Barbarian thread

Who are your favorite barbarians, jungle lords, and amazons of Holla Forums? what do you want to discuss? any desire for some storytimes or videos?

Does Barsoom counts as a barbarian fiction though?

Formally Barsoom is martian fiction.

I'll allow it

Thundarr was a good one as far as cartoons went.
I just wish they made more episodes.
I also liked the Fafhrd the Barbarian and the Grey Mouser comic adaption, but again, I wish they made more of them.
The 70s Conan comic run was pretty baller too.

Shame on you all

No one will ever be as good as this guy.

….user, whats going on?

shlon?

wut ?

how ya say his name?

I always love me some Conan storytimes, if anyone wants to do some. I just finished Road of Kings and I don't know what run to pick up next.

By the way, anyone know of any more animated barbarian movies or TV shows similar to Fire and Ice? There's He-man, but… That's not really what I'm looking for.

Best Barbarian show that never was.

Ah, forgot about that. I'm still pissed that never became a real show.
It's strange, though. Barbarians aren't unpopular. We have the popularity of Korgoth, He-Man, the Conan movies, etc… You'd think it would be a niche tapped into more often.

Kull the conqueror?

The dude looks like Harrison Ford for some reason.

Miss this show. Shame it never came to fruition.

want some classic stuff storytimed? maybe some newer stuff?

Here is a good Thor comic for once.

not that nice

What is Shugga and where can I find it?

Shugga was the best thing in the history of history itself. It was by Bob Fingerman, who is more famous for Minimum Wage, White Like She, and Skinheads In Love, and when I showed it to Antoinette Ryder of S.C.A.R., who prides herself on the most sexually and violent graphic art in Australian comics, one look at the gerbilling scene and her face fell, she called out to her collaborator Steve, "Steve! Oi Steve! Look! …I don't think we're graphic enough…"

but whats it about?

A freckled ranga of a barbarian fucking and fighting his way through life until he is sent by a wizard to 20th century New York, where he continues to fuck and fight, but instead of fighting demons and fucking princesses, he fights skinheads and fucks thicc punk girls.

Oh, and the first issue is worth it for OFUK THE SLAYER and the second issue is worth it for the gerbilling scene alone. "Insert the Habitrail, Caspar. I can't feel anything, has it entered my sacred portal?".

Apparently Bob Fingerman had this thing lying around unpublished for years until Eros Comics agreed to print it if he inserted MORE SMUT, so he drew in graphic gerbilling and a scene where a princess sucks the hero's innards out his pee hole, and has to suck them back. I don't know how pleased the editors were, but I believe history will vindicate him.

i need more hercules comics

Stay the fuck away from Dan Abnett's run. Its purely cancerous.

Hercules Unbound was pretty fun, I've got an old issue with inks by Wally Wood over Walt Simonson. It's set in the same post-apocayptic world as OMAC and The Atomic Knights.

which series was that?

tl;dr
once upon a time both DC and Marvel had Hercules comicbooks , then Marvel won some copyright fight and that why today you don't see DC doing that shit