Children's Media and Autism

Why in the world does children's media have a nasty habit of attracting really weird fetish art?

I'm talkin' Nicole from Gumball with ginormous muscles, Mama Bear from the Berenstain Bears with a humongous gut, and Sonic characters pregnant with each other's babies. Even the males.

Yeah, I get that the majority of the fanbase is usually pretty young, but these aren't the sort of things you'd expect kids to do. Kids post uncapitalized, un-punctuated comments on YouTube clips of their favorite shows; only adults invest the time and effort to create these abominations we call art.

I'd be somewhat less curious otherwise, but in my experience, most of this stuff arises from western cartoons, or foreign cartoons drawn in a western style. What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DA would like a word with you.

Some kids are just fucked up man.

This. That Sonic fan drawing of them being stupidly hulked out bodybuilders praying and reading the bible, with some verse from the new testament, was allegedly done by a 14 year old.

Please post that, holy shit I need a laugh.

It might just be that mostly antisocial autists watch children's cartoons as adults.

This. You can't plan for autism or weirdos, you just accept that they happen. That's why I'm always blown away when some user has an idea for a book but they're afraid they'll get an "autistic fanbase". Nigga, regular people like that shit too, if you deny people things because of ausitic fucks, you'll never make anything.

I don't know about that, I've been seeing more and more normalfags talking about shit like Adventure Time.

found it

Each generation produces approximately double the autists of the last, it's like the Moore's law of autism or something.

Oh fuck, that's better than the one where Goku is praying

So are you saying autists will soon be the normalfags?

Because the sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers.

Maybe it's something to do with immaturity.
Fetishes, real fetishes, are developed early on. And the kind of thing you're talking about tends to center on properties that are definitely aimed at kids. Maybe there's a population who are stunted in some way such that they fixate on these child-oriented shows while indulging in "immature" sexual hang-ups.

Especially the males!

Well at least we know that western looking characters cant be waifus, only anime and manga characters can be TURE waifus!

TRUE*

It's the other way around. Autism makes people latch onto oddly specific things and then mash them together with other deviant and aberrant behavior.

When a cartoon features something that triggers a weird fetish in its audience, it tends to develop beyond the initial confines of the cartoon. Like, that blueberry scene from Willy Wonka spawned a new fetish entirely, but people with a "blueberry" fetish aren't still scrawling highly specific and obsessive MS paint art of Violet from that movie.

autists are showing up mostly in first world countries
the autism rate is very high in america even compared to other first world countries
it correlates with deteriorating led pipes

its led in the water, or the highly pharmaceutical and litigious nature of the upper middle class in america, probably both.

No, the only reason why autism seems more prominent in first world countries is due to the easier and relatively cheaper access to internet that they can use to expose themselves.

And access to doctors to diagnose it. Same reason with the 'vaccines cause autism' hysteria; countries with functioning medical infrastructure have access to both vaccines for children and doctors who can diagnose mental disorders.

Though I think there might actually be some correlation with how recent generations have been having children older, because of how long it takes for parents to get any kind of stability, and having children older has a higher chance of all kinds of physical disorders and issues.

You're telling me there are autistic kids in the heart of Africa, who can only carve their pregnant Sonic OC into wood? That really makes you think.

Now and since the dawn of time.

It's probably better to be autistic now than ever, given historically the treatment of people with physical and mental disabilities and disorders was… well, probably best not getting too much into unless you want to feel depressed. But it's only recently that people started thinking of mental disorders and illness as something that needs and deserves care and treatment, not a defect or a sign of supernatural evil.

Looks like a misspelling

It has always been spelled Berenstain you fucking kike.

Wasn't that manufactured autism though? As in, it was made by a non autistic person making fun of that kind of art

This was obviously drawn as joke

I wish the Holocaust really happened.

you now realize there are really people out there who consider sonic do not steal waifus more normal than anime girls

There's people who are trying to treat autists and spergs as their own race, instead of a cognitive disability. Like they think finding a cure or treatment for autism is up there with those hamfisted gay conversion camps.

they just think those kids are possesed by some spirit and gang rape them to death tbh.

