IT trailer

IT trailer

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/stephenking/comments/627i9c/stephen_kings_it_2017_official_trailer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The trailer is way too bombastic, I'd prefer some subtlety in my horror.

Unfortunately subtlety in horror was lost years ago. Now it is a generation raised on 5 minute vids with a few cheap jumpscares tossed in. Honestly it looks like any other horror movie made in the last 20 years. It is shit, but look at the comments on that vid. It will be successful.

It follows had some decent suspension

The actual movie could be different from what the trailer suggests but I don't have much hope.

Also Blacked Tower will probably be awful too.

Stephen King needs to go back to TV movies.

will it include the sewer gangbang scene?

Who plays the clown, i lost interest after tagawa and poulter dropped out

Jared Leto

Bill Skarsgård some TV actor

Do you think it would've been better if Cary Fukunaga directed it instead and was given the NC-17 rating he wanted or would it not have made a difference?

Lucky dubs confirms it

It's okay, looks to follow the first half of the book pretty well, though like other have said, pennywise has lost all subtlety and is less scary for it.

Still, better than I expected.

Pennywise looks like a marketing committee's version of "scary clown".

Are they going to focus on just the childhood part? Because that would be actually a smart decision.

The original flick wasn't a masterpiece by any means but this is just terrible.

>>>/reddit/

At least it's in 16:9 this time.

From what I understand, the Losers Club will be kids in part 1 while they'll be full-grown adults in part 2

He's got the face for it.

Of course "It" isn't even really Pennywise.

Maybe if the movie had been made in Europe during the 70's.

Mama and the Lights Out short were pretty great.

I want to see loli Bev get BLACKED in the sewer

speaking of which, isn't this set in the pre-Civil Rights era?

how can they be friends with a black kid?

According to the movie's IMDb trivia page, part 1 takes place in 1989

oh, so they've moved it ahead. in the book the first part was in the 50s

They must have, yeah. I haven't read any of King's stuff nor have I seen the original It even though I torrented it months ago, but hopefully sometime soon.

it's not the same without tim curry tbh

It's impossible for me to take this shit seriously. Might be funnier than the original miniseries.

Honestly it could've been a lot worse. I'm pretty happy with his look. I was so afraid they were gonna go full movie-monster clown and give him ridiculous monster prosthetics but thankfully they were a bit more subtle. Not as subtle as the Tim Curry version, but it could be a lot worse like in pic related. Regular clown makeup is infinitely creepier than movie monster clowns IMHO. This version of pennywise falls somewhere in the middle.

Going to be utter shit.

You do realize that the Tim Curry version had the bulbous head too right?

When the clown face is made up to look "scary" it isn't as scary as a regular old clown face doing scary things. Why is this simple detail lost in modern horror?

Stephen King was my favourite horror writer as a teen, but I will never read a book of this fucking SJW.
I am done with him.

Not to the point where his face is one third the head he didn't.

You're full of shit user.

Part with the kid hitting his head seemed like it wanted to be played for laughs, they should have added some blood.

didn't expect much but damn..

Was it the Ring that started that fast walking trope?

If they would've just had IT run out of the water, then it would've been ten times spookier. His whole wibble-wobble ablooabloo autism just makes him laughable.

Hoping the trailer was just a dud, and the movie is somewhat good.

The guy sucks and has always sucked at writing horror.

This dude shits out entire novels in his sleep, by time you've read this sentence he'd have probably written another 1500 page horror about a writer going to a small town to confront his personal demons.

Yes and it's all garbage, most of stems from him being a bullied little kid and an alcoholic later on.

Misery was his only good story. Should've ended his life after that.

Yeah, he's a hack, we know. Look at how much J.D. Salinger wrote, and he's the most important writer of the last century.

Damn, nigga, you got a big dick and live in Southern California too, ey?

My post about him shitting out novels was supposed to be insulting but it didn't really come out that way, point is I agree with you and he has no talent

So we are not going to get the orgy scene in this one as well are we?

Did anyone notice the clown is now a woman?

I'm really looking forward to this. I get the feeling even if it's retarded it'll still be a lot of fun.

DO ANY OF YOU NEWFAGGOTS EVEN WEBM? I GUESS NOT

Plebs in Hollywood don't have the balls for that.

Agreed. "monstering up" clown makeup just doesn't work, it needs to be traditional for it to carry the weight of why clowns can be horrifying.

Came here to post this. You even got dubs.

I would imagine this could be the only thing to redeem that dyke gurl cast they went with.

