Call of duty not only getting a movie

Holla Forums are you hyped?

These games had a plot outside WWII or "splinter group from a designated bad guy country is being extra bad and now brave ZOGbots get to shoot them"?

MW2 and the first black ops had pretty okay action movie plots

Call of duty zombies has DEEPEST LORE though aswell

Okay. As long as they aren't shitting on something good

Are they going to hire someone actually talented and he will try to use the opportunity to make it his own movie with a thin veil of the game on top like some capeshit and fantasyshit we had in the past?

The franchise is dying.

Like the Halo TV show I doubt it will get out of development hell.

You can slap the COD brand on any generic war movie script and get it some hype.

…same with the Battlefield Bad Company tv show.

Why so late?

Those retarded linear hallway campaigns that only appeal to normalfags would probably do better as movies than games anyway

People who are into war movies will probably get a kick out of THE NUMBERS, MASON
Though zombies is a bunch of convoluted bullshit strung together out of a need to set up the different levels the designers come up with and an excuse for another game full of them to happen, with some shitty ideas in the background to make things "interesting", like kingdom hearts but for dudebros

It was already a movie called Three Kings. The idea of most military FPS games as movies is as stupid as a GTA movie. They already steal the entire premise of their pointless "stories" directly from film and television.

How the fuck

I'd argue that the plot of Battlefield 3 would make for better kino but is to relevant as it has

-Middle east shenanigans woth multilateral lines.
-Kebab terrorism in Europe
-Kebab terrorism in CONUS
-Complex and unstable relationship between US and Russia
-Complex geopolitics in general

Big no-no's in CY+2 are

This, it's like making a Max Payne movie when Max Payne is just a neo-noir action movie as a video game. I've yet to think of a single video game series that could translate well to film.

a gta movie would only work if it had all the protags working together to pull off a massive heist, then kill each other off.

too bad they made it already, it's called reservoir dogs.

bf3 is redpilled and would only be greenlit if michael bay signed on.

bo1 is only good for THE NUMBERS and vietnam, beyond that it's shit. bo2 on the other hand actually has a good story since it has multiple thingies going through it. the first mw is the only good mw story, the rest are trash except for the no russian level, and that's only edgy pretentious trash at best.

COD kiddies are dumb enough to get excited for this. god i hope they cast someone fucking terrible so i can have a hearty laff.

When this shit flops I'm gonna be so satisfied.

Leslie Jones: Remember y'all. No russian, ya dig?