Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/rYCkA
archive.is/942pl
www83.zippyshare.com/v/5NRz8wQ8/file.html
www116.zippyshare.com/v/ZrsSG50L/file.html
www28.zippyshare.com/v/a1mFvQT9/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/991rBJ2I/file.html
www93.zippyshare.com/v/9BnsVSeD/file.html
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/studio-lets-four-year-old-write-blockbuster-makes-115-million-loss-a7330116.html
comicbook.com/2016/10/18/power-rangers-set-photos-hint-at-death/
thewrap.com/bryan-cranston-compares-power-rangers-movie-to-dark-knight/
avclub.com/article/elizabeth-banks-modern-and-edgy-rita-repulsa-power-235548
twitter.com/AnonBabble

do not let this get a sequel. Let it fade into obscurity never to be talked about again.

my life…

Power rangers will probably become the new Bayformers.

you know, I didn't know how the Transformers fans felt when Hollywood raped their childhoods, but I wonder if we are getting it worse or about the same.

I definitely feel bad for them now either way.

This is DB Evo and Jem tier shit. For fuck's sake this just hurts to watch. I don't even care about Power Rangers or Super Sentai. But a bad fucking movie puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Bulk and skull actually being violent bullies instead of lovable misunderstood misfits that later became heroes
This brothers me more than anything else.

as it should. People who treat Bulk and Skull like that have absolutely no respect for the source material.

Yep

I don't think that was bulk or skull

Rita wasn't a lesbian ether

BULKAND SKULL ARE ACTUALLY BAD

IT ACTUALLY MADE THIS SHIT LOOK GOOD IN COMPARISON
At least is having fun instead of the official crap.

Fuck this gay Earth.

So they're not doing the green ranger? Or are they going to try and force a romantic conflict once they do?

this thing

this fucking thing

it keeps getting worse with every detail revealed about it

Given how terrible this looks, I'm surprised they are revealing anything this early. Usually when studios know they have a stinker on their hands, they doing advertise or hype it until a couple weeks before release.

…Oh dear Lord.. They think this is going to succeed…

Looking at it without bias, it looks meh.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say that Superpowers outside of morphs have been a part of western toku for a while. So there is at least precedent, and you can argue that its not some stupid hollywood thing.

Well of course they have super powers! None of these versions of the characters have an interest in any athletics, even the one who is doesn't go to practice! How are we the dumb audience supposed to know that they are STRONK?

But seriously that "Everything changed" "i'm breaking my sink now" trend in super heroes is the worst. Hey remember the first time the power rangers fought the mooks and totally ate shit but progressively got stronger as the series went on? What happened to shit like that?

It has, but it's still not a very good aspect. Granted Go-buster emulated that and a couple of other sentai teams have had members with absurdly superhuman abilities.

In the case of Kamen Rider and original Super Sentai, the reason they have powers outside of their suits is because they're usually cybernetically augmented, somehow magically infused with special powers, or they are literally highly trained Ninjas who transform. In on series they were even wizards.

In Western Toku, they are usually teenagers who are just given a morpher, or some shit. In the original Power Rangers, they handwaved all the stunty fighting by having them all practice martial arts after school

You know what?
It only now hit me.
Tell me, what do you call this feeling where you are aware of something, and you think you understand it, but you really don't, and then there is this single moment of realization, of clarity. When you finally accept the truth that you've only been pretending to accept before?
I'm experiencing it right now, harder than in a long time.
I am finally comprehending that this is not a parody. This is not a joke. This is real.

And I'm saying this seriously. I know it sounds like one of those meme-y jokes, like "lol, how is this real xD", but I mean it with full honesty. Up until now, when I saw the images, responded in threads, when, for the lack of a better world, I was an apologist for this movie, I was not treating it seriously. My mind understood it as some kind of a cross between a parody and a fan project, closer to the super edgy Ranger short film from a while ago than anything else.
But I look at it now, I see the "Angel Grove" sign and it hits me. It's sinking in.

