Non-white experiences?

Are there any non-whites on this board?
What is your experience as a coloured person? Do you live in a majority white country?
Tell us about some instances where your race has been used against you. Doe it seem systematic where you live?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/35oBv
chesnuttarchive.org/classroom/lynchings_table_state.html
chesnuttarchive.org/classroom/lynchingstat.html
yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1979/2/79.02.04.x.html
youtu.be/hpAMbpQ8J7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Born in Hong Kong, my and my parents moved to France when I was 3.

I don't think my race or (ex-)nationality has ever been used against me outside of a few encounters with people where a heated conflict resulted a few racist remarks. I don't think discrimination was ever really at the heart of those instances. Rather, in the heat of those situations, remarks about my identity were just used to be extra offensive. It was fairly irrelevant situations too, like a fight at my high school's gym class with a kid over us accidentally bumping into one another during basketball, or a pizza place staff member insisting on charging me for more than I owed him for my order.

Try this: WHITEY BAAD GROSS AND RACIST

I'm white and niggers and Jews have ruined my life.

Polyps are certainly untermensch but I don't think you count as non-white.

Quadroon. Most think Jewish or Greek.

Was once called a sandnigger. Didn't escalate. Who gives a fuck

In school was once spit on by a kid who bragged about being part of the KKK. Became friends with him later.

Basically never think of myself in terms of my race. Never remember these experiences unless specifically asked.

also, WHITEY BAAD GROSS AND RACIST

Good fun was had by all

good joke.

vietnamese here, gimme money plox

I am Dominican and live in the U.S. of A.

The only instances in which being non-white has worked against me is when I tried to be right wing. I liked libertarianism for a while, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I only liked libertarianism if people chose to voluntarily do shit that I liked. When they indulged in (spooky) "degeneracy", I disliked it. Naturally, I moved into Holla Forumsack territory.

I pretty quickly realized the whole "fascist multicultural respect" meme Holla Forums tries to propagate is bullshit, and even in theory and discussion, race-based ideologies are only a poor choice of words away from aggression with their different race "allies".

Other than that, I come from a middle-class enough family that me being non-white has only been more of an accessory that I can pull out every now and then at parties or school discussions for bonus points or something. The way I dress and talk gives away my economic background immediately, so even in circumstances where cops might attempt to harass me, there's usually a shift in their attitude once they engage (assuming they had aggressive intent to begin with, which may not be true).

This isn't news to anyone here, but class trumps everything else. Its infuriating when I try to communicate this to some of my working-class relatives who still don't get I get treated the way I do not because I "act white" but because of the implication of wealth.

That feel you feel? I feel it.

This post is full of ideology and full of shit, but I cant really point clearly to it.

Con somebody help me out with this?

You speak truth.

It is funny as fuck being obviously mixed and watching pure idiots get all defensive about their ethnic identities as if they are actually a thing.

Sure:

Buddy, I was just asking some people on this board for their perspective on things. Is that wrong? Noone says that you must agree with what they have to say, I'd just personally like to hear it.

The problem with OP is the underlying idea that personal experiences are a valid source of scientifical methodical knowledge, and not the personal perception of individuals. A study can say that most African-Americans suffer from poverty (im taking this out of my ass, its just an example), but under OP's logic an upper-class A.M. can say he doesnt suffer from such opression we should somehow give his story the same value than a sistematic, scientific study. Its individualism and postmodernism taken to the absurd.

I know im being a bit too zealous about anti-IdPol, but taken in account that these anti-intellectual ideas are the dominant on the left, I think being a bit too agressive is the only way to stop these toxic ideas from spreading further.

I never claimed that at any point.
That's why I explicitly used the terms "does it feel systemic" rather than "is it systemic".

I am interested in hearing anecdotes and feelings here, essentially.

You dont have to claim it to be true, its ideology. You do it but you dont know you are doing it, as Marx said.

Nothing against that, but watch out what you do or how you analize that information.

Feelings and anecdotes arent a reliable source to know the systemic ills of a society. This is exactly the mistake liberals make, since they sre in love with individuality and the idea that the individuam is infallible and special.

south cali spic here
never had problems when it comes to race the only time it's ever really happened was when I was working at mcdonalds and some fat fuck in a truck with trump bumper stickers got butthurt at everyone in the place for being non white and takin his jerbs

You just sound fucking autistic, OP is only trying to get in touch(kind of) with certain people and you're being damn annoying and condescending about it.

I'm a first gen immigrant(black) in Belgium (not brussels or any big city so yeah a pretty white place), so far everything has been pretty comfortable. There's usually some kind of prejudice but who can blame them? Nothing of this bothers me really…

If there's anything specific you want to know, just ask. I don't want to write down some random experiences.

