“Logan” takes place in the year 2024. The film is dark. Darker than any other other “Wolverine” or “X-Men” movie

X-23 is gonna be a thing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQglZNzWBxw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_frog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You know, the reason Old Man Logan was so respected was because the story was pretty good. Why not do it a proper adaptation?

Seems cool.
X-23 is cool too as long as she isn't quipy little shit #235234

I thought it was because a lot of Old Man Logan has a shit load of crossovers with the stuff Fox doesn't own.

That revolved around the whole Marvel Universe getting fucked. They can't do that with just the X-men universe where fucking Apocalypse has already been destroyed. There's no big world ending villains left to use.

This could be cool but the X-men movies have always been trash. I don't have any real hopes for this one being the saving grace. Just give us Deadpool 2 and bury this shit.

Aren't her fingers a tad too long?

I noticed that too

Makes no sense.
Wolverine is supposed to be practically immortal.

It's going to be crap. I've saved you $10.00.

His mutant powers are going out of whack so that might have to do with his aging

Also, for most of his history, he didn't have a fuckton of metal grafted to his skeleton. There's probably long term effects from that, healing factor or not. Hell, in Bloodlust it was established that Logan never evolved to be a Neanderthal shaman Zen master because his body is trying to reject the metal. Once, when he lost his healing factor he became anaemic, because of the adamantium interfering with his bone marrow producing red blood cells. And when Magneto pulled all the metal out of him, he started devolving into a feral form. So maybe he just starts ageing slowly once the metal is implanted.

When you remove everything that fox doesn't the rights to, what are you left with?

I still want an explanation of how pouring liquid metal into his body at random spots turned his deformed bone-spikes into perfectly sharp murder knives

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQglZNzWBxw

Giant Celtic dyke supervillain Diamanda Hagen makes a pretty good point about DOFP…

You NEVER do a "proper adaptation" of something Millar wrote.

So it's not Old Man Logan at all, other than Logan being a bit older.

Exactly.

It was always shown in the comics as a procedure that (somehow) bonds the adamantium to each of his bones. Originally Logan's claws were described as weapons added during the Weapon X process; it was later that they were retconned as starting out as natural claws.

Daken will be the main villain
Calling it now!

I'm talking specifically about the first wolverine movie.
He had natural bone claws that were rough with an uneven surface, then they inject adamantium through tubes all over his body, and magically his claws are those perfectly sharp knives.
And yeah, I know that the answer is "Shitty writing, shitty movie", but I still feel the need to bitch about it every now and again

As for the comics, I still wish they at least once had the weapon X procedure be just a team of surgeons cutting Logan open and manually coating every bone, repeating the process over and over for hours, as he heals too fast to do it in one go

Why is it that suddenly they can't think of anything to do with Wolverine unless they take away his signature powers?

I forgot how shitty those cgi blades in origins was

This isn't Marvel. It's Fox. How do people still not understand this?

Well, what they should have don was have a blade cast put around his claws.

This has always been a nitpick for me. His bone claws make no fucking sense, because they'd only be good for stabbing, not slashing. Look how fucking dull and structurally unsound those things are!

You're telling me his true mutant power is the ability to extend 3 mostly useless spikes through his skin? Even though his body is naturally built to retract and extend those claws normally, even implied to have a different muscle and skeletal structure to accommodate them… And they're lumpy, ineffective bones that will likely snap and break and regrow constantly, meaning he can't even sharpen them himself.. Compare them to the real claws of an actual Wolverine. They may not be razorblades, but at least they look like claws.

His name should not be "Wolverine", his name should be "Hairy Frog".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_frog

Considering even casuals know this, I have to assume that user is retarded.

I know, it doesn't really make any sense.
Back when Magneto yanked the adamantium out of Wolverine and Wolvie popped his bone claws for the first time, I thought I read (or maybe I just imagined) that his body had formed bone claws because it had become used to some kind of claws being there.

How does fox still have the right to the franchise? You'd think they'd be worth a fortune by now and be unaffordable.

They keep the rights as long as they keep making movies. Like it or not these movies still make money. So they can still make more. The cycle will never end.

Wolverine's bone claws don't make sense for a number of reasons, but they're there because some writer came up with the idea of "Magneto taking the adamantium from Wolverine": it was to make him more vulnerable, but since you can't have Wolverine without claws since they are his most iconic asset, he gave him bone claws. Despite them being fucking stupid. They're there for the same reason Spidey got genetic web-shooters or Tony his extremis armor: they're so important to the character that it becomes unthinkable to see them as two separate things.

The movie did nothing, in that regard, that the comics didn't do first.

Given Logan's ridiculous healing ability, I wouldn't put it past the Weapon program to have performed very unorthodox surgery to insure the adamantium was properly cast and molded onto his bone claws to become the knives they are today.

He's a mutant

One of these days they're going to make a Wolverine movie so dark they won't even turn on the projector, it'll just be a radio play in a dark theater.

And it will be like passing a kidney stone through the ears.

Why would Fox ever give them up?

Seeing as the original had a segment of California being owned by the inbred hillbilly grandchildren of Hulk and She-Hulk, it's probably for the best that Fox can't do a faithful adaptation.

There's no way anyone could have pissed that out.

…Another Wolverine movie? ANOTHER WOLVERINE MOVIE? There like 5 movies already for the guy.

No one did. It's a stone taken from a dog's bladder.

It is Marvel-based and branded

burritos out of 10
got me to reply

Does it already look better than the "more adult" X-men spinoff for TV?

Because it seems like they're actually trying something new.