I dunno I like the fact that they are generally fuck ups, it makes their eventually ascension into cool guys a bit more compelling.

Honestly I think as long as it isn't marred by shit acting, and at least tries to convey the message of the power of family, friendship, and shit, it won't at least be as shit as baysformers.

Yea, but I don't really think you can just handwave it with martial arts anymore, especially since its not all that popular anymore.

What surprises me about Sentai and Riders is how uncommon this actually is though. Faiz, Fourze, Fiveman and Megaranger are about the only times they take place exclusively in a high school, and other sentais will only have one member as a high schooler if any.

There is no handwaving though. They get super powers only when they have the suits on. They're ability to do martial arts gives them a technique and basic combat abilities.

Wait until Josh Trank makes a Body horror theme Street sharks movie.

Don't try and spook him like that, user. We all know that Josh Trank will never make another movie ever again.

Does it matter? Street sharks movie will probably be gory for PG-13 standards

Speaking as a Transformers fan, this thing you're doing? Nursing some faint hope? For your own sake, you should stop doing that.

Screenshot this post for future use

you're predicting on easy mode user.

They're actually doing a Street Sharks movie…?

Don't look at this as a Power Rangers movie. Look at it as a movie set in the Agony In Pink universe.

Street sharks are already rough and tough and badass, so visually speaking they may be the best candidate for the dark and gritty realistic treatment.

I wonder what chances there are of Hollywood fucking pic related in the ass.

That probably isn't a troll account.

webm

Will the black kid be the black Power Ranger and the asian kid the Yellow one again?

Or the Chronicle universe.

Black kid will be blue ranger this time. Keeping the charm and spirit of the original is basically illegal in hollywood.

No, the black guy is the blue ranger and the asian guy is the black ranger because it would be racist for the black guy to play the black ranger.

So the black guy is clearly the comedy relief sidekick

No, he's the intelligent charming nerd who some white girl will fall for.

I honestly think that short film is a lot worse than that trailer because the idea of the rangers being child soldiers is just beyond fucking stupid. Plus the fact that everybody died in that short because "muh edgy realism" .
At least this movie remembered that they were meant to be teenagers and not fucking child soldiers.

I know there will be OTHER Josh Tranks, but that fucker is never getting a movie with a budget over 5 bucks ever again.

It looks fine. This is as good as Hollywood could ever do with the concept.

Considering the current state of superhero movies in today's marketplace, it might actually succeed. Just imagine, one of these every couple of years for the next decade or so…

With the first movie, denial. No, this is just a one-off, it'll flop and I can successfully write it out of my awareness. The second movie will bring anger. That piece of shit got a sequel? How dare it! Audiences are dumb, they'll eat up anything! The third movie, bargaining, come on, if we all just stop watching it'll go away, we can do this together. The fourth, depression. By the fifth movie, you'll accept it.

Actually, due to competition in the market, the movie has to pretty good to hold up these days. Even if it survives on pure day one hype, bad reviews will kill a sequel. The trailers for Turtles 2 showed that they tried to address nearly ever complaint about the first one, but it failed anyway. The magical situation that created Bayformers (and somehow still gives it a pass for millions of people) just aren't going to happen for any random shit movie again.

This is going to need to have something that speaks to the average movie goer. Will superpowered Breakfast Club do it? I don't know.

Someone tell that to Sony and Warner Bros.

no, it looks like shit, just like you

Honestly, I don't even care about the superpowers. This all just looks boring.

Also, no one in this thread comments on the lack of Zordon? The big man who puts the Rangers in context?

Of course. I wasn't saying it's a definite hit. Just that if they play their cards right this could possibly take off. It's too early to write this off just yet.

On the other hand, imagine what a stream of money coming in from blockbuster movies will do for the rest of the franchise. Just look at Transformers, they're putting out stuff in the non-movie lines that would have been laughed off as a crack dream if you'd said over a decade ago that it was coming. Obscure or second string characters given serious releases, entire lines of old stuff rebuilt with modern engineering, Transformers fans are living in a golden age. PR fans should be praying this takes off like Bayformers did. Imagine living in a world where Bandai of America doesn't turn everything it touches into shit.

