POWER

This thread is for Holla Forums approved books on the nature of, laws of, and keys to, power. READ THESE IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE FOR BEST RESULT

1.) "Being and Time" by Martin Heidegger isn't actually a book about power. It is the most important of these, though, because it is the foundation by which you, as your Will, must learn to orient yourself, to best apply Principles of Power.

2.) Ahh. A classic. "The Will to Power" by Friedrich Nietzsche is my favorite book by Nietzsche. It actually wasn't written by him; it is simply a compendium of his various journal entries throughout his life compiled by his family. I think it is the best because it is the Raw Deal, it's how he actually thought, before being put into prose.

3.) "The 48 Laws of Power" by (((Robert Greene))) is great. You can find it on youtube (below). THIS IS TRUMP'S PLAYBOOK. Listen to this book for about half an hour or so, and you can easily see how Trump has either read this book, or understands these things intuitively, or was taught something similar by Wharton School of Finance and his father.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lhx5Cr6IUYI&list=PLWTHRZipiwbpytxUB3DioyFKa-z7JEE5Y

4.) "The Art of the Deal" by Donald J. Trump. Very "Machiavellian" in nature, he provides his own "keys to power" in it, and it is highly applicable to today.

5.) "The Prince" of course by Niccolo Machiavelli is where the term "Machiavellian" comes from. Despite this, of the books on my list, I think that The Prince is the LEAST helpful to the modern person, seeking to gain power in a "machiavellian" way. This is why this one is last, it is least relevant to today, as well as, he doesn't go into very concise detail as to how to achieve the things he suggests you achieve.

Post More please. I am looking for more books on topic that are the most easily absorbed and applied.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.dilbert.com/post/129784168866/the-persuasion-reading-list
youtube.com/watch?v=oVoCKLyt2uw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_esotericism,
volkischpaganism.com/2014/10/08/carl-jung-on-hitler-as-personification-of-the-wotan-archetype/
amazon.com/Red-Book-Readers-Philemon/dp/0393089088/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470351412&sr=8-1&keywords=carl jung red book
mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

These books are pretty good
blog.dilbert.com/post/129784168866/the-persuasion-reading-list

the picture is so interesting, it is exactly how Trump acts, except many of the laws in the chart are a little hard to understand if you don't listen to the entire book.

this is a short (17 minute) audio that kind of describes "The Will to Power."

youtube.com/watch?v=oVoCKLyt2uw

It's fucking funny that the advertisement is for a video on "Neo-Nihilism," because it means that the person who posted the content doesn't understand Nietzsche.

I hope we can have a long and fruitful discussion about the Nature of Power.

I would very much like for "The Nature of Power" to be a class in schools for my children to learn, but I guess it's good it's not, because if my children know it and others don't, it will inevitably make them more likely to succeed.

nice thanks.

Like I said, I really wish i had read this stuff when I was much younger, because I think I would, by now, instinctively act on alot of the ideas in these books, it will be alot harder to bring these down to my subconscious now.

I would be willing to bet alot that the old money uber wealthy types teach their children all of these machiavellian techniques, while they teach our children that they either rayciss or a victim.

post more guys. Let's build the ultimate database of the nature of power

Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard, the first read of it you may think it's just edge lord stuff but when you read it a second time or even listen to an audio of it, it's really hard hitting stuff.

Art of the deal is of course very good and one of the best purchases I've ever made.

knowledge is power
don't mind the marks on the first one

Science > Religion > Weedlosophy

hide and reported

thank you very much and trips noticed.

Art of the Deal was pretty Machiavellian, and above all else it is what swayed me to not believe the "Trump is a Hillary plant" meme because of his political philosophies back then being the exact same as what he talks about now.

Trump's problem with "changing his policies" is nothing more than a product of him trying to walk the line between his political philosophies, and saying what will actually get him elected, not always the same things.

well aren't you sweet.

Nothing about runes, or the Germanic tradition.
Only Evola's intro book, no René Guénon.

