GITS is thankfully a flop

Hopefully this will stop (((them)))

Sad really, could have got a sequel with a better actress.

I guess GitS is too old and Matrix covered all its ground.

I just noticed it's doing exactly the same as Cisbusters. Same budget, same opening place, same opening box office numbers. Kek.

JUST

FLOP

MY

SHIT

UP

and a better plot.

of course they are too shitscared to even touch the original

nice try sjw

it does already have a better (than 1995 version )plot

oy vey

Good. Maybe this way we won't have to suffer Hollywood Akira.

So you didn't eve want it to be good? What a spiteful little shit you are. It's people like you who ruined the film industry.

Daily reminder Hitler did nothing wrong.

*sigh*

Did you watch it or…

>>>/killyourself/
>>>/reddit/

Back to tel aviv

>>>/twitter/

I did. It's actually a legit fun film that's stay as close to the source material as possible, it is Hollywood after all. Scar-Jo is superb, the writing is ok (just ok) but the effects are fucking amazing. Seriously…It's worth seeing just to witness a masterclass in CGI.

All in all? 8/10

This film is pure kino, you people are so insecure.

What? That doesn't even makes any fucking sense. Stop trying to pose as local and go back to fucking reddit.

hollywood thought they could bring live action anime remakes to westerners

because lets be honest, the stories in the most famous animes are extremely kino, rivalling the best stories the West has ever made

Hollywoods face when instead of watching the live action remake of GITS,……………………………………….BOSS BABY is a runaway success.

God Help Us

God Help Us

Its possible that it will make a lot of money on DVDs and TV rights, as did Final Fantasy Spirits Within.

Nobody cares about dvd sales. Name me a single property that got a theatrical sequel based solely on dvd sales.

If a property showed that it sells best on DVDs, why would the sequel be released on theaters again?

And replace that with streaming services, as we are in 2017 after all. DVDs was back when FFSW was on.

no u

FUCK YES! LEAVE OUR ANIMUS ALONE HOLLYJEW

on the downside, this will only result in more normalfags and leftfaggots whining about whitewashing, so expect to see more black tranny stars in films from now on, but oh well, cinema was dying anyway

We are beyond saving. We deserve to rot.

ScarJo's robotic acting throughout isn't going to help. She's a full body cyborg, not a robot. It doesn't excuse such a poor choice when the rest of the cast were doing fine, especially since the actual character in both the anime and manga has a personality.

Robotic acting actually seems appropriate when playing a cyborg that is supposed to be feeling detached from humanity. The problem is that the movie is written in an incredibly ham handed way so rather than just showing you what sort of conflict could be occurring, it instead is telling you flat out telling you what you should be getting from the story.

It even throws in a random romance for fuck all reason.

Is this move fun to watch while high at least?

Speed Racer live action was better.

I hate to admit it, but it was. The only thing I couldn't stand was all the unneeded CGI and colorful purple bubbly shit everywhere. It made the film look like a Spy Kids movie.

Nah. Although it does fill you with a strange sense of terror. Like the movie wants to murder you.

I think they tried too hard to make it look like as much of the anime as possible to the point it alienated the general audience. But you got a point.

Though to be frank I loved how over the top it was.

It didn't look much like an anime. Even the architecture and cars looked weird. Speed Racer always had an ordinary looking and non colorful world set in the 70s.

Problem is her character never had a robotic personality in any of the mediums and spinoff's the major has been in. She wasn't the "ghost in the Shell". If I remember correctly, "ghost in the shell" was a term for AI gaining sapients and becoming human like.

It's people like the people who made the film that ruined the industry, with their constant remakes, reboots and sequels

The best part is they probably can't really bank on China to save their numbers because they kept all the Japanese theming and if there's one thing the Chinese hate, it's the Japanese

You mean jew washing, (((johansson))) isn't white.

FAM

Boondock Saints did. Seriously.

Good.

No surprise considering the movie its based on is overrated pretentious garbage, too.

So why the hell did they get the director of that god-awful Snow White and Thor movie?

Austin Powers.

Boss Baby being a hit is lesser of the two evils. So I'm not as mad about that as I would have if live-action GITS had been a hit.

True, but I still want Dreamworks to crash and burn.

Good question. The trips demand an answer.

Went to see it to kill some time and everything else was shit so figured why not, how bad could it really be, it's not like it deletes the originals, it's just an adaptation.
I've never seen anything so hamfisted and boring.
It's not a combination of 3 different GiTS plotlines because that would have been preferable, it's just a lazy poaching of different elements or sequences of those stories because COOL! and REFERENCE! spread on top of a shitty commie girl robocop remake.
All the throwbacks to scenes from the anime will confuse anyone who hasn't seen them and enrage anyone who has, because they don't belong.
What the fuck possessed them to make an origin story for Major?
The more I think about it the angrier I get, I guess I deserve this.

I've honestly become convinced we don't deserve joy anymore. Everything just gets worse and worse.

bullshit, he didn't finish the job!

beauty and the beast was fucking great

crump

it flopped because there's no plausible way for normalfaggots to try and pretend to like GitS. at least with Watchmen then could wear a Rorschach mask and talk about blue weiners to try and fit in.

Ghost in the Shell is trash anyways.

It's called creativity. but i'm sure you would prefer boring retelling of old shit picked by previous guy.

There are tons of origin stories about the major. They just added another mediocre one to the list.

Hopefully this means Johansson fucks off already. Way past her shelf life, that kike.

didnt cisbusters flop waaaay harder, gits got 60m out of 110m, didnt cisbusters get

What do you mean? He did kill himself…

Leftists are vindictive vermin that can only derive joy if they are busy ruining things for everyone else. They will only be happy when everyone is as miserable as them.

It could still gross the rest of that money back in a week, don't be so excited yet.

That would still mark it a failure.

No. There's a reason why studios measure success in opening weekends. This isn't like the old days where a film would stay in the cinemas for months because there was no home video. Nowadays a film stays in the cinema for a month, two tops, and because of that if people don't see it on opening weekend they just aren't going to see it.

I was talking about more anime films.

You're right about that Hitler guy though.

Her body was always pretty stale too to be honest.

BATB not even joking

It was

>>>/reddit/

f*cking sexist bigot, you only hate it because its about a woman's struggle against the patriarchy

you're the cancer that's killing the industry

Good bait, though..

not trash but certainly overrated and overhyped, and not even 2deep4u like everyone seems to claim. like, i was falling asleep watching it and it all still made perfect sense to me. no brain busters or hmm, made me think moment. tbh it's entry level.

(checked)

>>>/normalfag/
>>>/reddit/