Epiphany?

Well, Sony gave up and is paying Marvel to make their movie for them, and WB went through a lot of restructuring on their DC movies, so I think they at least know they have to do better.

I was hoping to see or at least hear him. But they gotta save something for the next trailer.

Sony's in deep shit with just about all their "nerd culture" movies, but you forget Warner Bros owns the rights to Harry Potter

Power Rangers is going to be like the Dark Knight says Bryan Cranston.
archive.is/rYCkA

Wonder if they'll try to make Zordon Cranston be more LGBT inclusive with that he had to apologize to a gay power ranger this year.
archive.is/942pl

Well, there goes just about every hope I had for the film.

I'll still pirate it and be unhappy, but they won't get my dollerey-doos.

MEANWHILE, THIS HAS THE EXACT SAME FUCKING TRAILER AND IS COMING OUT IN 4 DAYS WOOOO

Kill me.

I don't remember Batman's dad being an eternally pissed-off asshole like the Power Rangers trailer seems to be suggesting.

I don't remember batgirl having a eating disorder

I'm not even mad.
These fuckers deserve to be bullied.
Especially with

every power rangers ever, americans ruin everything

Why?

Well, Max Landis is apparently involved, so I wouldn't be surprised if the script and everything is recycled.

At least transformers was basically the same thing, just with a lot of edge. But as is screaming about, this is literally changing how they functioned. They were never special until they did their Henshin transformation. Maybe they were a bit more badass than normal because they were used to fighting, but this looks any other teenage novel made into a movie. I honestly wouldn't have guessed this was Power Rangers if you hadn't told me.

Will we ever get fun loving shit ever again?

Well, America has a lot of cultures and races, unlike Japan.

Last I heard he fought hard, and won, getting his name taken off the project. So, whatever script he wrote has been heavily modified, if much of it is used in the final movie at all.

As someone who got his ear pierced at the age of 7 thanks to this show, I hope they never do.

you really did that user? that sounds hilarious.

[blogpost]
It was my 7th birthday present, I have that same piercing to this day(20 years this November, the Modo action figure was not as fortunate), and it is one of the few decisions in my life I do not regret.
[/blogpost]

Last I heard, it's safer and less painful to get your ears pierced younger, some parents have their babies' ears pierced and they don't even notice.

www83.zippyshare.com/v/5NRz8wQ8/file.html
www116.zippyshare.com/v/ZrsSG50L/file.html
www28.zippyshare.com/v/a1mFvQT9/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/991rBJ2I/file.html
www93.zippyshare.com/v/9BnsVSeD/file.html

I ain't clickin that shit quadnigger

Dose quads tho.

Actuallly power rangers is a hard PG-13 that tackles bullying, teen drinking and drug abuse, eating disorders and suicide.

Oh god,
They made the black guy Billy!
He's not just the blue ranger but the fucking nerd. How is this a step-up from the token black guy. Hell, even Zack from the original PR had some great moments and dance moves.

That's just one of the many, many, MANY problems with this reboot; its tone. Its taking itself way too seriously, that's barely any energy in it, and the only funny moment is when not-Zack almost blew himself up.

They did the same in Dino Thunder which you could consider a soft reboot of Mighty Morphing but black Billy was funny.

Now that I think about it, Dino Thunder is a pretty good modernization of MM, why the fuck did they made this for?

So it works as MM reboot.

So it has what Hollywood wants.

So its still Power Rangers.

Holy shit, yes, why aren't they just re-releasing Dino Thunder in HD or something.

is dino charge any good?

RLM will probably love this

But it sequel

Why hello Linkara. Didnt know you browsed Holla Forums?

Well of course. Even their Mr. Plinkett reviews have lost their dignity.

I actually think that the PR reviews are the single thing linkara ever did that's mildly interesting

I agree. I'm not even a power rangers fan yet I still enjoy his reviews for some reason.

