Udon Street Fighter

Alright, I'm curious to what's Holla Forums's opinions on the Street Fighter Udon comics (and no, any post that leaves it at a brief "it's shit" or any variation of it is wasting thread space. I want constructive opinions on why they're shit or not shit, what are exactly the flaws of what's keeping them from being excellent, and what are the particular positives and negatives in the stories/writing/plots).

I have no interest in shilling. Just putting it out there so that no user comes in all autistic-like.

I don't think you know what shilling is, but this isn't it.

Me personally, being a big Street Fighter fan, I like them. They'll be hard to get into or even give two shits about unless you play the games or have some sort of interest in the characters of course. But I feel characters are fleshed out well and I wish the games could use the backstories presented in the comics.

Again, this is a pretty biased opinion.

Eh, I really liked it to begin with, but it all feels like side stories, almost every attempt at tackling the main storylines has come off as kind of half-assed.

It's shit

I'm sorry fag- I mean sir, what was that? You forgot this.

If you want """"opinions"""" then fuck off to reddit.

Wasn't one of the writers for the recent books a massive beta who was angry at Frank Cho doing a Cammy cover?

Speaking of Street Fighter, wasn't there a crossover with G.I Joe? Talk about your wacky crossover ideas.

Fuck you

You betcha

You've wasted my time just to come here and scream suspicion of me being a Reddit cuck. Run off back to some other thread, like /a/. It's either be sensible enough to have a discussion, or don't bother commenting any further, your choice, because you're whittling off minutes standing in this thread having a chip on your shoulder and emitting tantrums like a child. You and I are done here. Period.

Are we seriously following that line now? I thought we took pride in being more than just memers, unlike Reddit. Now we are just Reddit with s/awesome/shit/g over it.

Well I haven't read it, so I wouldn't know

Trying to fit in, redditor?

And yet here you are, getting even more paranoid, and still embracing that chip on your shoulder. You didn't read , did you? Stop bother me, and stop bothering yourself. This is getting real childish.

Yeah, the match-ups on that were lukewarm. Like Rufus vs Baroness? Seriously?

Wait..what? Baroness should be fighting Cammy..or Juri. But seriously..do they have Cobra Commander vs Bison?

No, but a Vega vs Storm Shadow match would've been fantastic. Sadly, the whole crossover comic was written with poorly researched match-ups.

I like Cammy..but I'm sorry, Chun-Li already take the spot of best girl in my book.

Why even live?

He was also the guy who wrote a pretty good Baldur's Gate Ravenloft comic… Annnd the Pathfinder comic where the cleric and the rogue illustrated in the original tabletop are in a lesbian relationship. As well as introducing gender-fluidity to the world of Pathfinder. Fuck me, I still look up to this guy as a writer even though he's a foot-kissing progressive.

Yeah. I'm a sucker for thunder thighs too, user.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who love those legs.

Chun-li's kinda a bitch though, user.

How so?

Yer mum's kind of a bitch

Wait, who is he and what SF issues did he write?

Haven't read them all, in fact I stopped following them, but those I've read are decent to good.
They got most characters nailed down and they know how to make good and funny interactions with them, the problem is that they want to follow the plot of the games almost to a T, which is a bad choice because SF overall/bigger plots are shit. Also they started by completely butchering the first game's plot, so I dunno why even bothering.
Another problem is the pace, I dunno why but they go through the plot with such haste it doesn't leave much place for long good fights or actually intense moments.
That is probalby the biggest problem with the series: there's no climax, ever. No "Ryu & Ken vs Bison" feeling here, instead every battle pans out like they're simply going through the motions. They completely dropped the ball on the SF2 tournament thanks to that, because no one ever really seemed to care what they were fighting for, even in Ryu vs Sagat. This means that characters' interactions never really get intense, since in a SF series that's done through fighting.
That said, the battles are at least a proper adaption of the videogame, and they managed to translate them well. No "HadoShoryuken" or whatever. The drawings are good and the little chapters at the end are always interesting, even though not often well done in the writing.

Some more detailed complaints:
-They got Gen's character completely wrong
-The aftermath of Shadaloo's destruction is absolutely retarded
-They waited so long to introduce Final Fight characters and then did nothing with them

On a positive note, I liked that Balrog here at least gets to do something.

if you were not a braindead retard perhaps you would have read the OP, I know that some people hear the words constructive criticism and their tiny winy bwain cant handle 7 syllables in 2 words but he even explained what that means.

WHY is it shit?!

I like the books I've read in kind of a retarded way. I've only got like the first 3 or 4 trades of the first book they put out. Did they ever put out more Darkstalkers besides those first two trades? That's the shit I'm most interested in.

How is Juri in the comics? I never got up to her inclusion with what I read.

The panel composition drove me nuts at times. Especially the Ken/Ryu vs Akuma match. PANELS GALORE! They have some moments that are pretty cool (Nash vs Bison). But other than that, it's just ok at best. Nothing to waste a lot of money on.

HEY OP ITS SHIT

oh and the comic is also shit tbh fam

Jim Zub. I believe he wrote the "Street Fighter Legends" miniseries. He also works as the project manager.

For fuck's sake, you'd better not be that obnoxious faggot that was shit-stirring in this thread earlier, because this bullshit you're pulling is not contributing to this thread. At all. Also, git gud you little shit.

The canonity was pretty ambiguous and off the mark too. I'd say they should've stuck with making their own plots with what they had. Unlimited isn't such a good sequel to SFV, it really isn't.

