White IQ question

I'm white. I took an IQ test when I was seven years old with a psychologist examining me.

I scored 142. Does that mean jack shit since I was only a child at the time?

Redpill me on IQ tests. It was odd because I had a psychologist present at all times observing me during the process.(>IQ of 142 and still makes a 'redpill me on x' thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

medicalhypotheses.blogspot.ro/2009/11/clever-sillies-why-high-iq-lack-common.html
medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(09)00555-6/abstract
medical-hypotheses.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you really were so intelligent, you wouldn't make this shitthread here and would already know the answers to this. Fuck off with this obvious redpill me on x sliding.

You're retarded sorry

i-i guess it was just autism

nice mem

You can take it again as an adult.

Pro-tip:

Scores on the SAT/ACT/GRE/MCAT etc. provide a measure of sorts of an IQ. I'm sure there's some fuzzy conversion system floating around out there.

>tfw also took iq test as kid
>tfw also was in gifted classes
>tfw have PhD
>tfw unemployed

Children score significantly higher than adults for reasons I don't remember. I got 140+ when I was 12, then when retaking at 23 at a lab I got a 131. They could have been different kinds of tests but I'm pretty sure that's the standard for everyone.

You're definitely still well above average but probably lower than 142.

Congratulations on being a normal white person. Now prepare to spend the res of your life being unwanted, and yet blamed for everything.

IQ doesn't matter to the troglodytes that run our world. Only force does. Do what you can, and don't buy into the Jewish guilt machine.

no, your Child IQ only measures how advanced you were at that time compared to "kids your age".

My IQ was measured at 150 when I was 5, it doesn't mean shit.

My ACT score was pretty good (30, didn't study at all) but I don't want to be disapointed by retaking an IQ test. I'm pretty terrible under pressure like that. And I don't really care to be honest.

Where do you go to get a real IQ test? I scored a 32 on the ACT and a 92 on the ASVAB, so I'm pretty damn sure I'm not a retard.

Here's a guess based on my experience retaking the IQ test as an undergrad:

Part of the test is, for lack of better terms, a "time encoding/decoding exercise." When I took it, I had a string of 10 symbols and a key that linked each symbol to the numbers 0-9. The task was to translate the string of symbols into a string of numbers.
What is tested is either how many concepts you can hold in your head at once (a dubious notion, from what I understand about the brain) or how quickly you can memorize information/"learn a language." I'm sure a skill like this deteriorates with age in the same way that it becomes more challenging, as you age, to learn new skills.

ASVAB's not a good measure, though.

I'll let you in on a secret:

IQ IS FUCKING IRRELEVANT

All that matters is what you accomplish. I've known people much more intelligent than I am who are complete fucking failures and people who are dumb as shit who more successful that I am. IQ if anything only indicates POTENTIAL, it does not guarantee SUCCESS.

Only faggots give a shit about IQ, successful people, smart and dumb, get shit done.

who are / than

another sage typo fix

I took a test at 11, never got the number but they said "same as average for 16 year olds.

I took a new one at 28, got 137

It seems to be pretty static. I was almost 12, so it would be somewhere between 133 and 145 (measured age / actual age) at that time.

I've scored over 140 every time I've taken a test there was no difference at any age from 10 up.
I think you may learn more facts and general knowledge as you get older, but I think your intelligence is set at a fairly early stage.

Pretty much this. You can either get it professionally done, or do a million online ones and get an 'average'.

If IQ were height, I'd be one of those people over seven feet tall. But it doesn't matter how tall you are if you're a skeleton or a blob. Everyone runs the same race. How many steps it takes you to reach the finish line doesn't decide who wins.

With IQ, the child tests are best. Don't worry about the number. Recognize it as license to pursue excellence, not a golden ticket.

Race and IQ matter only at the demographic level, especially because it correlates with other traits. Read someone like Vox Day who aggregates from other thinkers. Don't dwell on the issue. It won't provide you insight into yourself.

Learning is itself a skill and a habit. Age is not your enemy, unless Experience is also.

Grats on the PhD user. I know a few. Many had to go overseas to teach math, or take some shit intern position where they read unrelated science reports thrown at city governments who give zero shits about what is said.

Since you aren't aware that IQ tests under the age of 18 don't matter, I assume you're not really 142.

How long have you been unemployed? I have a masters and wish I were NEET tier but I'm in IT service desk and loathe it. Could find a better job but no energy.

In what? You're still helpdesk?

Did you go to the tests high on crack or something? ASVAB is designed for niggers to score decently on.

Read it faggits:
medicalhypotheses.blogspot.ro/2009/11/clever-sillies-why-high-iq-lack-common.html

No, it was pretty damn normal. Now use your intelligence for good.

It's only useful when talking about groups, which is where things become more predictable.

:)

142 is not that dramatic high. It is Cro-magnon tier. Btw, IQ is just a car. F1 or Yugo. What is important, is driver. 168 at 19.

Muh FEEEEES!

based mod is based

I don't usually talk about it, but since this is a semi-anonymous board…

In my country in the last year of high school you take a series of standardized tests to gain admission to university. I was one of the top 100 highest scores in the country, out of 100,000+ students.

Because of that I was invited to take an IQ test, which was administered by the military. AFAIK it was the same computer-based test they administer to all new recruits, after acing that one I was given a second, pen and paper, test, which they said was designed for high performers and was centered at a higher mean.

A day later they cited me at an office and I was told point blank my score was 155 and was the highest they had measured so far.

About a week later I was officially notified I had not been selected by the recruiting committee and was exempted from military service.

Since then I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia and had a couple of epileptic episodes (nothing serious). My brain is abnormal in more than one way.

Don't worry to much about IQ, the average for CEOs is in the 120s range and for STEM professors in the 130s.

You can pay to read the article, if it makes you feel leet enough.
medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(09)00555-6/abstract

medical-hypotheses.com/

user seriously what the fuck.

I scored like a 95 or something on the ASVAB. Had some jackass tell me the test was mandatory and had to avoid phone calls from Israel's finest for about 6 months after that.

This. OP, if you really had an IQ of 142 you would go and check the scientific literature instead of shit posting on an anonymous messageboard.

Gas yourselves.

Best of luck user.

142 is like low average around here, OP.

I bet you don't even have an 8x7, either.

I took a real iq test at 6 or 7, scored high but never was told. Unpracticed SAT and ACT, during years when it accurately converted 155-160
can't stand being stuck around people
unemployed

are you from Holla Forums? do you work for ctr?

tell us about EQ while you're at it

Having a high iq is like having a big penis, it's how you use it that matters.

See

Nice job wasting both your time and money. My professors were so ass blasted when I delved into my travels around the world, which I chose over staying in school and having to cough up thousands of dollars for a golden slip of paper.

Having a high IQ doesn't make you that much more special unless you're comparing yourself to those below 115. One of my neighbors in my apartment complex is without a doubt a genius (unlike 99% of you self-proclaimed geniuses) and even he has plenty of shortcomings and poor reasoning which has lead to bad decisions and notions.

In fact he's so much like the anons on this board who incessantly brag about their IQ that I almost wanted to ask if he frequented halfchan/8ch. But he's actually a genius and creates amazing gizmos, so probably not.

TFW IQ of 160 at 8, 145 at 12, 138 at 25.

Fullblown ADHD and cyclothymia since massive head trauma at 21.

Now 1SD below average in med school. Feels pretty bad man

Also 1/8th buffalo nigger

And your life was a series of unfortunate coincidences ever since, right?