How does tech feel about me still using skype?

Other urls found in this thread:

media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8414-corporate_surveillance_digital_tracking_big_data_privacy
ring.cx/
matrix.org/
github.com/anoadragon453/tox-offline-messaging-prop/blob/master/tox-offline-draft.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good for you

At least you're not a Rustfag.

1v1 me fgt, bring your best type checker.

Still gotta communicate with some normies so do what you gotta do. I'm surprised the Loonix port is not that bad, botnet aside of course.

Convince your normie scum to use ICQ. It has so much stupid bling there's no way they can say no.

I sorry to see that you give away your privacy for free to have personalized ads and personalized insurance via non-free software.
Unfortunately Discord is non-free and does the same read the terms and condition of use.

Please watch this conference of the 33C3 to understand about data-mining and the influences of it.
media.ccc.de/v/33c3-8414-corporate_surveillance_digital_tracking_big_data_privacy

fuck this gay earth at times

Reported for sliding.
Fuck off, shill.
Alternatively, stay at >>>/g/

Just refuse and demand they use software that respects your freedom and their freedom. Get it through their thick heads that your freedom is more important than their incompetence, laziness or outright refusal to change habits. I do, and it works fine.

Good luck switching them to GNU Ring
ring.cx/

The last time I saw a .cx domain, I had a very unpleasant experience...

Tell them to call you on a fucking phone.

You don't need to see their ugly faces to communicate

Still a bit too buggy anyway.

qTox is a nice interface to Tox, but until they setup some kind of "masternode" system (so that messages can be received when one returns online), I don't see it doing well with the Norman.

I can almost guarantee that, it doesn't have an expanded anal cavity.. unless you call up Mr. Goatse

Already the first mistake is having someone you have to communicate with.

My familia and frnds switched to Whasapp mostly so I dont use it anymore

What the fuck is this discord shit, everybody keeps talking about it like it's the third coming of Christ.

I communicate through Discord and $team but I am not happy about either. I've tried Tox which is shit and I'm not gonna use IRC for this shit either.

Is there a real FOSS alternative to discord or am I fucked?

I feel no hate for you. Just sadness. I hope that you feel better soon.

It's just a (still botnet) alternative to $kype hipster faggots use thinking their privacy and private information are safe from data mining. That and it supposedly doesn't leak your IP to others.

ring or tox

Matrix is supposed to be the decentralized answer to IRC or something. apparently still in development: matrix.org/

This is called "real offline messaging" or "offline messaging" in Tox contrasted with "fake offline messaging" which just autoresends things in a loop and requires both nodes to be online for it to go through.
Real offline messaging in Tox is in the design phase, and you can track changes to the planning document here:
github.com/anoadragon453/tox-offline-messaging-prop/blob/master/tox-offline-draft.md
Hope that helps. You have to be pretty involved with the community to know what's going on and where.

Polite sage for Tox shilling. Also, OP, I feel nothing except mild curiosity at a lazy normalfag finding its way to Holla Forums.

Depends how much of a masochist you are

XMPP does everything if you're willing to crawl through a mile of barbed wire naked to set it up that way
Tox was designed only to replace Skype and that was before Discord existed, it's good for that but not what you want, also it's missing a ton of basic things an IM client needs and consumes a shitwagon of bandwidth
Matrix is the closest to a real Slack/IRC/XMPP/proprietary-bullshit replacement right now but it's missing group calls, which is the whole point of Discord if I'm not mistaken
Mumble is fine if you want group calls to work well and nothing else