towels and even regular towels over the drain of my bath tub due to being freaked out over it.

It's amazing in retrospect that a TV movie could be so frightening.

lel you got scared of balloons XD what a pussy, watch some real spooky kino
T.nostalgia-cuck

That faggot didn't understand a single movie he "reviewed". Truly remarkable.

What do you think is the fundamental in his approach to reviewing films? Also, can you please give an example?

What movie?

Jew Jew's personal project it seems.

Children of the corn

He's an autistic retard

Elaborate further.

Seems pretty self-explanatory
What else do you need to know.

Yep.

don bluth is so fucking underrated. Best part of growing up in the 80s-90s

Not really, he was deemed the next Disney in the 80s but then he went full retard and btfo'd himself off the face of the planet. He's now been pozzed and making a current Dragon's Lair reboot with stronk independent Daphne

This.

2002 was 20 years ago.

It was.

>>>/zoo/

No he isn't. He made a handful of great movies, but literally everything else he has done has been indefensible garbage.
The good things he made are rightfully well known even by high caliber normalfags, like The Land Before Time or the NIMH movie, but his obscure shit is obscure because it's shit, no matter how well animated it is.
A Troll in Central Park and Thumbelina are terrible enough to warrant being wiped off the face of the Earth

no bully pls

The concept is pretty spooky, but even the story fumbles about with it (because Stephen Kind is an idea guy with subpar writing skills), and the movie was just shitty.

as a kid you don't see past the concept of movies tbh

Yeah, which is why he probably wouldn't find it very spooky now.

That was me :^)

no niggers pls

Glad I explained how your maturing made things less skery then :^)
I also wish things scared me as much as when I was a kid, things were more fun at that point in life tbh.

yes

That movie actually convinced me that all inanimate objects were alive, and throughout my childhood I was scared to throw things away.

what's the second one from

man fuck this movie. it terrified the shit out of me as a kid and made me cry like a bitch

the movie is "James and the Giant Peach" stop motion movie done by the same crew who did Nightmare Before Christmas, hence the jack skelington model used for the dead pirate king

Yeah, I know, but I didn't remember that moment.

Prepare to have all the fluids in your body scared straight out of your asshole with the new IT movie, then!

I want a Wraith cutie to cuddle with.

The book was nice good memories.

Ronald Dahl sucks. you only like him because of nostalgia.

who

the author of James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG and several other stupid kid books

This is a strange one, but after watching this movie I was afraid to eat anything in fear that the person cooking it was trying to poison me because of the scene where the bad guy tried to poison Indy. I didn't even trust my parents. I barely ate anything for weeks.

Usually Temple of Doom is the go to choice

James and the giant peach was good, or at least the adaption I saw as a kid.

Same, and I still don't like to throw things away. Nowadays it's because I think of whoever designed the thing, and built the thing, and the guys who made the coffee those guys drank that day, and how every object we possess is a marvel of engineering in it's own way, natural or man made.

At least, that's what I tell myself

That is a strong sign of autism, real non-meme autism.

Is it, or are you making shit up?

Sounds accurate to me.

Sid's Combat Carl.

In any other context, this would have been an R-rated film with some cannibals killing one of the crew that arrived on their island in a religious ritual.

This toy soldier get's blown up for the idle amusement of an 8 year old boy. The soldier can not move, flee, or allow any of the intense emotions he is feeling cross his face, as it would expose the fact that toys are alive.

As the fuse is lit, other toys are watching from the next door window. They simply watch, and make no attempt to help. Can they help? I imagine from the panicked soldiers perspective, they can. And the fact that they don't makes the soldiers last moments even more dreadful.

As a man once said: There is no despair without hope.

they're just toys, bro. they don't have consciousness

Temple of Doom scared me too but it didn't leave near as bad of an impact.

In the movie they do.
I'm talking in context of the movie.

That's weird

I know, I know

kys

don't be an idiot. that first scene with Beast was pretty scary, especially for a child.

gud

hey now, what would your precious Ronald say about that sort of language?

gobblefunk

The Care Bears movie. I don't remember what exactly but I know that the face in the book freaked me out.

That scene where the horse commits suicide is scary

Pretty much the only scary thing in the gaijin version

If anything, it's an excuse to become a hoarder.

so autism

not when you watch it as an 11-year-old and then have to walk home through a dark forest afterwards

You don't have to watch anything to be scared of a dark forest

Not a movie, but I used to be terrified of the Tums commercials. I used to either hide behind the couch crying or run out of the room and hide in a corner. My parents used to get angry with me, because I wouldn't go into drug stores and would often refuse to go near a checkout if there were antacids on the selves. To this day I still refuse to use Tums as a result of these commercials.

You might be on the spectrum user.

It isn't uncommon to be afraid of the Tum's jingle.