You'll need this too =

Street Fighter is shit? Please, tell me more. I'm sure Tekken's button-bashing of combos has such technical finesse to it. And if by technical finesse, I mean little.

You'll need this too, mate =

Street Fighter is shit? Please, tell me more. I'm sure Tekken's button-bashing of combos has such technical finesse to it. And if by technical finesse, I mean too streamlined.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again: git gud user, git gud.

it's shit.
fuck you.

it's shit

What did I tell you about wasting my time? Why do you still have to be so assblasted? If you can't provide anything supplementary to this thread, and are insistent on putting up walls in it instead of letting other anons have the possibility of giving it impartial criticism or credit, then get the fuck out. You're being a superficial and redundant nuisance. And I'm supposedly perpetuating an echo chamber? Stop being a complete child about this whole fucking thread and leave. I gave you the option, and you still. Won't. Do it. What's your fucking deal?

ITT

I'm not going to delete this thread just because you're moody and can't handle other people having opinions. It doesn't matter how many times you scream and wail "it's shit" and "fuck you", I've even tolerated you after you went berserk about that shitpost I did (which I will apologise in advance for, since it was rather unsportsmanlike). I kept being gracious to you. And you didn't commit.

Do you remember how many times I've warned you, and you still wanted to behave like a disgruntled child? I'm growing tired of this insult game.

It's grow up, or don't even bother. You're a grown adult, I practically gave you the choice, and yet you still act all tough.

Do you want to be in this thread, or not? Because there are plenty of other threads you can join in.

Stop being childish. That's final.

Well, since the thread is being derailed by some faggot reddit user who thinks sage is a downvote, what do you guys think of the KOF manhwa? They have a very absurd 90s feel to them, a lot of splash pages and over the top dialog and action.

I hear KI is getting a new comic, was the old stuff worth reading at all?

I didn't derail anything and I've never gave a shit about reddit, but yeah, that KOF manhwa's pretty good.

Have you read the MKX comic yet?

Not yet. I heard just little things like Goro jobbing like a bitch. How is it? I know there is another thread about the Injustice comic.

I always liked playing her, but was she ever that popular? The newer characters all seem a bit more outlandish, so I assume a lot of people consider Chizuru rather plain.

I find the KOF manwha's art style better than the Udon stuff, tbh.

They killed off Hsu Hao and left Mavado horribly disemboweled, which is good. Frost has western waifu potential.

Chizuru was kinda plain, but I like her special move set with the reverberating after-images.

Oh, the '14 roster's weird. The China team has this trap that carries a pillow around with him all the time that he uses as a projectile, and another kid that has the most colourfully garish design that would fit in Maximum Impact. Wish they brought Shion and Lin back. The villains team with Choi and Chang has this goofball called Xanadu who looks like he belongs in TNA wrestling (I haven't played 14 yet, but I would main him). Ramon and Angel are back, thank goodness (Mexican waifu that I main in KOF 2001). And then there's Luong, who's basically Team Korea's milf. Unf.

Fuck, I should've just made this a fightan games comic thread. It was true faggotry having to limit it to the Street Fighter comics.

I stopped reading them when Chamba Cruz took over for Alvin Lee during a period where his specialties were cluttered zoom-in shots and blank backgrounds.

I picked up that Charlie one-shot they used to promote SFV which was okay.

The side-stories drawn by Omar Dogan - Ibuki Legends, etc - are probably the best in the series, if only for clarity of page composition.

Ehn..was never a fan of KOF to begin with. Love the 3 on 3 fighting format and the other characters who are not Kyo or Iori. Seriously, Ikari Warriors..what's not to like about them?

That image reminded me 3rd strike had the worst character designs in the series

Except maybe Q..and Gill. I mean, one is possibly a robot in a trenchcoat and Gill is a Pillar Man, possibly Ultimate Kars.

I like when they get really absurd with Kyo and Iori, otherwise Kyo in particular comes off as really boring, and even Iori can seem like a one dimensional dick. I can't find the images, but when Iori challenges Kyo to fight VIA A KOF ARCADE MACHINE, then a DEATHRACE IN SPORTSCARS, all leading up the a duel on top of a building where they perform EACHOTHER'S SUPERS on one another… holy shit, what a stupid fun comic. You almost have to play them off eachother only though, since their comic canon power levels basically put them above nearly every other fighter, and most complete teams.

You forgot…Iori in drag in Queen of Fighters.

What are you talking about… I certainly never jerked off to Iori in drag! That was Ms. X, a totally different character! … Right?

No..that is Iori, user…and I have some bad news..

It's fine, it's fine. At least I have another waifu to fall back on.

Not Vanessa, user? Not dissing your taste but just curious.

Uh, user… That's a man. That's a twink that dresses like a Kill Bill femme. You're falling for a trap that's voiced by a woman, mate.

Lol, you guys are all faggots.
Now, you should get a REAL woman, like this little honey from FF7…

That's crazy! Next, you'll tell me a fine bitch like Ashley here has a dick!

Yeah, she was hella hot. Not sure why she left the party so soon though. She could have really helped out the rest of the game.

Wait…that's a dude? Next you're telling me that Narancia is a dude or Annasui is a guy.

My nigga.

My true KOF waifu has actually, technically, dabbled in crossdressing

Excellent choice, user.

How come he is more convincing as a woman than as a man?

But Lightning isn't that convincing, user.