Favourite Philosopher

We don't have enough laid back conversation here.

Who's your favourite philosopher?

Other urls found in this thread:

oocities.org/nythamar/kant-sk.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cPo04mJG6aA
youtube.com/watch?v=crTZV_aTfAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It has to be Marcus Aurelius.

Socrates.

Debord

Me

nice

Aristotle.

Wolverine

It's hard to say: "this is the guy" for me, most of my current philosophical engagement has been through Foucault, Jean Baudrillard, and Deleuze (and Marx of course), but I'd also like to move beyond them in a sense - especially the Spinozism of Deleuze.

Diogenes

fuggen borgissi xd

My main man, the dynamo of the dialectic, a champion of the Concept, the kritical keen Kant-krusher himself, it's gotta be Hegel of course!

Also, is Object-oriented ontology's critique of Kant as "anthropocentric" the most retarded thing in modern philosophy? Do they seriously claim we can have ontological knowledge outside of being human?

The Milk Shop Man

It's definitely a part of the current retardation, yes. Every trendy philo kid wants to be a theorist of 'the non-human' in a desperate attempt to escape the cardboard cut-out dominion of post-structuralism, but despite all claims to realist ontology as first philosophy that they make off the back of Heidegger they can't define objects any better than Heidegger could with Being.
OOO conceives of objects as being simultaneously nothing but their qualities to consciousness but also containing an element of the 'true' object outside of these qualities: they want to escape empiricist materialism and idealism at the same time but OOO literally cannot tell us what an object is because of its dogmatic attachment to realism. Like with Graham Harman: an object is not exhausted by it's practical unconscious use, but it's also not exhausted by theorizing about it. So there's no way at all for that access to happen, even realist roundabout access. The only way OOO can escape this is by going full panpsychist and claiming that consciousness is the fundamental constituent of reality for both subjects and objects… which is idealism, not realism.

file name

You mean spook buster alpha?

OOO is basically identity politics for "things."

This crazy motherfucker right here.

what have you read from him so far?

Practically everything. Currently reading Eagleton's book on Benjamin (it's okay so far, but nothing special).

kek'd hard

Karl Marx

pleeeeeease kys

Marx, Adorno, Foucault, Althusser, Baudrillard

What is his most political work in your opinion?

Soren Kierkgaard, Albert Camus and Peter Kropotkin

How do you reconcile the fact that Schopenhauer was completely bourgeois which was reflected in his outlook of the world.

Good user.

This tbh but it's still better never to have been born

i thing u meen tha spug behr

I was thinking in a more Virtue Ethics sense.

Mainly because I feel like she refined most of bakunin's core foundation

*bakunin proudhon, and pretty much every anarchist that came before her

The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction

""pill me on Kierkegaard please. I've always found what little I've read of him to be fairly reactionary.

Here's a bunch of links, I'm too lazy to explain.

Either/Or Explained:

oocities.org/nythamar/kant-sk.html

Sickness Unto Death Explained:

youtube.com/watch?v=cPo04mJG6aA

Fear and Trembling Explained:

youtube.com/watch?v=crTZV_aTfAM

EITHER DO IT OR DO NOT DO IT; YOU WILL REGRET IT EITHER WAY

I'll throw in the cliche dude, aesthetics are too dank.

Holy shit yes. We need to have an arcades project thread.

George Carlin

carlin is a great way to introduce people to non idpol-ridden leftism. friendly to normies, coarse enough to not be lumped in with modern progressives

Nigga what

Tie between Rousseau, Stirner, and Zizek. Marx I like more for his economics than philosophy theory, although he made some good points.

Look into your heart.

Just lay down and accept it.
She'll spam you with textwalls of moonspeak otherwise.

If you're lucky she has catgirls for you.

or even pics. indeed, we have qts on the board now :3

I know Zizek mainly rehashes a bunch of stuff, but I like the unique combination and his rhetorical style. Stirner' totally belongs up there, the idea of egoism and spooks is brilliant.

And I'll always see Marx more of an economist than a philosopher, although I do like a lot of his philosophy.

Wow, I never thought you were so lewd, Yui. I'm kind of shocked.

Fuck yes Hegel.

you mean the unique nothingness?

We have no qts :(
Why live?

Plato, Seneca, Rousseau, Stirner, Wlater Benjamin, Heidegger, Althusser and Zizek.

One of the most underrated philosophers of the 20th century tbqh

Dostoyefsky.

Kierkegaard, Horkheimer, Adorno, Benjamin, Debord, Bataille, Deleuze/Guatarri, Baudrillard, Jameson, Zizek and Berardi

BO is already a qt grill.
We don't need catgrill poster.

Besides it's the fantasy that produces the knowledge. Reality will only disappoint you Subjectivity is truth, don't you know.

The name of this picture makes me kek SO hard.

Damn most people here have good taste.

I have to go with Althusser.