Well, duh. You are not a minority in SoCal.

Been to SoCal and while the hispanic descent of the population was obvious, I saw a lot of people who looked white or who were white and speaking spanish fluently.

I definitely think Hispanics and especially Hispanic whites are being accepted into the US social order as being white, in spite of Trumb.
inb4 muh global anti-blackness

I'm hispanic with Italian ancestry. My hair is dark and my skin is a light tan. I have a brother who's the stereotypical white person with brown hair and green eyes. I don't really think of myself as a minority and I'm pretty indifferent to race.

Iraqi living in the united states here. I look "white" though. I'm pale with light brown hair, hence I've never felt any kind of discrimination. You'd only know I was middle eastern if you knew my name.

I know a guy who is Italian and he's tan. He has experienced more discrimination than I have lol

I'm a white brazilian, so not exactly a minority, but I have a black gf, so I see some of the shit she has to go through, including:

Some of this has to do with the fact that I'm upper middle-class and she's lower middle-class, but other things definitely happen because of the skin color. Racism is still a big problem in Brazil.

inb4 Holla Forumsyps trying to imply "white brazilian" is an oxymoron

Also, before you faggots call me a normie, I was a 23 year old virgin before I started dating her, and she's the first person I've ever dater, so fuck off.

Thats because latinos arent a racially homogenous group, at all. Latino is a cultural and geographical clasification, not racial. You have full black/full white Germanic/full Amerindian and all the mixes in between you can imagine and all of them are latinos because they were born in Latin American.

Yeah, I definitely get that Latin America is incredibly diverse, it had as much or maybe more European immigration in the 19th century+ hundreds of years of domination and interbreeding with the Spanish elite.

I just think that "race" in America, especially is a very slippery thing to grasp. Volokh observed that Asians were starting to be treated as "white" whatever that even means now, around 1998: archive.is/35oBv

This isn't /r9k/ fam

Really? I feel for you gf yo. That's just sad.

fuggen sabed.

part-irish here.

cops regularly pull me over to give me my complementary gold coins. im invited to all sorts of secret meetings in the woods. white women get dripping wet at the sight of my curly red hair. feels good to have that non-white irish muh privilege.

I'm a pakistani in a balcan country, try to guess.
I've been verbally attacked for being a muslim many times and once physically. Ironically I am not religious at all and I even eat pork.

What the Hell are you doing there comrade? Im geniunely curious.

I dunno, escaping poverty and my faggot father not wanting to move out because "northen europeans are just more racist, don't you watch tv? they are all nazis"

capitalists do taste good tbh

Swarthy American with a curly mustache and thick beard and aquiline nose. People ask where I'm from and if I'm a Sihk all the time.

My parents are from Ohio.

I'm an Afghan Muslim born in the USA. I don't really face much discrimination to be honest. The only time it was really annoying was when OBL died and shit got hot, had to keep my head down for a bit.

You Afghans are practically white. Well more Aryan than snow-monkeys.

I'm a SE asian living in the UK. I have a Muslim name but am not religious. I am highly offended when people compliment my English. Each and every Holocaust is a searing knife that stabs me one step closer to bombing a public school.

In all seriousness, I am terrified that all the white people will some day go from constantly flagellating themselves to committing suicide all at once.

You are playing on Hard. I like you.

Hahaha that explains it

I never got it why americans call people like this guy black. He is clearly white

Why do you people go on the chans where it is clear you're not wanted? Leave

lmao you leave

I mean when people like this guy exist

post hands and nose, how we know you are white?

I mean look at him, he is monochrome

None of what you said is even real. Who the fuck would treat you purposely bad because of your """"""race"""""? We are all humans and have empathy for each other. That's some cultural marxist narrative there.

yeah right

For the paranoid and self-examining, anonymity may ironically make the chans a kind of safe space.

Think about it. Apart from threads like these and the occasional lighthearted "Go away, Ahmed", you can't even tell who's white and who's not. Imagine you're calling passionately for your rope day on Holla Forums and see 50-odd posters join hands with you. What if they're all false-flagging niggers trying to make you look retarded? You'd be clapping and cheering with no idea how far their cocks are up your ass.

That's not systemic racism , though. Just some assholes that attacked people. No one gives a shit about race because it's illogical, there is no "white" tribe where people discuss "white" things. No white boogeyman in the sky plotting to make things as unfair as possible.

clarification I meant to address this post:
gf experience is sad tho

Until we dont. Go back to liberal lala land.

as a Mexican with very light skin i can agree if you even seem white and youre Mexican you're treated white

Empathy is the logical, natural state of humans in general. If you don't have it you have disorder affecting your consciusness.