Miguel Serrano came here to laugh at you.

But yeah, according to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_esotericism, all the books you listed fit into that definition. But that's why /fringe/ is bullshit. One step above the fat girl reading wicca books at the Barnes and Noble.

Our digits are truly what is sacred.

I didn't even make this list, why don't you make one if your unsatisfied with it.
Really if you do make a list I'd like to read it. Miguel serrano's books are expensive to get.
btw fam, you forget to mention based carl jung
“There is no question but that Hitler belongs in the category of the truly mystic medicine man."
volkischpaganism.com/2014/10/08/carl-jung-on-hitler-as-personification-of-the-wotan-archetype/

oh shit, I forgot all about Jung

I really want to get Libre Novus; or the Red Book. I have already printed it, but I want the actual edition (which is giant as fug and has his own painted pictures in it)

Carl Jung is an indispensable part of any man's modern ideological outlook.

Another timeless philosophy is the metaphysical philosophy of the Kybalion.

I think that the Kybalion coupled with Heidegger's "Being and Time" should be the foundational reading of your philosopho-spiritual journey

when it comes to the correct outlook, the more machiavellian you become, the more of an edgelord you seem to people with a weaker will and more lax outlook.

I bought one off of amazon, it's bound in imitation leather
amazon.com/Red-Book-Readers-Philemon/dp/0393089088/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470351412&sr=8-1&keywords=carl jung red book
It's the easiest way to acquire physical copies in my area.

From Adolf Hitler, the Ultimate Avatar.

The potential power and importance of a man's waifu. Truly, there is barely a single woman out there that can fulfill this kind of existence, but thankfully we don't need flesh and bone incarnations to be found by our Beloved.

Robert Greenes books are very good and easy read. In addition to "the 48 laws of power" i recommened his "Mastery"

Do you know any other books that are as good as these?

I listed all of these though.

"The Art of War" is pretty good too

what about Marcus Aurelius? Is he on par with this, or is he not about the will to power??

Maybe there were other Nazi writers that, because of the Nazis loving the Triumph of the Will, would be good reads.

That is a definite fact. The elites learn completely different topics; for example, most exclusive private schools follow allong the lines of the Seven Liberal Arts instead of the modern BS for the plebs. They also completely ban electronics in the class room, while simultaneously pushing that stuff for the masses.

You're ignorant. You can't even properly define the difference between science, religion and philosophy.

I'm not a fan of psychologists generally but Jung's On Dreams and Psychological Reflections (they're sometimes printed as one book I think) are two of the greatest books I've ever read.

Justifiedly so - just avoid the modern bullshit. William James is great, Freud can be very insightful, Wilhelm Reich also, at least on the topics of character and "armoring".

In the end, there will be no difference, once we create the perfect religion

the perfect religion will simply be a tool; much like the scientific method is the tool of science.

Need proof? The neurotransmitter "serotonin" is the basis of religious feelings, but it is also the basis of creativity, and the basis of happiness. This is why people who do hallucinogens: A. Feel creative B. Feel happiness C. have spiritual realizations.

It is for this reason (the ties between science and spirituality) that I am creating a religion. Religion is spirituality+ traditions. The only hindrance to religion right now is that the traditions and explanation of spirituality has become too openly and obviously a means to control.

I would bet that the VAST majority of people who are a-religious are still either agnostic, or spiritual. All they need is a light weight guerilla spiritual doctrine that can be used as a universal tool for heightening feelings of enlightenment, which just so happen to also heighten creativity, if they aren't channeled into dead ends such as current religions do

That is a definite fact. The elites learn completely different topics; for example, most exclusive private schools follow allong the lines of the Seven Liberal Arts instead of the modern BS for the plebs. They also completely ban electronics in the class room, while simultaneously pushing that stuff for the masses.

And how could we avoid that? we would need to create private schools, to bust large portions of the white race out of this control.