What's also interesting, is like another user in the thread said, they cut out the healthy lifestyle of the original characters completely as well. Now we've got "five teenagers with literal attitude" just stumbling across their powers instead of being /fit/ as fuck and chosen for them. Hell, even the original movie opened with the characters being active as fuck.

Crazy how that sort of stuff has been completely worked out of our culture.

Also, does anyone know who the audience for this movie is? I can't tell if it's the brainwashed milleneals, today's teenagers, or 90's kids.

The cast is already racially diverse and they still felt the need to change the races.

That's because the original cast were supposed to be role models for kids. But kids and teenagers these days can't relate to characters unless they are complete human garbage.

When childhood Rape turns into a childhood abortion

Clever

I think japan is mocking us.

Seems like this is going to be a tough year for vidya all around.

toku*

I'm tired.

Speak for your fucking self.

As soon as I heard about them making this movie, I made a semi-joking comment that this movie could only be good if the final battle had the original power rangers theme playing over it. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Worse suit since type Technique and terrible premise/gimmick

Good

After ToQger and the one after I lost interest. I've heard it's pretty bad though. Is that incorrect?

It's pretty good, pretty red-centric though but the main red does get flesh out alot better than "King".

I'll give it a shot a little later today then. It's bringing me down only having Amazons to watch.

Ex-aid isn't pictured nigga, besides it's only had one episode hardly enough to make such a judgement.

The suit and gimmick are so horrible it could be great and I still doubt I'd watch it. There have been quite a few awful suits in toku, but none were so bad that I genuinely thought they were a joke the first time I saw them.

No one ever gave a shit about 'role models' though. They just come across as a bunch of goddamn teacher's pets, while Bulk and Skull are more like kids we knew.

I thought Jason and Tommy were awesome back in the day and it wouldn't be a stretch to say that they became my role models. I was /fit/ as fuck and always did the right thing even when it wasn't the popular thing… of course, the awesome power suits and being the leaders helped.

Why does this have to be about the 2017 movie? Can we have a general Power Rangers thread?

IT'S SHITPOSTIN' TIME

I'll one up that face.

He's not involved. Though found his comment on the movie funny.

I don't hate Max, he's like on the cusp of being self-aware and not being a total far left idiot but then decides to turn and dive back into that cesspool with everybody else

What a salty FAG

He's not wrong though.

I have to disagree. There was (and still is) too much time taken up by humans. The Transformers were just grey humanoids with car pieces slapped on them and rarely even had bright, identifying colors until the 4th movie. It's basically the exact same case as what we're looking at here. I think the best you can hope for is that they don't try to work in painful attempts at slapstick comedy.

wtf? I thought the cartoon got canned. How did they scrounge this up?

Max Steel is still going up.
It has always been bad but at least it was entertaining before.
Elementor's probably the last "good" thing that ever happened to that franchise.

i certainly bloody hope he never becomes 'self aware'

his dad literally got away with murdering children. it would be a fucking disaster if this kid started to realise who he is and what he is capable of

instead he's just writing terrible movies and making the occasional youtube video about comic books.

But it's just some kind of Guyver knockoff now. I could forgive it if was some kind of fan-driven homage, but it seems really soulless, from what of I've seen.

I swear to god, the only way we could ever get what we want is if that Monster Trucks movie is a huge hit, proving that silly fun is profitable.

Are you suggesting that his Landis blood could boil over someday, unlocking the true killer within?

JAMMA RAMMA
JAMMA RAMMA

J A M M A R A M M A

Green ranger spin off & a power rangers cinematic universe confirm planned confirm

There a monster truck movie?

Yes, and it already lost money:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/studio-lets-four-year-old-write-blockbuster-makes-115-million-loss-a7330116.html

Fuck it, I'm going to see it just to screw with all the hollywood investor types who don't know what the fuck people want to watch anyway. It looks more interesting than a lot of other stuff they try to push on us.

Pics for proof, faggot.
WITH timestamp.