Now that's what I call being a naive idiot

lol'd

the only time i knowledge my race is when im reminded by someone else, sometimes positively, mostly negatively.
my area is almost completely white
mostly its just used as a joke, nothing violent has ever happened, never been called out on it in public, however all of my younger sisters have had names shouted at them at work and school unironically. i think the most discouraging thing about it is girls point blank saying they would date me if only i wasnt part black, which has happened 3 times.
nope, just here and there, mostly just edgy people or people who think they are my friends give me banter about it.

spend a few minutes on Holla Forums, those people are the exact people who you claim dont exist, they're just waiting for the opportunity.

Holla Forums are just memers. you're literally taking internet trolls as an example of humanity.

A) Define White.
B) Stop being and Americanocentric faggot.
C) How about "whites" in a non-"white" country? Are they not to tell you experiences???

ARE YOU RACIST OR SOMETHING??

racist southerners and muh one drop

I really want to believed you, but iv have met one of these people first hand, they were literally bipolar, tried to explain how genocide is ok, dehumanized every race they didn't prove of which was pretty much anyone who isn't white or Asian, from what i heard was physically and emotionally abusive, manipulative, and a liar, overall had a very disgusting lifestyle and then cut me out of their life because i wasn't pure white.

now that was one person, out of billions on earth, there absolutely are more just by probability, the idea that frightening people find a place to talk isnt a stretch, and im certain Holla Forums is where it is.

Half cracker half nigger here

Good one m8.

He's black by American standards. Some might even call him pic related.

Whites make up just a bit less than half of the brazilian population – so not exactly a minority.

Completely irrelevant.

As always
DEFINE
WHITE

What is white to you, is not white to a Nordish Nazi!

See why this whole shit is BS, cause the science is long gone?

Man that shit's good to hear. Glad you were enlightened.

Did I post this eight hours ago and forget? What gives?

Norfag here. The Balkans is the most racist place I've been in Europe. Tell yo dad not all nothern/western eurofags are nazi just yet.

As I said in the other thread, if you're seen as white by you local community, you're white.

Don't take me for some white pride idpoler or something like that: I'm fully aware that "whiteness" is only loosely linked to biology and that it defines nothing about you personally and I don't personally identify to any race myself, but I am fully aware that, in the context of my society, I'm seen as a white man and my gf is seen as a black woman, even though my ancestry is definitely not fully european, just as well as her ancestry is definitely not african.

Sure, but that's irrelevant, because I live in Brazil, not in Northern Europe. What matters is the "whiteness" of my social context, not the one of elsewhere – which is why worldwide white pride is bullshit.

You're right that "whiteness" is a social construct, but that doesn't mean I'm raceless. In a similar light, the existence of god is arguable; the effect of religion is not.

Still

Maybe racism is not a problem where you live, but it's a big problem here in Brazil and it shouldn't be ignored.

Sage because I wish we had an edit function.

Balkans (GR) here.
AS YET!
I got relatives in Sweden and I can see how well SocDem is preventing Fascism under crisis!!!
(Also, there had always been an anti-south portion of the population).

Ofcourse we are. First of all, against each other!
What did you expect, with the material conditions that developed after the Ottoman Empire (and because of it)?

Yes, that's my point too.
It's not about "race" existing or not.
It's about ANY serious DiaMat scientific analyses off it, has long gone outta the window, cause it's become religion to blame everything on "the other".

This basically spreads with globalization, since we cannot promote nationalism as much, racism (or "anti"-racism) is being promoted, to have the same effect.
Addressing a problem without addressing it.
Coffee without Caffeine. Revolution without revolution.

Also, we got 5% Nazis in every election.

And we had racism when ya people were still hunter-gatherers.
(Is Xenophobia an outcome of civilization?)

No, we did not, because we did not have a concept of race. Instead we had "fuck those guys from that tribe over there"-ism.

I live out in PAT. I feel the struggle, comrade.

We had the "everyone thad doesn't speak a dialect of our language and worship ower gods, is a barbarian", when you were still on the tribes lvl.

Why didn't Persia conquer Greece? Everything would be so simpler now..

Yeah, and that's not racism.

What, you didn't know that the Persian Empire was where the ancestors of the Germanic tribes were at the time? If anything, the Ancient Greeks were holding the people who would become the modern Europeans at bay.

What made you emigrate from the place you were born? Was emmigrating tought and was there anything speciffic that made you choose Belgium?

This story sort of made me kek.
"Oh really? You speak english? But you're a ching-chong and everything!"

I never got it why Americans call people like this guy black. He is clearly white.

For all your talk of non-whites being savages you storm niggers seem to be uncivilized animals.

