It's time for a /drunk/ thread

It's time for a /drunk/ thread

Here we discuss what we are sippin, smoking, snorting, and so on on and also what we are currently reading

Steel Reserve and a bottle of king kobra before that

Less than Nothing-Blowing my fucking mind and helping me gain an understanding of dialectics that I never even thought I would know in this current movment from nothing to nothing through nothing

Anarchy after Leftism-Dank as fuck but also a legitimately good critique of Bookchin, I was "expecting a useless polemical platitude but got intelligent, albeit snarky, criticism of "Social Anarchy"

A People's History of the United States (ongoing)-Kills my soul every time I read a chapter

And u comrades? Also opinions on legalization of all drugs across the board for personal/recreational use, what do you think?

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lh07tJMR-3c&ab_channel=TIFFLive
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh god I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble getting through this book.

It's legitimately one of the most depressing things i've ever read. I've been reading lefty literature for about 2 years now and this shit still just fucks me up every time

God dammit it makes me mad when I think about it fuck

Bottle of cheap Pinot Grigio
The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East by Robert Fisk. Extremely well written, especially on the Soviet intervention into Afghanistan.

Had a VB before, awful beer but it gets me nice and buzzed

The Metamorphosis by Kafka - I was surprised at how geniually funny I would Kafka's writing to be. I also relate a great deal to the themes of depression, anxiety, alienation and disconnection and fear of one's family

Plato's Dialgoues - Decided to take a break, just finished Crito

whatever cheap red wine I can get my hands on.

Homage to Catalonia by Orwell. I have a bunch of mostly political and economic leftist literature I got for my birthday a few months ago, finally getting down to reading it. I just recently finished Zizek's First As Tragedy Then As Farce, next I plan on finally reading Capital v. I. That, or I'll feel too busy to read something so heavy and read either a novel or David Harvey's Brief History of Neoliberalism.

Im drinking Tea, Strawberry taste.

Nothing at the moment, i am reading Anarchy after Leftism bit by bit but more occupied with doing some research on who Stirner influenced.

What a pleb. I bet it's store-brand or Twinings from a satchell.

Weihenstephaner Original
A bowl of Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture
Stalin: Volume I: Paradoxes of Power, 1878-1928

*tips pipe*

I'm not a fan of flavored tea but nice anime punanni

A Brief History of Neoliberalism is a wonderful book. It's informative as fuck without being overly complicated and helps you get a good grasp on the current system.

Kafka is one of the funniest writers ever. Somebody once described him to me as his whole style being taking the Jewish sense of humor to its absolute end

That's a nice Debord, spicey.

I am not drinking anything right now, but usually when I'm bored I get a 20p diet caffeine free 2 litre bottle of coke or 2 from the co-op and then spend all night drinking that.
Or tea.
:^)

Also reading Society of the Spectacle.

Dangerous amounts of coffee…
The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles

Asahi Super Dry

I'm about to start Machiavelli's Discourses on Livy. I found The prince very interesting with a lot of relevance towards a state emerging from revolution.

Pic related

Have you ever read it before? It was one of the first real pieces of theory I ever read and it redpilled me hard. I'm about to re-read it and then go about reading other Situationist theory in a whole study. If you've never read "On the Povery of Student Life" or watched the detoured movie "Can Dialectics Break Bricks" I'd suggest that as well

Coffee is the true vanguard of the revolution amirite

I have the opportunity to do some LSD tomorrow but I dont know if that's such a good idea around exam time, even if I dont have another exam for about a month. I will do it after exams for sure though., probably with some MDMA too.

Other than that, keeping clean.

Water

Story line of Fallout: New vegas and the idea behind "No gods, No kings" path

We /hooch/ now.

When I want to get shitfaced I drink pretty much anything, shitty wine and beer, rum with coke etc… When I want to get tipsy while enjoying the taste of my drinks I make cocktails. For non-alcoholic stuff I just go for water or juice, rarely soda.

"Anarcho-syndicalism & Anarchism", a collection of short texts written by Murray Bookchin, Daniel Colson, Marianne Enckell and Jacques Toublet.

nice debord meme

Is Fallout just Cultural Posadism?

bumping cuz bout 2 geet drunk

About to get my drunk on with a 40 oz. Colt 45 aww yisss

"The Conquest of Bread" by Peter Kropotkin

I occasionally enjoy a glass of red wine, but I'm not big on drinking.

I was stoned 4 hours ago, but now I'm out.

Birth of Tragedy, my only god is the Dionysiac.

I should probably finish Ego as well one of these days.

Haven't had Colt 45 in a while. I'm 100 percent white but my favorite way to drink is 40s, idk what's up with that or why but I love them

Boru Irish Vodka, $10 at the liquor store for 750ml.

Marlboro Black 100, the cigs I've smoked for four years now.

Cognitive Therapy for children and adolescents.

Are you reading that for school or for self-therapy?

Banana cinnamon protein smoothie. Can't drink my gains away with empty calories anymore. And I got bored of drinking alone anyways.

Capital Volume III. Started with Volume I last summer. Been reading Vol. III for the past two and a half months. On rent now. Differential rent. Shit's a slog, but every now and then Marx goes on a few page stretch that blows my mind about agricultural transformation under capital, contractual relations, landowner factions, the transition to capital, etc.. But then he goes on and on with differential rent and I'm not getting much out of it and rent in general seems to be the most underdeveloped realm of Capital studies. Just kind of sprinting my way in spurts to the genesis of capitalist landowner to finally hit the trinity formula and other goodness on the capital fetish, appearance contra essence, real ideology, etc..

Critique of Pure Reason. Figured I had to read Kant at some point. Mostly read in the mornings before work. Pleasant start to my day. Some really fruitful engagement going on, but I can't really write it up in any succinct way. Just hit the paralogisms.

I read a couple aphorisms from Minima Moralia every now and then too. I love Adorno's later lectures but his early post-war writings don't seem to be doing much for me. Adorno is a much better reader of Marx and Kant and Hegel then he is of a writer of Adorno. There's some insight to Minima Moralia though.

Water

Climate Gate emails. Some dodgy stuff hidden in there, no doubt about it.

Drinking black tea, and some coke cola.
Watching new Zizek video/interview:
youtube.com/watch?v=lh07tJMR-3c&ab_channel=TIFFLive

bump

Nothing but water at the moment

Nothing, but have a hard time reading if I'm stoned

"Biology Under the Influence" which is a collection of essays by Richard Levins (mainly) and Richard Lewontin. REALLY good so far, Levins was an ecologist, population geneticist, biomathematician, mathematical ecologist who looked at things dialectically and on the whole. His verbiage is really concise but poignant. The essays are short and well-written. Really a good one to add some perspective on life in general

"Ten Days That Shook The World" by John Reed
History of the Russian Revolution that centers largely around Trotsky, written by an American lefty. Bretty gud so far