WTF was that?

Did anybody see this?

Edward Snowed posted a hash on his twitter but quickly deleted it.

Luckily I took a screenshot of it in time.

Does anybody know what this is? Perhaps a key to some of the encrypted content that he had previously released?

Other urls found in this thread:

xorbin.com/tools/sha256-hash-calculator
archive.is/sDyiK
archive.is/qreyB
twitter.com/UrbanFool/status/761657414986915840
archive.org/download/WikiLeaksInsurance2016/WikiLeaksInsurance2016_archive.torrent
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumping this thread.

Here's the hash so you can copy paste without having to type that all out:

Ummm Guys?

WTF is happening here.

He made an ominous Tweet a few days ago asking people who had been in contact with him since the leaks that it was "time":

Hope it's something to crash the Clinton campaign in a deluded attempt to get boy Boynee back in despite him leaving the party.

Post this on >>>Holla Forums

Mate it is TOO LATE for that. Clinton is already LOCKED IN. You can't just replace her.

If shit is about to go down then Trump is going to possibly win all 50 states.

The ensuing shit-storm could be massive.

i decoded it guys
}÷Z{ÞŸñ×v÷mûá¯zéç

what do I do with that? What is it for?

Trump winning was already off-the-charts on a happening scale.
Winning all 50 states is so much happening that I can't even wrap my mind around it, the concept is too great for me.

You should have archived it to verify it.

user could not have predicted it and acted so fast, think before you post nigga.

It's a SHA-256 hash. You ain't crackin' it this millenium.

he probably means time to kill trump, as in he wants to kill him

of course i dont want trump to die, i want him to live and win the election

We'll never know.

ffdae96f8dd292374a966ec8b57d9cc680ce1d23cb7072c522efe32a1a7e340b0

xorbin.com/tools/sha256-hash-calculator
(https doesn't work, it says "insecure connection")

The SHA (Secure Hash Algorithm) is one of a number of cryptographic hash functions. A cryptographic hash is like a signature for a text or a data file. SHA-256 algorithm generates an almost-unique, fixed size 256-bit (32-byte) hash. Hash is a one way function – it cannot be decrypted back.

It's common practice when distributing a chunk of data (executables of some kind mostly) to also distribute it's hash so that the hash can be cheked, and if the hashes are different, someone has tampered with the data.

No way to tell for certain that's what this is, but it's the most common place to see hashes.

archive.is/sDyiK archive of tweet

Is it happening?
Tweet was deleted in a few minutes after, probably by the kikes
ffdae96f8dd292374a966ec8b57d9cc680ce1d23cb7072c522efe32a1a7e34b0
archive.is/qreyB
Is it the key to Assange's insurance file? Is Assange or Snowden kil?

Coming over from other thread, didn't see you fams

Something major is coming up on the horizon.

Why would snowden, who is already outted as a cucked traitor, have the key for Assange's nuke?

Assange is going to be on Bill Maher tomorrow, is that live or pre-recorded? Would he follow up to a there to not "implicate" the Russians?

The one way calculation is a very important feature of hashes.

He probably doesn't like wikileaks getting all the spotlight and doesn't like how they've taken on the Democratic Party. Maybe he's got shit on Trump? There's no way he's going to try and help wikileaks at this point. This might be the second stage in a l33t cyber-hacker war.

Nigga TODAY is friday.

More likely he doesn't but is trying to bluff that he does.

What did he get from the NSA? Fuck all. Seriously what a shit leak, he didn't get jack shit. He's nothing more than a political tool.

Also, unlike Wikileaks, he ACTUALLY IS in league with the Russians…..

You're a waste.Twitter is the best medium we have to employ memetic warfare. Lot's of us are on Twitter. I suggest you make an account or two and assist.

I don't see him doing something negative to Trump since he is in Russia and you would think Putin would prefer Trump over Hillary

Guys, wasn't Wikileaks insurance file secured with 256-bit key?
Can anyone who downloaded the file check if it would unlock with this key?