Yet another reason why only a religion will be able to save the white race (and the planet) from the end result of the current paradigm. Currently, low IQ births are incentivized by welfare and the blocks put on the middle class. This is an obvious long-term scam. The end game is to have the people who recognize and avoid the scam become higher and higher IQ, while the plebs become lower and lower, until control is absolute.

I would wager that "the elite" want, above all else, to become an entirely separate species from humans, so that they never have to worry about being bred back into the plebs later on.

sure you can avoid that in your generation, you can teach your kids and grandkids to avoid it, but the fact is, is that it's pressure on the scale. And over a long enough time, even the lightest finger pushing against a wall will topple it.

We need a way to avoid that pressure altogether. The pressure of the media, the pressure of the education system. The ONLY thing that avoids that in any real amount of time is a religion.

Nations rise and fall. A living religion lasts forever.

The reason that Jung is so great is because he is able to do exactly what I described above. He spiritualizes all of his knowledge. He turns everything he learns into a metaphysical understanding, and that's why he was so great, so much better than sigmund freud

fun fact: freud didn't want Jung there, because he initially wanted the field of psychology to be a quintessentially jewish field of study.

oh also, P.S. can we post more Machiavellian style books?

I am trying to study up, and also I am trying to include all these principles in my religion.

"I am a false prophet and God is a superstition"

Please… please learn to cite.

You read Dune, good book. Unfortunately it's not easy (and perhaps impossible) to create a religion from scratch; you need the authentic numenon, real, inspired persons who have that otherworldy quality. Has it been done before?

Wrong; it's clear you can't define the difference between the three, they are not interchangeable.

This is no "proof" at all. It's a correlation, nothing more.

Yes, quite possible.

Religions are cycle-bound as everything else. The "living" qualifier is meaningless.

To be frank, it really shows that you lack a grounding in basic philosophical education. This is not an insult, many people lack it. Fuzzy terminology, lack of structure in your quite half-baked arguments etc.

My recommendation: forget all that stuff. Get a good grounding in the Trivium first, to clear up your thinking. Train yourself in the classical arts of grammar, logic and rhetoric first, nowadays there is good material available online. Do this a good 3-4 years, then start reading the Classics, then come back to talk about religion, philosophy and science. Right now your thinking is on pleb level, no offense meant.

we need some otherworldy adepts if a religion is gonna be started.
need aggressive converting too, gotta challenged the three big.

(check)

I say the same to you as the poster above: please don't talk about religion, educate yourself first. Any person, any Holla Forumsack who doesn't have at least a preliminary grounding in the Trivium (i.e. what the kids of the elite learn) is by definition part of the plebs and human cattle.

I have begun to look into it, thank you

but my previous statement still stands.

I think that religion can be a perfect tool; there is no reason that a religion can not be a perfect tool of science that is innately tied with spirituality

I see it as a ladder; every piece of knowledge I gain is another step on the left rung, and for every piece of knowledge, I incorporate that knowledge into my understanding, the right rung, and it is that incorporation that completes the next step of my spiritual ladder

it's that simple

Evola wrote a book on Hermeticism.

POL MONTHLY BOOK PACKS

I want to get more Machiavellian books though, not political books

I want books that fine tune my ability to amass power

"The 50th Law"
"Mastery"
"The Obstacle is the Way"
"The Manipulated Man"
"How to Win Friends and Influence"
"The Way of the Superior Man"
"Trust Me, I'm Lying"

Go back to TRP with your Forty Eight laws of kikery.

What else could there be? What else could possibly happen?

There is nothing that can be done. Nothing

There is nothing in this world but Suffering and Madness.

YOU WILL BE MADE JOYFUL IN HIS ETERNAL AGONY!

Power corrupts. So does weakness. Everything is shit and you know it.

HAIL THE MIDNIGHT LORD

Even if they do. You'll never get there. They'll conspire to keep you out and if you start winning, they'll go Nuclear.

