Can cyborgs be real?

Scientists of Holla Forums, get in here

Can I realistically slowly turn myself into a Cyborg?

Can we build a fighting robot that fights like a human?

Explain

Other urls found in this thread:

wish.com/c/58a6b6db45b6fc594674f79d?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=pla4&_display_country_code=US&gclid=CJ-c_a_wgdMCFYuifgodhy4N3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Like MegaMan?

THE FIGHTING ROBOT!

Someone alive today will live to see us reach singularity. Someone alive today will live to become immortal.

Screencap this.

No.
/thread

I know a chemist in real life who is working on immortality (his name is literally Goldberg) he says in 5 years we will be able to slow down Mitosis

screencap this

Why do we need a record of your autism?

I want a female cyborg with a large uncut cock. I would totally buy one

I want to fuck her
;-;

Most likely yes. The technology for cybernetic enhancement is already there.

Her spine doesn't look like it's doing okay.

vicefuck for the win

pretty sure the dude that made her had the idea for fucking in mind, so he would have given her a real feeling cunt

If you are crazy enough and can afford it you can cut away your limbs and replace them for prosthetic ones. The standard leg replacement for running (pic related) is already more efficient than regular legs. In the arm replacement tho you will most likely end up looking closer to Todd Nickerson than Edward Elric
You can also install an RFID chip in your hand.
Yes. Just make a human shaped robot and program it to fight.There are alread ypeople working on it, but just making the robot stand on his won is already a challenge because of balance.

If you have a lot of money, sure.

I think its sweet that Krillin got best girl. She also the best fighter in Budokai. That stun attack of hers when she shouts is overpowered as fuck.

No, someday you will be required to talk to girls.

sorry, but are you even a scientist?

only way to find out is to eat some molten led and slowly turn into a borg

I want to fuck that android

I second that emotion

Faggot

good one user

Technically, cyborgs already exist. A pirate with a hook for a hand is technically a cyborg.

How stupid are you? A rusty hook isn't /cyber/

It fits the definition: a fictional or hypothetical person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body.

A hookhand is beyond - or at the very least outside - normal human limitations. You can't stab someone in the face with a regular hand.

Yeah in the wrong direction. Can't even grab shit.

He still has his other hand.

Okay then what about those running blades that double-amputee sprinters use? Those supposedly make people run faster than they could before.

can you jerk off with a hook?

this would consist of a painstaking process of grafting each motor nerve to a wire that would then send a signal to some kind of actuator which results in the desired movement whenever the proper stimulus is applied to said wire hooked up to the input of a microcontroller. It's theoretically possible but this would need to be repeated for every modification added. I would not recommend.
This is much simpler. The main problem is power consumption and proper tuning. Look into PID loops to learn how the tuning works. Also, the software would be a bitch to write as there are many variables to account for in a fight and you would need to define, in precise terms based on the information the processor receives, what shit like an "incoming punch" is.

remove hook from arm, attach fleshlight to arm

I know for a fact I have seen a gif back in my halfchan days of someone accomplishing this. I have failed to find it so far though. Still looking.

sounds simple if we get a large team of professionals on it

It will be even stronger than any human. Able to block all incoming punches at mach 10 speed

It would be great at low kicks, side swiping kicks

prototypes probably won't be. To start out with proof of concept, I'd recommend using DC servo motors as they are cheap and easy to work with (they have built in functionality to monitor the current angular position of the rotor). These generally have a stall torque of only about 5LBS

But if you wanna go with pneumatic (air powered) pistons as your actuators, they are generally rated for 100PSI. Multiply that by the volume of the cylinder and apply leverage calculations and that's pretty fucking strong. Or you can go the hydraulic (liquid power) route which is generally in the range of 3000PSI and your robot will be able to crush a man's skull with its grip strength alone. But then you have to factor in the strength of the materials you're making to robot out of and whatnot because the possibility that your system will blow a gasket becomes a real concern.

It needs to be human proportions, so that it looks like a cute girl, so maybe I can focus all on having her do bullet speed punches

If you're looking for speed and a small size, definitely go the electrical route as fluid power tends to be slow and requires a storage tank for your liquid or air to run the system. Electrical actuators are generally more energy efficient too so you will need a smaller power supply to have a reasonable operating time.