The movie hasn't even come out yet what the fuck does that even mean lmao

I get that Marvel makes a ton of shekels from the MCU, but why does everyone have to do a movie 'universe'? Just make one really good one and do a new PR show that's actually good.

They do have a new PR show. It's called Power Rangers Dino -Charge. Here's the intro.

Hollywood is terrified of things that are unfamiliar to them and of taking risks in general. Copying Marvel is a huge risk and yet the only viable option to them.

The only other company that it makes sense to do a cinematic universe is DC. Sadly their movies suck.

How is it?

I really wish DC's movies were good, but at least their cartoons are decent, or at least watchable.

I dunno haven't seen it. I thought the intro song was pretty good though.

Opening song does seem good, though I'm confused at there being a purple ranger.

Anyone has predictions About the movie and future power rangers spin offs?

isn't that by the same artist as the Hellcat comics?

Fuck. I still remember when they actually watched the tv series of their japanese counter parts.

and who could forget where the main villain fought the main villain from the last season.

For my nostalgia fix. Yeah

Dino Charge/Kyoryuger had like 12 rangers.

Dino Charge is a massive improvement over Megaforce and Samurai. It still has some of the old Saban Brands shittiness, but it's definitely a decent to good show for Power Rangers standards. All thanks to one man.

I'm sorry, are you upset because they're about to ruin the integrity of Power Rangers?
Of fuckin' Power Rangers?
It's a bullshit franchise for tiny children, what do you care?

Yes, super powers. So what? How is this stupid now?
Seriously guys, take a step back and realise just how much none of this matters at all.

Better question would be will we ever see a lighthearted power rangers movie ever again? Will we see a dark & gritty reboot of Big bad Beatlesborgs? Will the Beatleborgs be turned into a methaphor for child soldiers?

Kyoryuger had 10 colors at maximum though movie exclusives like Deathryuger and Kyoryunavy technically bring it up to 12 despite being the same color and dinosaur. The 10 was a nod to the first dinosaur sentai Zyuranger where people thought it would have 10 rangers when they first announced it.

They'll adapt Kamen Rider, but remove his sense of heroism and justice when turning him into an American cyborg

They tried that once. Sucked so hard they purged it from existence.

?

I know of those, I was meaning they would do it again as a movie. At least Amazons is just getting subtitles

Huh, didn't know about that one. Fucking Saban.

What? You can watch Amazons with subtitles like right now, dude.

I meant official. I've already seen it but since it's getting official subtitles like Zyuranger-Ohrangers have gotten.

Unless it's getting a dvd boxset in America then I don't care too much that it's getting official subtitles.

I remember one episode was all about the black guy agonizing over his 2003 PC being broken.

"M-muh computer… my games, my movies… my life…."

That moment made me scared of ever breaking my tech shit.

What always gets me sad about the actors in these shows is that they probably will never act again.

I hope they have fun in this one role tho.

I always wondered what happened to the green haired dude from Time Force.

I just checked Imdb. Looks like he made a movie about a gay guy going Elliot Rodgers on his family.

Never acted again.

Or shrug it up, assholes

Ultraman Orb and EVAzilla are also great from what I've heard; for some reason the HS crew isn't doing Orb even though it's on fucking Crunchyroll, Thunderbolt Fantasy, if it counts, was also fantastic and it's got a sequel confirmed.

At least Dino Charge Blue will probably show up again and if not he can just go and cameo in Sentai again

Is there still no torrent up for the new Godzilla? Man, what is it with Japanese movies being so well guarded and taking so long to release. Hell, the 2003 Astroboy movie is still lost to the wind.

Wait why would they not get more work later?

It just got released in American theaters so maybe there'll be some recordings online soon enough.

They're shit actors, when you see it in the actors of SPD then you get depressed.

well one of the PR actors went onto Daredevil and played that Russian mob boss in season 1.

The original Kimberly has gotten some work every now and then. Also Red ranger from RPM does quite a lot and is in Jessica Jones. Also the green ranger from RPM was in this. The saddest for me is Skull who is classically trained.