M E A N W H I L E

chesnuttarchive.org/classroom/lynchings_table_state.html

chesnuttarchive.org/classroom/lynchingstat.html

true, but the capitalist system awards people with no empathy and so, pushes people to minimise their empathy

yeah but in the country I live, in the last 10 years there were only 2 killings of muslims, while in norway there was that brei something guy that he alone killed 80

Balcans are not racist, just xenophobic, because of many years under ottoman rule or being in war with ottomans. Also turkfags making slav-muslims like albanians and bosnians kill other slavs for divide-and-conquer tactics.

white priviledge is to fuck a different race before the 60'ies and survive.

top kek

I'm white and I could never be friends with someone like that.

yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1979/2/79.02.04.x.html

Underrated post.

I used to think well of whites interacting with or dating people of colour since they were free of racism then I learned for some people dating an ethnic minority is another one of those college experiences.

I'm not sure what the point of this was but, don't you think this is interesting? As an insecure person this really bothers me.

Typical Greek. The Ottoman Empire collapsed over a century ago! When are you going to stop blaming Turkic people for all your problems?

spot the capitalist

yep, looks like a social scientist wrote this

I KNEW IT

your english seem ok to me

BACK TO KIRTCUCKCHAN

I'm Jewish and NRx and I feel like the Ethno-nationalist whites have it in for me. During Google Hangout sessions they call me a sperg loser, they say my name through an echo chamber effect.

t. Potato King of Idaho.

kek

I'm published in a respectable tranhumanist journal I'll have you know!

You may choose one and only one.

My parents moved out when I was still a baby to escape the civil war, I've never asked them how and why. They don't want to tell because I'm not "mature" enough (19 btw).
I think they chose Belgium because it was one of the countries they were more familiar with since it used to have some influence in my country of ethnic origin.

Hmmm, that is fairly interesting.
Is it one of the countries involved in the Rwanda-crisis? That was back in the late 90's wasn't it?

Well guessed, that's right. It's Rwanda, I don't even dare to call it a country anymore.

It's ruled by some retarded dude who steals resources from Congo for shipping to Asia. This way he can do whatever he wants. In short, western world powers will not punish him for his war crimes and he gets to execute his weird plans to make Rwanda hutu free.
It's really sad.

Western interventionism has really fucked Africa up something fierce. The tutsi/hutu split, as far as I understand, is not really something that existed before Belgians purposly fannedd the fires between the two in order to control both.
Kinda ironic that your parents choose Belgium, although I suppose the place has come a long time since colonial days.

Too bad Rwanda is a shithole now, though.

Yeah your God awful source did absolutely nothing to disprove my claims. The majority of lynching victims were non-whites and the majority of lynching in the south were for political reasons and lynchings are still mob justic. I mean seriously even if what you're saying was remotely true. Who the hell supports people getting hanged without a trial for stealing a fucking cow? Like I said you stormcucks are uncivilized violent animals that are every bit the monsters you make minorities out to be.

I also hate charities with a burning passion"Pls help starving ugly poor african surrounded by flies".

It instills the idea like we're some dumb children who need papa white man or else we'll go instinct! Though I'm convinced Africa would be much better off if the Western forces left it alone.
Oh conflict? Don't involve us, that shit's dangerous. Wait? There are benefits to reap? Let's show em what human rights are! (Sounds familiar right?)

I'd rather all of them stay away and let Africans rule their own land but that would probably be catastrophic for developed countries so not happening anytime soon.

I know this comes off as sentimental but I don't hate white people or anything like that. It's obviously the capitalistic system doing it's thing

Also, I'm pretty new to left communism so be gentle if you're going to roast me on my ignorance.

What you're saying sounds pretty reasonable to me. Nothing to roast.
After all, I mostly made this thread to get people's perspective so I'm not gonna attack you for doing even if I disagreed with you.
It does seem right though.
Charity in the West is mostly for the sake of buying indulgence so we don't have to think about the system that created such poverty in the first place.

Have you seen this Ziziek video on charity? youtu.be/hpAMbpQ8J7g

Indeed! It's a very good video, but I've had views like that for many years now.
Somehow he puts it a little better than I could though, so it's definitely a good video to recommend to people.

I'm an Albanian living in Greece. No one cares too much except than rare insults like ass-albanian or something, on school or even on facebook.

oh and some make fun of albanian way of speaking greek and that's triggering me a lot.

Charity in the West is a tremendous scam. Donations are tax-deductable, which allows companies to use charitable donations as inflation-proof wealth storage that taxpayers pay for. Also, large charities are structured like for-profit corporations with highly-paid executives, a lot of middle management, and a bunch of workers who get paid shit. So long as the charity itself does not post a profit, the rich fucks who run it can continue to use it to pay themselves salaries and protect their money from tax collectors and inflation.

Theres plenty.

But i dont see how this is relevant.

This guy isnt black. This guy is next level.
He is greyscale.