Controlled man Snowden is up to something. Perhaps another unveiling of how bad things are for US citizens which will be met with silence.

ok, jack

twitter.com/UrbanFool/status/761657414986915840

What is this?

Also, archive.is is down. Is it happening?

Yes. EMPs in 30.

Archive.is has been spotty for a month now.

Are they still constantly banning? Back in the primary I did but I got banned ~15 times in the span of a month so I just stopped.

It's snowden, all you will get is something pushing the kike agenda

why would assange and snowden leak his file if it could cost him his life?

Can't you read? He's speculating that they are already kill if it is indeed a key to the insurance file.

This, it was IIRC

Except that means nothing since 256 bit encryption is fairly standard AES encryption. I doubt Snowden of all people has Wikileaks' private key since the release of that would mean that Assange gets nailgunned in under an hour.

Oh. Well then just stay here and keep posting old memes like costanza. Thanks for your "help" faggot. You're doing wonders for the world.

I just realized that as I posted, don't browse when sleep-deprived, you'll only look like a fool.

I get shadow banned occasionally but have alt accounts that I bounce to during shadowbans (alot of people do this) My smallest account has 350 followers, and shadowbans aren't generally permanent. Usually 1 day to 1 week. It's supposedly what they do while they decide whether or not to suspend your account.

This is normal. Verify with email if you dont want to give your phone number. You stupid fuck.

I have tried to decrypt insurance file(2016-06-03_insurance.aes256) with gpg and it says bad key

Except I did that and I always got locked out soon after.

Wait. Is that the key for that encrypted file he released a long time ago?

Also I don't trust him. At least assange is probably not a double agent.

(((1)))

Everyone else do it too.. Probably control the record shill.

Might just be something to drum up attention.

Even if Snowden is a flaming faggot, happenings are always good.

I have pasted the string directly, Is the string encoded in some special way?

… the fuck is wrong with kids these days?

I have the file and GPG installed. How do I decrypt it? I'm using Kleopatra

It's not a key, it is likely a finger print of a pgp signature.

Hmm, never mind… those are 40 hex chars long, and this is 64 (256 bit).

He asked hem to get in contact wih a bloke to tell the full story, that hash is probably a proof that someone who contacted him is speaking to him. clever

It won't be a hidden message, it'll be literally so that guy who got in touch can verify the secure chat is really him

Once CIA, Always CIA

If it is a key, it would be an AES key and not the PGP encrypted key. The latter would likely be 4096 long , and not something you'd use for the insurance file.

(When you do encrypt with PGP, you usually use a random AES key and wrap that key with PGP encrypted version, but you wouldn't use that approach for the insurance file).

underrated fact
Snowden is just a beta wannabe

So what your telling me is that, for the purposes of the insurance file, the AES key will be released openly and unencrypted?

Whats the possibility that this PGP key is the AES key, but wrapped like you said?

I'm sorry, I'm completely new to this.

Whatever it is, he's up to no good. Might be attention whoring, might be something serious. Who knows.

Absolutely. Because it's the opposite of a secret you want to keep at that point, you just blast the key to everyone.

I don't think it is the PGP key. The wrapping thing is more behind the scenes. That sort of encryption is used when you know the recipient, but don't have a clear channel to exchange a key. So in that case, the recipients all share their PUBLIC keys, and the sender encrypts with message using a symmetric cypher like AES with a random Key (k). Then the AES encrypted data is prefixed with a header, that contains a copy of the key which has been encrypted with the public key of each individual sender.

Long story short, that's not what is going on here. Snowdon was likely sending a file hash, but it could be anything. All we see is 256 bits of data and no instructions on how to use it.

Alright, thanks.

Stuff encrypted with a person's public key can only be opened by the corresponding private key and visa versa. That way, you share your public key in your certificate so people can encrypt with your public key so that only the intended recipient's private key can decrypt it.