Again, DC servo motors would be best for prototyping because cheap (like 2 for $10 for a tiny model to use on a scaled down model) and easy to work with. They're generally weak as fuck though, as I mentioned. For a finished model, I'd still recommend a DC motor (they have highest torque at 0 speed meaning upon impact they will be at their strongest) but go with a big ass one and use an optical encoder for position tracking.

Another route you could go is to attach AC asynchronous motors to worm driven linear actuators. These can act like pistons and you can hide the bulky motor where the muscle would be. AC asynchronous motors have high torque at high speed so they are basically unstoppable when they start moving, but they take a few revolutions to get up to top speed and I doubt you want your robot waifu's arm to spin around a few times before making contact with the target. The worm drive mitigates this issue by not only allowing the motor to spin many, many times before the "piston" fully extends, but also increases the torque and making it that much stronger. This will come at the cost of speed though. But another benefit is that, while the motor spinning can change the position of the shaft, you CANNOT move the shaft to change the position of the motor without damaging the worm drive. The limb will ONLY move if the robot wants it to move or if someone manages to break it.

Are you sure you don't just wanna fuck a robot girl?

cool, what kind of programming should I learn for robot building? CFD? and any idea how to make her also have jthe ability to fly and maybe shoot lasers out of her hands? would the arms be able to protect the laser?

Im not a sexual person. She would be a girl because it would just look better to have a queen for political reasons

Pretty much anything works. Depends on your micro-controller. Fuck, you can get a picaxe that you can program in BASIC if you want. The usual language is C or some variant but you can go with Python or even Java if you get yourself a raspberry pi. you would need to get transistors and/or relays to go on top of that because most uC's work in a 5V environment and this is certainly NOT a 5V application.
PLC's are much more expensive but they're generally easier to program and they work in a 25V environment meaning it will be easier to control the 120-someodd Volts you're gonna need to power these bulky actuators.

Lol nope. This bitch is gonna be heavy as is, meaning you're gonna need one hell of a propeller or you're gonna need a fuel tank and jets to get her off the ground which would defeat the whole "human dimensions" angle. And laser weapons are barely in reach of modern militaries and they're bulky as fuck and consume a lot of power. Maybe tazer fingers though, or a good old fashioned gun mounted in the wrists or maybe tit guns like Dr. Evils fembots.

Here my idea

To keep it balanced, Shooting down a stake at bulllet speed into the ground. As you can see, the compartment would come from inside the leg

would there be a better way to keep her standing like a human?

Define "better." What would certainly be effective, but if your idea of "better" is "not having to shoot a stake into the ground" then PID loops are the way to go.

Just to give you an idea, THIS is what a sufficiently well tuned set of PID loops can do for you:

I'm real, aren't I?

Dude, that looks fucking cartoonish, lets be honest.
I want it to look like pic preferably. With actual legs

Also: Are these things loud?
Also: can they withstand an explosion?

a PID loop isn't an actual object per se. they're simply a means of getting a system to be in a desired place. It's more or less a piece of programming (though they can also be done with op amps and other hardware). Here's a more conventional example that I was shown when I was first taught how to use PID loops.

This is also how quad copters are stabilized and guided missiles often work. They can be applied to basically anything.

depends solely on thehardware you use

Oh shit, thanks. That's exactly what i was looking for earlier.

you're welcome user, have this as well

That looks loud and expensive

theoretically, would it be possible to add a feature where if in extreme danger, she could blow her head off and with a rocket on the neck, boost herself to outerspace (not nessisarily orbit)?

it would be an escape mechnism

The loudness is coming from the gearboxes in the servos. The PID loop is programmed into an arduino, not sure what model at first glance but i would expect it to be around $20 for the module he's using. I remember seeing one model being shilled by AvE [great youtube channel btw] that was only like $2 though. It had 6 I/O pins meaning you can connect 6 devices to it (either sensors or actuators) and you can dedicate one of those pins to PWMout so as to communicate to another one with a pin dedicated as PWMin so you effectively have as many I/O pins as you wish to buy.
From there, the cost is all in the components you want, which will be expensive as fuck.
wish.com/c/58a6b6db45b6fc594674f79d?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=pla4&_display_country_code=US&gclid=CJ-c_a_wgdMCFYuifgodhy4N3g

You'll probably also want an actual processor for the AI and video processing though.

