Star Wars Rebels S3 Thread

Anyone got a link to the newest episode: "The Antilles Extraction"?

It can't possibly be worse than the last season.

I thought the 2nd season was alright, much better than the 1st season.

I also liked season 2. When the show does Jedi mystic shit, that's when it really shines. I'll love to see the episode when a link turns up.

As usual it will save the only good shit for the season finale.
Enjoy your filler, and no thrawn until then.

I know where to read all the free comics, but I never bothered to find out where you guys watch cartoons. Any suggestions?

Toonnova

kisscartoon

Thanks!

So I just watched last week's episode. Did Maul just leave to confront Obi-Wan, who will brutally murder the fuck out of him for good this time?

Have you guys heard Dave Filoni dropped out as supervising director to become the rock of Lucasfilm Animation? Does that sound good or bad?

PROBABLY

Depends is he in charge of the new canon?

That's probably still the Story Group

New episode just showed up on toonova. I'm watching it now.

New episode was good, a lot more lesbian tension than usual.

You mean between the governor and Sabine?

Yes. The voice actor for the Governor has always sounded like pure sex to me as well, so that helped a lot.

I'm still waiting for them to get the X-Wings. I figure that will be one of the biggest parts of getting the Rebellion off the ground.

I never thought she was that sexy but I can see the appeal.

I'm hoping Thrawn would attack in bits rather than just in the finale.

"I recognized your foul stinch as I was brought on board!"

I just realized, is Rebels the ONLY thing Weisman has done that was allowed to have a 3rd season?

And, since there are comics and shit set after Jedi, and Thrawn hasn't shown up to wreck everyone's shit in those, he's gotta die in Rebels, right? He seems too big a figure to have around afterwards, though I guess they could bring him in later and say he was "bidding his time".

He did still leave after S1, right?

Yeah, I think he only worked on the one season and did some comics.

They still can roll with the "he was banished by promoted to rot in the outer rim" story…

IT ACTUALLY LOOKS GOOD IT TOOK 2 SEASONS

Whens my boy Cody showing up?

Nice to see they can rough eachother up a bit. I assumed most modern cartoons frowned on any real displays of fisticuffs.

the last episode was a trucking travesty. they should have just kept little miss tumblr in the background where her being an enormous Mary Sue couldn't hurt anything
, but no. they gave her her OWN FUCKING EPISODE.

and guess what. it was fucking boring.
at least they showed her getting hit in that regard, but by all rights she should have had her ass handed to her. had she been fighting a man she would have probably managed to castrate him and check his privlij all in one punch.
they could have done so much more, like having her get her ass handed in a relly climactic way, have her endure some torture where she refuses to give up any information and does some actual growth, have Ezra come in and free her with a whole thing where it finally gets out he wants to give her the dick and they escape together with the defectors and we get some actual character development instead of an entire episode of

that episode was a travesty that could only happen in today's cucked western cartoon market.

Stop the presses!

You said it yourself, she's been a background player in a lot of episodes. And she did get saved by Kallus

Mister Mutton chops isant muh imperial waifu but hes the next defector isant he?

I forgot about my nigga callus. Callus is cool I want more Callusodes.

ooh, an entire episode devoted to Agent Callus aboard whatever bumblefuck ship he's on when he finally decides to defect. Then proceed to have nothign but Callus and Zeb bro time

I seriously wish the movies did this scene.

Almost every piece of lore which is not alot on Cody was how he and Obi Wan were apparently super good friends

If he shows up it will probably how Rex dies

See, normally I would agree with you, but she didn't really come off as a Mary Sue in this episode. She wasn't the best pilot of the crew by any stretch of the imagination, and all her plans got fucked hard. Her first plan got a guy killed. The time they all escaped she was basically useless after she unlocked Wedge and Hobby's cells. Callus, Ezra and Wedge were the ones that actually got them out of there (and Zeb by association).
Also

Callus' muttonchops always weirded me out. That and it never felt like his voice matched those mutton chops.

Do you think he muttonchops because he feels inadequate? Like he wakes up everyday and says "I didn't EARN these chops…"

Perhaps, maybe to make himself feel manlier. I never got why they designed him with it. It makes him look like a werewolf. I think his characater would work better with a deeper voice to go with those muttonchops.

Mandalorian what's her face isn't a mary sue. She just has that STUPID attitude.

When infiltrating an enemy base-DON'T ROCK THE BOAT!

She wasn't hyper competent. Really unexceptional and dull is more like this episode.

It really irritates me that they got rid of all the sharp angles from The Clone Wars' visual style. Everything in Rebels looks like it's made of play-doh.

They got rid of most of the budget as well. Like I just…Don't get Disney. HOW. How do they do that? How does a bigger company with a very important IP to them give less Money to Rebels?

They'd rather put more money in the movies than a children's cartoon. The Clone Wars was made when Lucasfilm didn't have much else in active production. Discarding all that though, George in general seemed pretty lax when it came to throwing money at this stuff, if the Detours fiasco was anything to go by.

I'd rather they put less money in the movies so they could actually experiment and do something new. Even accounting for inflation the movie is thrice as expensive as the last ones, and those had to pretty much invent most of the tech they used (As bad as it looks in hindsight).

The costs of the Cartoon are microcosmic in comparison to the film, and Disney does more than 1 film at a time.

Like I think Disney is just pure evil. Like I know cynical calculated money grabs….But this one is one for the ages…Just…Fuck.

Early Clone Wars looks better than Rebels sometimes

They probably thought they could get away with cutting the budget because it's a Star Wars show and it'd make money no matter how decent it was.

More importantly Rebels cash problems don't just mean the show can't look good. In just a regular old animated show that would be the end of it.

In a CGI show it severely limits their creative potential. Notice how much more action takes place on "Grey Space Station #756"?

Just we see very few planets and the ones we do see we will see MULTIPLE times, even when it doesn't make any sense.

As I understand it, Lucas was spending his own money on Clone Wars. He's either not doing the same for Rebels, or Disney isn't allowing him to do the same.

GL has even less less to do with this than he ever had with TFA, which to say basically none.

Jesus. Who would have thought that somebody could something worse then George Lucas?

Like I guess with age I learned that even a shitty passionate director is SO much better than a perfectly planned cynical calculated but unbelievably unimaginative Megacorp.

This is what its like to live in Shadowrun.. Sigh. And we didn't even get dragons and elves to make up for it.

Well, once Elon Musk finishes his rocket technology we can set up our own colony on the moon and be free from this society. Or when Elon Musk finishes his battery technology we can power our stuff with solar energy and live off the grid free from this society.

I'm honestly surprised with what they got away on CW considering Lucas was funding it. In general he fucked with it a lot less than he did other stuff.

Season finale confirmed for this week, then.

He made them redo pretty much the entire episode for Landing At Point Rain, as I recall. Though, apparently the original version was pretty mediocre.

at least we got this going for us.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's voice is pure sex. AKA Motoko Kusanagi
The woman herself is a solid MILF tipe as well!

Now why can't they do this shit more often?

One little gem among the pile of shit. I wonder if the new book fucks up his character like the rest of the fucking setting.

Damn she was the Major

Considering that it's probably one of the best episodes I'd take that as a good thing. Maybe he's not so much of a complete hack after all.