So the Wikileaks file was encrypted with their public key so that should Assange die his private key will leak so that everyone will have access to everything.

No need for asymmetric cipher in your scenario. Just leak the symmetric key.

YOU'RE a waste.

Also this part is especially asinine. You would NEVER EVER EVER let you private key leak, even after death.

Doing so would allow authorities to create all sorts of faked Snowden writings, and cryptographically sign it as though they originated from him.

one-time pad maybe?

True, I guess that makes sense.

My bet is that it's a SHA-256 checksum as someone said above.

Stop it user, I can only get so erect.

OTP maybe, but I'm vaguely doubtful since you wouldn't blast any OTP key out that way as a high profile individual unless you were indeed throwing the switch on some sort of insurance file.

It's possibly a manual form of key exchange, certainly not the key itself however. The number is too damn small (Diffie-Hellman exchange would involve a number that should be a minimum of 4 times as long, more like 8 or 16 for any security.)

It is a 256 bit number, that's a normal size for an AES key.

This is probably asymmetric key exchange for the decryption of a symmetric key

Too small for an asymmetric key.

256 bits is the right size for an ed25519 public key.

Someone download the insurance torrent and see if the key works:

archive.org/download/WikiLeaksInsurance2016/WikiLeaksInsurance2016_archive.torrent

Didn't know about that, thanks. I have something to read up on over the weekend.

Isn't it 88gb long?

Keep in mind that OP may have edited the text slightly to throw us off. Any archives?

Tried already, gpg says bad key

Nigger I got a 2 tb HDD with my computer 3 years ago.

Yeah that's normal for an AES key, I meant what said.

I'm not familiar with the security implications of that algorithm, although that's a good possibility as I wasn't aware of it before, I'm probably outdated on my crypto knowledge.

If you're going to elliptic curve cryptography, you want to use djb's curves instead of the backdoored NIST curves.

Not an argument. Wtf are you even trying to say you stupid faggot? Go to 4/g/ you fucking retard.

You don't have to tell me, man.

Everyone will be distracted by the Zikalympics though.

Don't think I've ever been this erect before. The timing is absolutely perfect, what is the dem party going to do about not having a candidate right after they nominated their candidate?

Beat me to it. I guess it wouldn't hurt to buy some extra canned food :^)

This.

*which is really pretty bad security as it would alert intelligence agencies to the fact he is in communication with a source whom he used to work with.
So why would he announce it so blatantly? Could it be paving the at for s fake "leak"?

Is this getting slid? It sure feels like this is getting slid.

There's nothing to slide. All we can do it speculate on a couple of ominous Snowden tweets that suggest he may be working on something, but we don't what it is, if it's big, and if it'll be out anytime soon.

He literally told them all to get in touch via a secure chat in previous email… so, yes it makes the most sense.

No, it is not the key.

I work in the gchq m89 front display panel

Probably one of the bigger reasons why the MSM went in full shill mode this week. They probably wanted one last big smear job on Trump before everyone started to focus on the Olympics.

It isn't an encoded message or passphrase, it's a file checksum.
He's verifying the identity of someone by comparing checksums of a known, obscure, above top secret file.

Using SHA512 instead of SHA1 or MD5 obscures the purpose of the message.

I saved these from cuckchan. They've been floating around the kek threads for memeing purposes

CAN YOU FUCKING FAGS ON REDDIT STOP LINKING DIRECTLY TO HERE?! FOR FUCK'S SAKE, KEEP THE FUCKING CANCER OFF OF HERE.

Yes pls no bully reddit

It's about not shitting where you eat retard.

This would explain the deletion of the tweet shortly after. I think you are up to something here mate.

Maybe it's another whistleblower spilling ~*//JUicY SeCReTs\\*~

Hey guys!
/reddit here to help
I've got dank memes
Upvote my post if you're a redditor!

I tried the burner app and Google would not let the burner # be verified.

I made an excite email (no verification) to do Twitter etc. if you know of better burner program add it to the pic