Well I guess, you'd lose all the components in the body though and that's where the money pit is.

A lot of this post was written under the presumption that I wouldn't be able to find the model I was talking about. I ended up finding it so my bad I guess.

I'm fully aware OP's basically an autist who won't come close to actually building this shit. But I like the mental masturbation that comes along with designing shit that realistically won't get built.

And for shit's and giggles, I'll go over just how cool this little $2 device is:

You can have the thing plugged into your USB to act as its power source, or you can have up to 35V directly into it to power the devices.
The uC needs a 5V environment. if you plug in 35V the 5V regulator ensures the uC only gets that 5V.
you can dedicate 2 pins to actively communicate via USB so you can control the other 4 devices with your computer.
I2C and SPI (vis USI)
Pulse Width Modulation on 3 pins, allows communication with external devices or can simply be used to very the speed on a motor and whatnot.
Analog to Digital Conversion compatibility on 4 pins. allows you to communicate with sensors that have varying levels of output other than "on/off" like light dependent resistors and shit.

These things are fucking cool for their price if you're an electronics fag. Kinda shit compared to a lot of other uC's but it's 2 fucking dollars including shipping.

Now, Ive already self taught myself calculus in 3 months, explain all the subjects I need to know to build this thing

I don't get it

ok, I'll put quotes around specific terms to look up.
Well first you're going to need to learn about electrical sensors and actuators. The main sensors you're probably going to need are "optical encoders" to monitor the position of the robot's limbs and "capacitative sensors" so your robot can sense when/where its skin is being touched. You may be able to replace the optical encoders with "potentiometers" which are less reliable but much cheaper and consume less energy. As far as actuators go, you're mostly going to want "AC motors" and "DC motors" which is a HUGE topic and there are many different kinds of both of these motors. For applications requiring little strength but a lot of maneuverability (like the neck or eyes) you're going to either want "servo motors" (either AC or DC) or "stepper motors." All of these motors should have a "protection diode" wired in parallel because when an "inductor's" magnetic field collapses (ie, when it turns off) it generates a "counter EMF" that could potentially send a surge of electricity through the machine and destroy components. That would be bad. You're then going to want to look into "gear assemblies" to transfer the rotation of your motors into the kind of motion you want. This should be researched at the same time as "gear ratios" and "torque" to help decide which gear assembly you want in which place.

To control your actuators and receive information from your sensors, look into "micro controllers." As I mentioned before, you will need a lot more power to run your actuators than you want running through your uC. To fik this problem, use the outputs of your uC to drive "bipolar junction transistors" and use those transistors either to drive your actuators directly or (and you will probably need to do this in many cases) drive another BJT or a "relay" that then drives the actuators. This is because the "gain" of most BJT's is insufficient to have 5V drive high powered machinery. You will also need your uC's to be able to communicate with other uC's and your CPU. For that I'd recommend either "Pulse Width Modulation" or "4 to 20 milliamp signaling." "Analog to digital conversion" is another important concept that you most certainly will need.

That's the gist of it hardware wise, I'm certain I'm missing more than a couple things though. Software beyond "PID loops" isn't my realm of expertise (I can't emphasize enough how important PID loop control is) but look into "video processing" and "neural network artificial intelligence." And these are both huge topics that I myself can't delve too much into.

Just wait for the nanotechnology to acheive metal gear solid level.

The chinks are preparing for it for more than 10.000 years.

excellent , thank you mr. Scientist

What should a team be comprised of to make this?

currently I can use my slave friends, 1 is electronic engineer, the other is a machinist. assuming I am the manager, what else positions should be filled?

Thats exactly why Im doing this

we need to build the super weapons before they do

Software engineer, mechanical engineer.