That's it and that's all.

Evola was a shit and you know it.

HAIL THE MIDNIGHT LORD

Spirituality is Dead.

Jews killed it. It will never rise again.

The ladder is broken and can never be fixed.

None will ever come again. The cycle is broken. We are Damned.

Deal with it.

There isn't one.

You can never have power. Ever.

ALL NIGHT LONG! ALL NIGHT! ALL NIGHT! ALL NIGHT LONG! ALL NIGHT! ALL NIGHT! ALL NIGHT LONG!

ALL NIGHT LONG! ALL NIGHT! ALL NIGHT! ALL NIGHT LONG! ALL NIGHT! ALL NIGHT! ALL NIGHT LONG!

There can never be a perfect anything. End of story. It's never, ever going to happen. The only thing that exists in this world is Misery and Pain.

HAIL THE MIDNIGHT LORD

power corrupts?

consider the following:

power is neither good nor evil. It magnifies the qualities of good and evil within you

so if you are good, and someone else is evil, and there is a vacuum of power

it is your MORAL DUTY to seize that power, for if you choose not to, you are surely allowing evil to magnify ;)

Whatever.

Everything is evil. Everyone is vile. Everything is shit and you know it. There is nothing to consider.

There is only one Moral Duty: KILL ALL LIFE!

ALL WILL BE MADE JOYFUL IN HIS ETERNAL AGONY!

ALL NIGHT LONG NIGGAH

What are some good books on oration?

You haven't met my muse, user.

post the current chart, I like getting physical copies of my books

in essence it is not power that corrupts man, but it is man who corrupts power.

Yoshiki Tanaka, plz go…

48 laws of power is good

so is the art of seduction

Mastery I have not read yet.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.”

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”

“Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost.”

“Our behavior is different. How often have you seen a headline like this?–TWO DIE ATTEMPTING RESCUE OF DROWNING CHILD. If a man gets lost in the mountains, hundreds will search and often two or three searchers are killed. But the next time somebody gets lost just as many volunteers turn out.
Poor arithmetic, but very human. It runs through all our folklore, all human religions, all our literature–a racial conviction that when one human needs rescue, others should not count the price.”

“Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together.”

“Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them going past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful.”

“If we can use an H-bomb–and as you said it's no checker game; it's real, it's war and nobody is fooling around–isn't it sort of ridiculous to go crawling around in the weeds, throwing knives and maybe getting yourself killed . . . and even losing the war . . . when you've got a real weapon you can use to win? What's the point in a whole lot of men risking their lives with obsolete weapons when one professor type can do so much more just by pushing a button?'
Zim didn't answer at once, which wasn't like him at all. Then he said softly, 'Are you happy in the Infantry, Hendrick? You can resign, you know.'
Hendrick muttered something; Zim said, 'Speak up!'
I'm not itching to resign, sir. I'm going to sweat out my term.'
I see. Well, the question you asked is one that a sergeant isn't really qualified to answer . . . and one that you shouldn't ask me. You're supposed to know the answer before you join up. Or you should. Did your school have a course in History and Moral Philosophy?'
What? Sure–yes, sir.'
Then you've heard the answer. But I'll give you my own–unofficial–views on it. If you wanted to teach a baby a lesson, would you cuts its head off?'
Why . . . no, sir!'
Of course not. You'd paddle it. There can be circumstances when it's just as foolish to hit an enemy with an H-Bomb as it would be to spank a baby with an ax. War is not violence and killing, pure and simple; war is controlled violence, for a purpose. The purpose of war is to support your government's decisions by force. The purpose is never to kill the enemy just to be killing him . . . but to make him do what you want him to do. Not killing . . . but controlled and purposeful violence. But it's not your business or mine to decide the purpose of the control. It's never a soldier's business to decide when or where or how–or why–he fights; that belongs to the statesmen and the generals. The statesmen decide why and how much; the generals take it from there and tell us where and when and how. We supply the violence; other people–"older and wiser heads," as they say–supply the control. Which is as it should be. That's the best answer I can give you. If it doesn't satisfy you, I'll get you a chit to go talk to the regimental commander. If he can't convince you–then go home and be a civilian! Because in that case you will certainly never make a soldier.”