Adelaide Kane is the lead in the CW show Reign and she was in Power Rangers.

The problem is most of the actors that get cast in PR are kind of shit. They're mainly casting for "pretty teenager" types that can do limited stunt work.

I just looked and Rose McIver, who is the lead in iZombie was also in the same PR series as Adelaide Kane.

Ehhh it's more looking for specific stunts for characters in the early days than actual actors for a bit and now it's mostly New Zealand models pretty much. The problem is more Power Rangers is not all that well written or directed enough for actors to showcase their talents and probably wouldn't look all that great on a resume.

Disney actually made a decent job with is series if you ask me.
Also, which man?

I think he's talking about Judd Lynn. He's generally viewed as responsible for most of the better seasons of the series and was brought back to be executive producer for Dino Charge

Mystic Force was decent enough, OK no, but the style was fucking awesome I wish it has gotten a better script.
Overdrive was utter shit though.
I didn't knew that was Disney's.
Still better than nu-saban though., especially Megaforce, what the fuck is that super hurried Fairly odd parents dialogue and directing style? I hate that so much, ruins every delivery and destroys all the ambience, a think Disney's series really nailed.

They can't be serious.

Why is this even happening?

well the art looks nice.

Jesus its bad either way.

Why does theses what if"s sound so believable?

I don't know why people are getting so bent out of shape over this. Batman vs TMNT was alright, so best case scenario this'll be decent. Still I've got some autism about that cover I need to spill
How did they not realize that made more sense?

Not bad. The Blue Ranger is pretty funny, being a literal cave man, but the Pink ranger is so obnoxious that I just want to string her up from the nearest lamp post.

EVERY TIME

Why can't Americans just make their own Super Sentai? Don't they have miniature cardboard cities in Hollywood?

I think this movie is proof on why we shouldn't try to make our own sentai. We can't make actual fun on our own. Hollywood skypes want everything dark and edgy with tacticool designs. While the mindless masses want to push whatever agenda of the month that they can think of into anything and everything. It would not work out well.

We did, most don't last though.

I just got finished watching it and I can confirm that it is really good. It took the series back to its roots while adding something new showing off the political side of the whole thing though they were a little to nice on their depictions of the USA, Germany, and the other countries.. My only real gripe with it was that the last encounter with Godzilla felt a tad rushed and the conclusion of that fight was jarring and unnatural, but the ending to the film was decent and got me and my friends talking. The best thing in the movie is how scary they made Godzilla though. He's fucking terrifying at times, and disturbing at others.

8.5/10 in my book. Definitely worth seeing in theaters while it's still there.

Looks more entertaining than PR17. Not by much, but still.

I wouldn't really count Batman and Robin as sentai or toku. Besides Saban really did try to make their own…

wait do you mean the new one by anno?

Blue rangers also a huge toku fan. He got to cameo in Ninninger and then his brother was cast as the next blue ranger and surprised him at the power morphicon announcement.

Man that actually sounds fun, too bad it looks awful on every level.

It was more like ireland or some shit. They really tried to copy sentai. Even had a sixth ranger but it last like one season.

yeh, just saw it. They are doing a limited special showing of it at certain theaters.

Should've gone more Wizard or Magiranger instead of 90's Mortal Kombat. You don't have the character's face exposed in any way.

I read about that. It was super heartwarming.

Dawww

Neither of those shows were around for reference though. Mystic Knights aired during th late 90s.

I know that. I'm just saying they could've and should've done something more like that instead.

this

?

that original godzilla them is giving me a nostalgia boner.

theme

This is a crime that needs to be rectified. Just watch these two on a panel. It's brilliant.

Was it actually good?

Nah, magiranger is bogus.

Sci-ranger despite having shit iterations is great.
Although I must admit it has the biggest stinkers though.
All nu-saban is shit so it doesn't really matter.

Even "Lightspeed rescue" is shit when magic comes into play but is great when it stays in SciFi.

