CAGE! #1 - Storytime

Story and art by Genndy Tartakovsky.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/search/how to draw comics the marvel way/0/99/0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that was pretty decent. specially cyclop's random appearance

Finally. A good Marvel comic for once

You had my attention with rollerskate bank robbers called the Bank Rollers.

More like "Finally. Marvel finally made a comic book for once."

I can't wait for the next issue.

I knew this will be good, but holy shit!
Fucking beyond the expectations!

I hope it remain this "incorrect" for the fun and giggles.

Did I just have fun reading a comic book?
That hasn't happened since earlier today when I read that Flintstones comic.
Good shit.

Gneat

The art is a bit sloppy in places, but it's overall pretty good.

JEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAN

Has marvel always being this shitlord ?

I'd forgotten what it felt like to have fun reading a comic. It's a good feeling.

It's inked by DeStefano. That's how his lines usually are.

Still, it's nice to see him do a comic, even if it's just inking. He's a good cartoonist in his own right, but I think the last mainstream comic he did was Plastic Man for Wednesday Comics, and that was never published.

He works in animation now.

Oh wow, an actually fun comic! I can't wait for some reviewer to explain why this comic is bad because of racism somehow in our current year!

IGN:

I'd love to see them try.

You can't celebrate a character by pretending their history never happened. Personally, since I never read old Power Man books, it's a treat to see he has such a colorful, odd cast of foes.

I'm always amazed how quick to be offended the media is, when it's very possible that black people LIKE the things IGN gets upset about. She's like if Kingpin was a big, sassy black mom character.

That was a lot of fun to read.

Dank shit.

I really like the action here, Genndy knows what the peak of each action shot, like he picked them from a sequence of actions in motion. Dynamic action is sorely missing.

Yeah, they explained that pretty well in How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way.
How many Marvel artists of today have even read that book?

My god…this is amazing. Am I the only one thinking that this is the closest thing we got to an Action Hank comic?

All of Genndy's cartoons show a deep understanding of flow. I would venture to say he's a master of pacing and movement.

No. I think the closest would've been in the Dexter's Lab #25, but I haven't read that issue.

Man, talking about this comic is really driving home how mainstream comics just strangled all of the real talent from their ranks.

damn this was a good story. I am impressed.

I love that bit.

Well, it's more like Jean went missing. This does took place in 77.

It's more that she's DEAD. Which is a bit odd, in that X-Men 137 actually was published in 1980.

I do love the idea that Scott was wandering around, going to Jean's old apartment she shared with Misty Knight, and just optic blasting anyone who told him something he didn't want to hear. Do you think he did it to other people? Other people who didn't have unbreakable skin? Did Wolverine and Nightcrawler bury his other victims?

Well, you know, it's not like it's the editor's job to know this or anything…

Eh, Cyclop's optic blasts aren't exactly the heat vision melty thing, it's more concussive.

Dang. Gotta get my hands on that book.

Yeah, but anyone who wasn't Luke would have felt that 10+ story drop a lot more.

Eitherway, I enjoy the gag. I mean, I don't even know much about Misty Knight other then that she has a robot arm now, and she used to share an apartment with Jean Grey. So, it's nice to see a call back to one of the few things I know about her.

I hate how PC we've gotten

if you don't demand paperback, here's a link:
thepiratebay.org/search/how to draw comics the marvel way/0/99/0

SHOKEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRR

Nice try. *cough*theNSAiswatchingyoufaggot*cough*.

Action Hank is back!

So when's the next issue?

if you're going to be paranoid at least know the function of the acronym organizations. Piracy falls under the FBI's purview

I know its just that Cyclops tends to whine a lot about Jean and other things so its nice to see him being made fun of.

I have no idea what I just read.
But I love it.

Vision, Gwenpool and Carnage have been pretty decent lately

Is the Daredevil comic good? I saw Razorfist recommending it and I wondered if you guys felt the same about it?

FBI owns TBP, retard. And by own, I mean they are allowed to have peeks at the server logs.

Anyways, here's a magnet from a better site:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:562756ae1a80005c9a9e57b19c4703aedac1d9af
As I typed that and copy pasted the file, the site had a hiccup and CloudFlare error came up. I was spooked.

Apparently it's alright. If you like Matt not being a defence lawyer and instead working prosecution, from a backstory perspective, it's fine. The costume is pretty neat; inverted colours.

thanks user I'll check out Daredevil.

When's the next issue?

Racist

I'm tired of this meme

Unfortunately, according to the thread about Marvel NOW crashing, Luke Cage is not doing so hot in the sales, possibly because people think the art is a racist caricature.

I want to punch whoever first decided that caricature was inherently racist.

we're tired of that meme being reality, so we're even

It's not really a person who decided it, though, it's more like a prevailing societal attitude. We have conditioned people to be hyper sensitive towards anything that exaggerates ethnic features, especially those of black people. I guess you would just go back to whoever first posited the necessity of white guilt.

I like to imagine the narration is by Tom Kenny.

I'm imagining Luke Cage being voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.

So, people don't want to be preached at every issue AND they don't want to worry that something might be racist. Everyone is rather middle of the road. I will probably pick up Luke Cage next time I go to the shop though.

I swear, somebody resurrected this book with a monkey's paw.

HO SHIT YES. THAT'S ACCURATE. Also, the X-Men are voiced by their original 90's cartoon voice actors, and the guy in the cell is voiced by Carl Jones, who voiced the Booty Warrior.

Spot on. And Mr. Chow as well.