“To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster.”

“The instinct to survive is human nature itself, and every aspect of our personalities derives from it. Anything that conflicts with the survival instinct acts sooner or later to eliminate the individual and thereby fails to show up in future generations. . . . A scientifically verifiable theory of morals must be rooted in the individual's instinct to survive–and nowhere else!–and must correctly describe the hierarchy of survival, note the motivations at each level, and resolve all conflicts.
We have such a theory now; we can solve any moral problem, on any level. Self-interest, love of family, duty to country, responsibility toward the human race . . . .
The basis of all morality is duty, a concept with the same relation to group that self-interest has to individual.”

“Man has no moral instinct. He is not born with moral sense. You were not born with it, I was not - and a puppy has none. We acquire moral sense, when we do, through training, experience, and hard sweat of the mind.”

“Social responsibility above the level of family, or at most of tribe, requires imagination– devotion, loyalty, all the higher virtues – which a man must develop himself; if he has them forced down him, he will vomit them out.”

“Citizenship is an attitude, a state of mind, an emotional conviction that the whole is greater than the part…and that the part should be humbly proud to sacrifice itself that the whole may live.”

“When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.”

“Under our system every voter and officeholder is a man who has demonstrated through voluntary and difficult service that he places the welfare of the group ahead of personal advantage.”

“Cast me into a dungeon;, burn me at the state, crown me king of kings, I can 'pursue happiness' as long as my brain lives – but neither gods nor saints, wise men nor subtle drugs, can insure that I will catch it.”

“If you wanted to teach a baby a lesson, would you cut its head off?”

“Let's skip [Mobile Infantry] tradition for a moment. Can you think of anything sillier than being fired out of a spaceship with nothing but mayhem and sudden death at the other end? However, if someone must do this idiotic stunt, do you know a surer way to keep a man keyed up to the point where he is willing than by keeping him constantly reminded that the only good reason why men fight is a living, breathing reality?
"In a mixed ship [men and women] the last thing a trooper hears before a drop (maybe the last word he ever hears) is a woman's voice, wishing him luck. If you don't think this is important you've probably resigned from the human race.”

“Both for practical reasons and for mathematically verifiable moral reasons, authority and responsibility must be equal - else a balancing takes place as surely as current flows between points of unequal potential. To permit irresponsible authority is to sow disaster; to hold a man responsible for anything he does not control is to behave with blind idiocy. The unlimited democracies were unstable because their citizens were not responsible for the fashion in which they exerted their sovereign authority… other than through the tragic logic of history… No attempt was made to determine whether a voter was socially responsible to the extent of his literally unlimited authority. If he voted the impossible, the disastrous possible happened instead - and responsibility was then forced on him willy-nilly and destroyed both him and his foundationless temple.”

“A boy who gets a C- in 'Appreciation of Television' can't be all bad.”

“Every time we killed a thousand Bugs at a cost of one M.I. it was a net victory for the Bugs. We were learning, expensively, just how efficient a total communism can be when used by a people actually adapted to it by evolution; the Bug commisars didn't care any more about expending soldiers than we cared about expending ammo. Perhaps we could have figured this out about the Bugs by noting the grief the Chinese Hegemony gave the Russo-Anglo-American Alliance; however the trouble with 'lessons from history' is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins.”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion … and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”

I have the 48 Laws sitting on my desk—I'm a little over halfway through. The funniest part is how often the laws are illustrated using passages from The Treasury of Jewish Folklore. The kikes have all kinds of methods to scheme and cheat their way to power. Great book though.

that's why it's interesting

noone can deny that the kikes have good ways of amassing power; and that our only means of survival is to amass power for ourselves