If this isn't proof that he's a kike, then I don't know what is.

who's the qt on the bottom right? she's perfect

The cumdump that has a magic snatch.

i know fam, i already said she's perfect

I mean, IT is a clown…

Should be made into a banner. 300x100

AHAHAHAHA. HOLY SHIT THIS LOOKS AWFUL

go read this reddit thread, it's sad reddit.com/r/stephenking/comments/627i9c/stephen_kings_it_2017_official_trailer/

…Nuclear extinction when?

Sorry I made it too short.

Reddit takes cuckoldry to a whole new level. If it weren't for anti-racist cucks then I wouldn't even be racist. But because of them I want to lynch niggers, tbh.

10/10

Good, because I can certainly bet that this movie will devolve into the cliche horror film.

Tim Curry's Pennywise would shit talk a little right? I bet they won't do that in this version.

You should want to lynch niggers because they act like fucking niggers.

Not the same user, but it is true the new pennywise not only has a far bigger forehead, but also a very deformed skull. I guess they were aiming for the elephant man look, seeing how grotesquely wide it is.

On a side note the movie industry is terminally oversaturated with hack remakes of classic movies, with the same damn name no less, bastardizing the original off its own property.

I don't go to the cinema anymore, but unfortunately can't unbuy other people's tickets but I implore people to just pirate the damn things until the kikes at pedowood starve off and we hopefully start seeing a rennaisance in the film industry over their dying copyrighted rehash market.

While I kind of like some of the spooky imagery, I'm a little worried that this version will lack the charm and humor of the original. One of the things that made the original IT fun to watch was just how much of an actual clown Pennywise could be. With the original Pennywise played by Tim Curry, you get that John Wayne Gac feel from him. Here, this is just stereotypical scary movie clown.

Anyone who has read even a little bit of the original novel by King would know that the book very much reflective of King's own rather liberal social views. The book opens up with a gay bashing in Darry. King basically wrote the whole story where the typical negative attitudes associated with 1950's America: racism, greasers, homophobia, people pretending not to see things are very wrong, abusive overly conservative parenting (which leads one of the characters to become involved in abusive and controlling boyfriend), etc. are all seen as manifestations of IT or something in the soul of darry that attracts IT. If anything, many of the movies and miniseries of King's work, including IT, probably tone down his political views which leak through his writing.

Is Stephen King the definitive writer of cuck fiction?

They really botched that action figure's face.

I wouldn't go that far. He seems more like just an old school American liberal from the 60's/70's. He just often relies on a lot of the same tropes in his work which are popular because they tended to speak to a lot of Americans from the era in which he grew up. He's basically what you get when you mix Rod Serling's Unitarianism with HP Lovecraft's Cosmicism.

People shouldn't be surprised about "social justice" in the new IT that much because anyone who has read his work or watched a lot of stuff based on his work will know that there's a very 60's counter-cultural sensibility and American universalist ethos to his work already and he never passes up an opportunity to use the various "demons" of American culture such as alcoholism, extreme religion, racism or xenophobia as some kind of plot element. Heck, in Creepshow, the last story penned by King about the guy and the cockroaches was meant to be a metaphor for the guys fear or hatred of racial minorities and others he felt he was liberty to crush with his iron capitalist fists.

I heard he just freehands his writing without proper plotting beforehand. Makes his short stories decent, and his novels kind of goes all over the place.

Shut up drumpfsperg, youtube deserve all the money and clicks it can get, y'all just pathetic poorfag theft who couldn't afford apple products.

there's one off camera, but we don't get to see that one.

I look forward to the day Stephen King dies.

Because people do not read or even watch classic horror and suspense anymore. It is a cinematic echo chamber effect that makes most movies pretty much identical.

i like to think he stroked out during some angry shitposting session.

He could be their roadie.

I could see that. I think it's obvious that this movie isn't likely to have stephen king's touch. Anyone who has watched enough stephen king movies or miniseries or read enough of his work knows that the guy's messages are pretty straightfoward and that for all the horror in his stories, a lot of them have a certain sense of camaraderie and lightheartedness. That's part of the reason why King didn't like Kubrick's version of the Shining because Kubrick made the Shining a very cold, atmospheric, psychological thriller whereas King's story was more or less just a straightforward American ghost story where a man struggling with his drinking problem and sense of lifelong failure trying to be a good father is tormented by these spooks who just want his kid's psychic powers and at the end he gives his life to save his family. In IT, the whole story really is actually a pretty simple story about how a group of social outcasts triumph over a cosmic evil through the power of friendship and imagination.

One thing I gleaned from this trailer was the lack of sense of innocence i normally find appealing about King's stories.

