4chan's IP addresses

4chan's IP addresses
So I was fucking around on 4pol, and tried to view an image in a thread which had been slid and got pic related.

It looks like someone fucked up with their squid configuration temporarily. is.4chan.org now (but did not used to) gives a list of commands for squid-internal-mgr, but when I tried them I just got the same squid error messages as before. Trying to access the same URL of the jpg from before or the squid command a few minutes later gave the normal 4chan 404 error page instead of the squid errors. To my regret I forgot to archive it.

But i belive that it is plausible this is one of 4chan's real IPs as it belongs to QuardaNet, which also owns the IPs to 4chan's MX records. I've tried port scanning it but I can't get any open ports, so at least they've been configured correctly. I also scanned 98.143.146.0/24 and there doesn't seem to be anything too interesting.

I'm not sure if any of you fags know more about squid than me. But if you want to fuck around i'd thought i'd contribute.

Other urls found in this thread:

98.143.146.24/
quadranet.com/colocation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

98.143.146.24/ this is an apche test page

There are tons of those, but im guessing thats not related to 4chan. if you look at my 2nd post it i'm guessing 98.143.146.48/28 belongs to 4chan. Unfortunetly all the common ports nmap scans for are filtered. The hosts in the /28 above it are all running OpenSSH 5.3 though.

The ones with static in the dns name may indeed belong to 4chan. If you look at QuadraNet's colo page they give away /27s to half and full rack colos. And pic releated is 4chan's systems circa 2010 or 2011. You can see 4chan labels on the big black Foundry load balancer and the Cisco switch.

quadranet.com/colocation/

4chan uses cloudflare, their firewall probably doesn't allow direct access from the internet.

For www.4chan.org and boards.4chan.org they do. For is.4chan.org they use a service from OVH

I'm pretty sure cloudflare only acts as an intermediate step when you try to access the site by its domain name.

Cloudflare acts as a proxy and forces all connections to go through them. The users never connect to the sites directly if they configured their servers properly.

I wonder if i'll get a response.

well shit wrong post

Oh look, the Cisco guy. Could you get the source code for the bzImage thing?

not yet

So how do we know is.4chan.org isn't sandboxed?

you dont understand what the term sandbox means do you?

Yes, let us get revenge on that hacker 4channel! It may have taken years but we finally cornered him!

Unlike Holla Forums. You still can find two backend servers which allow you to post and five more that only serve static content easily.
And ironically, those two IPs are directly listed for older Holla Forums results on Google. Blocking out Googlebot helped so well.

You do release that all of 8chans servers were leaked a while ago? vid related

Like Ill trust anything to that drunken pole.