This is shit going to get a GrimDark reboot for the power rangers cinematic universe isn't it?

Was In Space or Lost Galaxy the one where the Pink Ranger died and got replaced by one of the villains? Whichever one it was, that one was good stuff.

No, not really

I honestly doubt we'll get any saban show other than MMPR included because that was the only one that was a hit. So no Masked Rider, no Beetleborgs, no VR Troopers, and certainly no Mystic Knights. When they say cinematic universe I think they mean the fact that it's legendary pictures so they can merge it with Pacific Rim, Godzilla, and King Kong.

God I hope not. Del Toro went full cuck with Pacific Rim 2. Godzilla and King Kong shouldn't be merged with either of that shit.

I suppose there's always hope in it getting cancelled. If not it'll be pretty easy to separate it from being canon considering it has a different director/writer, current year actors, and I imagine a very current year script.

I really fucking hope it gets canned again. Pacific Rim was sweet as hell. Going full PC bullshit with a sequel that probably trivializes everything from the first movie is an insult to mankind itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if they killed off the "boring" white guy and had Mako get with BoyOOGA to fulfill their cuck fantasy.

but as I said, here's to us hoping the whole thing gets canned and we never hear about Pacific Rim again. Especially considering the director has gone on record saying he's more interested in telling the characters stories than focusing on the giant battles.

This world upsets me greatly.

Actually VR Troopers was a hit in the U.K. They even gotten a Sega VR Troopers game.

huh, looks like a faster Mortal Kombat.

It's not that bad of game actually. Believe it or not

How so? Last I heard he isn't involved.

I had previously believed he was.

I believe he is producing it so all the creative decisions have to go through him. Funny thing is, the interviews so far have gotten a very negative response, and the casting doesn't have the support they would hope coming from a Star Wars lead and some underage looking white girl to share his mind.

A big thing I know why is people believe that making Boyega Stacker's son.

Also the thing about producers is entirely based on how the producer views their role. Some are just there to fund it and will put minimal input, don't know which type Del Toro would be but since they have new writers I doubt he's putting in much.

OH BOY A SENTAI THREAD!
CAN I JOIN IN?

BIIIIIIIIIIIIG

Get outta here, Jay Leno!

MUH-TALEX

IIRC that's the point. It was satirically making fun of grimderp reboots of children's stuff and playing it as straight as possible to further the joke. You're supposed to think it's retarded.

user, those days are long gone.

If it doesn't have the original Bulk & Skull theme shoehorned in somewhere, every copy of this movie should be burnt to smithereens.

they actually did this?

WTF FUCK Is wrong with her neck?

Missed opportunity.

Surprisingly people actually like the trailer

Didn't angry joe gotten massively downvoted over calling the trailer shit?

comicbook.com/2016/10/18/power-rangers-set-photos-hint-at-death/

thewrap.com/bryan-cranston-compares-power-rangers-movie-to-dark-knight/

avclub.com/article/elizabeth-banks-modern-and-edgy-rita-repulsa-power-235548

It's just a choker. If you google her name or go on her twitter or something her neck is just fine. She's just got a really stupid choker necklace that makes her look like she got strangled or has scars from an emergency tracheotomy.

Are chokers even medically safe to use?

I can't tell if you're fucking around or if you don't have a clue what a choker is.
Pic related is her wearing a more obvious choker.

So it's a edgy slut thing?

Circa 2005 it was. It's making a little comeback after being popular as a cutesy thing in the 90s.

How soon until leg warmers returns?

I remember chokers being older than the 90's.

The Technocrat had one in Niteside & The Rock, which was very 80's. It was a plot point because Niteside had given it to her. Years later when Niteside had gone mad from decades of drug abuse, and literally gone to hell and fucked the devil for enough power to destroy the world, Technocrat tried stopping her with a city-sized mech, but Niteside just choked her to death by remote control with the choker, which was made of ectoplastique, the stuff her venom-symbiote-like costume was made of.

Well, apart from a diaboli ex machina, it was a cute fashion statement.