Re-Animated, CN's first live-action shit project, was released on December 8, 2006

Joe probably had a heart attack after seeing how out-of-touch executives ruined his beloved network.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oFgCu0uMWB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I still can't believed they came up with that crap.

I saw this movie. I didn't think it was that bad at the time, but I can't find it again to see if it still holds up. I wish I could see it again.

i loved this movie as a kid, but now i know it's cancer

Underage

Uh.. m8? 2006 was 10 years ago. If he was 8 at the time, he'd be at least 18 by now.
Still too young, if you ask me. Age limit for imageboards should be 25, at least.

You clearly haven't seen the shit he produced in the eighties. It was like he and William Hanna were trying to destroy animation forever.

No.
Anonymous imageboards are the last bastion of actual productive discourse, mutual criticism and healthy hate left in the world & available to the everyday man.

At least those were animated

Joe would've had a heart attack not because the movie was bad, but because it was live-action, and betrayed the message of the TV network he helped found with his blood sweat and tears ("Cartoons 24/7, 365, forever and ever").

(cont.)

But thankfully CN got back to that original message.

There's no live-action on the channel now except for Hall of Game, I think

I felt like this concept could've been done better

i remember this movie it was not bad just not good 5/10, i did like what it was trying to do and what is was inspired by. But what held this movie back was the side characters, and it humor, for example the protag sister is an alien, because someone believed it would be funny, why is his dad a child, because it would be funny. But its not, the only thing i saw that gave made this movie memorable to me at least was the message that it was trying to make where a famous animation corporation base off and named after it founder, was well know for it animations, and now has a kid who has the brain of said founder/animator, and they use him as model to get more people to come to their amusement park instead of have him try to become an animator. I cant help shake this movie from my head because of that, i saw that only effort and it was not bad in fact it apply's to most animations company's today. this movie could have been good if it dedicated itself to it message, instead of having all the side characters be as silly, as they can be just for the sake of the movie not be boring for kids.

It's kinda sad because the designs for the animals weren't bad, it's just a shame they were wasted for such an awful movie and follow up series.

I can't believe CN picked it up after Disney passed on it.

Re-Animated/Out of Jimmy's Head was originally pitched to Disney and involved Jimmy receiving the brain of the frozen Walt Disney. The characters he would see would be Disney characters, hence why the various characters in Re-Animated seem like Mickey Mouse knock-off instead of Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

Disney rejected it for obvious reasons.

And did Disney learn a thing from it? Nope!

Amazingly this is even worse than out of Jimmy's Head

The worst part is that they're still doing this shit.

From last I checked, they stopped doing it (except for the Hall of Game awards)

You guys just don't like live action stuff because it forces you to remember that cartoons are for children.

No, it's because it betrays CN's original message

It's like how MTV doesn't show very many music videos anymore, and is now a social justice propaganda channel

Literally the only reason I remember it exists is because it was actually really fucking pretty.
Also, I like owls and I wish there were more of them in movies.

Trips of truth. At least Out of Jimmy's Head's cartoon characters didn't look like a blobbery mess.

top wew

I wanna fuck that owl.

What was the post?

I still remember the day it got release, and gradually saw cartoon network going down the shitters, stopped watching cartoon network since then.

I remember this and all that live action crap they did. Dark times man, dark times.

Dunno about that. Remember the Banana Splits?

HB had its foray into live action, as a response to the Krofft brothers' live action shit that was insanely popular in the 1970's. (popular enough they had their own theme park for a little while)

More like, he was too sick to tell the execs to kill themselves and that the idea had been tried and it was shit.

I take that back.

The Kroffts created that shit.

No, HB were just faggots who made a horrible live action.

I think you're forgetting how retarded adults can be.

Calling each other fags for being retarded or having shit taste is hardly productive.

I can't think of one opinion on Holla Forums that's mutual. You could argue anti-SJW shit, but plenty of users just want nothing to do with it because it usually derails threads into shitposting productive discourse.

I don't think imageboards are good for children (especially being exposed to some anons' obscure or degenerate fetishes during puberty), but at the same time if they can learn to adapt to chan culture and distinguish serious posts from shitposting, then I don't really give a shit.

there's a slight difference between goofy costume show and your average live action teen dramas that are trillion times more cringeworthy than rewatching lucky star and k-on

wait, there are kids on Holla Forums?

You're actually surprised? Halfchan's lost a lot of street cred. Holla Forums still got a good amount. Therefore, some will come here to see what's got people spooked.

I mostly assumed it was adults and teenagers on Holla Forums. Then again I'm still surprised there are 8 and 5 year olds on the internet.

hard to tell when most users are anonymous
we got media coverage during gamergate, so it's possible (I don't remember or care how much, but I think the LWs brought it up to talk about their "harassment")

It's not too surprising now with some parents giving their kids iPads before their first day of school.

Cartoon network also had Fridays later replaced with fried dynamite, and I really hated fried dynamite. I had fond memories watching Fridays there was something about it.

Cartoon Cartoon Fridays was better but Fridays was still comfy, better than Fried dynamite

I loved the Fridays either way.

Dubs confirmed. Agreed user.

Doesn't getting a brain transplant and going insane after it count as body horror?

That one owl movie where they beat the shit out of each other.

There are plenty on Holla Forums, and I wouldn't be surprised if we had a fair amount here.

Fun fact: Holla Forums is full of 14-16 years old. They also love to LARP as low level C and "indefinite architecture" assembly programmers. They can never post their portfolio or ShitHub profiles because they are professionals who would risk their jobs for being around this website.

Holla Forums is more of a libre software/Linux circlejerk than actual technology discussion. There's occasionally threads about people actually learning about or doing interesting stuff with niche hardware, but they don't get much attention.

…I must've missed this, because I have never heard of it before now. What was it like?

I love the premise of "Live action mixed with cartoon shit" but hated the execution of how they did it, granted I was a teenager at the time and may have not appreciated it then. Perhaps I'll watch it again sometime.

Is that even possible?

…See for yourself, user

I can't even remember what fried dynamite was about, but I want to keep it that way.

This and this should summarize it pretty well.
youtube.com/watch?v=oFgCu0uMWB0

Too bad, I'm reminding you anyway.

Wait, why is that a good thing?

I started browsing 4chan when I was 15. There are probably people here right now who were born this century.

I never said it was a good thing.

/r/ing Joe Barbera saying, "Cartoon Network was a mistake"

I want to see how bad this show was but I can't find any episodes online. Why is that?

Maybe no one wanted to save them? I think the movie should be available somewhere if you want to just watch that. (The series was made after the movie, but I didn't think the movie was popular enough to justify a series.)
If by some chance you can find the series, watch episodes without the laugh track if possible. They aired the first few episodes without it then added them in retroactively later on for some reason.