Source: witch doctor

Problem is, the autists have something of a point there; there's currently no fucking clue how to effectively treat autism aside from a decent upbringing and practice in developing social skills (which is a good deal of why autism is likely underdiagnosed in women; girls are made to develop social skills much earlier and as a higher priority than boys) and any 'cure' at this point is basically gay conversion therapy in just making people pretend they're 'normal'.

Kinda like transsexuals; sex change surgery probably isn't an ideal solution at the current point, but there's literally no better alternatives.

cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

The better alternative to mutilating surgery and hormone treatment is therapy that doesn't assume that the thing that's fucked up about the patient is their genitals.

Problem is.. Psychology is not a great field for people who don't buy into a lot of the vocal minority's opinion, and society at large is aggressively in support of letting anyone and everyone go through with transitioning, regardless of age or mental condition.

There's a few dozen different psychiatric conditions and mental illnesses that could lead to body dysphoria, which could easily be misdiagnosed as gender dysphoria, especially if the psychiatrist is eager to get good boy virtue signalling points for helping another tranny get the pills they are crying for.

so is psychology a legitimate field of study then?

It's considered a soft science for a good reason: The results are hard to replicate, it changes the definitions of what is and isn't an illness every couple of years, it's highly susceptible to the whims of public opinion… Therapy can do good for some people, but it's hard to consider it any kind of completely trustworthy form of treatment.

Considering you can ask ten different psychologists what's wrong with one patient and come back with ten completely different answers I'd say it's Astrology tier.

Seems some kids will for whatever reason direct their newly found sexual urges towards these shows, and the results become strange because the shows are lacking in real sexuality, are in general detached from reality, and often involve non-human characters.

There's no way it's ever getting that bad.

There's a point where you put too much effort into making fun of autists, and become an autist yourself.

Otherwise known as "A-Logging".

the autism, it binds us surrounds us. Spergy beings are we not this degenerate matter.

Isn't Shadow x Shrek a meme?

I dunno, Adventure time isn't the best example… To me it's more of a marketing thing. You have a highly competent focus group of people saying LOOK AT ALL THIS MATURE STORYTELLING IT'S TOTALLY OK FOR ADULTS TO WATCH KIDS SHOW NOW and the voice actors being payed to repeat what they instructed to say, so general audiences latch on for the sake of validation. Essentially AT is popular among adults because, in a way, it was designed with them in mind.

Best example of this type of Moore's Law is MLP

Most memes derive from sincerity at some point.

MLP is basically 'What if we took a typical girly cartoon formula, but made it not shit?' and as a result such a goddamn unicorn (pun unintended) among cartoons that it attracts a ton of attention as a result, mainly through hitting the moe anime demographic without anything being lost in translation. In the land of the retarded, the one-horned pony is princess. (that was on purpose)

Made it shit later on with Faust dropping/being forced to drop the show and Hasbro pandering to the moe anime demographic's cancer

Sorta. It started with the "My time here is ogre" picture made by some autistic chick on deviantart. EDF1 found her and made shrek x shadow pictures to show her, meaning 90% of shrek x shadow pictures you can find on deviantart were made to mock an autistic girl. I wish I took screenshots before the first ED forum died.

Are you being retarded? Jewish surnames end in -stein, not -stain, which is the reason most people thought it was Berenstein, because that's how you would expect a Jewish surname to end.

I don't think a lot of people in the moe anime demographic are watching MLP, and those who do make up a tiny amount of viewers.

Most of the MLP fandom basically recycles /a/ terminology and behaviour, at least on the chan side of things. I said 'attracts attention' to imply they're not necessarily a significant demographic. (though a profitable one if targeted correctly)

From all indications it's definitely popular with the target demographic, having made it 6 seasons thus far. Probably helps that being not utterly cringeworthy for anyone over 6 years old means that viewers stick with it longer and old enough to buy more expensive merchandise. (like say, every other cartoon)