I'd be surprised if the new pennywise was anything like Curry's.

yeah, the makeup is a dead giveaway that he's supposed to be scary Carn-Evil juggalo clown. The original pennywise, the whole point was that this great evil is hiding behind the soft innocence of a clown's face and character. You get this in how the little girl at the beginning who smiles when she sees him and how Georgie just thinks Pennywise is a friendly sewer clown and has his innocence taken advantage of. And this was fitting with how the whole idea was that Darry appears like a squeeky clean wholesome American suburb, but actually has many skeletons in its closet. I feel like the new Pennywise is just going to come across like BeGhoul from Sinister.

vid related I think perfectly shows how you can balance having a playful villain with a genuine sense of terror.

Agreed. When I was a child, I didn't have a fear of clowns, so Curry Pennywise would have torn my arm off. New pennywise I would've turned and run at first glance.

HOLA JORGE

I preferred that ending and it worked in the TV movie when he blew himself up with the hotel but it wouldn't have fit the hyper depressive feel of Kubrick's version. Kubrick elevated the material, King has always been schlocky but entertaining.

Rose Red is the best King adaptation no one has seen. It was never a novel, he wrote it straight as a script with the intention of it being directed by Steven Spielberg, when Spielberg passed on it they just made it a TV movie. Covers all the King tropes, evil ghosts, psychic girl etc. Basically similar to the Shining, probably better than this IT movie will turn out.

Rose Red was pretty damn solid, albeit a bit drawn out, despite it being a TV Miniseries.

tim curry's performance was a masterpiece

If Tim Curry reprised the role, it would be much better.

Right, not disputing that. I was just saying that this movie looks like it might lack the trademark Stephen King touch. King's stuff is always marked by a campy charm and overall very wholesome messages. There's also something in his stuff that just makes it ooze Americana.

Seeing as how cary fukanaga is a good director, yes.

That's a terrible idea now when the tv series,, the story really needs the jumping back and forth between the past and present as the full story unfolds.

There's an awful lot of trailers starting out with subdued piano. The BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM thing finally died, so now it's just a few le creepy key notes. Boring. And then the trailer immediately goes into "spoilering" one of if not THE best scenes from the source material to cash in on dat nastolgia. Laughed hard at the kid hitting his head tho, that was hilarious. The trailer kinda actually picks up a little bit there until the absolutely retarded line of "hurrr, the town's connected by sewers!!!!!" NO SHIT, REALLY? SEWERS MAPPED OUT TO ACCOMODATE A TOWN????? Who makes a comment like that? And then the projector starts acting up, and instead of knocking the fucking thing over or anything they all go full aspie so everyone gets to see a tranny. The whole trailer, too, it's like they keep trying to tease as to what the clown looks like, as though nobody's already seen pics online.

Still might watch it. Won't pay for it but I'll watch it.

That voice is scratching the inside of my brain.

Perfect Storm still carries a special place in my heart. Gotta hand it to King, keeps spinning shit until gold hits. Never gives up.

yeah I meant in his current state

A kid, you mongloid. Kids are notoriously retarded, and say retarded shit all the time.

With the sex scene from the book IT could work well as a loli hentai anime.

A lot of King's work has subtle pedo vibes.

life has a subtle pedo vibe

Why is It such a manlet? What did they mean by this?

So that is 7 to 1 right?

real literature is writing pages worth of content about a little girl getting pounded by 7 dudes and describing the dick sizes of each participant The one with the biggest was the fat guy and he made the girl cum iirc. cant wait to see it happen in the show

he was alright early mid works. then he start doing acid and god know what drugs he didnt even remember writhing Cujo at the time in the 70-80s hang out with groupies and hippies where he was famous rich writer around this time start to write all the pedo shit
so you just know he have been fucking some prime hippie pussy at this time maybe not as young as in the IT book but borderline jailbaits for sure maybe even groupies and hippie sluts pimping they daughters to him its not uncommon thing to do at that time hell most of the famous hippie groupies where like 15-16 when they start fucking famous people

my point is you dont just write shit like this out of the blue something triggered this kinda writing you can see it all over his work even in his short stories

WAHA WAHA WAHA WAHA

that guy raped his cousin
Hemlock Grove, I can't believe I watched the whole thing

That movie was fucking shit. No camera work, literally aids with legs "chasing" you.

Some parts are very creepy. Particularly the bit in the darkened kitchen where the crazy mom sees the dead African slave while looking around. There are no musical cues or anything to suggest something creepy is about to happen. The whole story of Rose Manor works and it seems like a place that could legitimately exist in real life.

Just noticed the guy in the background barely keeping his shit together while Curry is going off.

Nigger that's Tim Curry

I didn't even realize the book had a scene like that. I only ever watched the mini-series.

thats kinda hot